Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Short Poll + A Chance to Win a Bajazillion Cybercookies
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 07-14-04 00:48 AM CT (US)   
Here is a short poll. Okay, so it isn't really that short. The purpose is just to find out what's popular/most common with fellow Aok gamers/forumers. The questions are ordered by relevance to AoK.

For an example on how to respond to this poll, look at Post #3. Post #6 is also good. You can copy/paste the questions if you wish, just answer properly please. The question that is being most confused is #5. Also the videogame questions. Thank you!

01) Do you have the TC x-pack?

02) Is your OS: Win, Mac, or other? Version?

03) What is your processor speed? (There is a utility in the AoK CD, in the Goodies folder. Then enter the Machine folder. The program in there will show you your processor speed, and a whole lot of other stuff.)

04) What is your internet connection speed? (go here)

05) What are your favorite civilizations(note the "s") from each region/theme? (Middle Eastern, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia, Mesoamerican, did I miss any?)
Please give five (5) answers, one from each region/theme.

06) Which one (1) of these is your favorite style of custom scenario to play: B&D, FF, RPG, RPS, Puz. Please don't answer Mix, Otr, or None. That is why I clearly stated "which of these".

07) Which one (1) of these is your favorite style of custom scenario to create: B&D, FF, RPG, RPS, Puz. Please don't answer Mix, Otr, or None. That is why I clearly stated "which of these".

08) Name all videogame systems(non-computer) that you used to own, but no longer own.

09) Name all videogame systems(non-computer) that you currently own.

10) Which one (1) videogame system(non-computer) do you enjoy playing the most?

11) Which one (1) videogame(non-computer) do you enjoy playing the most?

12) Which one (1) computer game besides a game from HeavenGames.com do you enjoy playing the most?

13) Which continent do you live in? If you want to be more specific (country, state/region, city), feel free to do so, just as long as you name your continent.

14) What is your one (1) favorite genre of music that can be found on this list? (no sub-genres, free downloads, or today's deals in music)

15) What is your one (1) favorite genre of reading that can be found on this list? (no sub-genres, audio-anything, bargain books outlet, or e-books)

16) Who is your one (1) favorite music artist?

17) Who is your one (1) favorite author?

18) What is your one (1) favorite sport that can be found on this list? (if football, USA or soccer?)

19) Who is your one (1) favorite athlete from a sport on that list?

20) What is your one (1) favorite car manufacturer from each car manufacturing continent? (three (3) answers: One from North America, Asia, and Europe)

21) What are your favorite cars from each of those manufacturers? (three (3) answers)

22) In units of ten, what is your age range? (13-20, 21-30, 31-40, etc.) If you want to be specific, feel free to do so.

FINALLY, THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR:
23)Here is how you can get a chance to win a bajazillion cybercookies (5th contest question in the history of this poll) In my upcoming campaign, there are units renamed to mimic Toyota cars. I will type one at a time here, you just have to type up the actual name. Here is one of them: Turin O.

Well, okay then. Enjoy, and GOOD LUCK!

MAD PROPS TO ALL PARICIPANTS SO FAR(RED=WINNERS BLUE=RUNNERUPS):
Adder
Sir Wiedreich
Gordon B
LordThom
Lord_Fadawah
The_Prophets
Berserker Jerker
PaulC2001
Chewmen_zak
The_Cobra_81
famrex
Raptor the Good
kevingamer _AcX_
Colosseum
Parrotman56
Ornlu
aoc_freako
Brian Black
Quickfire

Evil_Viking
JesusFreak04
Marshal Gandalf
sharrkmaster
Simfish II
DarckRedd
josephschlimmer
X2Z
ax_man1
Sir_Matthias
ax_man1

ATTENTION ALL WINNERS: Once you win, you win. No repeat-wins. Sorry for any inconveniences. On second thought, I'm not sorry. How greedy of you! You are already guaranteed a bajazillion cybercookies!

*To be eligible to win, you must participate in this poll to the
fullest. (that means, answer every question in this poll) The originator of
this poll, RIPMKIV9398 1987, will not assume any responsibility for any
consequences that may, and probably will, happen to any participants of thus
said poll. By participating in thus said poll, the participant waives all
rights to take any action against poll originator, RIPMKIV9398 1987, for any
resulting consequence, including, but not limited too, headache, dizziness,
nausea, diahhrea, heart attack, constipation, stroke, weight gain, and death. Also eye strain.
Copying of other participants' posts will increase risk of
recieving the above symptons

M U S I C ! (& other random stuff)

[This message has been edited by RIPMKIV9398 1987 (edited 12-03-2004 @ 07:47 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-19-04 05:53 PM CT (US)     51 / 165  
01) Yes

02) Win XP Pro

03) 2,4ghz

04) 10 mbit/sec

05) Persians, Britons, Goths, Japanese & Mayans

06) RPG, RPS, FF

07) B&D, FF, RPS, Puz

08) NES (got stolen after a week), SNES & PS

09) A PS somewhere in a box, haven't used it for two years.

10) I have no idea

11) Same as above

12) Europa Universalis 2 & Far Cry

13) Europe

14) International

15) Nonfiction

16) Omid

17) Tolkien

18) Soccer

19) P. Nedved

20) Mazda, Skoda and Ford (although that is German-American)

21) Don't know

22) 13-20

None of us are free, one of us is chained.
posted 07-19-04 09:20 PM CT (US)     52 / 165  

Yes.

Windows XP.

03) What is your processor speed? (Win users right-click "My Computer". Click "Properties")

Pentium 4 Processor.

04) What is your internet connection speed?

How do I find this out?

05) What are your favorite civilizations(note the "s") from each region/theme? (Middle Eastern, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia, Mesoamerican, did I miss any?)

Beats me.

06) Which one (1) of these is your favorite style of custom scenario to play: B&D, FF, RPG, RPS, Puz. Please don't answer Mix, Otr, or None. That is why I clearly stated "which of these".

RPG all the way!

07) Which one (1) of these is your favorite style of custom scenario to create: B&D, FF, RPG, RPS, Puz. Please don't answer Mix, Otr, or None. That is why I clearly stated "which of these".

RPG all the way! (Again)

08) Name all videogame systems(ones that connect to a TV cept handhelds) that you used to own, but no longer own.

I own all, but some I do not play.

09) Name all videogame systems(ones that connect to a TV cept handhelds) that you currently own.

Age of Empires II: Age of Kings and Age of Empires II: The Conquerors.

10) Which one (1) videogame system(one that connects to a TV cept handhelds) do you enjoy playing the most?

Age of Empires II: The Conquerors.

11) Which one (1) videogame(from a videogame system that connects to a TV cept handhelds) do you enjoy playing the most?

Wha..? From a video game system that connects to a TV except handhelds?? I don't get it.

12) Which one (1) computer game besides a game from HeavenGames.com do you enjoy playing the most?

None. I live for AoC!

13) Which continent do you live in? If you want to be more specific (country, state/region, city), feel free to do so, just as long as you name your continent.

United States of America / California / Why do you wanna know?

14) What is your one (1) favorite genre of music that can be found on this list? (no sub-genres, free downloads, or today's deals in music)

Pop music.

15) What is your one (1) favorite genre of reading that can be found on this list? (no sub-genres, audio-anything, bargain books outlet, or e-books)

I don't really read books that much, but I pretty much enjoy adventurous books.

Michael Jackson, when he was little!

Don't got one.

18) What is your one (1) favorite sport that can be found on this list?

This list?? Anyway, I don't really like sports that much.

Question 18 gives you a clue.

20) What is your one (1) favorite car manufacturer from each car manufacturing continent? (three (3) answers: One from North America, Asia, and Europe)

Since I only know ones from North America, I can't answer it.

21) What are your favorite cars from each of those manufacturers? (three (3) answers)

Question 20 give you a clue.

22) In units of ten, what is your age range? (13-20, 21-30, 31-40, etc.) If you want to be specific, feel free to do so.

13-20. Turning 17 on August 12, 2004.

Quote:

I would really enjoy seeing the following people participate in this poll:

Aro and all other moderators and staff members
WildCardDoW
watchwood
Colosseum
Medieval Warfare
smokingfrog2
Tonto_DaVe
DarckRedd
reich
BattleSkill
Parrotman56
King Bob VI
zyxomma100

I'm so forgotten..

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ T H E F R E A K O ________
· Proud Forumer of AOKH ·

[This message has been edited by aoc_freako (edited 07-19-2004 @ 09:23 PM).]

posted 07-19-04 09:41 PM CT (US)     53 / 165  

Quote:

@zak: Once you win, you win. No repeat-wins. Sorry for any inconveniences. On second thought, I'm not sorry. How greedy of you! You are already guaranteed a bajazillion cybercookies!

Okay, okay. But I'm a growing child, I need the nourishment! I finished all those cookies already...

©hewmen_zak
Winner of the 2004 AoKH Best Newbie Award
.:AoKH*RMT*BibleGateway*R.I.P. Shiva*Firefox*Arsenal FC:.
posted 07-19-04 09:46 PM CT (US)     54 / 165  
Don't you mean you finished that bajazillionth of a cookie? You don't get them all until after a bajazillion bajazillion years. Just like in the real CA Lottery, where you get paid a million dollars over the course of 40 yrs. I think it's like something-thousand every year...

posted 07-20-04 03:42 AM CT (US)     55 / 165  
01) Do you have the TC x-pack? -Aye.

02) Is your OS: Win, Mac, or other? Version? -Linux Red Hat 9.

03) What is your processor speed? (Win users right-click "My Computer". Click "Properties") -2GHz.

04) What is your internet connection speed? -10/10Mbps.

Please give five (5) answers, one from each region/theme. -Byzantines, Celts, Goths, Japanese, Aztecs.

06) Which one (1) of these is your favorite style of custom scenario to play: B&D, FF, RPG, RPS, Puz. Please don't answer Mix, Otr, or None. That is why I clearly stated "which of these". -B&D.

07) Which one (1) of these is your favorite style of custom scenario to create: B&D, FF, RPG, RPS, Puz. Please don't answer Mix, Otr, or None. That is why I clearly stated "which of these". -RPS.

08) Name all videogame systems(ones that connect to a TV cept handhelds) that you used to own, but no longer own. -8 bit Nintendo.

09) Name all videogame systems(ones that connect to a TV cept handhelds) that you currently own. -SNES, N64.

10) Which one (1) videogame system(one that connects to a TV cept handhelds) do you enjoy playing the most? -SNES.

11) Which one (1) videogame(from a videogame system that connects to a TV cept handhelds) do you enjoy playing the most? -The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past

12) Which one (1) computer game besides a game from HeavenGames.com do you enjoy playing the most? -The Curse Of Monkey Island

13) Which continent do you live in? If you want to be more specific (country, state/region, city), feel free to do so, just as long as you name your continent. -Eurasian continent, Europe, British Isles, United Kingdom, Scotland, etc.

14) What is your one (1) favorite genre of music that can be found on this list? (no sub-genres, free downloads, or today's deals in music) -Classical.

15) What is your one (1) favorite genre of reading that can be found on this list? (no sub-genres, audio-anything, bargain books outlet, or e-books) -History.

16) Who is your one (1) favorite music artist? -NOFX.

17) Who is your one (1) favorite author? -Oscar Wilde

18) What is your one (1) favorite sport that can be found on this list? -Soccer

19) Who is your one (1) favorite athlete from a sport on that list? -Steven Thompson

20) What is your one (1) favorite car manufacturer from each car manufacturing continent? (three (3) answers: One from North America, Asia, and Europe) -Chevrolet, Honda, Jaguar.

21) What are your favorite cars from each of those manufacturers? (three (3) answers) -Chevrolet Corvette, Honda Accord, Jaguar XJ.

22) In units of ten, what is your age range? (13-20, 21-30, 31-40, etc.) If you want to be specific, feel free to do so. -21-30

23) Celica.

^~-.___.-*^'"\___|||___/"'^*-.___.-~^
~=-._.-~* Brian Christie *~-._.-=~
*-.._,-~"\__ __/"~-,_..-*
/__\

[This message has been edited by Brian Black (edited 07-20-2004 @ 04:20 AM).]

posted 07-20-04 04:15 AM CT (US)     56 / 165  

Quoted from Brian Black:

04) What is your internet connection speed? -10/10.

Please explain. What is 10/10? I've never heard of that. If you can explain this or rephrase, etc., you just might win...

posted 07-20-04 04:19 AM CT (US)     57 / 165  
Oh, bugger. Fixing it. Fixed. Well, that's the best I can explain about it, I just got it and installed it, before that I had 128Kbps ISDN.

/__\

[This message has been edited by Brian Black (edited 07-20-2004 @ 04:21 AM).]

posted 07-20-04 04:40 AM CT (US)     58 / 165  
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S . T O . B R I A N . B L A C K ! ! !

What did he do?
Brian Black was the second to correctly answer the prize winning questionn(#23), and met the proper requirements for eligibility in this contest(participating in this poll to the fullest).

What did he win?
Brian Black has won a bajazillion cybercookies!*

Once again congratulations! You(everyone but me and Brian) should congratulate him too, for this extremely amazing accomplishment!

The chance to win a bajazillion cybercookies is not over!!! After each time the quiz question(#23) is answered correctly, that question will change, and the person that answers it correctly will win a bajazillion cybercookies!

The rules that applied to this contest for a bajazillion cybercookies will be applied for all future contests, until further notice.

UPDATED PARICIPANT LIST AND QUESTION #23

Here is a fresh list of requested participants:

Quote:

I would really enjoy seeing the following people participate in this poll:

Aro and all other moderators and staff members
WildCardDoW
watchwood
Medieval Warfare
smokingfrog2
Tonto_DaVe
DarckRedd
reich
BattleSkill
King Bob VI
zyxomma100

Even if you are not on this list, if you haven't participated, you are most welcome to! Come on guys! Don't you want a bajazillion cybercookies?

*1/bajazillionth of a cybercookie will be given to
Brian Black, once a year, every year, for the next bajazillion bajazillion
years, after he claims his prize, which must be done in the next sixty seconds,
or the prize is forfeit.

posted 07-20-04 04:53 AM CT (US)     59 / 165  
My goodness, I won! Can I claim my prize in cash? What the... Cybercookies?! Oh, well. Thanks anyway.

/__\

[This message has been edited by Brian Black (edited 07-20-2004 @ 04:53 AM).]

posted 07-20-04 04:24 PM CT (US)     60 / 165  
yes
windows XP
03) What is your processor speed? (Win users right-click "My Computer". Click "Properties")
2 GHz
10/10 mbps
byzantine, goth, celt, mongol, aztec
RPG
RPG
08) Name all videogame systems(ones that connect to a TV cept handhelds) that you used to own, but no longer own.
N64
09) Name all videogame systems(ones that connect to a TV cept handhelds) that you currently own.
PS2
10) Which one (1) videogame system(one that connects to a TV cept handhelds) do you enjoy playing the most?
PS2
11) Which one (1) videogame(from a videogame system that connects to a TV cept handhelds) do you enjoy playing the most?
SOCOM 2
Solitare
North America
christian
christian
Sonicflood
Jerry B Jenkins
golf
tiger woods
ford, honda, jaguar
ford F-350, accord, XJ
13-20
23)Here is how you can get a chance to win a bajazillion cybercookies (3rd question in this history of this poll) In my upcoming campaign, there are units renamed to mimic Toyota cars. I will type one at a time here, you just have to type up the actual name. Here is one of them(this should be easier than easy): Cahmree
camry

(¯`*-._Quickfire_.-*`¯)
(¯`*-._HeavenGames_.-*`¯)
(¯`*-._AddictingGames_.-*`¯)
(¯`*-._My Site (sucks, huh?)_.-*`¯)
(¯`*-._9=9, therefore i am great_.-*`¯)
(¯`*-._winner of 1 bajazillion cybercookies_.-*`¯)
posted 07-20-04 04:26 PM CT (US)     61 / 165  
Can I get a cookie?
posted 07-20-04 05:41 PM CT (US)     62 / 165  
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S . T O . Q U I C K F I R E ! ! !

What did he do?
Quickfire was the third to correctly answer the prize winning questionn(#23), and met the proper requirements for eligibility in this contest(participating in this poll to the fullest).

What did he win?
Quickfire has won a bajazillion cybercookies!*

Once again congratulations! You(everyone but me and Quickfire) should congratulate him too, for this extremely amazing accomplishment!

The chance to win a bajazillion cybercookies is not over!!! After each time the quiz question(#23) is answered correctly, that question will change, and the person that answers it correctly will win a bajazillion cybercookies!

The rules that applied to this contest for a bajazillion cybercookies will be applied for all future contests, until further notice.

UPDATED PARTICIPANT LIST AND Q#23

*1/bajazillionth of a cybercookie will be given to
Quickfire, once a year, every year, for the next bajazillion bajazillion
years, after he claims his prize, which must be done in the next hour,
or the prize is forfeit.

[This message has been edited by RIPMKIV9398 1987 (edited 07-20-2004 @ 05:42 PM).]

posted 07-20-04 05:55 PM CT (US)     63 / 165  
i win? yay!

(¯`*-._Quickfire_.-*`¯)
posted 07-20-04 06:32 PM CT (US)     64 / 165  
I extend congrats to both Brian Black and Quickfire for winning!

©hewmen_zak
posted 07-20-04 06:40 PM CT (US)     65 / 165  
yes
windows XP
2 GHz
512 kbps
RPG
RPG
N64
PS2
PS2
SOCOM 2
Solitare
North America
christian
christian
Sonicflood
Jerry B Jenkins
golf
tiger woods
ford, honda, jaguar
ford F-350, accord, XJ
13-20
23)Here is how you can get a chance to win a bajazillion cybercookies (3rd question in this history of this poll) In my upcoming campaign, there are units renamed to mimic Toyota cars. I will type one at a time here, you just have to type up the actual name. Here is one of them(this should be easier than easy): CA Roller
Corolla
posted 07-20-04 06:52 PM CT (US)     66 / 165  
posted 07-20-04 06:53 PM CT (US)     67 / 165  
he copied my answers!
disqualify him!

(¯`*-._Quickfire_.-*`¯)
posted 07-20-04 06:54 PM CT (US)     68 / 165  
this is my entry that the viking (read: cheater) stole

yes
windows XP
2 GHz
10/10 kbps
RPG
RPG
N64
PS2
PS2
SOCOM 2
Solitare
North America
christian
christian
Sonicflood
Jerry B Jenkins
golf
tiger woods
ford, honda, jaguar
ford F-350, accord, XJ
13-20
23)Here is how you can get a chance to win a bajazillion cybercookies (3rd question in this history of this poll) In my upcoming campaign, there are units renamed to mimic Toyota cars. I will type one at a time here, you just have to type up the actual name. Here is one of them(this should be easier than easy): CA Roller
Corolla

(¯`*-._Quickfire_.-*`¯)

[This message has been edited by Quickfire (edited 07-20-2004 @ 06:56 PM).]

posted 07-20-04 06:54 PM CT (US)     69 / 165  

Quoted from Evil_Viking:

Jerry B Jenkins

Read Left Behind?

EDIT:

Quoted from Quickfire:

Jerry B Jenkins

Read left behind?

/// (¬, (¯\ (¯¹ ¯)¯ (¯) )¬,
\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

[This message has been edited by Raptor the Good (edited 07-20-2004 @ 06:56 PM).]

posted 07-20-04 06:57 PM CT (US)     70 / 165  
yes i read left behind. i have the first adult book and read 4 or 5 of the kids series

(¯`*-._Quickfire_.-*`¯)
posted 07-20-04 06:58 PM CT (US)     71 / 165  
Read the rest! They are great books!

/// (¬, (¯\ (¯¹ ¯)¯ (¯) )¬,
\\\ ==============
/// AoKH Forumer

posted 07-20-04 06:59 PM CT (US)     72 / 165  
the point is, he stole my answers, except for the internet connection speed!

(¯`*-._Quickfire_.-*`¯)
posted 07-20-04 07:00 PM CT (US)     73 / 165  

Quote:

he copied my answers!
disqualify him!

Normally, I would've said, "Maybe you two are long-lost twins or something." But there are way too many questions for them to be all the same. I say viking just copied and pasted all your answers.

Edit: Note to RIPMKIV, you listed Raptor the Good as Raptor the God. Might wanna change that...

©hewmen_zak

[This message has been edited by Chewmen_zak (edited 07-20-2004 @ 07:02 PM).]

posted 07-20-04 07:03 PM CT (US)     74 / 165  
thank you chewman
i doubt he even knows what some of those things are
example:jerry b jenkens

(¯`*-._Quickfire_.-*`¯)
posted 07-20-04 07:07 PM CT (US)     75 / 165  
Yeah, sure I copied but my answers are all legitimet(sp?) and there is nothing saying that I cant copy and paste somebody elses answers, therefore I win. Yay.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 7  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Short Poll + A Chance to Win a Bajazillion Cybercookies
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames