Veni, Vidi, Vici
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A protest against Sith's banning
posted 02-16-07 10:31 PM ET (US)   
http://www.filefactory.com/dlf/f/f0b223/b/4/h/6da24b9d3a817337/j/1171683254

That, my friends (or not), is a letter that Sith, a former HG Seraph, posted on a staff forum. Read it.

In this topic, Zen tries to justify his banning of Sith. But he can't. No one can. Hence the protest.

Feel free to post your comments for or against Sith's banning here. Zen, if you are reading this, I do NOT apologise for the swearing in Sith's letter. It's all true. Ban me if you must. Good luck with what's left of HG, which won't be much at this rate

[This message has been edited by g1ggy (edited 02-16-2007 @ 10:31 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-17-07 01:05 AM ET (US)     1 / 8  
I don't know why you're posting this here, but I see you've posted this again at OD. You'll get the answers you need there. Anyhow, I think you can get a better idea of what went on if you actually read Sith's thread, and I doubt you did.
posted 02-17-07 04:55 AM ET (US)     2 / 8  
I second Duan. I personally have nothing to do with Sith I don't know why he was banned and I don't know why we need this thread? It has nothing much to do with AoEH and we are small enough that we can get on without much help.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs
posted 02-17-07 05:52 AM ET (US)     3 / 8  
I can only repeat the words of DX and TDA. I have never even heard of the name of that guy. If he gets banned, so what. I for my part want AoEH to stay the way it's always been.
It's what makes the difference to other forums I'm in. No fancy stuff. No new features every week. The same mods for years.
Now, if Phill or any other mod of AoEH was involved in this, I'd probably care. I actually wasted my time and read that letter. I really don't understand why it's posted here. It has nothing to do with us.

Don't fear
Drink Beer!
posted 02-17-07 07:06 AM ET (US)     4 / 8  
It happens from time to time. It is frustrating when you want to get things done, rely on others for them and get delayed and/or messed around but it's not as if this is intentional. Frankly some of the points made there were downright silly, not to mention untrue. People don't help the situation with their own attitudes sometimes, or by falsely attaching blame to those who don't deserve it.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

AoEH | EEH | RoNH | IndividualsCAN

posted 02-17-07 03:54 PM ET (US)     5 / 8  
Although Sith had many good points, such as the reviews and the fact that we'll most likely never become any more important than we are now, I feel requesting a ban in order to protest is downright stupid. I understand Sith's feelings and understand why he did what he did, although at the same time i'm sorry because i know most likely nothing will be done about it. And yes, this is a pointless thread. everyone that should have seen the letter saw the letter. Nobody will ban you for agreeing with him. If they do, then Sith is more right than we all thought he was. Good day.

~ Fox

Tribulation Designs - AoE's one and only master design team.

The Legend of Assyria | Honor of a Samurai {prelude}

posted 02-17-07 04:03 PM ET (US)     6 / 8  
The problem is with people who assume because they have a problem with someone over an issue that they will have problems with them on all issues - without bothering to check if this is actually the case.

posted 02-17-07 10:07 PM ET (US)     7 / 8  
Why are you posting this here, Giggy? For the semblance of being rebellious without any negative ramification's?

For what its worth, Sith had good points, and bad points.

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 02-18-07 11:27 AM ET (US)     8 / 8  
Indeed. We all know the problems and we all get frustrated when we can't get things done as quickly as we like but an open thread with people jumping on the bandwagon, and where there will always be some who just enjoy disruption for its own sake, isn't condusive to getting anything sorted out. At the end of the day you just have a lot of wound up people, a lot of things said that can't be unsaid, everybody demoralised and pissed off, and still no solution.

There are genuine concerns - and better ways to epress them. We're not censors, we do listen, but we've gone as far as we can with this approach.

Thread closed.

Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Veni, Vidi, Vici » A protest against Sith's banning
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames