Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: FCUK – Holy Grail Edition
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 08-16-06 06:10 PM EDT (US)   

Fast Colonial with Uber Bank, "Holy Grail" Edition

This strategy is now updated for Vanilla 1.12 and TWC 1.04, it does not work for TAD because dutch lost a vil and skirmishers are now evenlower in the colonial food chain.

Deck and rec links dont work anymore because I have taken them off my webspace, but deck is simple enough, just the normal res cards, 3 vil card, militery cards.

One major advantage of this strat is that it can be pulled off on a very low level TC, DUN requires more high level cards.

BUILD ORDER

* 3 on gold min, 1 hunt towards town, 3 on gold crates.

* ship 3 vils, make 6, age with 16 vils, to 400w.

* VERY IMPORTANT: as soon as aging begin, 10 vils on wood and 6 on food, aim for 350f + 350w, as soon as either is acquired, move vils to gold.

* at about 3:40 you should have enough wood and food, build a bank.

* keep 10 vils on gold and rest on food, you should get 100g just as you hit colonial, queue 1 vil.

A 20.5 vil eco with a sub 4:10 colonial time and a villager queued!!

THE RUSH STRATEGY

Build forward barrack and 2 houses with the 400 wood, send 3 hussars. Keep making skirmisher and villagers - you can afford it.

Start rush as soon as you have 5 skirmishers, don’t bother siege anything, just kill whatever he has, keep hussars out from TC range, use skirmishers if you have to kill vils inside TC range, they are replaceable.

Your skirm + hussar should be able to handle any colonial shipment he has, and as long as he is not producing hussars locally, you should be OK.

Next shipment can be 8 pikes or 700wood. Use 8 pikes if he is turtling instead of fighting it this rush, or if he is relying on a TP for his shipment. To accommodate 8 pikes and vill growth you will need to chop wood and make 2 more houses.

700w should be used most of the time, build 3 more houses. If he is retaliating with LI, make stable and start making hussars; if he is making stable and making hussars, you should use this wood making pikes and also shift some vils to wood,

From that point you just ship whatever shipment you need the most, build whatever troop you need the most.

when you have too much res that you can’t spend, start building more banks, then TP and do stagecoach.

If he is relying on shipment to fight your rush, he will run out around 12~15 minute mark. But your eco is ever growing.

THE BOOM STRATEGIES

4 banks sub 8 minutes FF with 24 vils

Build 2nd bank with the 400 wood, ship 700 wood and build 2 more, between 4:10 to 7:30 you make 8 vils, togather with the 16 you started with you have 24 vils, ship either 700f or 700g as 3rd shipment, depending on which one you need, click aging up at 7:30.
That is a 42 vils FF with using only 3 shipments.

You should have the 4th shipment ready at about 6:30~7:00, you can use it on either 4 vil shipment to push vil count to 28 (which i dont recommend), or 600 wood for foundry/barrack/stable, or save for fortress.

schooner boom

Send schooner as first age2 card and make 2 docks with your 400 wood.

Having 1 bank means you only need 3 vils on gold to keep constant vil production, rest 13 can all go to wood, resulting an explosive boom, I will do post more results once I have them.

REC

this rush recording was against a 2230 player, who is also a forumer here, there was some lag and i did a crappy micro job. the rush did not kill him but made his eco idle for a long time, i ended up with a very strong economy.

i also have a rec of this strat being beaten by a fast dutch rush - 10 vil colonial without a bank, by the same player. but i won't bother post that as that was more of a failure of my gameplay rather than the strat

here is a 4 bank FF recording , opponent is very strong player, but new to dutch. the FF time was 8:30~ish, because i send 600W before 700G in fear of a sudden rush. If i had 700G first, the FF time would have been sub 8:00.

another recording of 4bankFF , against a german player. again, i mesed it up a little by sent 700G before 700W, hence the 30 second delay of fortress time. he was under the impression i was going to rush, because i rushed in our last game, he then fortressed and boomed a little. when he came to my base with army of uhlans and skirms, only to be stopped by fort and towers, went back to get falcs, then came back and got hit by my legion of guard hussars.

here is recording of DDS boom . opp was not terribly serious in this game, he was trying the OP strat suggested by ES - forwardbuilding banks! This recording is just to show how does DDS boom work. you can stop the boom at any point and focus on aging and defense.

[This message has been edited by ultimitsu (edited 04-03-2009 @ 08:07 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-16-06 06:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 43  
hmm this is fairly similar to what i've been doing. should work well.

Check out my YouTube Page!
ESO - LO12DS_Fry
posted 08-16-06 07:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 43  
Wouldn't this probably belong a bit better in the "Strategy" section? Looks like nice ideas.

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
posted 08-16-06 07:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 43  
I like these strats a lot. I will try them out soon.
posted 08-16-06 09:47 PM EDT (US)     4 / 43  
Ownage

Granted I was a few levels higher than him but it was my first game back. :P

In other news, pike, skirm, and hussar combo is awesome.

[This message has been edited by Syncope (edited 08-16-2006 @ 09:58 PM).]

posted 08-16-06 10:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 43  
Nice strategy

My only gripe is how you say it's only food and gold related. Unfortunetly a strategy cannot exclude wood from the strategy due to housing. For all other civs besides dutch and ottos, it can't exclude food, and for every civ but dutch, a strategy can exclude gold

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 08-16-06 10:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 43  
you dont chop wood, until quite a bit into the game.

for housing,

you startt with 100~200,

you get 200 for house upon hitting age2,

your 2nd shipment is 700w, 300 of which is to spend on housing.

a pop cap of 70 is all you need to win a rush.

Joe , old fcuk was posted in this forum, so i ported this one here too.

Syncope, nice

posted 08-17-06 01:14 AM EDT (US)     7 / 43  
Nice strat.

The economy of a 20 vil russian colonial except 2 minutes earlier :P

- - ESO Name: poita - -
- - ELO Rating: 2120 - -
- - Civ: Russia + Dutch - -
My Aztec Unit Guide (Updated!)
posted 08-17-06 01:19 AM EDT (US)     8 / 43  
Well if the person scouts you well enough he will have hussars waiting for you.

Germany or spain can ship one card and get on the same econ level as you though

Its a nice strat, it just doesnt seem fast enough, i dont know, if i were playing against this, i would lose only if i left my peasants out where you could find them

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.
posted 08-17-06 01:34 AM EDT (US)     9 / 43  
Lol the name is soooooooooo thegoodevil.

FCUK haha

" In peace, sons bury their fathers, but in war, fathers bury their sons." - King Croesus of Lydia
" You cannot fight for something you do not love." - Me, a proverb I invented when i was 7 years of age, for my pretend country.
Visit my Stupidest Things Seen On ESO Thread!
I am rather unpleasant
ESO Name: ZELOBSTER
posted 08-17-06 01:34 AM EDT (US)     10 / 43  

Quote:

Well if the person scouts you well enough he will have hussars waiting for you.

Germany or spain can ship one card and get on the same econ level as you though

Its a nice strat, it just doesnt seem fast enough, i dont know, if i were playing against this, i would lose only if i left my peasants out where you could find them

Not fast enough? You do realise that the Dutch have one of the fastest colonial times possible and that this strat attacks as soon as your first colonial card arrives.

- - ESO Name: poita - -
- - ELO Rating: 2120 - -
- - Civ: Russia + Dutch - -
My Aztec Unit Guide (Updated!)
posted 08-17-06 02:25 AM EDT (US)     11 / 43  
I did notice how fast dutch time is, since they dont need food for villies they can pretty much match the otto colonial time and is only beaten by Russian Fast colonial

Peace out
My strats:
Russian Fast, Agressive Strelet FF - FASAF - http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,30817,0,10
Ottoman super rush-http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forumsdisplay.cgi?action=ct&f=15,30144,0,10
Super fast Port FF-http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,30145,0,10
posted 08-17-06 07:49 AM EDT (US)     12 / 43  
Great strat, nice build from which to work on. Sets foundation for strong colonial or fortress. Good work, keep the strats coming

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
posted 08-17-06 08:40 AM EDT (US)     13 / 43  
Awesome strat, I hope it's as fast as you say. I would imagine it's a little slower, but I won't doubt you until I give it a try. The prospect of having a bank that early with a fast colonial time is cool.

"My fort was razed by cougars."
posted 08-17-06 10:20 AM EDT (US)     14 / 43  
lol, a dutch beating an ottoman, thats a new thing we´ll see

ESO: Garlock
posted 08-17-06 11:20 AM EDT (US)     15 / 43  
this used to be what i did pre 1.08, but now i dont make a bank before reaching colonial because i want to use the 15% mine bonus.

@garlock, me is lvl 36, i just beaten a lvl 38 otto in a 1v1. (hc lvl me vs him = 101 vs 106).
But to be honest, i beat him because his strat was a bit too obvious. Patagonia, deck without factories, all ship shipments and many age2 resourse shipments. His ships meet my outposts and ships, his jans my skirms, and his abus came too late and got killed by my skirms that outnumbered them when the abus came.

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩš_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

posted 08-17-06 11:50 AM EDT (US)     16 / 43  
Props to you for figuring this out!

Check out my Blog at www.lohcenter.net
posted 08-17-06 01:26 PM EDT (US)     17 / 43  
Its decent, but i just got abused by an Ottoman who sent Jan/Abus. Abus killed skirms and Jans dealt with the Hussar shipment.

I gotta age faster probably to be able to deal with early Otto rush

"Were surrounded.........this simplifies things." - Chesty Puller USMC 1950

"Let your plans be dark and as impenatrable as night, and when you move, fall like a lightning-bolt." - Sun Tzu

[This message has been edited by ub3r (edited 08-17-2006 @ 01:27 PM).]

posted 08-17-06 03:16 PM EDT (US)     18 / 43  
if you are lucky they dont include abus in first attack. Then i just take out jans with skirms, and next attack i have enough skirms to kill abus

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩš_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

posted 08-17-06 04:13 PM EDT (US)     19 / 43  
not an ottoman expert but this is how ottoman generally make abus guns very early:

1, not making as TP at the start of the game, save all his wood + aging wood for foundry + barrack + houses, 5 jans as first age2 shipment - this gives fastest initial abus + jan hit, the down side is slower shipments, but if you are able to make lots of units and keep killing opponent's unit, then it is OK.

2, make a TP, make barrack + foundry with the aging wood, but have to chop wood for houses, 5 jan as first card, potentially one will have to chop 200~300wood - chopping that much wood is somewhat slow.

3, make a tp and ship 700w as first card, use it towards founrdry + more TP - but you miss out on 5 jans shipment, your initial hit is weaker.

4, make a TP and not make a barrack, this way they dont have to chop wood and can make barrack once 700 wood arrives, but that will be his 3rd shipment!, before then his abus solely rely on 5 shipped jans for protection, if these jans die, then his abus will all die from your hussars.

as you can see, none of above options really gives ottoman more firepower by the time your attack starts, against your 5 skirms with 5 more coming and 3 hussars, he may have 5~10 jans + 3~4 abus gun at the most, and after every enaagement, you will have non-stop unit coming out of barrack but he will run out of breath very quickly.

which is why a lot of ottoman uses only jan at the start, and only get abus about 6~7 minutes into the game.

posted 08-17-06 09:43 PM EDT (US)     20 / 43  
One MINOR suggestion:

You should hunt to send huntables towards the mine that you will use. That makes for a quick transistion from gold->food when you hit colonial.

posted 08-19-06 01:20 AM EDT (US)     21 / 43  
Thanks for this tip, i didnt actualy think about that.

this recording was against a 2230 player, who is also a forumer here, there was some lag and i did a crappy micro job.

i also have a rec of this strat being beaten by a faster and tighter dutch rush, 3:50 colonial with 15 vils and no banks. but i wont bother post that as that was more of a failure of my gameplay rather than the strat

[This message has been edited by ultimitsu (edited 08-19-2006 @ 01:22 AM).]

posted 08-20-06 09:06 PM EDT (US)     22 / 43  
No problem.

Thank YOU for the guides.

posted 08-20-06 09:25 PM EDT (US)     23 / 43  
interesting deck ulti, i used a more second age oriented deck but ill try that one out

Jesus loves me this i know.
for Chuck Norris tells me so!
posted 08-20-06 10:37 PM EDT (US)     24 / 43  
I still say that name was a total coincidence and was not at all intended to resemble any type of innapropiate word.

20.5 villagers is extremely impressive, but I think you may not be understanding that it may be smart to skip a bank early on if you wish to rush him effectvely. 4:10 with barely enough res for a villager isn't great, but if it works for you, go for it!

"Dutch are OP!"
"Iriquois are OP!"
"Stophon is OP!"

tEk Clan #1 US Clan
posted 08-21-06 02:32 PM EDT (US)     25 / 43  

Quote:

interesting deck ulti, i used a more second age oriented deck but ill try that one out

7 age2 cards was already very age2 orientated for me

in any case, dutch's eco is very good and grows very fast, imo you dont need more res cards than these 4, in fact if it werent for versatility of doing a 4 bank 8:00 FF with this deck, i would replace 700f with 4 vils.

dutch rush is not as powerful as ottoman rush, my strat does not intent to go all out and finish them off in age2, sometimes you cant stop them from turtle very hard and make it into age3, so having some age3 and age4 card yourself is very important.

Quote:

20.5 villagers is extremely impressive, but I think you may not be understanding that it may be smart to skip a bank early on if you wish to rush him effectvely. 4:10 with barely enough res for a villager isn't great, but if it works for you, go for it!

not building a bank allows a faster barrack and fast rush for sure, but problem is not being ablw to keep it going unless you catch opp completely off guard that he has to wait for a minute or so to get some defence.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » FCUK – Holy Grail Edition
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames