Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Reyk's 4 Mac Guide
posted 12-21-06 06:54 AM EDT (US)   

The Reyk's 4 Mac Guide
... an attempt maybe, but a working one , by jml...

How to install AoEIII Reyk's editor on a Macintosh:

• 1) First download the AoEIII Reyk's editor here!
  • 2) Unzip the " N3E2.zip " file with StuffIt Expander:
    That's gonna give you a " N3E2 " folder, containing 3 files:
    - install.txt
    - unlockscreen.cam ( Save this one for later...! )
    - n3e2.exe
  • 3 ) Again unzip the " n3e2.exe " file with StuffIt Expander:
    You're getting a " n3e2.exe Folder" with 6 files and folders in it.
  • 4) Now locate your AoEIII application! (And not the Documents/Age of Empires III folder.
  • 5) Right-click on it and select " Show package content " or something similar. ( mine is in french = Afficher le contenu du paquet! Ha, ha, funny frenches! )
  • 6) It shows a " Contents " folder: Now, follow this path:
    Contents/Resources/GameData

This well hiding " GameData " folder is your Mac key folder for mods and updates: Basically you just gotta drop or copy anything into it, following Reyk's ONLY INDICATIVE folders!
    ( IMPORTANT: Move the files but not the folders, almost most of the time. )

• A) " Campaign " folder: Move the 8 .xml FILES ( again and last NOT the folder itself ) into the GameData/Campaign folder.

• B) " data " folder: Move the 10 .xmb FILES into the GameData/data folder.

• C) " N3E2 " folder: Reyk's read me, move it to your personal AoEIII docs safe place.

• D) " SXUNINST.EXE " file. Nothing for Mac, it's Pc uninstaller.

• E) " trigger " folder: Move the only " typetest.xml " file into the GameData/trigger folder. HERE! it's gonna ask you if you want to replace an existing file by the same name... I did! Up to you... but I think it's fine.

• F) " ui " folder: Move the 86 files ( NOT the ui folder! ) into the GameData/art/ui folder.

• G) LAST but not least, there is this " unlockscreen.cam " file you founded earlier in the first step of this entire unzipping process. Move it into the GameData/Scenario folder.
    I also copied it a second time into the Documents/Age of Empires III/Scenario folder. Not sure about that part at all, probably not necessary...

... AND... IT WORKS!!!!...

( I haven't find a way to move units upside down, and no enlargement possibilities... as far as I know. )

Any comment about any of this would be very welcome.
    Thanks to all of you guys around here who help me strongly to figure this out.
    And thanks to... Well, I let you guess on this one...

[UPDATE]

So far, I have been adding to the original AoE3 with great satisfaction:

• AoE3 Reyk's editor
  • Designer's Mod for Patch 1.09 ( But be aware this is not the official ES 1.09 patch. )

Also, this and this might be worth reading.

[UPDATED]

Enjoy!
    jml

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 01-29-2007 @ 12:31 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 12-21-06 08:17 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9  

Quote:

( I haven't find a way to move units upside down, and no enlargement possibilities... as far as I know. )

There are no enlargement possibilities, but you do have an upside down possibility. Go to objects - position objects (there will be 2 position objects, it's the second one)
    Then, you will get a panel with all sorts of red arrows on it.
    Experiment with those arrows, then, you will be able to move in any way you want.

posted 12-21-06 08:40 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
    Let me guess... Lance O Lot helped you?
    posted 12-21-06 01:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
    I´m happy, that the NE works now on Mac! Thanks jml!!!! and a happy good New Year.
    posted 12-21-06 02:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
    @ Reyk

For you? Anything! Anytime! I mean, almost...
    Thanks for the nicest Christmas present! Now I know I can do what I want, as long as the editor doesn't collapse...

posted 12-21-06 03:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9  
    Ctrl +/- work to pitch units too.

| Botolf the Crazed |
    There's treasure everywhere!
    Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
    posted 12-21-06 05:29 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9  
    ^^only if you press the unloc camera button^^
    posted 12-21-06 08:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
    Well, I'll try all of this soon and add it to the Mac guide, make something maybe more general with it, not only the Reyk's thing, since some of these Mac guys are going to show up any time now, with the same knowledge that I have today regarding AoE3. Almost none! But this can only get better.
    My concern is I can't play some customed scenarii, and I think it's because of update things, like this 1,09 patch..., which haven't been made for the Mac application, at least not that I know of.
    I downloaded this patch and... I might... be able to stuff it into the Mac application as I did with the Reyk's editor. My only worry is I hope ES didn't do it already since this Mac app is more recent. But knowing a bit this company... I doubt it.

So I have a question: Which are the few very most important customed improvements I should have into my AoE3, such as this 1,09 Patch I believe, like the " must have " stuff let say?
    'cause that would be a pitty to make ( Mac ) scenarii... that no one would be able to play, beside myself!?

posted 01-03-07 06:30 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9  
    Install a great mod: Designer's Mod for Patch 1.09.
    I also strongly recommend Mac users, and anybody else, 'sure you all PC guys know about it, to install this mod
    It solves a bit of this pitiful sky problem, since the " Render Sky " effect doesn't work, by letting you use the 11 skies you can actually see in the Home Cities, called " HC SKYBOX Boston " and so on.
    And add loads of interesting objects as well.

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 01-03-2007 @ 06:33 PM).]

posted 01-03-07 06:48 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9  

Quote:

^^only if you press the unloc camera button^^

Not in my use of it.

| Botolf the Crazed |
    There's treasure everywhere!
    Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Reyk's 4 Mac Guide
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames