Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Coming Soon....a MW production
posted 04-14-07 06:00 PM CT (US)   
|Executive Decision| Project Selected: Chu Han Contention

Here's the general rundown:

The Chu-Han Contention (楚 or 楚, 206–202 BC) was a post-Qin Dynasty interregnum period in China. During this period the rebel kings derived from the collapse of Qin Dynasty formed two camps fighting each other. One camp was headed by Liu Bang, King of Han while the other was headed by Xiang Yu, King Ba of Chu. Several minor kings also fought independent wars against each other during that period. The war ended with total victory of Liu Bang, who claimed himself the emperor and established the Han Dynasty.

Layout Procedure:
- Intro Bitmap with Intro Movie
- Prologue with interactive cutscene [A First?]: Introduction of the leaders and their hometown situations
- Qi Rebellion: A majorly FF/ Find and Destroy scenario with elements of B&D, player decisions, and touch of RPG.
- Occupation of Guanzhong: Buildup of forces with special leadership abilties of each major character
- Battle of the Si and Conquest of the Qi: Regrouping of ragged rebel forces
- Cutscene of some sort: Maybe fictional information here or Battle of Pengcheng and Lingbi
- Finale: The Siege of Gaixia
- Teaser: "The Three Kingdoms"

Major Scenario Aspects: FF, F&D/B&D, Scouting, RPG, Fact with fiction, with emphasis on fact.

Construction Details:
Intro Bitmap/Movie : 98%
Prologue: 99%
Qi Rebellion: 33%
Occupation of Guanzhong: 0%
Battle of the Si and Conquest of the Qi: 0%
The Siege of Gaixia: 0%

Screenshots:
Chu-Han Contention
Intro Screen
Xiang's Assassination Ploy
Liu Bang's Hometown

Qi Rebellion
Intro Screen
Desolate Kingdom of Jiaodong
Ingenious Irrigation/Sewer System
Road to Jiaodong

Prologue:
Sound File: http://putstuff.putfile.com/72505/4710615

Anyways, this will be the BETA release of the introduction to Chu Han Contention. I strongly suggest you download the avi files as well (14.7 MB...56k beware). Just keep clicking next page until you get to Page 3 and click the download link.

The first zip named: Chu_Han contains the scenario and the bitmap. Place the scx in your scenario folder and the bitmap into your Age of Empires II folder.

Link: http://putstuff.putfile.com/72069/4839055

The second named: avi contains the movie files. Place the avi in the avi folder.

Link: http://putstuff.putfile.com/72070/9870470

Comments/Suggestions/Criticism would be much appreciated.

[This message has been edited by MW (edited 04-25-2007 @ 08:57 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-14-07 07:14 PM CT (US)     1 / 18  
One was my Asian/Chinese campaign...the Chu-Han Contention. Remember that ol' relic?

Indeed I do, with that stupid Mortal Kombat character in your banner.

Glad to see you "back in the game", so to speak.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 04-14-07 10:46 PM CT (US)     2 / 18  
Stupid computer. See below.

[This message has been edited by MW (edited 04-14-2007 @ 10:47 PM).]

posted 04-14-07 10:47 PM CT (US)     3 / 18  
EDIT- I found another one of my old projects: Bannockburn. Huzzah!

[This message has been edited by MW (edited 04-23-2007 @ 06:51 PM).]

posted 04-15-07 03:17 PM CT (US)     4 / 18  
One was my Asian/Chinese campaign...the Chu-Han Contention. Remember that ol' relic?

*raises hand*
It was your HCC project, wasn't it?
posted 04-15-07 06:20 PM CT (US)     5 / 18  
Yes, the man in the green. Yes it was. That is 100% true.

[This message has been edited by MW (edited 04-23-2007 @ 06:52 PM).]

posted 04-16-07 10:29 PM CT (US)     6 / 18  
Updated Topic Post.

Yes, it's a double. Get over it.

posted 04-16-07 11:03 PM CT (US)     7 / 18  
I like the way you've got for the player to go through dialogue (Select Left Guard).
posted 04-16-07 11:51 PM CT (US)     8 / 18  
Interactive is what I'm trying to aim for in this campaign. That and how to increase playing time.

[This message has been edited by MW (edited 04-16-2007 @ 11:55 PM).]

posted 04-20-07 00:13 AM CT (US)     9 / 18  
Any others who are interested?
posted 04-23-07 06:49 PM CT (US)     10 / 18  
Anyways, this will be the BETA release of the introduction to Chu Han Contention. I strongly suggest you download the avi files as well (14.7 MB...56k beware). Just keep clicking next page until you get to Page 3 and click the download link.

The first zip named: Chu_Han contains the scenario and the bitmap. Place the scx in your scenario folder and the bitmap into your Age of Empires II folder.

Link: http://putstuff.putfile.com/72069/4839055

The second named: avi contains the movie files. Place the avi in the avi folder.

Link: http://putstuff.putfile.com/72070/9870470

Comments/Suggestions/Criticism would be much appreciated.

Qi Rebellion is undergoing drastic progress. Approximately one city has been triggered, the other one is under design development, and the three is nonexistant...yet.

posted 04-24-07 07:33 AM CT (US)     11 / 18  
Whoa, a whole bunch of double and triple posts!
Seeing those names in English is really funny. Oh wait, the characters you have for the Chinese name are not standard Mandarin. As a present to you:

.\/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
/\ingjianma/
|____
Proud Member of TWH since 2007 and AoKH since 2004
Seleucid AAR|Sarmatian AAR | Spain AAR
posted 04-24-07 08:58 AM CT (US)     12 / 18  
Ehhh...when Chinese is translated into English, it loses most of its meaning and destroys the phonetics.

Can anyone else playtest the scenario? Or comment on the video?

[This message has been edited by MW (edited 04-24-2007 @ 08:59 AM).]

posted 04-24-07 10:11 AM CT (US)     13 / 18  
Yeah, it does at that. Sorry, I don't think I have enough time to test now. Yeah, I'm interested, but not enough time. Maybe after I get through my school stuff.

.\/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
/\ingjianma/
|____
Proud Member of TWH since 2007 and AoKH since 2004
Seleucid AAR|Sarmatian AAR | Spain AAR
posted 04-24-07 10:24 AM CT (US)     14 / 18  
This looks really interesting. I never really liked Marston Moor but this looks very promising. I cannot playtest however - I already have lots of things to do.

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 04-24-07 05:24 PM CT (US)     15 / 18  
Well, I guess everyone has their own opinion. What's with everyone being busy at the moment! It's the end of the semester/year!

How about downloading the video and telling me what needs to be improved?

posted 04-25-07 11:19 AM CT (US)     16 / 18  
It's the end of the semester/year!

Exactly, exams. GCSEs for me start in two weeks. ¬_¬

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
"Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
"Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia
posted 04-25-07 02:16 PM CT (US)     17 / 18  
I have used the same concept of interactive conversation, where you can choose your answer, in one of my scenarios. I personally find it quite fun to make.

« the Wolf Hunter »
 The Sorax Cloud ~ Coming Soon
In Progress: The Minigame Competition
posted 04-25-07 08:56 PM CT (US)     18 / 18  
It's also doubles the amount of trigger work when one does it correctly.

It's gonna bite me in the behind as I move along the campaign though. You can to take into account players aren't as innocent and orderly as they appear to be. Then again, it is only human nature to want to cheat.

Sound File: Link: http://putstuff.putfile.com/72505/4710615

Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Coming Soon....a MW production
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames