Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: F.u.n (1.06)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 05-06-06 10:31 AM EDT (US)   
French rUsh of Natives

Introduction

French is quite weak in 1.06, but i think they still have a trick or two in their sleave, althought native rush is nerfed, it is not all bad. Native American Treatynow give 600 res worth of troops from each different tribe, which means on the right map it gives you 1200 res worth of troops, quite a lot for age2 at 5:30. on top of that natives dont use your houses and they are generally better than the units that you build from barrac - all nextive light infantry gets 2 x bonus against heavy infantry and all native bowman type units have same ROF as british longbow - 1.5.

there are a few maps you can do it, its just its condition is a lot tougher now. so dont think of this as a special power stratagy, its just a bit of fun for a change.

Build Order:

Game starts, put 2 Cdb on different food crate and 3 on hunting. select TC mach "V". set TC waypoint to hunting.

as soon as all food crates are finished, move both Cdb to hunting, leave all other crates alone

explorer on XP hunt, scout on sheep/lama/cow finding.

make exactly 4 CdB, then ship 3 more, leave it at that.

once explorer hunted 1 XP treasure, hunt for food.

you will experience some TC idle time, thats OK, just do you best to minimise it, eat herdable early etc.

Age at 800 food with 400 wood, this should be 2:10~2:30.

now put 7 on wood and 1 collect wood crates, build a houses. rest stay on food and queue Cdb, if you started with 200 wood, then chop 50 and have explorer start building a TP first, then build the house, this way you get both TPs up faster.

when you have close to 250 wood, move explorer to a native settlement, once u hit 250 wood, he builds a TP.

you should have second shipment ready by now, ship Native American Treaty.

time now should be 5:30~ish. attack.

next shipment is 4 Cdb, next can be native warrior +10% card or res cards.

basically you want to keep thw right split of Cdb so that you can keep constant Cdb production and keep getting right res for your chosen natives.

End of build order

French Specialty

What makes french better than others in this rush??

Not a lot! but there is still some advantages.

- French is the only civ that can get away with 15 vils (12 Cdb)in age1 and still not having to build a house. this saves about 50 VS, which is 40 food.

- French is one of the only 2 civ with a scout, scout is very powerful in finding right treasure and herdables.

- French can upgrade native warrior with a card in age2, its really not significant because before you send it you will most likely to send all res card and possibl troop cards as well.

- As battle drags on in age2, French will end up with better Eco slowly, due to Cdb being a better deal than vils.

Conditions

Recommanded maps:

Pampas - incu + tupi
Yocanta - maya + aztec(if you can build the second TP)
Sonora - maya + aztec (really OP)
Sanguney - cree + nootka

Recommanded start:

200 wood, 300 food.

closing comment

I feel that although Carolina and Bayou have two natives, both being light infantry, they lack a bit on seige and anti-cavalry, you have to invest in bowman's seige with 200 food and 200 gold. possibly best option would be invest in a barrack and make pikeman, then it increases the cost of the whole excersice making it not worthwhile.

Edit:

for some reason I have been under the illusion of if you didnt have second TP up then you dont get troops from that settlement. this was incorrect. I removed all stuff related to how to get 2 TP up by NAT arrive, since it is not that important anymore.

however in any case,from a faster = better rush point of view, it is still better to have more troops ealier.

[This message has been edited by ultimitsu (edited 05-06-2006 @ 09:10 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-06-06 10:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
This is cool... ill try it out..

I hope it will reignite my passion for the french civ...

posted 05-06-06 11:19 AM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
This is a bad strat.

First off, know hwo your own strat works. Native treaties gives you your units regardless of when its built, sos hip it asap and you will get some units an then after your new tp is build you will get more, dontr send 3 cdb forward, have explroer get both (unless sonora), if you only get 1 dont get treaties ship in like 8 cbows and you will have a pwning army.

Your on your way to making a good one, but your far from it in being efficient and such.

"Dutch are OP!"
"Iriquois are OP!"
"Stophon is OP!"

tEk Clan #1 US Clan
posted 05-06-06 11:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
i sometimes do a variation of this strat but i normally find that people antipicate/defend it really well when they see the native post thingy next to my score. I think i may just be going too late with the attack.

"make exactly 4 CdB, then ship 3 more, leave it at that."

when r u sending the vil card to be able to do this without house? if i can attack a little sooner, and not have to build a house in discovery, that would probably make my rush a little more successful

Edit: nm i guess you just have to send it when you have nine vils, forgot they start with five instead of six

[This message has been edited by TPoW (edited 05-06-2006 @ 11:35 AM).]

posted 05-06-06 12:19 PM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
I like it. I used to love french, but i'd never rush with them.

Lamer: FF.
Me: Why?
Lamer: Cause you'll be in 1 age ahead of the other guys and have a better eco, plus you can turtle and since its on your TC + couple of towers you can't go wrong.
Me: Uh, we're on the G Plains, how the heck am I gonna turtle?
posted 05-06-06 12:20 PM EDT (US)     5 / 30  
How many units does the Native Ally Card ships? Does it variate or its based in the native cost? And when the tribe has more than 1 unit?

Anway, this strat can be kind of predictable, due to the fact you have Native Allies. But I think it can be really effective with some work

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 05-06-06 02:11 PM EDT (US)     6 / 30  

Quote:

what you want to achieve is to have NA arrive just before second tribe TP being buit, too late is wasting time, too early you wont get troops for this tribe.

This is incorrect. You get the native reinforcements regardless of when you place the trade post.

Also, I never understood why French were considered good native rushers. They don't get extra wood at the start nor age up super quickly like the best native rushers, the Ottomans. They don't get trade post control like the Spanish with their war dogs.
The mere fact that French have to chop wood to even build trade posts, much less the troops, shows that they aren't any better than the other civs. And certainly alot worse than Spanish and Ottoman.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 05-06-06 03:10 PM EDT (US)     7 / 30  

Quote:

what you want to achieve is to have NA arrive just before second tribe TP being buit, too late is wasting time, too early you wont get troops for this tribe.

I think what he means is ship the native allies while the TP is bieng built so it arrives JUST after you finish the second post. if you send it too early you wont get the troops cause the TP isnt built yet too late and the rush might be prepared for

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
posted 05-06-06 04:51 PM EDT (US)     8 / 30  

Quote:

Also, I never understood why French were considered good native rushers. They don't get extra wood at the start nor age up super quickly like the best native rushers, the Ottomans. They don't get trade post control like the Spanish with their war dogs.
The mere fact that French have to chop wood to even build trade posts, much less the troops, shows that they aren't any better than the other civs. And certainly alot worse than Spanish and Ottoman.

They WERE. But then ES nerfed them cause they were OP...

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 05-06-06 05:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
It was sad how the day after i get ATP for my french was the day they nerfed them... :'(
posted 05-06-06 05:07 PM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
The card is called 'Native American Treaties' (NAT).

France isn't particularly good at Native rushing anymore. Even Portugal can do it better (or at least faster).

posted 05-06-06 05:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 30  

Quote:

They WERE. But then ES nerfed them cause they were OP...

And I'm saying the never were good at Native Rushing. It just became this myth, somehow. Just like at the time people used to think Ottomans were useless for anything but rushing, and that FF was "too risky". People used to say alot of stupid and shortsighted crap in the first couple of months after the game's release.

ES did not do anything to specifically nerf the French native rush. They nerfed native treaties for everyone. Just what, in your opinion, made French such good native rushers before a CdB was taken away from them?

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
posted 05-06-06 05:37 PM EDT (US)     12 / 30  
They were faster?
posted 05-06-06 05:46 PM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
That CDB that got taken away hurt French a lot.
posted 05-06-06 05:49 PM EDT (US)     14 / 30  
I'm asking what made French with 6 CdBs better than Ottomans with their starting wood and extremely quick age up or Spanish with their trade post control, fast age up and ability to get wood treasure easily?

They had nothing special in regards to natives. That they made good native rushers was a popular but incorrect myth.

posted 05-06-06 07:25 PM EDT (US)     15 / 30  
Special techs for Natives. I get Natives whenever possible with French, but rushing is only possible with a few native tribes (Seminoles, Maya, Nootka), and with them it's possible for every civ.

But yeah, Ottmans and Spain are better native rushers.

posted 05-06-06 08:05 PM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
just a player

NAT gives you 600 res worth of troop from each tride. 2 different tribes that is 1200 worth of troops:

6 Seminole bowman
6 nootka clubman
5 cherokee rileman
6 mayan spearman
etc

tribes with 2 different units gets split of the 600 res worth.

but no dog soldiers for lotoka anymore.

for Seminole and cherokee NAT actually got boosted, before it was 4 bowman and 4 rifleman, now it is 6+5

========

ok, i stand corrected, i always thought unless you build second TP before NAT arrives you dont get these troops.

[This message has been edited by ultimitsu (edited 05-06-2006 @ 09:02 PM).]

posted 05-06-06 08:31 PM EDT (US)     17 / 30  
No you dont.

Build 1 tp, shi pcard, then build another, the minute the second is build you get units even if the card has aready come in.

I havenan idea, we test it, loser leaves HG for good? jk

"Dutch are OP!"
"Iriquois are OP!"
"Stophon is OP!"

tEk Clan #1 US Clan

[This message has been edited by Stophon4 (edited 05-06-2006 @ 08:32 PM).]

posted 05-06-06 09:12 PM EDT (US)     18 / 30  

Quote:

Special techs for Natives

The +15% HP & Attack for natives card (FORTRESS).
The +10% HP & Attack for natives (TEAM) card (Colonial).
The +10% HP for Natives, CdB and Skirmishers card (Colonial).

These don't exactly help with a Native rush. Only with usage of natives later on in the game.

Not that I'd ever want to waste a valuable shipment on a "unique" card that boosts native attack by 1 - 2 points and HP by 10-15 points.

[This message has been edited by Ender_Ward (edited 05-06-2006 @ 09:17 PM).]

posted 05-06-06 09:30 PM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
imo french should ~200 res worh of natives of each alied tribe from these card, like 1/3 of NAT, its effect would be minute in later game and it would help french in native rush in age2 and yet still be within reasonable standard.
posted 05-06-06 11:23 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30  
Ports are better at native rushing imo. The french are good at native booming with thier good cards. My fav native strat with french is an aztec chocolate coin fi turtle. Garland warriors pwn .

If all things are relative then cannibalism is just a matter of taste...
My AoE3 Stats

[This message has been edited by Yobbo (edited 05-06-2006 @ 11:51 PM).]

posted 05-07-06 03:04 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30  

Quote:

Ports are better at native rushing imo.

Quote:

And certainly alot worse than Spanish

I wonder why you guys think of this, can you explain it a bit?

port's only advantage is 0.75 more starting vil and saving 100 wood on second house. but french can not build first house in age1 at all, and with 8.75 vil card it definitely gets stronger eco than port in first 7~9 minutes.

spanish's only advantage is 3 vils come in a bit faster and the dog can protect TP. yet its overall eco in early game is not really better and the dog cant protect every TP on maos with 3~4 TPs (bayou, carolina, sagaunay).

one side point, i find tupi blackwood archers are very powerful, at similar price of a longbow, it does 19 dmg with 1.5 ROF AND 2 x bonus on heavy infantry, that is astonishingly high 76 dmg per 3 sec, range is pretty good at 18, possibly the most powerful unit in age2.

posted 05-07-06 03:36 PM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
I don't consider Portuguese any better than other civs at Native Rushing.

As for Spanish, now that they've been nerfed to 6 starting villagers, they're only abit better than other civs at native rushing, mostly due to easier time gettin wood treasures in discovery and their ability to control trade posts when you have one very powerful native on a map (think Sonora).

See, French saving 100 wood by not building a house in discovery, is already eclipsed by Spanish being able to get one or more wood treasure. And if they don't get wood treasure, they can get other resource/villager treasures and chop wood.

But ofcourse no civ compares with the Ottomans for native rushing. Even if you only start with 400 wood, building an early Trade Post and house leaves you with 50 wood, but shipments will come so much faster than for anyone else (aside from Spain). And you're stil 50 wood ahead. Then you get 400 wood age up, chop 50 wood more and you got two Trade posts.
700 wood shipped in and you can pump natives from two Trade Posts with about 4-5 vills continuing to chop wood.

Quote:

one side point, i find tupi blackwood archers are very powerful, at similar price of a longbow, it does 19 dmg with 1.5 ROF AND 2 x bonus on heavy infantry, that is astonishingly high 76 dmg per 3 sec, range is pretty good at 18, possibly the most powerful unit in age2.

Not more powerful than Abus Guns, which do their 40 damage against every unit type (except Cavalry) and ignore ranged resistance. The Blackwood Archers also have much less HP and resistance.

posted 05-07-06 04:22 PM EDT (US)     23 / 30  
yeah i know ottoman is the best at any rushing, mostly due to the wood etc.

but while spanish can get treasure faster, french can find right treasure faster with scout uncovering maps faster than spanish dog, and scout can also help in beating guardians. and scout's ability of getting herdables is only equalled by evony.

Quote:

Not more powerful than Abus Guns, which do their 40 damage against every unit type (except Cavalry) and ignore ranged resistance. The Blackwood Archers also have much less HP and resistance.

abus is quite a broken unit but never the less:

250w TP gives 15(?) blackwood.
300w found + 300w house gives 15 abus.
building requirement cost, black wood wins by huge margin.

50w 50f for blackwood
100g 50f for abus
make cost, blackwood wins by OK margin.

against heavy infantry in ranged/hand
blackwood 76dmg/ 32dmg -resistance
abus 40 dmg / 10 dmg -resisatnce
black wood wins by huge margin, especially if forced into melee.

against light infantry
black wood 38 dmg - resisatnce
abus 40 dmg
abus wins with OK margin.

against cavalry in ranged/melee
black wood 34 (all age2 cavalry has 10% resistance)/ 32
abus 20 dmg / 10
black wood wins with huge margin especially in forced into melee, again

taking ranged/hand damage
black wood 89 / 80 hp
abus 260 / 130hp
abus wins with huge/OK margin.

seems like black wood wins in every scenarios except against light infantry, which it still keep up well.

against heavy cavalry it is uncertain because although black wood do has less hp, but it does way more damage, and you wouldnt be just sending them alone without heavy infantry support, on pampas where you also get inca spearman, he has the best anti-cavalry damage in all age2 units except dopp.

[This message has been edited by ultimitsu (edited 05-07-2006 @ 04:26 PM).]

posted 05-07-06 04:32 PM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
Ottoman native rush>Spanish native rush>French Native Rush

Unless the Spaniard takes tp control with dogs and stops the Otto getting any natives.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
posted 05-08-06 08:59 AM EDT (US)     25 / 30  

Quoted from Stophon4:

Native treaties gives you your units regardless of when its built, sos hip it asap and you will get some units an then after your new tp is build you will get more,

After all this time and I had no idea it worked that way!

Abus Guns and Grenadiers ARE NOT ARTILLERY!
MNBob's AOE Page
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » F.u.n (1.06)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames