Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project Announcement: Guardian Trilogy
posted 11-26-10 07:52 PM CT (US)   

Well for those of you who have been waiting for the sequel to Jengar's Quest, you can rejoice. I have officially started on this project. Some time ago you might have seen me announcing this project in a thread that quickly died, well soon after that my motivation for designing died as well as I got hooked on some new games(civ 3 and disciples 2 if you were wondering). I pretty much dropped all my projects as they were getting boring and the game was getting boring, it was a good thing, it allowed me to take a step back and reexamine some of my projects and wonder if they were worth it and if I would ever have the motivation or the want to finish them. Well I've cleaned out the closet so to speak and and am now working only on this, which I hope will turn out quite well. Those of you who were looking forward to Sands of Blood might ask is it gone for good? Well, maybe, I still have yet to see if I will be able to finish it, so to answer you that, it is not going to be worked on at least until I am done with this. I will say it taught me several things and I very much needed to learn them. So enough intro and on to the announcement...

It all started long ago, before Jengar was born, before the people of Utara had formed into a civilization, two brothers lived together with their parents on the family estate. One day a foreign princess came with her father as part of diplomatic mission, both brothers were smitten at first sight. They both competed for her heart while she was there, but in the end the older brother won her heart. In spite, the younger brother did something that even to this day is a closely kept royal secret, and through his cleverness he pinned it on his older brother. Without the ability to prove his innocence the older brother was forced to flee the land, he sailed across an ocean and landed on the shores of Utara He quickly brought the people of Utara together as a nation and was soon made king. His rule was long and good and many generations after, his descendants were on the throne, but over the years the kings faded from ruling and a council was formed to govern the people.

Now Jengar, the last known descendant of the older brother, has been washed ashore on the very land from which his his ancestor fled. But unlike in Utara, where the arrival of the brother brought the people together and his descendants helped build up the country, this land had suffered from the younger brother's reign. Though not a greedy ruler, he was unwise in the ways of politics and his death was almost welcomed, but his son was no better, and neither was his son nor his son, and soon the nation split into factions and city states each ruled by a warlord. Now, many generations later, the greater warlords have established themselves and now derive pleasure from fighting over towns and resources, and the lesser warlords sell their swords and men to the highest bidder.

This is what Jengar finds himself in, wars, betrayal, and desperation. You will be given the option, do you fight with the peasants, the nobility, or mayhaps find a third alternative. Either way you will traverse the continent of Bar-Vaekkor which is rich in beauty and intrigue. Once the homeland of the Nepharim, Bar-Vaekkor has many secrets, some dark, others powerful, and a few that could shape the fate of a people torn in two.

Well, that was a mouthful, sufficed to say this will be a RPG, it will have some FF and maybe some B&D as well. You will play as Jengar on his journey through Bar-Vaekkor, you will get spells and abilities as you learn and discover new things.

Scenario one: Guardian Rise
Progress:
Map: 15%
Plot: 75%
Triggers: 0.5%
Spells: 10%
Overall: 25%

Well as you can see, there isn't alot done, this I will be rectifying in the next couple days. I have a projection that I will be needing playtesters in the near future, probably in about a week or two(to those of you who were playtesters for any of my previous work, I have learned a valuable lesson from Sands of Blood playtesting and your job will not be to work through bugs, I feel like a noob for having messed that up sorry, but to give me feedback and look for any grammar/spelling flaws, which I know will still be a big job, lol). I want three to four playtesters, but if a bunch of you want to playtest I will take up to eight as varied opinions help and the more eyes the better.

Current playtesters, version they have, and feedback if any.
1. Pears
2. Fanica
3. < BLANK >
4. < BLANK >

Well thanks for the support I know this community will give and keep an eye out for updates as I will add some interesting stuff to this as I get to it. Cheers, Jecon

Host of Current Campaigns and Scenarios - Volume 6
Pround member of Black Forest Studios
Creator of: Jengar's Quest: rated 3.9
Working on: GuardianTrilogy ~25% Done
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
"I'm slowly falling to pieces, and I know only one can put me back together, yet he seems to be letting me fall apart, I just pray that his plan is worth it. I know it will be, but its easy to say it, much harder to live it." - sadly, Me

[This message has been edited by Jecon (edited 11-27-2010 @ 09:22 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-27-10 05:30 AM CT (US)     1 / 2  
*Nerdgasm*
*signs up for Playtesters*
I would very much like you to see this through to the end!
And I shall be following you until the very end
Even to the toilet! ... heh heh heh

So, again Devestator shut the f*ck up, for your own good, and for mine aswell. If you think im a noob, continue with that, but do not tell that noobstuff to the others, because there's people who do not give a flying f*ck about you, komprenas? SHUT THE F*CK UP, AND REMAIN SILENT stupid pervert. - NertyOX
posted 11-27-10 05:41 AM CT (US)     2 / 2  
I wish to playtest.

P.S. Pears, I sent you the file for LostinDeserts. Give me feedback please.

The 1st Most Improved Forummer of 2010.
The 3rd Most Improved Designer of both 2009 and 2010.
Obviously, member of the great and the well known BlackForest Studios.
Was host of Continous Screenshot Competition I at AoEHeaven.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project Announcement: Guardian Trilogy
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames