Please login or register

Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 2v2 Abus Gun Rush
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03-09-09 08:05 PM EDT (US)   
I didn't get much feedback on this BO when I first posted it so I thought I'd re-do it. Tell me what you guys think. This is for Vanilla btw.

Abus Gun BO
This is just a BO for the Ottomans to be used in team games, where u can have your abus protected by muskets, rods, or pike.

Civs that this works best with:

• Spanish, they have 8 pike and 7 rodelero shipments which make them a good choice. A good general guide for this is the Spanish Anticav Smash

• French, can go double rax musket or double rax pike with a good eco.

• Dutch have a good pike rush which can hit early and seige enemy barracks.

• British can work if he doesn't manor boom much and gets muskets out fast.

One thing, I wouldn't recommend another Otto because Janissaries have a lower multiplier versus cav, train slower than regular musk or pike, and you will be competing for TP's. Anyways, onto to the BO.

Discovery:
    Villagers should be gathering crates. Build a house. Send your explorer to build a TP asap. Your priorities for treasures should be: wood, gold, food, xp.
    After that do the usual routine of hunting animals and aging up.

First Shipment:
    3 Villagers

Advance with the 400 wood politician.
    Now, if you started with the 100 gold crate send the shipment of the 3 villies to wood and set the TC gathering point on wood as well.
    If you didn't start with 100 gold then send the 3 villies to gold and once you gather 100 gold switch them to wood.

This is so u don't get housed when you age up, and can research stage coach.

Send 3 villagers from food to your FB collecting wood when they get there. You should have 6 villagers on food.

Colonial:
    After you age up and collect the 400 wood and move all villagers that were on wood, at your TC, to gold. Research stage coach and set it on whatever resource you need.

Second Shipment:
    700 gold

Build your Artillery Foundry and queque one Abus Gun.

Build some houses.

Your 700 gold should arrive before your first Abus comes out. Train more abus. After that keep building houses and training Abus.

These are the shipments I send after 700 gold.

600 gold
    Silk Road
    4 Villagers
    700 wood (for TP's, Market, Mosque, Houses, etc.) OR 700 food (to age to fortress, or grenadiers)
    *If not in Fortress*
    Engineering School
    Artillery Attack
    Light Artillery Hitpoints
    TEAM Artilley Hitpoints
    *If in fortress*
    5 Spahi
    5 Mamelukes
    1000 Gold (For falcs. Also, if you sent Silk Road before, then its actualy 1300)
    Also, micro your troops.
    Example: Dont focus the fire of all of your Abus on a single strelet.

I usually divide my Abus into 4's. Use control groups.

Will add some recorded games soon.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret

[This message has been edited by Droideka_11 (edited 03-10-2009 @ 05:15 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 03-09-09 08:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 33  
    Interesting that this came in around the exact time that my cousin started playing again. Very helpful.

What's the optimal second teammate for this? I assume that it's Spain because you mentioned Rods, but could any other civs work well?

[This message has been edited by DuolcKrad (edited 03-09-2009 @ 08:54 PM).]

posted 03-09-09 09:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 33  
    What's the optimal second teammate for this? I assume that it's Spain because you mentioned Rods, but could any other civs work well?
    These are some good partner civs:

• Spanish have 8 pike and 7 rodelero shipments which make them a good choice.

• French can go double rax musket or double rax pike.

• Dutch have a good pike rush which can hit early and seige enemy barracks.

• British can work if he doesn't manor boom much and gets muskets out fast.

I wouldn't recommend another Otto because Janissaries have a lower multiplier versus cav, train slower than regular musk or pike, and you will be competing for TP's.

Edit: Will edit this into the original post

[This message has been edited by Droideka_11 (edited 03-09-2009 @ 09:24 PM).]

• posted 03-09-09 09:39 PM EDT (US)     3 / 33  
    Good write up bud, this wouldn't be as good for tad since they nerfed the damn abus , but a great vanilla civ if your teammate helps you out, so I assume play with a friend, and talk to them before the game so they know whats going on, and they will protect you.
    posted 03-09-09 09:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 33  
    2v2 Abus Gun Rush
    hmm... i wonder who 2 vs 2'd with you :P

Very effective(from personal experience) since we have a 3-0 record with this against fairly decent opponents.
    IMO spain is one of the best since they have pikes/rods/muskets for anticav (pikes/rods are more effective though IMO). Additionally wardogs really rock so team up on some OP treasures (ex: CdB/villager treasure/135 wood/etc...)
    Also spain is relatively fast so they can get the shipped 7 rods(or 8 pikes) + 5 local rods(or pikes) about the time the otto has 5 abus with 5 more almost done, therefore they can attack together very quickly.

QUACK
    posted 03-09-09 09:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 33  
    so I assume play with a friend, and talk to them before the game so they know whats going on, and they will protect you.
    You don't really need that much preparation. Just tell your team mate to go pike or musket, and protect your abus

posted 03-09-09 09:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 33  
    hmm... i wonder who 2 vs 2'd with you :P

Very effective(from personal experience) since we have a 3-0 record with this against fairly decent opponents.
    Maybe we can get some recorded games

posted 03-10-09 00:00 AM EDT (US)     7 / 33  
    ya we should some time (forgot to record yesterday )
    also i'll be posting the spanish BO for this when i have time.

QUACK
    posted 03-10-09 01:21 AM EDT (US)     8 / 33  
    I'll also be posting a pike rush I've been working on.

posted 03-10-09 01:32 AM EDT (US)     9 / 33  
    ^^ i give you permission to use my pike rush devised in my ~lance corporal days to help you out with your strat.../sarcasm

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,35879,0,all

QUACK
    posted 03-10-09 01:48 AM EDT (US)     10 / 33  
    Me and retribution would own this no doubt.

some noob: Still - You need to use correct punctuation and grammar if it's going to be excepted.
    posted 03-10-09 01:51 AM EDT (US)     11 / 33  
    Good luck. Abus in TEAM games are so lame...
    posted 03-10-09 01:51 AM EDT (US)     12 / 33  
    Me and retribution would own this no doubt.
    Really? Lets play a game then.

posted 03-10-09 01:54 AM EDT (US)     13 / 33  
    Make sure you record it!
    posted 03-10-09 02:25 AM EDT (US)     14 / 33  
    Good luck. Abus in TEAM games are so lame...
    well they can go abus back :P (or russia tends to do relatively well vs this due to the cost effective strelets)

@jonesk, i would be happy to do a 2 vs 2, just message me in-game some time.

QUACK

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 03-10-2009 @ 02:32 AM).]

posted 03-10-09 03:39 AM EDT (US)     15 / 33  
    I would appreciate it if you could post a link to a recorded game.
    posted 03-10-09 05:15 AM EDT (US)     16 / 33  
    you need a good partner for this strat, since you are very vulnerable with your abus.

Maybe i have missed it but when do you build your second tp? because i dont think you research stagecoach for one tp.

And if you are upgrading your tp's why dont you send silk road earlier?, you could send it right after your 700 gold for your first batch of abus. It is a team card, so your teammate will profit from it also.

Just some of my thoughts, i am not a star in team games, so i might be wrong . It looks very decent

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
    ESO:Bart331
    posted 03-10-09 07:17 AM EDT (US)     17 / 33  
    new suggestion: play otto/sioux. abu gun/bow rider combo is probably the lamest thing I ever saw in a 2v2 But as you are sending silk road I guess this is for Vanilla.

Nice write up though. It hasn't changed to TAD. sometimes you need 700 wood right after 600 gold, because you need houses and your partner is doing a poor job in protecting you abus, so you need a rax.
    posted 03-10-09 10:13 AM EDT (US)     18 / 33  
    Maybe i have missed it but when do you build your second tp? because i dont think you research stagecoach for one tp.
    Yes you do. Set the TP on wood and build a second TP with that.
    And if you are upgrading your tp's why dont you send silk road earlier?, you could send it right after your 700 gold for your first batch of abus. It is a team card, so your teammate will profit from it also.
    The thing is if you send Silk Road any earlier you won't be a able to keep constant abus production. You can send it after 700 gold and get a nice boom going if you don't think your opponents are going attack anytime soon.

It all depends on who you are playing as well. If you're playing 2 Russians then you're probably gona want more abus. If you're playing 2 Brits then it will probably be ok to send Silk Road earlier since its likely they'll manor boom and delay their rush.

Kind of a gamble but if you want to take it you can. All you get is 600=780 and more resources at your TP earlier.
    sometimes you need 700 wood right after 600 gold, because you need houses and your partner is doing a poor job in protecting you abus, so you need a rax.
    Well, your parters sole job is to protect your abus so if you need to make jans to protect your abus, then you need a new partner

Besides, jans aren't excactly great at killing cavalry quickly.

[This message has been edited by Droideka_11 (edited 03-10-2009 @ 10:19 AM).]

posted 03-10-09 03:58 PM EDT (US)     19 / 33  
    Dealing with LOTS of experience with abus (both against and for), I would say that the only way to defeat it is to either out tech them before they strike, or strike so early that the opponent can never get out more than 5 abus. Thats how I've defeated it with a friend in the past.

Also, in TAD, the abus combo is much weaker and falls to strelets easily.

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
    [Judgε][Epic Thread]
    My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
    "with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
    posted 03-10-09 04:54 PM EDT (US)     20 / 33  
    Not many people send 4 settlers, because if the game goes on, you will have to build a mosque earlier to get the upgrade for more than 25 settlers. Although it will benefit your economy, sometimes its not worth it and you should send resource crates to fuel your military

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
    Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
    BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games
    posted 03-10-09 05:11 PM EDT (US)     21 / 33  
    Not many people send 4 settlers, because if the game goes on, you will have to build a mosque earlier to get the upgrade for more than 25 settlers. Although it will benefit your economy, sometimes its not worth it and you should send resource crates to fuel your military
    Hmmm yeah you have a point. I'll put Silk Road above 4 Villagers.

Makes more sense since with the resource from the TP you can put it on wood get a mosque and get the upgrade for more than 25 settlers.

posted 03-10-09 05:24 PM EDT (US)     22 / 33  
    The exact card order doesn't really matter anyway since the situation will be too different around the time that 600 gold comes in to have a perfectly accurate card order.

Also, what's your opinion on Advanced Arsenal? I have it in every vanilla deck I've made so far (quite a few) and love using it when resources permit. Abus can benefit a lot from it if you get extra resources. There's Military Drummers, which, for LI, is scary. There's also Counter Infantry Rifling, which adds a minimum of 40 damage against HI.
    posted 03-10-09 05:38 PM EDT (US)     23 / 33  
    I have adv arsenal in almost all my deck. Sadly i just dont like sending it, i have this conception of the upgrades costing a forture lol

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
    Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
    BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games
    posted 03-10-09 05:45 PM EDT (US)     24 / 33  
    The same thing happens with me. I love the card so much that I make it a priority to put it in my decks, but I never send it.
    posted 03-10-09 05:55 PM EDT (US)     25 / 33  
    The same thing happens with me. I love the card so much that I make it a priority to put it in my decks, but I never send it.
    I used to have it in my deck but I almost never send it. If you plan on staying in Colonial for a while then I guess its worth it.

You can just as easily send many of the other upgrades that Ottos have for artillery though.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » 2v2 Abus Gun Rush
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames