Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Jack Absolute
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 47  Next Page »
posted 10-20-05 07:57 PM EDT (US)   
Slated for a CONFIRMED September 30th Release
- Some Features Removed Due to Editor -

(Scroll down to view the question of the day)

Weekly Screenshot
JACK ABSOLUTE MENU SHOT *Thanks to Argalius*

Quick Information:

• Estimated Release Date: Coming Soon: 2 to 3 weeks
  • Map Size: Approx. 860 X 744
  • Possible Minimum Specs: 1.8 ghz processor, 512 MB Ram, AoE3 compatible video card.
  • Reccomended specs: 2.4 ghz, 1024 MB ram, Geforce 6600 GT or higher

Features:

• A beautiful landscape with dozens of unique, historically significant locations and spectacular eye-candy.
  • From the force(s) that brought you the King of the Mountain trilogy, Birthright-The Adventure and Heroes Chronicles.
  • Completely voiced over with top-quality voicework done by the proffessionals from the vocal studio S.A.V.A.G.E.. Due to lack of time brought about by frustration with the editor, this feature has been removed. However, it will appear in my next scenario if possible.
  • Story-driven RPG scenario, with a narrative story-line and a hero you will never forget. RPG elements include robbing homes, accepting jobs, upgrading your character, a diverse and open dialogue system (an amazing first for HG scenarios!) and multiple paths and choices you can make.
  • Almost one hundred optional missions to complete, and along with the engaging main story-line, over four hours of non-stop gameplay, and immense replayability.
  • Play as Jack Absolute: switch between three unique disguises, each with their own advantages- a native warrior, a British officer and an American spy.
  • Intriguing Romance model with a wide variety of women to choose from, each bringing in their own special benefits. Cancelled due to the lack of proper triggers. The women and the fun is still there, but there is no complex Romance meter involved.
  • Fun, timed events similiar to those found in Age of Mythology's 'Heroes Chronicles'.
  • Advanced 'Journal' similiar to the one found in Age of Mythology's 'Birthright-The Adventure'.

Comments on the music track:

"WOW!"- Rider of Eternity
    "Great music!"- Elpea
    "Really good soundtrack"- Shrink
    "Very emotional!"- Spitfire
    "Dude, that soundtrack is AMAZING!"- antisback

Comments on the voicework:

"OMFG- Amazing!"
    "Sounds so...proffessional!"
    "The voices are really good, but the dialogue sucks"- Spitfire

Screenshots:

*Coming Soon: Answers to previous questions*

Here's an excerpt from a update I gave to Rider, and I thought it would be neat to post it here.

^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    its very much like Birthright, except without character selection..
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    and richer dialogue
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    its main feature that sets it apart from Birthright is that every dialogue has many options
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    its all controlled via choice dialogue, so u can say different things to different people, each having different results
    Seb says:
    does it affect gameplay?
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    otherwise, its basically birthright- tons of missions, one big quest, upgrading, and stuff
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    yeah it does
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    i demonstrate this from the very beginning
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    when u click on a priest (if u do), he will ask you to help him get rid of an old man
    Seb says:
    ok, anyway, let me playtest
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    there are soo many outcomes to this mission
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    1) you can be all nice and help him. you have to choose the right dialogue (you could say 'i'll do it for money!' or 'i'll do it for the good of the church!' or you could just refuse)
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    if you decide to help him
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    you could either talk the old man into leaving the cemetery
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    or kill him
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    killing him still completes the mission, but then the old man's son will try to assassinate you later on in the game
    Seb says:

^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    if you help him, the old man's son will be on your side
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    anyways, thats one outcome
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    another, you can refuse
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    but you can also be rude in your refusal
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    and you can also, if you want, choose to kill the priest instead
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    which will turn the church against you, and you'll have hired assassins after you all the time
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    almost every mission is this complex
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    i think what people will hate is that choice dialogue pops up so much, and it might be distracting
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    but IMO its worth it if the scn is gonna be complex
    Seb says:
    thats gonna be awesome
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    the editor sucks, chat contains doesn't work=(
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    so to use your special powers
    Seb says:
    cant believe u actually put in that kind of effort into it all
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    i made a small spot on the map with a polar bear and a horse
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    and u can click on one of them
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    every one of your disguises has 2 different powers
    Seb says:
    do u reckon u could put like a tc or something on that island so that people can just hotkey to the place?
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    so, as the officer, you can either call upon your native american friend Ate for 60 seconds, or you can ride a horse (obviously more hp, speed and attack) for 60 seconds
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    hmmm
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    that might be a good idea
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    i'll check it out
    Seb says:
    good
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    other features include the big towns
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    london is pretty awesome IMO
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    the whole city is almost as big as Birthright's map
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    and its got some 80 or so missions in there (which branch out into another 80 lol)
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    anyways, its divided into 3 sections
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    one is the 'outer-london', which is small and is basically a tutorial zone
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    what i did was, im forcing you to play a few of the tutorial missions to earn the gold to get on a train to travel to the other locations
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    that way, you won't head into the real stuff just yet
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    there's eastern london, and western london
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    western london is wide-open spaced
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    very beautiful, bright and sunny
    Seb says:
    wow aweomse
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    eastern london is congested, smoggy, with lots of poor people, and high rise buildings
    Seb says:
    a lot of thought into this aswell
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    i stuck alot of buildings into each other for eastern london, then used HC buildings to make it all look taller
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    the one awesome thing about JA, is that whenever you leave a location, you'll end up in somewhere almost completely different.
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    You leave London, you have to fight through Magellan's pass, and then, you'll end up in a jungle..
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    then an amazing battle at sea, in which you're captured by pirates
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    thats my favorite scene
    Seb says:
    oo
    Seb says:
    sounds good
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    yeah
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    its awesome, the british ships are firing at this huge IGC galleon, and explosions everywhere, and you have to fight off all the pirates and then defeat *secret character*
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    and its not even the last boss fight
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^ says:
    And ofcourse, all the main cinematics are voiced, plus a little extra voices here and there...
    ^^[|v|aXiS]^^:
    cya anyways

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 08-26-2006 @ 09:43 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 10-20-05 08:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1175  
    Yours screens look awesome I can't really think of anything I don't like there. Keep up the good work! Maybe you could post when you expect (realistically) when you think you'll be finished.

~ LORD HYPERION × ESO Stats ~

[This message has been edited by Lord Hyperion (edited 10-22-2005 @ 00:59 AM).]

posted 10-20-05 08:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 1175  
    Looks good.

posted 10-20-05 08:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 1175  
    Looking good.

I haven't even began designing yet, ESO2 has been taking me time

posted 10-20-05 09:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 1175  
    Wow, designing already? Looks great.

The Night Tower
    _-~:|Septenary|:~-_
    posted 10-20-05 09:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 1175  
    I hate you, Guardian, because you have a better graphics card than I do.

Awesome screens, man, especially the London Corner one.

/// (¬, (¯\ (¯¹ ¯)¯ (¯) )¬,
    \\\ ==============
    /// AoKH Forumer

posted 10-20-05 09:44 PM EDT (US)     6 / 1175  
    Dang, I don't even have the game yet (doesn't come out here till like the 30th, crap), and you're already working on a massive scenario. *sighs* oh well, I'll catch up. It's lookin cool, though. Nice screens.

Current AoK Project: None
    posted 10-20-05 10:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 1175  
    Looks great!

Can't wait until I get AoE3. Since I don't have AoE3 yet, can you spin objects, like what Reyk created on AoM?

[This message has been edited by V01ture (edited 10-20-2005 @ 10:13 PM).]

posted 10-20-05 10:46 PM EDT (US)     8 / 1175  
    Nah, you can't

Can anyone answer the question of the week-

What did you like/dislike about Birthright-The Adventure? Did you find all the RPG elements unique? Do you prefer a more techincal RPG (lots and lots of features) or a more story-driven RPG (more focused on choice dialogue, etc.. effects)?

posted 10-21-05 00:36 AM EDT (US)     9 / 1175  
    looks good guarddian,(sounds a bit like Fable) cant wait till I get the editor

[This message has been edited by Latino heat III (edited 10-21-2005 @ 00:39 AM).]

posted 10-21-05 00:48 AM EDT (US)     10 / 1175  
    If you have Age of Mythology, play my other big-ass massive RPG, Birthright-The Adventure. It's more similiar to fable (fantasy setting).
    posted 10-21-05 01:40 AM EDT (US)     11 / 1175  
    Cheers Guardian!
    That is some very impressive work you got there. How long have you had AOE3? You have already became skilled in map design. Guess that's no suprise after Birthright
    I have two suggestions though, I thought all of the energy and stuff you had to keep up in Birthright was kind of a pain. Another suggestion is to have it kind of like life, where you could pick a house to buy and they would all cost a different ammount but they would effect you somehow later on. Perhaps, if you talk to one guy he will offer to buy your house for 1,000 coin when you only bought it for 850 coin.
    I don't know if you need help or if I would be much help to (in my opinion) the greatest designer ever. But if you need anything from quest making, brainstorming, or playtesting, feel free to ask. It would be an honor.

Quote:

What did you like/dislike about Birthright-The Adventure?

Well, I can't think of anything I disliked. But, I really liked the fact that you could pretty much go anywhere on the map at anytime instead of having to follow a path.

[This message has been edited by pEpsIdUDe_123 (edited 10-21-2005 @ 01:43 AM).]

posted 10-21-05 02:46 AM EDT (US)     12 / 1175  

Quote:

I have two suggestions though, I thought all of the energy and stuff you had to keep up in Birthright was kind of a pain.

Jack Absolute has a different system. This time, you won't die if you don't eat..

But if you find food in the forest, and forage it, you gain extra coin which you can use to buy new weapons, gain experience, etc..=)

Quote:

Well, I can't think of anything I disliked. But, I really liked the fact that you could pretty much go anywhere on the map at anytime instead of having to follow a path.

I'm glad you liked that=). In the second Birthright patch I added respawnable enemies so it wouldn't be boring, but that didn't work quite as well.

In Jack Absolute, you can go anywhere you want, via a train station. However, after the first stage (city of London, HUGE) cannot be returned to after you sail to the new world. Other than that, you can go wherever you want, whenever you want=).

Quote:

Another suggestion is to have it kind of like life, where you could pick a house to buy and they would all cost a different ammount but they would effect you somehow later on. Perhaps, if you talk to one guy he will offer to buy your house for 1,000 coin when you only bought it for 850 coin.
    I don't know if you need help or if I would be much help to (in my opinion) the greatest designer ever. But if you need anything from quest making, brainstorming, or playtesting, feel free to ask. It would be an honor.

First, I would gladly accept any suggestions, even ideas for quests. Second, about the life-like thing- let's just say I came up with a system (haven't triggered it yet, but put the idea down about two weeks ago) where you will be managing Jack Absolute's company (the Absolute Trading Co.)- it's very similiar to what you're asking.

As for buying a house? Maybe. But I've tried it before, and it wouldn't work. However, there is an indoor sequence for robbing houses. And dozens of houses to rob!

=)

*Goes to Sleep*

Progress Update

[This message has been edited by Lord Gaurdian (edited 10-21-2005 @ 02:59 AM).]

posted 10-21-05 03:31 AM EDT (US)     13 / 1175  
    I have one question Guardian, When it gets to the stage can I test

[This message has been edited by Latino heat III (edited 10-21-2005 @ 03:31 AM).]

posted 10-21-05 03:59 AM EDT (US)     14 / 1175  
    Sounds very interesting.

|| argalius.elpea.net
    || Cherub at AoE3H
    || In honor of FlipBizcut
    || Mod: The Age of Crusades
    posted 10-21-05 11:01 AM EDT (US)     15 / 1175  
    This sounds and looks absolutely brilliant. When you release it, I'll be waiting in line to give it a go. Excellent work, man.

Suckin' at Age' since AOE.
    posted 10-21-05 11:20 AM EDT (US)     16 / 1175  
    DAMN YOU GAURDIAN

If you keep going as fast as this, JA will be finished by the time I can buy the game

I hate microsoft

But I will surely play this when it comes out. It looks awesome

Reinfire
    --Retired Scenario Designer--
    Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
    posted 10-21-05 11:42 AM EDT (US)     17 / 1175  
    posted 10-21-05 11:45 AM EDT (US)     18 / 1175  
    Looks Grand Lord Guardian!

I havn't even got AOEIII yet, Argh!

(¯`·.`.¸¸.°°.¸¸.`.·´¯)
    (°¸.·`«Slick G»`·.¸°)
    (¯`·.`.¸¸..¸¸.`.·´¯)
    posted 10-21-05 11:50 AM EDT (US)     19 / 1175  
    it sounds like its going to be beautiful. now you'd better live up to this all, or I think I'll muster a horde of geeks to burn you at the stake or something

Bah.
    posted 10-21-05 11:51 AM EDT (US)     20 / 1175  
    That's fast, IMO.
    But I wonder if you have even finished the campaign and tried every country in skirmish.

I am looking forward to this scenario.
    (very high understatement)

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) Corn for the Corn God!
    posted 10-21-05 12:37 PM EDT (US)     21 / 1175  
    Yeaaah I've played some skirmish modes, didn't touch the campaign because I heard it wasn't good. Anyways, I bought the game to design mostly, and ESO is having troubles so it was practically the only thing I could do.

Going to start designing- I'll let you know if I find a better alternative for the English disguise.

posted 10-21-05 12:47 PM EDT (US)     22 / 1175  
    Maybe a Hussar or a Dragoon, if you haven't made it able to mount a horse a bit later in the game. (wich would be very cool

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) Corn for the Corn God!
    posted 10-21-05 12:51 PM EDT (US)     23 / 1175  
    That's not the hard part. The hard part is making a system where the player can easily activate/deactivate the ability.

Quote:

Guess that's no suprise after Birthright

Glad you liked it, btw

[This message has been edited by Lord Gaurdian (edited 10-21-2005 @ 03:39 PM).]

posted 10-21-05 06:20 PM EDT (US)     24 / 1175  
    Birthright was the best scenario ever for AOM. Jack Absolute sounds (and looks) even more woahsome than Birthright.

Can't wait to play

I don't really have any ideas right now (it's like 23.19 ...sleepy...).

How big is the mapsize? And do you think working on a round map is better or worse by the way?

Very nice site too. And yeah, I'm likin the feature list Guardian

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 10-21-2005 @ 06:21 PM).]

posted 10-21-05 06:24 PM EDT (US)     25 / 1175  
    The round map is harder, but I surround it with cliffs to fix it up.

Map size is 844 X 764. It was bigger but then big is too laggy. It'll be this big, because I want wide-open spaces for some events...

I'm trying to avoid lag as much as possible with this one, since obviously AoE3 is taxing. Still, I like going into details with eye candy.

Quote:

Birthright was the best scenario ever for AOM. Jack Absolute sounds (and looks) even more woahsome than Birthright.
    Can't wait to play

Thanks

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 47  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Jack Absolute
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames