Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hidden Terrain Template Download Center
posted 03-09-06 06:05 AM ET (US)   

All templates are in *.scn format that could be accessed by both AoE & AoE:RoR. Some useful special attributes of hidden terrains are marked as red texts in this list. Unit-placement related attributes for some terrains may be changed when using Enhanced Editor database.

Most forest (edge) terrains are grass terrains with darker green color displayed on mini-map, with the exception for palm forest (edge). It is suggested for scenario designers to download terrains 14 ~ 17 and 23 ~ 25.

Elevation 8
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge

0 Grass
1 Water
2 Beach (Desert Terrain Appearance, Cannot Place Building, Mess Up Other Terrains)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
3 Thin River (Dark Terrain, Blue on Mini-map, Cannot Be Passed Through, Cannot Place Anything)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
4 Shallows
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
5 Jungle Edge
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
6 Desert
7 Crop (Dark Terrain, Light Brown on Mini-map, Cannot Be Passed Through, Cannot Place Anything)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
8 Rows (= 7)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
9 Wheat (Dark Terrain, Brown on Mini-map, Cannot Be Passed Through, Cannot Place Anything)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
10 Forest
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
11 Dirt (= Desert)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
12 Grass 2 (Cannot Be Passed Through, Cannot Place Anything)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
13 Desert Palm
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
14 Desert Impass (Cannot Be Passed Through, Cannot Place Anything)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
15 Water Impass (Cannot Be Passed Through, Cannot Place Anything, Can Change Elevation)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
16 Grass Impass (Cannot Be Passed Through, Cannot Place Anything)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
17 Fog (Dark Terrain, Dark on Mini-map, Cannot Be Passed Through, Cannot Place Anything)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
18 Forest Edge
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
19 Pine Forest
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
20 Jungle
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
21 Pine Edge
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
22 Deep Water
23 (Grass Terrain Appearance, Dark on Mini-map, Cannot Be Passed Through, Can Place All Units & Buildings)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
24 (Grass Terrain Appearance, Dark on Mini-map, Retarded Navy Speed, Can Place All Units, Cannot Place Buildings)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
25 (Grass Terrain Appearance, Dark on Mini-map, Cannot Be Passed Through, Cannot Place Anything)
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
26 (= 25)
27 (= 25)
28 (= 25)
29 ...
30 ...
31 ...
32 ...
33 ...
34 (= Shallows)
35 ...
36 (= Shallows)

Thanks to Lennart (PhatFish) for the idea.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 03-10-2006 @ 10:46 AM).]

Replies:
posted 03-09-06 06:54 AM ET (US)     1 / 19  
Hey TC!
Do you know that the data of the accesability is located between the .dat file header, and sounds part?
It uses 32-bit floats.
ones (0000803f), zeros (00000000), and not used/disabled (FFFFFFFF).
Try out erasing some data.
I found out that the 1=accesable, and 0 = not, and FF?
Also, there is much more located in the graphic data, that you can think.
Try finding that out.
posted 03-09-06 06:55 AM ET (US)     2 / 19  
@AW

One question: the accesability of WHAT? There are about four to five different sections between the two areas you mentioned.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 03-09-2006 @ 06:57 AM).]

posted 03-09-06 06:58 AM ET (US)     3 / 19  
I think it's the first section below the header.
It determines, wether the terrain can be passed by a unit or not.
Try setting all zeros to ones. (please backup)
posted 03-09-06 07:05 AM ET (US)     4 / 19  
They are just header pointers / terrain headers and have nothing to do with the terrain setting IIRC. The attributes I was listing at the top thread matches only the normal database instead of my enhanced editor database.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 03-09-2006 @ 07:09 AM).]

posted 03-09-06 07:10 AM ET (US)     5 / 19  
Strange..
When i was resetting this data, seas became acessable, and strangely enough land was locked.
posted 03-09-06 07:15 AM ET (US)     6 / 19  
Are you not using the original dat?
posted 03-09-06 02:38 PM ET (US)     7 / 19  
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did you do this? I am really surprised that there's so many secret terrain! I managed to unlock 6 in total, but I never expected this...

I hope a stable large version of black tiles can be created through this. Finally, we can shape & form our own maps!!! Awesome+++

Yeah, I managed to unlock elevation 8 through my glitching too. I'm gonna check out all the templates asap. Scenario_t_c, you did it again.

*builds a statue of t_c and honors it*

The next thing we maybe could unlock is actual edited stats.

posted 03-09-06 03:33 PM ET (US)     8 / 19  
The "stable large version of black tiles" would be terrain 17.

Most so-called hidden terrains are just grass or desert terrains with other names and/or a few different attributes. Nevertheless, terrains 14 ~ 17 and 23 ~ 25 do provide some special features as mentioned above.

I am still finding the passable-water of which elevation can be changed.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 03-09-2006 @ 03:37 PM).]

posted 03-09-06 03:58 PM ET (US)     9 / 19  
I want that black terrain in Age of Kings.

Seriously s_t_c, aren't you worried about your exams?

posted 03-09-06 04:10 PM ET (US)     10 / 19  
Okay, I must say I begin to worry. Let's see, the first subject (English Oral) will be twelve days later......

PS: I have checked AoK data and all hidden terrains are already in AoKTS.

[This message has been edited by scenario_t_c (edited 03-09-2006 @ 04:11 PM).]

posted 03-09-06 05:48 PM ET (US)     11 / 19  
Awsomeness

Everyone! Do you remember when Scenario_t_c Day is?

I must now download every one of them.

[This message has been edited by Rug_Might (edited 03-09-2006 @ 06:00 PM).]

posted 03-10-06 10:47 AM ET (US)     12 / 19  
Elevation 8 and terrain 17 templates are finished, first, due to their usefulness.
posted 03-10-06 02:16 PM ET (US)     13 / 19  
They are all bug-free, and work extremely well. The black terrain is very useful, well done t_c. I really like map 15 as well, the water is good for water on hills, too bad nothing can be placed on it. Also, when you render grass terrain on the water, the beachlines are beta beach terrain tiles, pretty cool. The bright colored desert looks nice too.

I can't really imagine what could still be unlocked after these templates and stats editing. If that's the case, I don't think we need to get worried, since we have unlimited possibilies. You're just lacking imagination if you can't put any of this to good use...

Also, t_c, is it possible to unlock building foundations/partially builded buildings in the editor? They could be of some good use, methinks.

posted 03-10-06 03:03 PM ET (US)     14 / 19  
"Building foundations/partially builded buildings" are the same objects as the buildings themselves, but displayed in different appearance and with different attribute.
posted 03-12-06 01:12 PM ET (US)     15 / 19  
Too bad. Hmm... Is there any way you could use a .AI/.CTY file to tell the cpu to build partially builded buildings (e.g. a villager builds a house for 75%, and then leaves it alone and goes off to do something else)?

[This message has been edited by PhatFish (edited 03-12-2006 @ 01:14 PM).]

posted 03-14-06 03:45 AM ET (US)     16 / 19  
@PHATFISH:
I'm only want to ask:
Did you send me a mail about game maker version 6.0?
I just received a dutch message.
maybe, it's just someone else.

I don't want to be the happy guy out here, but I reveive loads of fanmail.
also, I got a e-mail from somebody, that says, it has the ALPHA version...

posted 03-27-06 04:52 AM ET (US)     17 / 19  
this is really neat...we shud make a graphic mod that gives the darkterrains(except fog) a graphic
posted 03-27-06 07:22 AM ET (US)     18 / 19  

Quote:

this is really neat...we shud make a graphic mod that gives the darkterrains(except fog) a graphic

I guess that snow is the first thing which come to our minds, however I fear it isn't possible: it appears that there is no transition between the 'new' and 'old' terrains thus, even with a new graphic for the dark tiles, the final result will be awfully blocky. A road texture could work better, but again it wouldn't have a good use, since the new terrains are unpassable

posted 03-27-06 07:54 AM ET (US)     19 / 19  
24 is passable
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » Hidden Terrain Template Download Center
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames