You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The British Fast Industrial with Mercantilism!
posted 04-19-06 05:16 AM EDT (US)   
Hello guys, and welcome to the first unofficial OFFICIAL Brit FI strat on aoe3h! With mercantilism! Everyone say yaaayy mercantilism!

Ok, so I like this strat cause it's flexible, utilizing some good booming while at the same time allowing for turtling/map control. Factories hit the map lickity split, as well as a fort.

Let's get to it. FI Powerrrrrr!!!!

First thing: Cards. There are a few you MUST have; others compliment it, and the rest are open to your liking.

Must have: Factory, Robber Baron, 700 coin, 1000 coin, 1000 food, 1000 wood, 3 villagers, 3 Rockets.

Compliments: Glorious Revolution, Estates, 8 villagers, Fort, and personally I like to toss in a merc; I like the mediterrainian army.

This leaves 8 cards open for what you want. Be creative! Try new things! Find cards that better suit this? Offer advice and suggestions and I'll include it and give credit where it's due.

Now, onto the game. There is one thing I MUST say before we do anything. This strat focuses solely on reaching IV and fueling your econ as fast as possible. Do NOT attempt this as is. This is just to show the best case senario. Slow down the age time and set up defences. Destiny_Devil suggests The Black Watch and 2 Falconet card for defence. Ultimitsu preffers The Adventurer(2 pikes, + 5 longbows) in the place of the Admiral. Also, as the legendary Ceres629 said: Don't counter what you think he's doing, counter what he IS doing. I have an agressive FI strat I'll post soon for all you aggros out there, but for the boomers at heart, this is their day.

Depending on whether you get the starting crates of 200f-300w or 200f-200w-100c it'll be a little different in the early stage of the game, but it won't matter that much. You'll see.

Discovery Age

Get the crates movin', and train the vills. Construct ONE house. If you had the 200-300 crate start, as tempting as it is, hold of on a second manor. A second vill is great but the wood is more useful later. Send 3 vills and train till you have 17 total. I like 17. It's my favorite number. Only hunt in discovery. The reason for that is that you can go wood crazy while you age, and it won't affect your age time. Age up with the Governor(200 coin, outpost).

While you age, send about 9 vills to cut wood. Build a TP when you get 250, and if you had 200-300 crates, send them now to a mine and collect 100 coin. Then send back to food when done. If you had 200-200-100, go stright to food.

Colonial Age

You should be able to send the 700 coin as soon as you reach II. Do so. Train 2 vills. Or 3. You decide. Age up with the Admiral of the Ocean Sea (400 wood, caravel) when you can afford it.

Go food crazy while aging, and be sure to have 200 coin by the time you get there. Depending on your micro, macro, and treasures you'll get there at 7:20-7:50

Fortress Age

Upon Age III, you'll have enough wood from the Admiral for a church and a house! Woot! Build both, and ship the 1000 coin. Train 1-2 vills; 20 total is pretty good. Age up with The tycoon(1000 coin). If you recieved the caravel, don't forget it! It's very useful, allowing you to gain food or coin or harass exposed fishie boats.

Allocate villagers to have roughly 500 coin by the time you hit IV. The rest hunt and chop, constructing houses as you gather. You can also send the fort for resource/map control, a huge-ass forward base, or for good ol' turtling.

Industrial Age

Send the miners to gather the chests, and hit that Mercantilism! FI powerrrr!!!!! You'll have 4-5 Shipments ready by 11:20-12:00.

How versatile! Ship two factories, 2000 resources, estates, or a merc army later on...

Man! Factories make their presence by the ~12 minute mark, and a fort already has been for a good minute or so. Soon after you've got 1000 wood for a 2nd TC, two houses, and 100w left, or 6 houses with 100w left. Then send 1000 food to fuel double TC's or estates.

Hope you guys find this insightful, and I'm always open to suggestions. Just reply in a cogent, polite manor. Thank you.

I have some screenshots and replays, and I'll get those up soon.

FI power!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by OpenAmp (edited 04-19-2006 @ 05:07 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-19-06 06:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
I stopped reading after you said dont try this if you think there might be an attack. What the hell is the point of this? if you cant defend yourself.

Me Grimlock no kisser, me king!!
He is right Predacons unite!
Decepticons. Prepare to face, Fortress Maximus
posted 04-19-06 08:34 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
Yay!! FI Powerrrrr!!!

But like said Shape, it's tough (*coughimpossiblecough*) to use this strat as by 12 mins you should have been attacked...

posted 04-19-06 08:36 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19  
I slow FI with defence and it seems better, one day I may post mine but I'm still losing and thats not a strat I want to share

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
posted 04-19-06 10:01 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
On topic : Agree , kinda hard to reach 12mins without any clashes
------------
Off topic:@Ossian
"You will find that the cav archers reach the same end result as the dragoon though I do agree they take longer to get there. That is the real reason that they seem bad - not because they lose, but because they take too long to win.
-ES SandyMan (my favorite noob qoute)"

Lol,I agree, thats how mods reply acting all high-and-mighty , thinking they've made the perfect balace or whatever.

posted 04-19-06 10:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19  

Quote:

This strat focuses solely on reaching IV and fueling your econ as fast as possible. Do NOT attempt this against ANY risk of an attack. If there is a risk, delay your time and set up some defences.

You should change this to:

This strat focuses solely on reaching IV and fueling your econ as fast as possible. Do NOT attempt this against ANY risk of an attack. If There is a risk, delay your time and set up some defences.

What's the point of a strat that assumes that your opponent will not attack you and let you boom for 12 minutes?

Quote:

I have an agressive FI strat I'll post soon for all you aggros out there

This is what we want to see.

Sorry if I'm coming off as offensive, but you seriously can't expect people to play this strat against anyone who actually wants to win a game. I guess it could work in a team game if your team mate defends you for the whole time.

I look forward to seeing the aggressive one.

posted 04-19-06 10:31 AM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
A good idea would be to use the black watch and falc thing with thin red line thats a good defence until 12 minutes . At least thats worked for me so far.
posted 04-19-06 11:26 AM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
and anyway,even if the strat is dumb, why send 1000 wood for a tc? estates is better than a tc because ti can train 20 vills at a time, and why not send 1600 wood if your in age 4 and you dotn want estates!?!?
posted 04-19-06 11:53 AM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
geez guys...it looks like a good strat to me just not a 1v1 game...but in team games it should be really viable. To have your 2 allies hold off the other team while you hit industrial.

Join the media team!
FeaR clan
MSN: eiles3@comcast.net | ESO: Mattlight | Skype: Matt_to_da_light | Gamespy: TeHMaTFaCToR
When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.
posted 04-19-06 02:34 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
I dont wanna sound too harsh but if your oponent is so brain-dead that he will let a british boom for 12 min he diserves to lose, and yeah, this will only work in a 15 min NR game, the main question is how to defend? i think thats what your strat shud adress
posted 04-19-06 02:46 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
1, mercant in age4... that means you already used about 6 or so shipments? generally by then mercant dont worth while. but if it works for you then it works for you.

2, definitely go for 5 longbows + 2 pikes. 400 wood+1boats is far inferior to this one. mainly because people will raid or attck full on in age3.

3, i would send fort as first age3 shipment, make some goons with ecess resources, then 1000 gold.

posted 04-19-06 03:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
with all due respect, you guys are COMPLETELY interpreting this out of context.

this strat is just a general application for your game, and it's a pure boom description. obviously no one will allow you to do this risk free; i'm saying that following the strat word for word will get you into IV by 12 min, etc.

i said i was open to suggestions, but so far most of you have just pointed out how prone this is to an attack. that doesn't help. i called this a strat; but idea is more accurate. Destiny_Devil, thanks for one of the few constructive posts. I'll add it in with attribution. Ultimitsu, i'll incorperate the adventurer politician.

"and anyway,even if the strat is dumb, why send 1000 wood for a tc? estates is better than a tc because it can train 20 vills at a time, and why not send 1600 wood if your in age 4 and you dotn want estates!?!? "

1000 wood was a suggestion. and brits don't get age 4 resource crates. besides, i mentioned estates two times.

i posted this so you guys would think of the viability of FI mercantilism. it doesn't mean that you follow it word for word. neither did i say it's the pwnall of 1v1. offer advice instead of lame posts of how infeasible it is.

edit:
"I look forward to seeing the aggressive one "

i think it's the better of the two, but i wanted to see mercantilism used again somehow since no one talks about it anymore.

[This message has been edited by OpenAmp (edited 04-19-2006 @ 03:43 PM).]

posted 04-19-06 03:56 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
You might want to add the 3 rockets card as a must have. The biggest reason to hit industrial is for the heavy artillery (imo). Yes, the factories do produce them, but considering you're going FI, you'll want those rockets out pronto.

I remember watching a rec. of Pressure doing a British FI, which worked pretty well. He used walls, with his houses built behind the walls for extra padding. It was also on New England, which made a big difference.

posted 04-19-06 05:07 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
^ very true. i have it in my FI, but i forgot to put it in the strat. thanks
posted 04-19-06 06:25 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
I tried this today got beat in the end mass, mass longbows vs mass lancers is never a pretty story xD
posted 04-19-06 06:51 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
12 mins sucks. I was trying a FI industrial the other day to see how itd work in a team game. I was hiting industrial at low elevens, maybe even breaking it once. 12 mins should be viable with like 10 longbows and 2 cannons and a whole lot more.

[This message has been edited by Geimaj (edited 04-19-2006 @ 06:52 PM).]

posted 04-19-06 07:01 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
I can get there at about 12 - 14 minutes with 8 black watch and 2 falcs in addition to 10 longbow or a decent manor boom.
posted 04-19-06 09:43 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
"I tried this today got beat in the end mass, mass longbows vs mass lancers is never a pretty story xD"

aw man! XD this is where rockets come in, and cav- both anti lancer.

"12 mins sucks"

no it doesn't. it's not the fastest but it doesn't suck. and if you'll notice i said 11:20-12:00. i left a sizable margain because things will change like treasures, resource placement, and other stuff.

edit: used this strat earlier in a 2v2 texas. PWNAGE. it was me and flammifer against kingsteve and stonewall. i had the largest score by a huge amount the whole game, and my econ was thriving. i spammed like 15 rockets and had guard longbowmen for the rest of my population. church techs researched too. WANNA KNOW SOMETHING ELSE?

that's right, I wasn't attacked. not even once. not the tiniest bit of opposition. i got pike swarmed on my factories like two minutes left in the game cause they were getting fed up with my imp rocket spamming. lol. i saw a bunch of troops chillin in their bases and knew full well it was a turtle. i boomed since i was given the chance. even king and stone admit they...

SHOULDN'T LET THE BRITISH BOOM! lol

[This message has been edited by OpenAmp (edited 04-19-2006 @ 09:59 PM).]

posted 04-19-06 11:13 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
i remember amp pulling this on me and stonewall today, it was pretty good too.
the only thing was, we didnt attack him at all.
we were too worried his partner would do too good (flammifer) and we attacked him the whole time.
all of the sudden, amp has like 20 rockets and 50 longobows tearing apart my base.

so...this strat is defintily good if you KNOW FOR SURE 100% you wont be attacked.
which is unlikely unless you are stupid like me and stonewall

as said before,
DONT LET THE BRITISH BOOM

EDIT: i see amp already mentioned this game

[This message has been edited by KingSteve3721 (edited 04-19-2006 @ 11:14 PM).]

posted 04-20-06 06:15 AM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
I had the 2nd lowest score in my 2 vs 2 I made sure my port ally boomed to his full extend therefore he has the highest score the other brit who remembered to boom had the second, then me, then the crazy spanish guy who mass imperial tercio and garristochas xD. We could of win if I've had helped my ally I thought mass musks cassadore and organ gun would of beat mass pike and lancer somehow it ended up backwards, and I got double teamed. btw I did have rockets but due to the lancers killing my villies I had to set my factories on wood and food to keep up lbow production (should of made pikes aswell really (couldn't support musk production) ah well.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » The British Fast Industrial with Mercantilism!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames