Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The AOE3 Eye-Candy Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 19 20 21 22 23 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
posted 07-10-06 01:55 PM EDT (US)   

Logo designed by Swift Sampson

Welcome to the Eye-Candy Thread!

This is the place where you can show-off your skills with the editor. All submissions will be stored in the main thread for everyone to see. You can find the old AOE3 Eye-Candy Thread here. You can also view the best 10 screenies submitted from everyone here.

This thread contains eye-candy from 28 users
In total, there are 94 Screenies posted
Top screenshot poster is The Pac Mule with 10 entries
People with a * are connected to the Eye-Candy Guild

annihilator2000
Between the Mountains
Between the Mountains (morning)
Out of the fog

*benjammn311 of Lucky-Zion Studios
Just Bite the Bullet
Life
And the Rocket's Red Glare
The Arrival of General Gage

*Botolf
Screenie 1
Screenie 2
Perfect Night for a Revolution
The Somme

*CaveTown of LiquidFire Studios
Stories of Marshes and Chiefs

chicken101010
Screenie 1

Darth Aroman
Untitled

*GeneralBlack of DGDN
The Flooded Village
Nature Around the Waterfall
The Hunter's Convention
The Campers
What Happened Here?
Forest Lake

Grand Penguin
Screenshot1
Screenshot 2

*hiccuper
Untitled
Forbidden Cliffs
Red Square

irish_legend8
ambush
a new settlement

*Jap88
Untitled

kr1sse
Day at the Spanish colony in Jamaica
Spanish trading outpost in the spring
Spanish trading outpost at night
Dusk - Spanish trading outpost

Linuchadnezzar
Freddie the Awesome Ripper
The Naval Dock of New Newcastle
Downtown New Newcastle
The Naval Dock of New Newcastle

oliver
Screenie 1

*Olauwers of Imperial Creations
Big Stone Statues
Feast in the Palace
Let Me Out!
A Lick of Paint

*omicron1
Crooked Hands
Death

paul ty
Another Day of Fishing
4rth of juily
Daddy, the Mime's Back
Screenie 1
Screenie 2

Selim of DGDN
As The Lines Are Drawn
A Walk in the Woods

*Shaw DA MAN of Lucky-Zion Studios
Toward the summit
Haunted Forest day
Haunted forest night

Steel Cat
Comic-Book Crown
Time Train
Trebuchets, Sappers, Oh My
Space Battle

*Swift Sampson of LiquidFire Studios
Visitors
A Dangerous Path

Sziggiof LiquidFire Studios
Broad_Side_Attack
Whites_of_Their_Eyes
Where_the_Buffalo_Roam
Home_Again
Stary_Sky
Pentagoet
PortRoyal

*The Pac Mule
Average Day on 5th Street
Rainy Day at The Train Station
Spanish Gunpowder
The Gang's on the Loose
Winter Carnage
Open The Gate!
Spaniard Heroes
WARNING! Being Govenor May Significantly Shorten Lifespan.
Yet Another Countryside Skirmish
Move Into The Light
ROME

*Twoqtimes2 of LiquidFire Studios
Honey, I'm Home
Well, It's About Time!!
Indian River Village
The Estate
Farewell
Finally, We've Found Jack Sparrow
Early Morning Battle
Hidden Village
Storm Rolls in on Shanti Town
What Was That?

*WingCatcher
Arrival on a Foggy Island

Von Dutch
The Peaceful Storm

*YousAHo of LiquidFire Studios
Censored
Uncensored

ZELOBSTER
The Brothers Meet
The Cavalry Awaits
The Scouting Party Calls It A Day
A Prospering Farm

*Zeuslord5000
American Defense Post
Dutch Headquarters
The Dock of the Dutch

Co-Leader and Founder of the Eye-Candy Guild
Head of Research and Development for the AOE3 Editor
Designer's Mod Co-Creator
Official Story Writer of Wherever

Come join the Guild!

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 07-01-2007 @ 11:44 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-27-09 11:40 PM EDT (US)     501 / 851  
oh, well thats too bad then..
this is really what's keeping me interested in this game.
posted 02-28-09 00:06 AM EDT (US)     502 / 851  
you can join us scenario designers , but we are also dieing...

AGE OF EMPIRES 3 USERNAME - KevTheGreat :::: DAWN OF WAR 2 USERNAME - KEVTHEGREATEST :::: STEAM USERNAME - 何健龍
Some of my aoe3 scenarios here,
Most Popular: The Race 2 4.7/5.0 Global Wars 4.4/5.0 The Great Colosseum 4.6/5.0 Arab Desert 4V2 3.9/5.0 The Race 4.2/5 Fort of War 3.9/5.0
don't click this?
Follow me on Twitter
我知廣東話, 你知唔知廣東話?? 如果你知 contact me !!
posted 02-28-09 01:27 AM EDT (US)     503 / 851  
The TAD designer mod run with 1.01a at my comp dont know what u guys make false
posted 02-28-09 01:27 AM EDT (US)     504 / 851  
Basically everyone's dying...
*eye candy because many claim its too boring and that no contests are hosted anymore*
*scenario designing because of all those damn triggers*
*even modding has grinded to a near halt minus one or two*

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

Astor: “Churchill, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your coffee.”
Churchill: “Madam, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.”
posted 02-28-09 01:43 AM EDT (US)     505 / 851  
aoe3 is dieing, i haven't even been on that game for awhile because i've prety much gotten sick of aoe3 lmao, you either play sup, or wait for a long time for tr, and dm is impossible. The only scenarios ppl pretty much play are colosseum.

AGE OF EMPIRES 3 USERNAME - KevTheGreat :::: DAWN OF WAR 2 USERNAME - KEVTHEGREATEST :::: STEAM USERNAME - 何健龍
Most Popular: The Race 2 4.7/5.0 Global Wars 4.4/5.0 The Great Colosseum 4.6/5.0 Arab Desert 4V2 3.9/5.0 The Race 4.2/5 Fort of War 3.9/5.0
don't click this?
Follow me on Twitter
posted 02-28-09 12:31 PM EDT (US)     506 / 851  
Kev, the only scenario designing i could do is make a map with terrain lol, I'm not good with triggers! It would be fun though to do.
posted 02-28-09 12:58 PM EDT (US)     507 / 851  
well, you can enter it under sup map for ppl to play sup on, just add a defeat and victory trigger, i can teach you how it's simple

don't click this?
Follow me on Twitter
posted 02-28-09 01:38 PM EDT (US)     508 / 851  
Part of the problem is in order to make a really good scenario, you have to have your triggers interact with areas on the map that you've already made.

So the scenario designer has to be both proficient at mapmaking, and decent at writing triggers. Most are better at one or the other, but not both, so getting the part done that you aren't so good at, that's a slog.

I've been helping sawyer with eyecandy, but it takes time to change a scenario that's already got focal triggers and designated side objective areas. You have to work around those areas and constantly test to make sure you haven't cluttered up a camera track, overwritten a spawn area with impassable terrain, or erased a cin cube, even if you replace it you have to re-assign the trigger that targets it.

If you join a design team and divide up the labor, you have to wait for your teammates to do their part and re-test everything. You have to elicit and wait for feedback and group decision making. These things take time.

Sadly, people like Moshe or Mers who can whip up a genre-defining scenario all by their lonesome, that's pretty rare. Most of the rest of us are shambling along in their footsteps more or less.

Eyecandy takes it a step further, you have to have a good gfx card and decent processor to make your time worth while. I could spend hours on a spectacular imperial city, turn up my gfx to max, hit the screenie button, and still not be able to see terrain details and atmospheric fog at all.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 02-28-2009 @ 01:41 PM).]

posted 02-28-09 06:11 PM EDT (US)     509 / 851  
Any LOST fans?

[JPEG, (150.04 KB)]
[Image]

Here's what happened to the Dharma Initiative

[This message has been edited by Okra_Designs (edited 02-28-2009 @ 06:13 PM).]

posted 02-28-09 06:48 PM EDT (US)     510 / 851  
There's this wonderful little trick in eye candy called "Cropping". You might want to do that so it cuts off the parts that the skybox cannot cover.

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

posted 02-28-09 08:14 PM EDT (US)     511 / 851  
my comps rigged with no program to crop it
posted 03-01-09 00:34 AM EDT (US)     512 / 851  
eh hm, photobucket, end of story.

posted 03-01-09 01:40 AM EDT (US)     513 / 851  
....well I had never heard of that. I'll start using that now. afterwards of story.
posted 03-05-09 01:01 AM EDT (US)     514 / 851  
Okra made me feel chippy and alive in this god forsaken wasteland of eye candy, and so with that, I pump more water into the sand.

Schiltroms, Shot, and Swords:
[JPEG, (875.71 KB)]

Thin Red Line:
[JPEG, (860.18 KB)]
*sorry this one is boring looking but I've always wanted to do a pic with a large volley fire from musketmen.

To make up for that however, here is lots of smoke, unhealthy concessions, fat dudes, trucks, and the occasional flaming livestock.
Monster Truck Rally:
[JPEG, (657.64 KB)]

posted 03-05-09 10:56 PM EDT (US)     515 / 851  
Schiltroms, Shot, and Swords
I know you have the pikes, but isn't a schiltron literally a 'shield wall?'
Thin Red Line
Kinda boring. Still, nice idea.
Monster Truck Rally
... rotflmfao. All I can say.

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
posted 03-07-09 12:15 PM EDT (US)     516 / 851  
Hello,what i need if i want to start making eye candy i have all the expansions and reyks editor mod 2 xy that is for all the games (vanilla,twc and tad) and how to take screenshots when in cinematic mode i have vista computer.
posted 03-08-09 01:38 PM EDT (US)     517 / 851  
why don't you post some of your work? Then we can see what it is you got.

Also, a good graphics card (doesn't have to be top of the line) should help with textures and atmospheric effects. What do you have now?

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 03-11-09 06:40 PM EDT (US)     518 / 851  
Glad to get you going again Sushi,
I like the thin line one. I didn't think it was too boring.
And you beat me to the monster truck! I discovered it the other day in misc items and thought I had to make one.
posted 03-17-09 01:23 PM EDT (US)     519 / 851  
testing....Previews of:

THE PENINSULAR WARS
an adventure RPG set in Napoleonic Portugal and Spain

Beautiful Lisbon is the first major city players will see.

After Maréchal Soult falls back before the mounting British and Portuguese counterattack, players are finally able to capture the border stronghold Ciudad Rodrigo. This then becomes the floodgate of British operations in western Spain.

Players will engage French and collaborator garrisons in towns to the south. Capturing these towns and liberating freedom fighters and guerrilleros from the stockades will prove rewarding. Then they may find they need to cross las Marismas, a vast marshy arm of the Guadalquivir, teeming with shipwrecks, mercenaries, bandits, and spies.

From there, the heroes press on to Madrid, fighting several small skirmishes at Talavera de la Reina, Salamanca, and other surrounding towns. Finally, they must engage the French regency forces by both land and river, and drive Joseph Bonaparte from the city.

As the heroes may quickly learn, Spanish villagers are seldom neutral - either they fight with the guerrilleros, or they betray them. They may also show you a fast, but dangerous, shortcut through the mountains.

Many surprises await the allies as they wind their way through southeastern Spain and up the Mediterranean coast. Finally, after arduous climbing, fragile supply lines, and constant vigilance against informers, they pursue the French forces to a mountain village called Vitoria. The French army, led by Napoleon himself, has been waiting for them and is extremely well prepared to hold his ground.

COMING SOON: Preview Vistas of the Strait of Gibraltar, the cities of Seville, Cadiz, and Málaga; the secret objectives in Coimbra, La Coruña, León, and Burgos; and a naval action on the Bay of Biscay.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 04-26-2009 @ 10:58 AM).]

posted 03-22-09 07:10 PM EDT (US)     520 / 851  
Oh my god, Lisbon was so beautiful my eyes violently convulsed out of my sockets before melting to the floor. The Andes-texture cliffs give Iberia that tropical/deserty moor feel that compliments Madrid. I am definitely playing this the minute its done.

posted 04-01-09 09:11 PM EDT (US)     521 / 851  
Installment #2 in the PENINSULAR WARS previews.

Our tour of the south begins in the coastal seaport of Sagres, Portugal, on rugged Cape St. Vincent. Here Prince Henry the Navigator first built his famed navigation school (one of Ports' best cards IMO) and the lighthouse still stands.

VVV After slogging through the clammy bandit-infested expanse of the Marismas marshes, the combined forces of General de la Cuesta and Lord Wellington arrive in Seville, rising up from the shoals of the lower Guadalquivir. The famed Casa de Contratación sits on a fortified pier in the delta, and is connected to the old city by a covered bridge. The old town is dominated by the twin profiles of the ancient Moorish Alcázar and the Baroque chapel of Santa María de la Vitoria, where the parting prayers of many explorers were heard before embarking for the New World.

Southward they head to Cádiz, where a groundswell of new Spanish autonomous leadership has drafted a new Constitution and lends its support to Wellington and de la Cuesta in rolling back the French. The white-washed houses of the city shimmer under the sun. The marina and customs house sit on a rocky bank off shore. In Carthaginian times this bank was connected to the mainland. VVV

After leaving Cadiz with many reinforcements and outfitted with a new ship, de la Cuesta sends a party inland through Andalucia and continues with the rest of the army through the Strait of Gibraltar. Recently the French have been sighted again in the Strait, harassing shipping and pounding British Ceuta with mortar attacks. At the sight of de la Cuesta's and Wellington's ships, they retreat to Valencia. The freedom fighters pass through the magnificent Strait without incident, unaware of the eastern fleets. VVV

Far to the northeast, in the sleepy valley in the Pyrenees, massive and frantic fortification work is underway. Pamplona is effectively placed under martial law, and not a whisper of news comes from that quarter. Shepherds losing animals in the Ebro valley are encouraged to let lost sheep wander, and not search too far afield. VVV

Coming soon: Mysteries in the Mountains. An arduous climb. A secret underground passage, and a deadly trap.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 04-26-2009 @ 11:04 AM).]

posted 04-09-09 02:58 AM EDT (US)     522 / 851  
WoW! This is the best Eye-Candy I've ever seen!
I can't wait to play this scenario =)

I've tried to make Eye-Candy too:

Please could you tell me what I can make better?
posted 04-09-09 07:37 AM EDT (US)     523 / 851  
That's spectacular, way to go bignoob, is this your first? (I suspect not)

I especially like the cliff rocks and the use of caribean seafloor under the waterfall.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 04-09-09 09:14 AM EDT (US)     524 / 851  
Thanks =)
I usually make normal scenarios, not much Eye-Candy so you could say this is my first "good" Eye-Candy.
posted 04-09-09 11:58 AM EDT (US)     525 / 851  
This boy has some promise (and an infinitely superior gfx card)! Tip though, to rid the picture of that unsightly map, when you take a picture, go to File, Screenshot, then click off the two little boxes in the center to clear the editor UI from the screenshot before you hit the button.

I also recommend Reyk's Editor since it has several useful features (most notably the pitch editor) and the TWC Designer's Mod I (should you wish to sacrifice online play, thankfully you can easily uninstall and reinstall this mod).

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 19 20 21 22 23 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The AOE3 Eye-Candy Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames