You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How Does One Hard Drop On a Mac?
posted 05-24-04 01:20 PM CT (US)   
I play on a Macintosh, and for the life of me, cannot figure out how to hard drop (force a villager to deposit a resource and return to work.) I have to garrision my boar hunters and hit W to have them drop off resources before they're ready. This really slows my advancement time so any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Mindless Mac-bashing would be less than appreciated.

Replies:
posted 05-24-04 02:54 PM CT (US)     1 / 13  
Can't you use "command"-click? For PC's, you just right click on the TC, so I assume whatever replaces right-clicking would work. I could be wrong, though.
posted 05-24-04 03:01 PM CT (US)     2 / 13  

Quote:

I could be wrong, though

and it seems you would be. Right clicking (yes, I have a two button mouse) on the TC garrisons the villagers in the TC.

Anyone else? How about someone who actually has done it.

posted 05-24-04 03:09 PM CT (US)     3 / 13  
You should then turn off the "one button garrison" option. If it is not on, then you can flame me to your heart's desire.

And I apologize for trying to help you. I know I am a ****ing moron who has no reason to be living, let alone speaking.

posted 05-24-04 03:16 PM CT (US)     4 / 13  
As two button mouses are not common (or at least was not common 1-2 years ago) on macs, have you tried using the mac way of right clicking ?

If you have, then I would most probably guess Gordon B is on the right track.

Please notice though, that mac and pc is totally different. And there is very few mac aoc players around due to the fact that you cant play vs pc oponents.

Quote:
You will never learn what I am thinking.
And those who boast most loudly that they know my thought, to such people I lie even more.
Adolf Hitler (August 1938)

Check out The Myll Clans Homepage.

posted 05-24-04 03:16 PM CT (US)     5 / 13  
That's right Gordon, where do you get off giving people advice and encouragement and organizing tournaments?? Why don't you grow up and make a real contribution to this site by flaming some newbies or something
posted 05-24-04 03:19 PM CT (US)     6 / 13  

Quote:

Why don't you grow up and make a real contribution to this site by flaming some newbies or something

Damn straight.

STEVE
Age of Kings Heaven, Myll Clan

* Learn the Flush -- So you know how to play the game.
* Play Online -- So you can actually play the game.
posted 05-24-04 03:24 PM CT (US)     7 / 13  
Dangnabit! Ever'body's agin me!

Quote:

Why don't you grow up and make a real contribution to this site by flaming some newbies or something

Check, I'll get right on that.
posted 05-24-04 05:08 PM CT (US)     8 / 13  
Take it from a mac user:

Right clicking on a 2-button mouse is the way to go, if you have one. You may have to assign the action control-click to the right button in your mouse driver for AoK.

Control-click is the way to do it if you have a one button mouse (the bane of macs).

posted 05-24-04 08:35 PM CT (US)     9 / 13  

Quote:

I will pretend to not notice the hypocrisy in that.

posted 05-25-04 02:52 AM CT (US)     10 / 13  
And we will pretend that there is actually hope that one day you will evolve into a mildly intelligent life-form.
posted 05-25-04 05:14 AM CT (US)     11 / 13  
Ooooo...

Like Gordon said, it's probably the "One-click-garrisoning" that is your problem.

"Especially awe-inspiring is the fact that any single brain is made up of atoms that were forged in the hearts of countless stars billions of years ago... These atoms now form a conglomerate – your brain – that can not only ponder the very stars that gave it birth but can also think about its own ability to think and wonder about its own ability to wonder. With the arrival of humans…the universe has suddenly become conscious of itself. This, truly, is the greatest mystery of all." - Rama
posted 05-25-04 11:52 AM CT (US)     12 / 13  
Its a big "No" to the one-click garrisoning (the first thing I tried), but I think aka Pilot is on the right track (I have a duel button mouse, but never assigned action control to it).

To Slaghter's point, he hit it right on the head Mac controls are so different that while the speculation is nice, it's not particularly helpful,I was really looking for someone like aka pilot who uses a mac and successfully done this.

Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities Gordon, but time to feel the hurt and let it go.

Thanks to everyone who either provided advice, cried like a bitch, or both. I appreciate it.

posted 05-25-04 01:50 PM CT (US)     13 / 13  

Quote:

Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities Gordon, but time to feel the hurt and let it go.

Heh, don't worry, you didn't offend me. I was just messing around. I hope you got it to work.

I actually mean that, I'm not being a little, sarcastic ****

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » How Does One Hard Drop On a Mac?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames