3 Settler Card.
5 Settler Card.
600 Gold.
Jaeger Division.
Jaegers.
Factory Card.
Robber Barons (second factory).

Politicians
Age 2: The Governor. 1 Outpost wagon. 200 gold. Gold for faster age 3. And an outpost to protect from raids.

Age 3: The Admiral of the Ocean Sea. 1 Caravel and 400 wood. Enough wood for 2 houses, that is good as 2 villagers. And on water maps the Caravel can fish or ruin peoples economies. Also gives a transport in case you get stuck on caribean or amazonia.

Age 4: The Tycoon. 1000 Gold. Gold is fun. My goal is once I am level 25 is to get some mercenary army cards. This will help.

My first game:
Reached age 2 in 4:44 with 20-22 settlers.
Reached age 3 in 8:00 with 30-32 settlers.

Build Order

Age 1
-Settlers 1-5: Collect food crates and hunt.
-Settler 6: Collect wood crates-build house-chop wood.
-All created villagers chop wood untill you can build 1 more house. Then move all settlers to food.
-First Card: 3 settlers.
-Continue vill production on food untill you can age up.
The Governor. 1 Outpost wagon. 200 gold.

In Transition
5 settlers: hunt.
5 settlers: chop wood.
4-7 (varies): mine gold.

Once you build 3 more houses move all wood settlers to gold.

Age 2
-Que up about 2 settlers and get the 5 settler card.
-All new settlers go to food. Once you have the gold (1000) move a bundle of settlers to food, but keep some on gold.
-Second card 600 gold (or you can get the 6 muskets or 6 longbow cards for defense. Depends on the need.)
The Admiral of the Ocean Sea. 1 Caravel and 400 wood.

Outpost Wagon
You get one outpost wagon for reaching age 2, which is glorious to protect from raids and defend rushes. You have to decide what you are going to do with it. One option is move it to your second gold pile (you will have to use the second) and defend it. Another is defend your wood chopping area. You have to make the judgement call in game.

In Transition
5 settlers: hunt.
9 settlers: chop wood.
10 settlers: mine gold.

Age 3
-Boom from houses and save food for units and reaching age 4.
-Get the Jaeger cards and dominate enemies. Keep them alive though. Protect your investment. Getting both cards means you could have 27 jaegers by 12-14 minutes. That is an almost unbeatable army for age 2 or 3 units.
-Your third card in age three (first two being jaegers) can be a fortress card, or falconet card. With siege you can start tearing down their towncenter. With a fortress card you can defend. Duh.
-I have added the highlander card to my deck. Advantages is highlanders are like super muskets so they can handle calvary--a jaeger counter.
Age 4: The Tycoon. 1000 Gold.

In Transition
-Continue to house boom.
-Get a second Towncenter up and boom from there.
-Construct military buildings and reinforce jaegers.

Age 4
-First 2 cards get 2 factories and start pumping out rockets.
-Boom.
-I added the estates card to my deck. Basically when I get it I have 20 town centers (since I max out houses) and can boom even better. Building 5 villagers at once is sweet.
-Amass an army and smile, if you made it this far you have probably won the game.

Notes:
-I went up to Age 2 with about 19, but thanks to house booming in transition I got there with 26.
-This strat will likely work best in team games, especially if you have pocket. It is a usuable 1 v 1 option, but strat is weak to the rush.
-Protect those Jaegers!! Please. Don't fight them under town center fire. Look to destroy straggling villagers, houses, military buildings, but keep them safe. At the same time don't be afraid to engage the enemy, but use smart tactics. Bumb and run against calvary. stay out of range of muskets.
-You don't have to follow this build order exactly. This is a suggested path. And a damn effective strategy if you ask me.

Things I would like to do as I lvl up:
-Get the highlander merc card and use that as my third card in age 3. Actually maybe second. Get 15 jaegers, 11 highlanders, 12 jaegers. Makes more sense that way.
-Get an age 4 merc army to mix in with my mass production of rockets.
-Get the age 3 8 settler card to help the boom.
-Get the age 4 rocket cards.
-Get the age 3 2 falconet card.

As I have tested
-Obviously not a strat for 1 v 1, but if you have your teammates rush and raid hard you can get the cover needed to pull this strat off.
-As I boom 1 house built goes to gold, another to wood, another to food and I go in rotation.
-About the time of my third-fourth card in age 3 (depends) I have the resources to go industrial.
-Depending on the sitution my industrial age cards are: Factory, Estates, Factory if I need to boom harder. Factory, Factory, Estates if my economy is still untouched and I have plenty of resources.
-In age 4 I build some stables and start pumping out hussars. British get good ones, and hussars can take care of culverins. Another option is dragoons, they can defend your rockets well too.

My other strategies:
My Russian Rush
Some Obersvations
Defense and Using Hot Spots (and some other interesting debate
a Portuguese-French Rush

Oh yeah, and grab a trading post at your convience.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

[This message has been edited by Jeffrey (edited 12-09-2005 @ 00:59 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-07-05 07:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 37  
Ottoman rush v. That = gg
posted 12-07-05 07:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 37  

Quote:

This strat will likely work best in team games, especially if you have pocket. It is a usuable 1 v 1 option, but strat is weak to the rush.

Try being constructive. Tell me why an ottoman rush would own that (I already know, but lets see if you do).

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

[This message has been edited by Jeffrey (edited 12-07-2005 @ 08:35 PM).]

posted 12-07-05 08:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 37  
very good strat!

Yeah, its look like that a good rush can own it, but in a team game its really possible to boom and still have a very good sniper army. Unless your opponent have lots of abus gun or cannons, it seens to be a gg :P

I dont play with british, but i would like to see one teammate doing this.

posted 12-07-05 08:27 PM EDT (US)     4 / 37  
lol this is a strat tge has been working on... id call it a boom not a rush tho

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 12-07-05 08:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 37  
    Yeah TGE mentioned it in my other thread about british. I started working on it and beat him to it. I win.

But his will probably be better.

-Benjamin Franklin
    posted 12-07-05 09:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 37  
    To get from 19 vils to 26 vils you would have to build 7 houses, I sincerely doubt that.

Anyway a merc rush has been around for awhile, however its a good srat.

FYI you should have 2 merc cards in 10 - 11 min, not 12-14.

posted 12-07-05 09:38 PM EDT (US)     7 / 37  

Quote:

FYI you should have 2 merc cards in 10 - 11 min, not 12-14.

I didn't note the times in my first run threw. That may be so. I didn't want to say to early.

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameStats.aspx?loc=en-US&GameID=a9bee0f0-38d0-8642-81d7-31002b8acdca&m d=ZS_Supremacy

Stats of my second game.

-Benjamin Franklin

[This message has been edited by Jeffrey (edited 12-07-2005 @ 09:40 PM).]

posted 12-07-05 11:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 37  
    You really gotta work on your thread titles Jeffrey!
    I think I counted the word boom about - well I lost count.
    I do think its a good boom, the British can amaas incredible villager numbers. Since 90 percent of the british boom, this hurts you as most people know this and will raid and rush you to pieces and its hard having such an explicit build order as Brits. But I am a big fan of FF and using Mercs to save your buttocks. I like this strat of 'yours' the best.

Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.
    posted 12-08-05 08:44 AM EDT (US)     9 / 37  
    Give credit where its due foo! Glad to see you made this strat, I'll have mine up soon however I would say that level 10 might not be enough to make full use of this strat which is why i'm taking so long on mine

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

posted 12-08-05 09:48 AM EDT (US)     10 / 37  
    good joke. this strat will never work on 1 on 1 against a skilled player. NEVER. they see you are brits, they will rush or raid you very early.wot are you suposed to do then?? protect with 1 tower and minuteman??? you are already dead. send 6 longbows?? you will still die.they will raid you to hell, and they will advance to fortress earlier than you. " dont put your jaegers under tc fire" what do you think that you do?? rushing them??? by the time you have those jaegers they will have a good army and they will have falconets for sure.you wont walk around their base just having to worry about tc fire. are you gonna win those falconets with the jaegers???
    i have a lot of problems defending myself against a rush even with 4 towers up and 10 longbows, and you are safe with 1 tower and perhaps 1 shipment???
    british jaegger rush. an atack at 12 min aint a rush...
    posted 12-08-05 10:46 AM EDT (US)     11 / 37  
    hehe,I found Jaegers have to avoid conflict with a large group of LBs...
    posted 12-08-05 11:29 AM EDT (US)     12 / 37  

Quote:

good joke. this strat will never work on 1 on 1 against a skilled player. NEVER. they see you are brits, they will rush or raid you very early.wot are you suposed to do then?? protect with 1 tower and minuteman??? you are already dead. send 6 longbows?? you will still die.they will raid you to hell, and they will advance to fortress earlier than you. " dont put your jaegers under tc fire" what do you think that you do?? rushing them??? by the time you have those jaegers they will have a good army and they will have falconets for sure.you wont walk around their base just having to worry about tc fire. are you gonna win those falconets with the jaegers???
    i have a lot of problems defending myself against a rush even with 4 towers up and 10 longbows, and you are safe with 1 tower and perhaps 1 shipment???
    british jaegger rush. an atack at 12 min aint a rush...

First off I never said this strat would work 1 v 1, but I did say it could work 1 v 1 and I mentioned it was weak to the rush. Secondly I never said that good grammar and puncuation was important, but it is.

If they build any sort of army then it is impossible for them to reach fortress age before I do. Even if they raid me, I will still reach fortress age before they do.

Yes this strat has some flaws and yes it is weak to the rush, we know that. Right don't you tell me what I can do to execute it better rather than telling me the common sense reasons why it wouldn't work against one particular tactic. This would work very well against the dutch or the portuguese. I know I have beaten a dutch. I was going to use it on Flammifer in my second ladder game, but he went spanish I expected rush and I went russians instead.

Also 10 longbows well used can go a long way to defend the rush. I would question your talent if you have that much difficulty.

Quote:

Give credit where its due foo! Glad to see you made this strat, I'll have mine up soon however I would say that level 10 might not be enough to make full use of this strat which is why i'm taking so long on mine

I love you! And I agree, it would be much better after level ten. This is just something I threw together. I am trying to be cool at AOE3H since I am the noob over at AOKH.

-Benjamin Franklin
    posted 12-08-05 11:34 AM EDT (US)     13 / 37  
    Nice strat. Would you like me to rename it to "British Jaeger Boom" or something in the Directory?

★★★★★
    posted 12-08-05 11:46 AM EDT (US)     14 / 37  
    its true you didnt say this strat would work,i am just telling you that it wont work.

its true that if they make an army they will advance later than you, but, what do you think they will do with that army??? stay there smoking with the natives??(i guess tupis have some good drugs though)no man, they will see you have no troops but a poor tower and they will atack you. that means you have to ring your vills so eco stops.you see? they have the upperhand.and they have just made a small atack, not a complete rush.

you say it wont work against a particular tactic.well that tactic is called rush and it is the most common strat in this game.

dont question my talent im not a pro, just an average player, but 10 longbows wont stop a good rush.some cav will eat them, same as those abuss guns and in your strat to make 10 longbows you have to change all your orders and delay a lot your fortress time.

i know grammar and puntuation is important but im not english so dont expect shakespeare lessons from me

i didnt try to atack you in anyway im just telling that it is not a viable 1 vs 1 strat so sorry if i ofended you

posted 12-08-05 12:40 PM EDT (US)     15 / 37  
    Jeffrey, both the French and Dutch (and I'm sure some of the other civs) can build a decent sized army and Fortress by the 7:00 mark, much less 8:00.

Plus, with 26 settlers you should be able to hit Fort much quicker than 8:00 if you aren't building an army. Also, how did you get 26 and age up that fast?

Leader- OOYA (Odhinn Owns Ye All)

Also check out my band at www.myspace.com/wdreams

[This message has been edited by lordvasa (edited 12-08-2005 @ 12:43 PM).]

posted 12-08-05 02:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 37  

Quote:

Plus, with 26 settlers you should be able to hit Fort much quicker than 8:00 if you aren't building an army. Also, how did you get 26 and age up that fast?

Yeah my numbers are wrong. My testing games ending up being carolina. On a normal map it is closer to 22. The delay aging exist where I am chopping wood for more houses for more of a boom. I could age up much faster. I like having the boom though so I can switch to rush defense if need be. The strategy is very flexible since you mantain a good economy.

Quote:

Jeffrey, both the French and Dutch (and I'm sure some of the other civs) can build a decent sized army and Fortress by the 7:00 mark, much less 8:00.

I am aware. I was hit by such an army when I tested it out against a dutch fellow. I was able to defend however and do pretty well. The reason though I cite Dutch and portuguese (not french) as being beatable with this strategy is that why they may have an army at 7:00 minutes it is more likely a defensive army.

Quote:

well that tactic is called rush and it is the most common strat in this game.

In earlier age of empires, maybe. But I would say the rush is a second behind the boom. Since more civs can boom than can rush and the boom can defeat the rush it makes sense (assuming the player is skilled).

And ten longbowmen can go a long way with bump and run. Using micro they can defeat just about anything. Obviously abus guns are a good counter, if you can lure them close enough to the TC you can handle those too.

Quote:

Nice strat. Would you like me to rename it to "British Jaeger Boom" or something in the Directory?

I don't give a damn. If people think it is a boom, call it a boom. It is a boom, but I also like to think of it as a rush.

-Benjamin Franklin
    posted 12-08-05 03:00 PM EDT (US)     17 / 37  
    Yeah, alot of Dutch turtle too much. A good one, though, will recognize the need to hit you hard to disrupt the boom and will build accordingly. Brits and Ports are one of those situations where a rush may not necessarily put you ahead, but if you don't rush the boom will take off and many times it will be GG. Better to rush and break even then not and lose.

Leader- OOYA (Odhinn Owns Ye All)

Also check out my band at www.myspace.com/wdreams

posted 12-08-05 04:38 PM EDT (US)     18 / 37  
    There is one thing that absolutely owns Jaeger: organ guns.

"One day, my quotes will stand in signatures"
    Sjonnie

Quod licet Iovi non licet bovi

posted 12-08-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)     19 / 37  
    I think you would be a good German player.
    posted 12-08-05 09:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 37  

Quote:

I love you! And I agree, it would be much better after level ten. This is just something I threw together. I am trying to be cool at AOE3H since I am the noob over at AOKH.

^^^
    feel free to use the edit function

I saw your original villager count and was like what the hell? Thats what made me think this was such a nice strat. However I still think it sounds good and fun (and can possibly be improved) under the right conditions. Their is no doubt that the British can boom like champs and have access to those two very nice fortress merc cards.

Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.
    posted 12-08-05 10:43 PM EDT (US)     21 / 37  
    I think thats a bit too slow really I mean 8mins to FF is pretty slow. Spanish can easily get to Fortress there at 6:40 and by 8mins already have like 10 lancers, 4 hussars and 2 cannons and skirms coming at u. Once that hits you that will truly be gg. You need to get the time down to at least 7 minutes otherwise it may be too slow.
    posted 12-08-05 11:01 PM EDT (US)     22 / 37  

Quote:

You need to get the time down to at least 7 minutes otherwise it may be too slow.

Well it is a team strat mostly, and you can slow it down. The boom aspect of it makes it run a little a longer. Since I have people chop wood in transition for more villagers. I could shave a minute easy if I wanted to. Just have transtition villagers on food and gold only.

Quote:

feel free to use the edit function

I am. You will find the post updated in a few minutes.

-Benjamin Franklin

[This message has been edited by Jeffrey (edited 12-08-2005 @ 11:01 PM).]

posted 12-08-05 11:39 PM EDT (US)     23 / 37  
    you're cool stealing my strats jk I think you should be at least level 25 for this type of build really so you can have yoemen to fall back on incase your 27 jaegers become 27 random pools of blood on the ground

also you'll want the highlanders in there somewhere along with the highlanders you can get from the church.

I think this would be an unstoppable strat in 3v3 team games with your team mates holding the wings and tribbing some res to you. I think you posted this in a little too much haste just to try and get it out there first. You need to run tests over many games with many players to cement a strat.

Keep it up though you are on the right track.

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

posted 12-09-05 01:01 AM EDT (US)     24 / 37  
    All things that are very try TGE.

I will continue to update this strat and make changes. She is my baby. Or rather she is my baby that kidnapped from you. Regardless, this strat is far from perfected as you can see.

Part of the reason I did post it though was to get feedback as you are giving me now.

-Benjamin Franklin
    posted 12-09-05 09:44 AM EDT (US)     25 / 37  
    Highlander mercs rock. Even better, when you do the Black Watch from the church tech, all existing Highlander merc (yours only) get renamed to Black Watch.

Don't forget to build an Arsenal and get Counter Infantry Rifling if you're going to ship all those Jaegers. It will be used again in IV by the "Roger, Roger"'s (ya ya, Roger's Rangers). Usually, this tech is useless for the Brits in Age III.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » British Jaeger Rush.
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames