loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ~The Crusaders~ a new campaign
posted 07-20-06 12:39 PM CT (US)   
~+The Crusaders+~
By Joelh
[b]First Crusade V1.1 Released/b]

The Story
You play as 3 young boys who all life in the village of Autocastro.1 is been driven by his power of his faith (Christianaty)1 is been driven by his strenght in fights and 1 is been driven to knowledge,he also is half Saracen.the first 1 is called Andrew,the second one Lord Richard (his father is the king of Autocastro) and the last on is called Peter.When the Saracens invade the coast of Italy near their village they go to defend the beach.Thats where the story starts.

Campaigns :
COMPLETE ~ The First Crusade ~ COMPLETE
1 Saracen Invasion 100%
2 The Departure 100%
3 Marching to Constantinople and beyond 100%
4 The capture of Antioch 100%
5 The siege of Jerusalem 100%

~The Second Crusade~
1 The Return Home 100 %
2 The Rebel Village 100 %
3 The Horns Of Hattin 60 %
4 The Fall Of Jerusalem

~The Third Crusade~
1 Birth of a new Crusade
2 Recovering the lost Kingdoms
3 The great siege
4 The end of Crusades

this will be the main levels.maybe there will be added a few cutscenes.
~First Crusade~
~Released~

~Last Updated ~
Saturday 20 December

~Messages~
Progress on the Second Crusade will slow down now cause i am at the exam year of my school and i need to study hard.

~Credits (till now)~
The_Slayer90:For helping with the Scenario Instructions Map and Beta Testing.
Dantarus IV : Spell check for version 1.1

Here are the screenshots of the First Crusade :
[JPEG, (524.24 KB)]
The Crusaders on their way to war

[JPEG, (552.14 KB)]
The Siege Of Nicaea

[JPEG, (551.63 KB)]
The Haghia Sophia in Constantinople

[JPEG, (567.61 KB)]
Nicaea in Byzantine control

[JPEG, (547.92 KB)]
Saracen Antioch

[JPEG, (555.57 KB)]
The Castle of Antioch

[JPEG, (523.73 KB)]
The Siege of Antioch

[JPEG, (553.17 KB)]
The western wall of Jerusalem after a trebutchet bombardment

[JPEG, (555.45 KB)]
The Crusader camp at Jerusalem

[JPEG, (562.03 KB)]
And finnaly the Siege of Jerusalem

[This message has been edited by joelh (edited 01-20-2007 @ 11:37 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-20-06 02:24 PM CT (US)     1 / 21  
That's a lot of scenarios...If you are able to do that, I must say, I am impressed. Good luck!

___~ Super Cell 51 ~___
"Live every day as though it was your last."
JESUS SAVES!

[This message has been edited by Super_Cell_51 (edited 07-20-2006 @ 02:25 PM).]

posted 07-20-06 03:42 PM CT (US)     2 / 21  
This sounds excellent I can't wait to see the pictures!

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 07-21-06 06:50 AM CT (US)     3 / 21  
Sounds great! I love Crusader Campiagns

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         
posted 07-21-06 08:25 AM CT (US)     4 / 21  
Me to

You (Dantares) also made a good impression with your campaigns. So many hours, wrestling with idea's. Playtested tons and tons of other work of other people.
Putting Blackness Back On Map|Sieges With Less Lag|10x10 (Custom Map)Winning Second Place in the DtSC: ~The Outer Rim~ 4.0 ratingProud Member of Dragon Gaming StudiosMy Latest Game: ~Son Against Father~
posted 07-25-06 12:51 PM CT (US)     5 / 21  
ok i need some help with the Scenario Instructions Maps.For every Scenario i am going to make i already got a picture.but i noticed at the first 3 scenarios the maps where black-white..no colors in them.does anybody know how to fix this.please post here ive you know how to solve this.many thanks
posted 07-25-06 07:21 PM CT (US)     6 / 21  
Did you paste it onto the original scenariobkg? If you want to send it to me I'll see what I can do. email in sig.
posted 07-25-06 07:48 PM CT (US)     7 / 21  
You can tell this is going to be a great campaign because the entire topic post is written in red.
posted 07-26-06 03:37 AM CT (US)     8 / 21  
haha lol red is the color of the Templars so i thought it would be funny to make it red
posted 08-06-06 09:56 AM CT (US)     9 / 21  
i am forced to stop working till wendnesday 9 August cause i forgot to take AOE-TC cd with me on holiday.after the 9th i will continue.
posted 08-06-06 10:07 AM CT (US)     10 / 21  
Better keep posting though... This thread will be long gone beofre 6 day is up if noone posts.

posted 08-10-06 03:21 PM CT (US)     11 / 21  
ive got my AOE-TC Cd back and i will continue working now on the last part of the capture of Antioch
posted 08-16-06 04:49 PM CT (US)     12 / 21  
The First Crusade is now complete..there will be some testing done by friends of mine and then i will release it.The_Slayer90 i will send you the last scenario instructions map in the nex few days.
posted 08-16-06 05:20 PM CT (US)     13 / 21  
Sounding good. Good luck with the rest of the series too.
posted 08-16-06 09:41 PM CT (US)     14 / 21  

Quote:

The_Slayer90 i will send you the last scenario instructions map in the nex few days.

Sounds good.

posted 08-17-06 09:46 AM CT (US)     15 / 21  
All the screenshots of the First Crusade has been added.Hope you like them
posted 09-05-06 11:57 AM CT (US)     16 / 21  
The First Crusade will be released very soon the testing has made progress
posted 09-10-06 07:05 AM CT (US)     17 / 21  
I don't like the screens!But I'll give you some advice how to make the maps better.
1.Desert - make desert with mixing desert, dirt 1 and dirt 2.It will be good to add some elevations.First for nice view, second for strategy at fighing.Add lakes of oasis and next to them some flowers with leaves, dirt 3 and grass 3.You can add there and some bushes or jungle bushes.The trees must be forest trees and palm trees.
2.Roads - mix broken roads and usual roads.But no fungus roads(if you are in the desert).When place roads in cities do not make the whole city of only road or broken road.Add some desert, dirt 1 and dirt 2.And add some trees(which I said up).Add and some elevations.And mix the roads.
I hope this will help you!
posted 09-10-06 07:20 AM CT (US)     18 / 21  
yes those screenshots look fairly ordinary, almost as if you used an arabia random map. you need to detail the map alot more by blending terrain, using elevation and adding eye candy suck as rocks, cracks, craters etc
posted 09-11-06 06:54 AM CT (US)     19 / 21  
i know this is very late, but if you need another playtester, you can email me at
darkjedilarry789@comcast.net.

In A.D. 2101 War was beginning. Captain: What happen? Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb. Operator: We get signal. Captain: What ! Operator: Main screen turn on. Captain: It's You !! Cats: How are you gentlemen !! Cats: All your base are belong to us. Cats: You are on the way to destruction. Captain: What you say !! Cats: You have no chance to survive make your time. Cats: HA HA HA HA .... ALL YOR BASE.
posted 09-11-06 07:29 AM CT (US)     20 / 21  
Still looking good Joel, just a few tweaks in the map, and I can see a great campaign in the making

posted 09-11-06 01:24 PM CT (US)     21 / 21  
Thanks for the tips guys !
About the fact some maps look like Arabia Random , ive based my maps on them..not made them of a Arabia Random,i am not very good in the map design part but when i first saw Arabia Random maps i thought thats how the holly land pretty much look likes so at 2 maps i made some things that look like the Arabia map.About the playtesting : For the First Crusade its indeed a bit late for Beta testing , cause The_Slayer90 is almost ready testing but maybe for the Second and/ore Third Crusade you can

[This message has been edited by joelh (edited 09-11-2006 @ 01:26 PM).]

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » ~The Crusaders~ a new campaign
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames