You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A mod for AOEIIHD- Rise of History!
posted 10-20-15 11:06 AM CT (US)   
Hey everybody!

You may ask why I'm posting this here, at the Town's Crier.
Thing is, I don't know where post this, so I rather post it here:

What it is, is a mod for the AOE II HD version. That doesn't need the base game How? you may ask, well, sit here and read!

First of all, you maybe want to see this:

This all was work of the creators, Enkeli and Russell!

Civilizations
For now, Rise of History has the next civilizations(3.9):
*Doric League (Sparta)
*Jonic League (Athena)
*Persia
*Babylon
*Rome
(Sorry, my english is not good enough)
The important part

Ok, links are here. There are some bugs, here I'll post fix for the 3DMGAME.
First of all, you need the 3.8 version. Rembember when I told you don't need the base game? This is because Forgotten being patched every time, and the mod (for example) is on 3.6 and they release the patch 3.7, mod couldn't work.

Link removed for now - MH

Now, the patch, please do this because this will be needed on 3.9 3DMGAME bug fix:

Well, it is a lot. Now you would think that this surpasses the 257mb Dead_End require for the Blacksmith.

Now the 3.9 (Rooome included!) For this, you gonna need install it on the same place you installed 3.8 (again sorry if you don't understand)

If installed correctly, you gotta get a pdf of the info of 3.9 (At least Enkeli told me that) But you shouldn't start playing.
3DMGAME BUG FIX
*Go to where you installed Rise of history
*Search the 3DMGAME file
*Inside the file, search Username=Version 3.9
*Change "Version 3.9" and put your name
*Done

well, that's it. This is the last but not least. If you liked the mod and you could fix the bug above, donate here! Again sorry if I post it here, but I am new and I couldn't find the category for this

[This message has been edited by Major Helper (edited 10-20-2015 @ 02:43 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-20-15 11:10 AM CT (US)     1 / 11  
I think this goes in the modding forum. It looks pretty interesting, though!

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
posted 10-20-15 11:45 AM CT (US)     2 / 11  
If it's a seperate game, then it's pretty much in the right place. It looks pretty interesting, I'll have to give it a try some time.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 10-20-15 12:45 PM CT (US)     3 / 11  
I see you're using a few of my old Ancient Mod graphics, which is fine for mods, but if you're making a profit on it from Patreon I'd appreciate it if you found alternatives.
posted 10-20-15 12:46 PM CT (US)     4 / 11  
Hi, could you give us some more information about "does not require the base game"? We can't allow people to advertise pirated game versions here, so please elaborate.
posted 10-20-15 01:20 PM CT (US)     5 / 11  
Ok.
3rd reply: First, I didn't make the mod. Second, please show me your work, later you may want to go to RESPECTIVE MOD MAKER PAGE (EnkeliStudios btw) and see every Rome post, or other posts where he shows he did it. Again I didn't make the mod

4th reply: Mod has it's own desktop icon. If you checked it, at least that was what I played 3.8, you click the flag it will put normal AOEIIHD. Btw, my pc is broken, so I couldn't test this 3.9.
And its if you want to play Forgotten without replacing it
I think it is that way, if you have any problems, both of you can reply again.

[This message has been edited by Welsester (edited 10-20-2015 @ 01:27 PM).]

posted 10-20-15 01:45 PM CT (US)     6 / 11  
Enkeli? Isn't that the guy who got banned months ago for plagiarism?

"Seriously, if human stupidity could be used as a source of power wed already be a class-III civilization and our rockets wouldve reached Andromeda by now."
« Cliffs! (4.5) »

["The prequels were great. They had some unironic high moments, laughable low points, and a cornucopia of memes. The sequels are just porridge and white noise." -Some internet rando.]
posted 10-20-15 01:51 PM CT (US)     7 / 11  
Here

I only see a small number of my buildings, or elements of those buildings in the screenshots/video, I'm not saying a lot of buildings I made have been used without proper permission, but there are some.

For example:

The right corner of this fort is visible here:
posted 10-20-15 02:05 PM CT (US)     8 / 11  
Ok Tzon. I think it you're right. Enkeli told me he gaved you credits. Enkeli's plagiarism? Never heard that...
posted 10-20-15 02:08 PM CT (US)     9 / 11  
Well, I gave him permission to use them for a mod. But that doesn't cover anything that makes a profit, however.
posted 10-20-15 02:28 PM CT (US)     10 / 11  
Seems like it uses a pirated version of either the CD version or the HD edition. Thread closed in 5, 4, 3...

Fluctuat nec mergitur.
posted 10-20-15 02:42 PM CT (US)     11 / 11  
Gonna close this until we set things straight amongst the mods and the thread starter, just to make sure.

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » A mod for AOEIIHD- Rise of History!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames