Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: .ply file any experiment
posted 05-27-09 08:30 AM ET (US)   
Thanks to all staff and users of aoe.heavengames

I want to know

1 is there any experiment on .ply file
2 is there any super .ply file which cp can use to attack and convert enemies ,heal unit
3 any other suggestion on .ply file
Replies:
posted 05-27-09 02:17 PM ET (US)     1 / 8  
I have done some experimenting with ply files, and while I have forgotten most of what I knew, I'm sure I could pick it back up. There is an article here if you haven't seen it already.

| The Slave Pits (4.8) MMC 1st Place | The Fate of Inraya Teaser (4.5) | The Parting Gift | Computer Wars Pack |
"Never experienced any of his revolutionary scenarios, but dang if he isn't charismatic when he speaks!" -Aro
Voted AoEH's Most Helpful Forumer 2009!

Ninetails, of all the forumers you seen to have the inabillity to feel hate against your fellow man. A noble trait, treasure it. -Gumble
posted 05-27-09 11:11 PM ET (US)     2 / 8  
1 Only the article Tinetails linked to.
2 The default one...
3 Don't touch them.

"Mrcheeze your genius but not quite a Gumble-kind-of genius." - Gumble
"We're all friendly here except MrCheeze but he means well" - Ninetales (Not exact words)
"Gumble has no words for you, you’re boring now. -underrated- that’s a joke, Gumble is OVERSTATED." - Gumble
(Not even sure what he was saying there)
posted 05-28-09 07:43 AM ET (US)     3 / 8  
i think if we don't do any experiment then how can we get a new result

if no experiment then there is no new Language.dll , .per and .ai files
posted 05-28-09 08:59 AM ET (US)     4 / 8  
Very good point, without experimentation there is no progress. However, I believe that you're the only one interested in the .ply file at this time, and no one else here has really bothered with them, so you're probably going to have to do all of the experimenting yourself. (Perhaps if you find anything interesting, the other forumers will also begin editing .ply files.)
Tinetails

| The Slave Pits (4.8) MMC 1st Place | The Fate of Inraya Teaser (4.5) | The Parting Gift | Computer Wars Pack |
"Never experienced any of his revolutionary scenarios, but dang if he isn't charismatic when he speaks!" -Aro
Voted AoEH's Most Helpful Forumer 2009!

Ninetails, of all the forumers you seen to have the inabillity to feel hate against your fellow man. A noble trait, treasure it. -Gumble

[This message has been edited by Ninetails (edited 05-28-2009 @ 09:00 AM).]

posted 05-28-09 10:57 AM ET (US)     5 / 8  
You can edit Ply file with notepad and read the article talking about it. Don t forget to backup the original ply file.With the ply file the computer can attack like a human , flanking attack etc...
It is very important to test diferent thinks. I have edited AI and Per and the result is more interesting than the standard AI. So the game gains more interesting editing anything you want.
posted 05-28-09 03:07 PM ET (US)     6 / 8  
To use the .ply in a campaign the player will have to install the .ply right?

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
posted 05-28-09 11:24 PM ET (US)     7 / 8  
---------------------------------------------------------
To use the .ply in a campaign the player will have to install the .ply right?
---------------------------------------------------------

till there is a only original aoe.ply file , no need to install it to a campaign
posted 05-29-09 06:05 PM ET (US)     8 / 8  
I don't know what you just said but what Frukt said was right...

"Mrcheeze your genius but not quite a Gumble-kind-of genius." - Gumble
"We're all friendly here except MrCheeze but he means well" - Ninetales (Not exact words)
"Gumble has no words for you, you’re boring now. -underrated- that’s a joke, Gumble is OVERSTATED." - Gumble
(Not even sure what he was saying there)
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » .ply file any experiment
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames