You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Instead of 0 HP, no HP at all!
posted 02-02-03 09:52 PM CT (US)   
What I mean is, the entire bar for HP's is gone. I was playing Monk Maze Racing, and I loaded two of my guys on a transport to dodge a trebuchet shot. Another shot was fired, and it hit the transport ship, which sank. I still had the transport selected, so I clicked on the HP-less monk inside the transport to eject him and... he pops out. I click on him to move him when I realize... he doesn't have a HP bar below his picture! Anyone see this before?

Cobra the Mediocre
SteadilY working up to Average
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
(Age of Kings Heaven) (The Renegades)
Replies:
posted 02-02-03 10:05 PM CT (US)     1 / 38  
never played it...is the a multiplayer or scen..i should dload it

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper
posted 02-02-03 10:08 PM CT (US)     2 / 38  
That is very interesting!
*goes off to test*

zyxomma100- Age of Kings Heaven forumer
Proudly thwarting Dark_Aro's evil plans since 2002
"There is nothing more sad than watching a teutonic knight chasing a petard."
posted 02-02-03 10:24 PM CT (US)     3 / 38  
I can't get it to work. I've tried pausing the game and doing several combinations of unloading/killing actions, but nothing works. It might need multiplayer lag, although I'm doubtful. I gave Player 2 a billion battering rams to simulate lag. (For fun, I put a trigger with Condition: Own Objects: 8000, and it fired off. ) Still nothing will work. Can you repeat the trick again and tell us how you did it?

posted 02-02-03 10:29 PM CT (US)     4 / 38  
Very interesting... I wonder how we would make this work in the editor.
posted 02-02-03 11:04 PM CT (US)     5 / 38  
I've gotten HP-less units in multiplayer before. What happened me to me, however, was that I lost and the trigger "killed" all my units. However, one of my units was inside an ally transport. Thus I was still alive with a unit that did not have a HP bar. Once I unloaded him, however, he died....

Whenever a unit dies, it loses its HP bar. He remains on the map for a couple seconds after that.

CRYSTALCROWN

Play OnlineBecause you really can't gloat about beating the computer.
Learn the FlushSo you don't lose every game in under 20 minutes.

It's not a post count; it's making your posts count.
posted 02-02-03 11:14 PM CT (US)     6 / 38  
HP-less units are no problem. Use a kill object trigger on a unit in a transport. What's different is a unit with no HP bar, yet still alive. Sure, a unit that's killed has no HP bar, but it's already in its dying frames, and it's too late.

If you notice, when you delete a transport, you can still click it and see all the units inside headed to their doom. They have no HP bar if you look. What's interesting is that Cobra said he clicked on them to unload and they did. I can't repeat that, even with lag.

posted 02-03-03 08:09 AM CT (US)     7 / 38  
I've gotten a dead unit to stay alive when garrisoning in a Watch Tower right before his death, but that is no accomplishment considering the unit dies when ungarrisoned.

Heroes, however, gain HP over time and can be saved when garrisoned inside of a Tower.

posted 02-03-03 12:40 PM CT (US)     8 / 38  

Quote:

Heroes, however, gain HP over time and can be saved when garrisoned inside of a Tower.

All units heal when garrisoned inside a building, not only heroes.

posted 02-03-03 02:46 PM CT (US)     9 / 38  
ow wow if you took the trouble looking in the trigger trick guide you will see it is there already...

seen it, done it... next....

Download the Trigger Trick guide v2.0 ID 344
Creator of the Return of the Mummy series id 715 :: Zelda sneak preview ::
Newest project: The World of Zelda
posted 02-03-03 03:49 PM CT (US)     10 / 38  

Quote:

seen it, done it... next....

Reread the topic post AND the title of this thread ("Instead of 0 HP, no HP at all!", showing that he is aware of the 0 HP trick).

He says that the HP bar disappears. When you use the 0 HP trick, the HP bar doesn't disappear (in the UI) and it shows the unit's normal/max HP, but what he describes is NOT the 0 HP trick.

posted 02-03-03 05:53 PM CT (US)     11 / 38  
In a scenario I made, I got a Palisade Wall without an HP bar but if you right clicked on it if you were enemy to them it would self-destruct. I have screenshots.

No. Bad Jarl. Bad Bad Jarl. NO Penis ASCII.
-Andy.
posted 02-03-03 05:56 PM CT (US)     12 / 38  
You use the Kill Objects trigger to get that effect. It can be used in amazing ways if you try it out.
posted 02-03-03 06:40 PM CT (US)     13 / 38  
I stumbled on to this in the past that removes the "green life bar" completely. The unit remains as a target and retains the negative damage amount for HP life.

Trigger 0:
no
on
no
Condition 0:
whatever
Effect 0:
Change Object HP (-)negative units amount
Effect 1:
Damage Object (-)negative units amount

I found this long ago, and posted it before...it was over shadowed by Philip Dunscombe's teaser of the Zombie Units, with 0 LOS...

...I don't think he ever gave the trigger set out?

*missing Philip*

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 02-03-03 06:47 PM CT (US)     14 / 38  
Yes, he did leave us at quite a cliff-hanger.
posted 02-03-03 07:21 PM CT (US)     15 / 38  
Some additional notes I forgot, the unit can't be walked over or moved, I believe it's considered dead, and I was playing the scenario in AoK, not TC (as the scenario is for AoK). I have some screenshots, but no way to post them.

As for the scenario, you can find it under Multiplayer section, AoK only, by Kevingamer Prime.

Cobra the Mediocre
posted 02-03-03 07:34 PM CT (US)     16 / 38  
Well, if it is for AoK, that means it works in both AoK and AoC.
posted 02-03-03 07:45 PM CT (US)     17 / 38  
Well, there's certain bugs that've been mentioned that only work in AoK, but I don't remember them...

*pretends to miss Philip*

*really wants his trigger tricks... *

posted 02-03-03 07:52 PM CT (US)     18 / 38  
Walls w/out sides, IIRC, was one of the bugs that did not work in AoC.

The trick was to use the erase units effect and erase the sides of the wall. Then it would look like a wall with no giant pillars next to it.

Actually, I am not that great at explaining. Download "Wall Tricks" by deathdart to see what I mean.

posted 02-03-03 08:06 PM CT (US)     19 / 38  
ALL RIGHT MAN, i made monkmaze racing myself! (in sig) *hi fives cobra*

it lookes like a bug

p.s. can anyone rate mine? please help!

¯\/\\evo'_____________________________________
¯¯//¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
"i get more IM's from AOL System Message than from everyone else"-Anonymous

[This message has been edited by kevingamer prime (edited 02-03-2003 @ 08:10 PM).]

posted 02-04-03 12:56 PM CT (US)     20 / 38  
Did someone say something about 0 LOS.
How does that work???????????????????????

Haven't been here in years
posted 02-04-03 02:48 PM CT (US)     21 / 38  
that reminds me of something weird:

one day, i was playing a regular game, and i had a bunch of bombard cannons near my transport ship. i loaded the b.cannons onto the ship just as one was killed. i had 3 bombard cannons, but on the ship, there was 3 pictuers of bombard cannons, but the garisson says 2/20! as soon as i unloaded the ship, 2 bombard cannons comes out, and another comes out, and dies imeadiatly!

???

¯\/\\evo'_____________________________________
¯¯//¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
"i get more IM's from AOL System Message than from everyone else"-Anonymous
posted 02-04-03 03:32 PM CT (US)     22 / 38  
I met several times where the HP bar is gone, most of the time is during a random map game after the computer player resigned, and all the computer player's walls became HP-less, but the strange thing is, when I use attack ground on it, it never dies off, but it get destroyed instantly when I right click on it, even before the unit does anything.

As for unit with no LOS, I never seen it in AOK, but I'm guessing that the effect is the same as the mercenaries (editor only unit) in AOE.

hello all
posted 02-04-03 04:08 PM CT (US)     23 / 38  
@ Anastasia:

I think he knows that trick, which is a few months old. I mentioned that. The title says, "Instead of 0 HP...", and the trick that you stated is the 0 HP trick.

About the trick...

Place a villager or any other garrisonable unit adjacent to a garrisonable building. Then, when running the map, press pause. Select the unit, press delete, select the unit again (if it gets deselected), then press ALT+Right click on the building. Unpause the game, and then select the building. You'll see that the unit has no HP.

posted 02-05-03 00:17 AM CT (US)     24 / 38  
But the unit will die as soon as it is ungarrisoned, unless it had time to heal in the catle/tower. From what I can get from Cobra, he says the unit was still alive and walking.

@magna gb:
That's the bug that happens when you kill a wall or house with triggers.

posted 02-05-03 06:20 AM CT (US)     25 / 38  
Darkmaster:
The 'trick' or trigger set in my post is more than a few months old...is my original discovery, and it removes the 'green life bar,' above the unit and in the stat box.

In as much as the topic is about not having certain stats appear, such as "doesn't have a HP bar below his picture!" and the no HP occurrence discovered by The_Cobra_81, I thought I would add the way to remove the 'green life bars' easily, with one trigger, and still have the units remain playable.

Perhaps, I'm missing something?

I have seen a unit in screenshot on Philip's maps with 0 LOS, and the map appeared to be totally dark and the selected unit's stats read 0/0 in the lower display. I often thought that the effect was not created entirely in the editor, but a combination of editor and in game manipulation. So this discovery of 'no' HP could hold the key to creating the 'Zombie' units.

My question is what do the stat fields (i.e., 0/40) read?

posted 02-06-03 04:41 AM CT (US)     26 / 38  
@ Darkmaster and rest

ahm yes well I noticed that the picture that was included with the trick is removed... The Trick makes the HP line dissapear. When it says 0 hp you will see no HP at all. Not even 0/0

Atleast if you do it right. There are 2 ways for changing the HP. You can make it 0/??? (??? = amount of HP the unit normally has), But you can do it like this that the HP life thing disapears ( that is the trick that is given in the trigger trick guide)

So my statment stays. Nice fine but been there, done that, next...

posted 02-06-03 11:45 AM CT (US)     27 / 38  
Then why does the topic state, "Intead of 0 HP..."?

posted 02-06-03 12:23 PM CT (US)     28 / 38  
I still have to try The Editorbuilder's 0 HP trick. It will be of good use in the future.
posted 02-06-03 01:33 PM CT (US)     29 / 38  
I have been lurking around occasionally following posts of interest.

Nice to see this place is doing well, This trick has been beaten to death then resurrected and beaten to death again "Literally".

FYI the trick was explained eventually in the forum, so I did not think I had to explain it fully once more. Look back to ancient posts it is their in a very large trick guide I can’t remember the exact one unfortunately.

posted 02-06-03 05:59 PM CT (US)     30 / 38  
Hey Philip Dunscombe! Nice to see an ol' "trick master" pop in a while!

I agree about this trick though; I've read this forum a couple of times before I registered so that's why I know. Now that this time isn't as anarchic as it was last summer, perhaps we can build much more. See this thread. It's got plenty of radical remarks lashing out on Philip condemning him on his "silence", but plenty of clues nontheless.

Willing to oblige,

NN.

_____________VIight VIecromancer »»»»»»»»»__________________________The Nocturnal Numina of Necromancy ~¤
»»»»»»¤¤Terms of Service »»»»»»¤¤AoK Heavens »»»»»»¤¤AoK Forums »»»»»»¤¤MCSN »»»»»»¤¤The Research Treasury
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
"The most important trait an artist in games industry can have is ambition" - Steven Thompson, Gas Powered Games

[This message has been edited by NightNecromancer (edited 02-06-2003 @ 06:00 PM).]

posted 02-07-03 00:11 AM CT (US)     31 / 38  
Hey Philip...good to see you! The trick in TE's guide is not the same as you described...unless I did it wrong.

The Editorbuilder...did I do it wrong? I didn't have 0 LOS.

posted 02-07-03 00:15 AM CT (US)     32 / 38  
You posted the 0 LOS trick? Hmmm.. I didn't know that. Here's a pic... er... link to a pic. Here

Edit: Unfortunately, using the way I did it, you're left with an even bigger "revealed spot" on the map. I did it by garrisoning a bunch of pikemen in a tower and deleting the tower. Rinse and repeat about 8 times. You're left with some sort of "God." (It's actually a strange effect that occurs when you stack about 40 pikemen on top of each other.) I then map copied this "God" unit in a big square. If the player deletes enough of them, suddenly all the units have 0 LOS. The only problem is, once the units moves to a different square, that particular unit regains his sight.

[This message has been edited by zyxomma100 (edited 02-07-2003 @ 00:24 AM).]

posted 02-07-03 00:18 AM CT (US)     33 / 38  
The 0HP/0 LOS trick is completely different, but I think that it has yet to be exposed.

With "Marco"/"Polo"
Without "Marco"/"Polo"

[EDIT] Philip NEVER revealed that trick! He planned to reveal it in "Neat Trick's II", but he never did release that tutorial, so it is only known by him (or anyone else who has discovered it).

[This message has been edited by Darkmaster (edited 02-07-2003 @ 00:32 AM).]

posted 02-07-03 00:34 AM CT (US)     34 / 38  
Darkmaster: What happens in those shots of you convert those units to the player's color? (Unless that is the player's color -- but then you would be able to select them, wouldn't you? I'm not sure anymore.)

posted 02-07-03 00:53 AM CT (US)     35 / 38  
Don't ask me. Philip never revealed how that trick was done. I think those units belong to the player, since the second link shows that there is no visibility in the map.

posted 02-07-03 06:41 AM CT (US)     36 / 38  
Yes the 0 los trick I did that but, breaked my brains about the thing I don't know how to make the 0 los before it creates a los :s

posted 02-07-03 12:10 PM CT (US)     37 / 38  
Maybe it has something to do with Kill Objects and the healing effect... I wish I could test.
posted 02-07-03 11:32 PM CT (US)     38 / 38  
Wait a sec... how do you do the 0 los trick?

Cobra the Mediocre
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Instead of 0 HP, no HP at all!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames