Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: RoR Enhanced Editor Beta
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-30-05 09:59 AM ET (US)   
I know this has been delayed for a rather long time, so even though it is not finished, I still decide to post the link to a beta version here.

Basically, ALL hidden units (except some really useless and confusing ones) are made available, and ALL units are now 0-size and can be placed on every terrain.

The only thing I haven't done in this beta version is to fix a bug: Player 1 to 8 will get a same set of building appearence. Also, I would also want to have somebody test it for me to see if there are any hidden units I forgot to unlock.

http://gesneo.hp.infoseek.co.jp/empires.dat

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 11-30-2005 @ 11:14 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-30-05 10:47 AM ET (US)     1 / 44  
there is something id like to try...try enabling an animal...say alligator for player 1...then lets see how the game handles it...
posted 11-30-05 11:09 AM ET (US)     2 / 44  

Quote:

there is something id like to try...try enabling an animal...say alligator for player 1...then lets see how the game handles it...

ES hadn't written wild animal data for players, just like they hadn't done so to AoE hero data for gaia.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 11-30-2005 @ 11:09 AM).]

posted 11-30-05 01:40 PM ET (US)     3 / 44  
then what happends if you enable them for player 1??
game crashes?
posted 11-30-05 02:48 PM ET (US)     4 / 44  
I'll be sure to test this bugger out.

That stone path looks awesome, by the way.

I've quickly scanned it and found that 'rock 19', a water rock, couldn't be placed on land. Other than that tiny thing, this gives you a massive amount of power.

[This message has been edited by Rug_Might (edited 11-30-2005 @ 03:18 PM).]

posted 11-30-05 03:47 PM ET (US)     5 / 44  
Just remember to remvoe it when playing guys!

CenturionZ_1
HG Angel
AoEH Staff

'In heaven an angel is nobody in particular.' - George Bernard Shaw
Age of Empires Heaven Agetoons About Me
posted 11-30-05 08:59 PM ET (US)     6 / 44  

Quote:

then what happends if you enable them for player 1??

In fact, there isn't data of player animal units for me to unlock.

Quote:

I've quickly scanned it and found that 'rock 19', a water rock, couldn't be placed on land. Other than that tiny thing, this gives you a massive amount of power.

Got it.

posted 12-01-05 06:17 AM ET (US)     7 / 44  
I was literally drooling when I played around with it yesterday night. Units overlapping eachother is really great, I already discovered several new great effects using this top notch editor dat. The overlapping forest is superb, and so much more can be done. Unlimited possibilities

I'll review it once I've tested it some more and once it's up the downloads area. Excellent job scenario_t_c, scn design will never be the same.

posted 12-01-05 06:48 AM ET (US)     8 / 44  
What ere the new units that you have discovered?
And I'm going playtest it.
I have a smart method how to figure out, if a unit is unlocked.

Also, I realy like the most confusing things you can imagine.

[This message has been edited by Ancient Warrior (edited 12-01-2005 @ 06:49 AM).]

posted 12-01-05 07:11 AM ET (US)     9 / 44  

Quote:

What ere the new units that you have discovered?

Mostly cheat units, dead units and upgraded-building. Some excepetions are horse, space ships, traitors, Ruins 2......etc. Meanwhile, Battlesmoke (most of which appear to be rubble) are not unlocked on purpose.

Quote:

Also, I realy like the most confusing things you can imagine.

What did that mean actually?

I have fixed the Rock 19 and started to fix the building graphic bug.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 12-01-2005 @ 07:12 AM).]

posted 12-01-05 08:16 AM ET (US)     10 / 44  
Do you know that the unit "Space_Ship" belongs to a secret cheat code?
Last year, a friend told me about a cheat that summons a airplane or something. I asked him witch cheat that was. He aswered that he was forgotten it, beacause he herd that from someone else. But he knew that the code was very wheird, and large.

And I mean with the most confusing things, the wheirdest units in this game.

posted 12-01-05 08:54 AM ET (US)     11 / 44  
i heard it simply was that after you wrote the cheat code you choose a coordinate then the plane appeared and bombed it.
anyway...unlock any units...even the confusing and nonusable... we need a complete editor...
posted 12-02-05 04:38 AM ET (US)     12 / 44  
The unit named Doppleganger must be decoded, I think you missed it.
posted 12-02-05 10:33 AM ET (US)     13 / 44  

Quote:

The unit named Doppleganger must be decoded, I think you missed it.

Read these lines again:

Quote:

except some really useless and confusing ones

Quote:

are not unlocked on purpose

posted 12-02-05 12:15 PM ET (US)     14 / 44  
^ The space ship is useless too but is unlocked however. I think we don't need another unit if it is useless. Unless it's something that really could add up to scn design IMO.
posted 12-02-05 12:22 PM ET (US)     15 / 44  
Space Ship is near totally useless, but at least it still LOOKS cool.

The smoke is even more useless as it will only create a white bubble in the air at the start of the scenario.

posted 12-02-05 02:22 PM ET (US)     16 / 44  
what is doppleganger?
posted 12-02-05 10:40 PM ET (US)     17 / 44  

Quote:

The smoke is even more useless as it will only create a white bubble in the air at the start of the scenario.

Yes I noticed that one. I think it looks really cool, don't leave it out, it will be good for a unique effect at the start of a scenario.

Richard Wilde
rswilde01(at)gmail(dot)com
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
Review Thread - AoKH - GenieWiki
posted 12-04-05 12:56 PM ET (US)     18 / 44  

Quote:

Yes I noticed that one. I think it looks really cool, don't leave it out, it will be good for a unique effect at the start of a scenario.

For example, someone is angry. That's the reason why I put it in as well.

posted 12-09-05 07:10 PM ET (US)     19 / 44  
Is it possible to overlap on cliffs? I explain, I want to hide some of the repetitive rocks at each cliffs corners. Check the image below.

No desert patchs, no shallows patchs can do it.

Me, Avenger and Hanz.

Tribulation Designs

[This message has been edited by Dark_Avenger (edited 12-09-2005 @ 07:11 PM).]

posted 12-09-05 08:05 PM ET (US)     20 / 44  
Sea rocks can do it, but in RoR rocks are very small. I think they targeted them with a shrink gun or something. Just make your cliffs vary a little more instead, that pattern becomes too repetitive after 3+ repeated cycles.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 12-09-05 08:12 PM ET (US)     21 / 44  
Thanks Rich. I just gonna varying the cliffs. I tryied many stones(rocks) but didn't hide the others.

Me, Avenger and Hanz.

Tribulation Designs
posted 12-09-05 08:24 PM ET (US)     22 / 44  
Ah yes, sorry, that's AoE where you can hide stuff with rocks. RoR cliffs cover the rocks completely, puny things.

Richard Wilde
Skype - Gmail - Firefox
Wikipedia
posted 09-13-06 07:41 PM ET (US)     23 / 44  
I must say, thank you so much for making this, Scenario_t_c. You truly are a genius! ^_^ I use this all the time, in every single one of campaigns. [only made three so far, but i'll definitely use this in my many upcoming projects ]

Anyways, in using this wonderful device i found another missed Hidden Unit - Hero 12. Not exactly one of the greatest heroes of all time, but i like using him occasionally because he's hard to keep alive. ^_^ Just an idea to add him.

Oh yea, and @ Dark_Avenger. I find that using Grass Paths/Dirt Paths to cover up those repetative rocks works just fine. Cant place anything else over them, but they serve their purpose.

[This message has been edited by McCloudDash91 (edited 09-13-2006 @ 07:43 PM).]

posted 09-14-06 06:49 PM ET (US)     24 / 44  

Quote:

what is doppleganger?

Could someone please answer this? I dunno either

posted 09-14-06 08:39 PM ET (US)     25 / 44  
yes, do tell what doppleganger is. It sounds interesting, and i may wish to incorporate it into my campaign-in-the-making.

- Fox

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » RoR Enhanced Editor Beta
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames