Please login or register

Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Legend of Lost Earth
posted 02-13-06 09:40 AM EDT (US)   

GAMEPLAY IDEOLOGY

• Legend of Lost Earth lets you play as one of six very unique civilisations from six lost cities: Atlantis, Lemuria, Amazons, El Dorado, Camelot and Thule
  • Play a campaign as one of the lost cities, and conquer Lost Earth, one region at a time.
  • Please the Patron God of your civilisation by winning battles or perhaps reaching the most advanced age, and be rewarded with resources and units.
  • Create your own hero to lead your civilisation to victory. Unlock weapons and magic skills over time to create a one-man army.
  • Play in an all new Free Diplomacy mode, with four levels of alliance and tributes required to attain these.
  • The four main types of units are infantry, cavalry, archers, magic and siege. No unit is particularly good against another (unless stated in unit description or if the unit is a hard counter unit like anti-infantry).
  • NB: This game is all about fun with just a slight hint of legends. I know I didn't get everything accurate. I know Lemuria is a continent, not a city. Remember that this design is 99% fun with 1% legendary base.

RESOURCES

• Food
    -Food is essential to produce any unit. It can be hunted from local animals, fishing from water, gathered from Chinampas (El Dorado only), Farms (Camelot and Amazons only), Fisheries (Lemuria only), or Erebus Stores (Thule only).
  • Wood
    -Wood is required to build most buildings and some units. It can only be gathered from trees or Erebus Stores (Thule only).
  • Metal
    -Metal is used for most technologies, buildings and military units. It can be gathered by constructing a Mine on any plot of land. Some land is richer in metals than others, so positioning of the mine affects gathering efficiency.
  • Gold (El Dorado only)
    -King Midas can turn any unit to gold at a Temple of Dionysus. Gold is used for all the buildings of El Dorado. Gold can be generated from the Golden Throne. Any Metal or Wood can also be converted to 0.5 units of Gold there.
  • Energy (Atlantis only)
    -All Atlantean buildings and units require energy. This can be supplied by building Generators at any position in the city.

CIVILISATIONS/UNITS/BUILDINGS

Civilisation Traits

• Atlantis - Designed to be a mainly booming civilisation, the Altantean civilisation has more technologies to research than the others. The Second Era military units are quite small; the wasps and hornets about three feet tall, while the caterpillar is about four feet tall and eight feet long.
  • Lemuria - The powerful dragons available in the Second Era are very expensive to the player in the early game, therefore making dragon armies limited to approximately twelve. The real Dragon, available in the Third Era is one of the strongest units in the game. Lemuria is a balanced civilisation, able to boom, rush or turtle rather efficiently.
  • Amazons
  • El Dorado
  • Camelot
  • Thule

The people of Atlantis have long worshipped Posiedon and asked for his forgiveness. Perhaps he obliged, for the city of Atlantis has once again surfaced upon the sea. These people have grown wise and humble over time, but they still hold wondrous technology.

Era of Revelation

Automaton
-Basic builder and resource gatherer.
Scout
-Fast Scout used to explore territory.
Robotic Centre
-Centre Building from which Automata can be created and Era upgrades researched. Provides 20 base population.
Populat
-Building used to increase base population by 15.
Teleporter
-Resource drop-off building
Generator
-Creates Energy for the city.
Stone Wall
-Light Defensive structure.

Era of Rising

Fishing Boat
-Water unit used to gather fish (food).
Warship
-Basic Water Unit.
Wasp
-Basic infantry unit
Hornet
-Basic anti-infantry unit
Caterpillar
-Basic cavalry unit
Hover Factory
-Produces Wasps and Hornets
Mobil Factory
-Produces Caterpillars and Juggernauts
Temple of Poseidon
-Contains temple upgrades. Also serves the purpose of producing water units.

Era of Prosperity

Cyborg
-Powerful infantry unit. Has archer mode as well.
Android
-Powerful anti-infantry unit. Has anti-archer mode as well.
Juggernaut
-Powerful siege weapon
AI Complex
-Produces Cyborgs and Androids

The naga of Lemuria have been the dominant power on Lost Earth for as long as anyone can remember. They are notorious for their exploitation of the native Lemurian dragons. Oceanus is the patron god of the Naga.

Era of Revelation

Geckoman
-Basic builder and resource gatherer.
Scout
- Fast Scout used to explore territory.
Naga Lair
-Centre Building from which Geckomen can be created and Era upgrades researched. Provides 20 base population.
Den
-Building used to increase base population by 10.
Drop-off
-Resource drop-off building
Fishery
-Food generating building.
Stone Wall
-Light Defensive structure.

Era of Rising

Drake
-Basic infantry unit
Wyvern
-Basic anti-infantry unit
Salamander
-Basic cavalry unit
Wyrm
-Basic anti-cavalry unit
Sea Snake
-Basic water unit. Can also gather fish (food).
Dragon Roost
-Produces Drakes, Wyverns and Dragons
Lizard's Burrow
-Produces Salamanders, Wyrms and Leviathans.

Era of Prosperity

Legendary Dragon
-Very Powerful infantry unit.
Leviathan
-Very Powerful siege unit.
Hydra
-Powerful water unit.
Temple of Oceanus
-Produces Leviathans and contains unit upgrades in addition to temple upgrades.

Sorry, it takes a while to copy up, so I'll be doing it in parts

★★★★★

[This message has been edited by Shala_LoL (edited 02-15-2006 @ 09:35 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-13-06 11:52 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
So... this is the big game - or at-least part of it... seems pretty cool. I wish I could create an impressive an article with all the images and stuff like you Mythos_ruler. Ah, well.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )This is bunny. Copy bunny into your siginature to help him on his way to world domination!
posted 02-13-06 01:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
It's simple but time consuming . Anyway, I should have Atlantis up tonight.

EDIT: Voila

★★★★★

[This message has been edited by Shala_LoL (edited 02-13-2006 @ 01:51 PM).]

posted 02-13-06 06:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
Cool! I personally would love to have a bunch of automatons, like I did in AOM.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 02-13-06 08:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
Hey man, I like the format of your design presentation. Simple. Elegant. Eye catching. Hope you don't mind if I edit my design presentation to resemble your format a bit. Personally sometimes I think my design presents way too much in-depth information.
posted 02-14-06 09:58 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
Check out Lemuria

EDIT: Sure Mythos, feel free to take any template ideas you like.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

★★★★★

[This message has been edited by Shala_LoL (edited 02-14-2006 @ 09:59 AM).]

posted 02-14-06 01:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
I suggest renaming "Era of Prosper" to "Era of Prosperity." It sounds more correct that way.
posted 02-14-06 07:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
This is different and cool, it's like a technology/ mythology thing.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 02-18-06 02:14 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
Sorry, I'll get back to updating this as soon as school pressure is on the low again.

★★★★★
posted 02-18-06 02:25 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
For an X-paxk idea, might I recommend Ur? The first city of the ancient Sumerians where the wheel was developed and sixy seconds in a minute and sicty minutes in an hour, plus other very important inventions, were made.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 02-18-06 04:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
posted 02-18-06 10:10 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
Thier god An's sacred number was sixty and set the seconds, which they counted using water drops at a certain angle, at sixty, in a minute at sixty.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 02-19-06 10:11 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
Wow nice. I'll check it out.

★★★★★
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum » Legend of Lost Earth
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames