Please login or register

Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project Announcement: Alternate History of the Americas
posted 02-16-12 07:21 PM CT (US)   
Hey! This Mithril Knight, bringing in my most recent project, and my first big one too.

I announce you: Alternate History of the Americas (I didn't came up with something better, ok?)

Story

It's 1539, and Western Europe's destiny is pending on a string. Since the ottoman victory in Vienna, 10 years ago, it's been a non-stopping push from the turks to the west. Most of the italian states were crushed, only Genoa continues independant. The christian coalition has lost battle after battle: Palermo, Milan, and most recently, Malta.

The only hopes that rely to break the Ottoman war machine with their powerful gunpowder units, are that the spanish galleons can maintain the turkish navy out of the Sardinian shores. Under these circumstances, the spanish king has ordered their new colonies to send as many soldiers and gold across the ocean to Europe, in order to be able to power the war effort, causing an increase in the taxes made to the treasures on the explorers in the New World. All this has caused many people that revolt against what they think is an abuse, as the king already is recieving a fifth of the total loots earned in the expeditions, and it's something quite sizeable already.

Thre revolts have caused inestability in the New World, as the spanish rebels looking to end this abuses by establishing their own governments, alongside with indian americans that are willing to get back their freedom, fight against the viceroy of Nueva España and the governors of the different provinces.

One of them must unite the rebels, if they ever wish to establish their own government, they must rally under his flag. This is the story that man, he was the one who envisioned a new land where there wouldn't be such a thing as a king and the abuse of the land owners over the oppresed natives. His name is Juan Mendoza, and this is how he was sucessful to establish the first independant nation of America.

About

A fictional story based on an alternate universe, created by the questions: If the turks had won in the Siege of Vienna in 1529, what would have happened? How far would they have continued? And how could it have affected the young Spanish colonies in America?

Mainly B&D gameplay, but with plently of other game types, like Fixed Force or RPS, having 8 scenarios, each different in some way and more challenging from the last.

A Ensemble Studios Campaign feeling, enjoyable and intersting, but not something too surprising in terms of Eye-candy.

No Trigger Studio usage in the whole campaign at all.

Custom AI's espacifically made for a campaign of this kind. Special thanks to Leif and promiskuitiv for making them to me.

Images

Teaser Image

History Section NEW!

Progress

Working on: Scenario 2

Total: 23%

Stay tuned to watch the progress. Hopefully if you are dedicated enough you will be automatically be one of my playtesters.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms

[This message has been edited by Mithril Knight (edited 02-20-2012 @ 08:06 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-16-12 08:45 PM CT (US)     1 / 15  
Looking good, and it sounds like a very interesting project. Best of luck, MK!

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi
posted 02-17-12 03:03 AM CT (US)     2 / 15  
I've always sort of liked alternate history plots. It allows for a lot of creativity and what-if scenarios.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 02-17-12 04:38 AM CT (US)     3 / 15  
Alternate history is always interesting. Good luck with this!
posted 02-18-12 05:54 PM CT (US)     4 / 15  
Thanks guys.

From 2010, all I have seen is the SD&M forum turn from 2-3 Scenario/Campaign project threads, to only having Mod threads, it almost changed from SD&M to only M. I think that making threads like these keeps the interest of the people in the project, so I will keep it up to date as much as I can. Even if I have to just up one percent. Also, I will make use of the thread in a dairy fashion, I will give screenshots every once in a while and sometimes tell about the daily progress, when I make any substantial one, of course.

Tomorrow I will post gameplay from the first mission. So stay tuned.

Progress updated: 21% to 23%

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 02-18-12 09:48 PM CT (US)     5 / 15  
Good to see projects being worked on.
And i am sure you will do a good job!All the best!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
posted 02-19-12 04:39 PM CT (US)     6 / 15  
Gameplay Entry - Mission 1

Hey guys, first gameplay entry, as I pointed out yesterday. You will see here a few of the things you will find at the first mission of AHoA (short for Alternate History of Americas), named Rebellion.

1. History Section: The history section will make a brief introduction to the history of the locations visited during the campaign. This way you actually learn history when reading this section. The plot will be told at the Objectives section, before starting.

2. A revolt that is being supressed

3. Mendoza through the forest

4. Welcome to Texcoco

Sorry for the score thingys out there, I forgot to turn them off from my last game.

That's all folks, what you think of this? One of these pictures will be placed in the Images section in the OP, I will not tell you which though. Comment, tell me what can I improve (other than my screenshot-taking skills) there and stay tuned for more of these as my project advances.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 02-21-12 12:09 PM CT (US)     7 / 15  
Well so far it looks good. Your map design is pretty decent,
which is infact nice and quiet appealing!

()()()()()()DRACONIANDEVIL()()()()()()
posted 02-21-12 09:45 PM CT (US)     8 / 15  
This sounds cool, Mithril. Looking forward to it

I would love to be a playtester whenever thr opportunity arises, too.

I like how you've said that it will play similar to an ES campaign. I especially liked the Montezuma campaign, especially the level that begins as an RPG and evolves into a B&D

Proud Member of Black Forest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009
and The Seas of Egressa - Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
posted 02-22-12 09:50 PM CT (US)     9 / 15  
especially the level that begins as an RPG and evolves into a B&D
Well, it's funny you mention it, as one of them actually resembles something similar.

I notice people tell me that the design and eye candy is "decent".

Well, there are two things to consider here:

1. I want it to feel like an ES campaign, that includes not making awesome eye-candy and the like as opposed to the other projects around, therefore there will be little design tricks.

2. This is a Trigger Studio-less campaign, that means that I am making this project in the old fashioned way, no tricks that can be achieved via Trigger Studio will be seen here, so it feels a little more like an ES campaign.

Taking this into account, it's comprehensible, don't you think?

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 02-22-12 10:09 PM CT (US)     10 / 15  
just add some elevation. the flatness is what bothers me. the rest of it looks exactly like what you're going for though!

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 03-03-12 10:27 PM CT (US)     11 / 15  
In a week I think I will make a new entry about the second scenario and a short in-sight in the story.

So wait for it.

The reason because of this is that I forgot my laptop in the house of a relative, so I have to wait till next week we go to retrieve it.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 03-27-12 03:44 PM CT (US)     12 / 15  
Just to announce that I will cancel my project until I fix the issues with the scenarios of the campaign I've been having recently.

Perharps, I will leave it for a month or two, so I can get inspiration to continue.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 04-10-12 08:58 PM CT (US)     13 / 15  
Great. The images are good. It will be a good Campaign. Good Luck.

If you need someone, i'm here to help you gladly.

Greetings.
~Mephiles5~

P.S: Excuse me if i have a bad English. I use what i know of English.

P.S: Obviusly it seems that i'm not from the U.S.A. I'm 100% Mexican.
posted 04-15-12 06:43 AM CT (US)     14 / 15  
Speculation about the 'What-if's with history is always great. Looking forward to this project!
posted 04-16-12 08:26 PM CT (US)     15 / 15  
Cool!

Life is bleak
My memes are bleak
Once upon a time
I ate a lime
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Project Announcement: Alternate History of the Americas
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames