Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Euro 2008
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
posted 06-09-08 08:42 AM CT (US)   
I thought this definetly needs a thread.

Here I keep track of the games.

Group A: Points
Portugal: 6
Turkey: 6
Czech Republic: 3
Switzerland: 3

Group B: Points
Germany: 6
Croatia: 9
Austria: 1
Poland: 1

Group C: Points
Netherlands: 9
Italy: 4
Romania: 2
France: 1

Group D: Points
Greece: 0
Sweden: 3
Spain: 6
Russia: 3

Have your say: Who will win Euro 2008? Post it in bold, it'll be easier for me to see. Also, you cannot post the team you think will win after a quarterfinal is over (to make it more fair... :P). Later we can all praise the ones who guessed the winner.

Germany: Quaazi, Fattybryce, Andanu, John Mendl
Spain: Other White Meat
Italy: Basse
Portugal: Julius
Netherlands: Epic, Dead End, Murloc, Fenris

My sig will be for one week: "I am a big fat noob who thought that Italy would lose the euro" if Italy wins the euro.

That done, we just discuss the greatest sport on this planet or any other.

Morgoth Bauglir/Quaazi - BORINGMETAL HEADTWAT
Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.

[This message has been edited by Quaazi (edited 06-18-2008 @ 01:54 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-05-08 10:40 AM CT (US)     151 / 160  
I was supporting Germany. I really thought that we could manage the win. But we gave away the ball way too many times, and Spain took full advantage of that in bombarding us. Spain deserved it.
RoH? Haven't seen you here in years

MY NAME IS GWAME I AM AOKH MEMBER SINCE 2004 AND I HAVE MANY POSTS
BEST SIG OF 2008 AND 2ND BEST SIG OF 2009 (SAME SIG LOLOL)
BEST SIG OF 2008
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap music. If you're on of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.
"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^" "Gwame your sig ain't funny nomore." - morgoth bauglir"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
posted 07-05-08 06:07 PM CT (US)     152 / 160  
Germany: Quaazi, Fattybryce, Andanu, John Mendl

@ first i thought you all were German. This would be kinda cool, i am too. (I mean finding other forums with german agers)

Well, anyway. it was ovious when you saw the referee: ITALIAN! Also the one in the game vs turky: Didnt he look like all the turkish guys? Woo. HUGE SWINDLE
posted 07-05-08 10:42 PM CT (US)     153 / 160  
(Oh, that reminds me, if I ever start a toothpaste company the toothpaste will be called AcciDent.)
LOL! I'm gonna copyright that... and steal it from you!!

and then delete this post once I make millions from it!

I used to drive home after getting drunk, but I had to stop after some moms got "MA-D-D."
================================
I'm not gay, I just really love rainbows.
================================
===== Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't. =====
posted 07-06-08 03:49 AM CT (US)     154 / 160  
Well, anyway. it was ovious when you saw the referee: ITALIAN
I thought of that too, but only sometime in the game. Of course, I almost always think the ref's against Germany, but this time was kinda special.

Huidin's Belief - The Siege (4.4) - 2475 - Birth Of The Uruk-Hai (4.1) (Best Sound of 2008)
Signature currently under construction. If you want to help out and provide me with the resources needed, download from the above links.
posted 07-06-08 04:11 AM CT (US)     155 / 160  
Well, anyway. it was ovious when you saw the referee: ITALIAN! Also the one in the game vs turky: Didnt he look like all the turkish guys? Woo. HUGE SWINDLE
I think that hardly matters. If it really did, I think the referee would've preferred to rule against Spain since Spain knocked Italy out. This way or that, I hardly would call it a 'huge swindle'. (It was at worst a moderately sized swindle, if even that.)

"While I'm profaning I might as well do the whole f*cking thing."
-- Christopher Hitchens
http://soundcloud.com/adult-entertainment - Intriguing music! Made by me! (It's excellent!)
posted 07-06-08 01:52 PM CT (US)     156 / 160  
nonono. it was. Italians like spain better than germans anyway. FULL STOP(or DOT, or whatever you sai for ".")

but wait. you do accept that it is at least a "moderate swindle" (i somewhat like the word^^)?

-> I won=)
posted 07-06-08 04:18 PM CT (US)     157 / 160  
I get this every time Finland loses the ice hockey world championships. 'The referee this the referee that.' Truth is, Germany got plenty of free kicks and they pissed them. They were playing lazy and that's the story of it, SORRY DUDE. (Is there a reasonable explanation for the Italians liking the Spanish more than ze Germans?) I do accept that at points it might've been a somewhat to moderate swindle, yes, but I wouldn't put a full stop on it, more like a semicolon or a single quotation mark with an 'S' after it.

"While I'm profaning I might as well do the whole f*cking thing."
-- Christopher Hitchens
http://soundcloud.com/adult-entertainment - Intriguing music! Made by me! (It's excellent!)
posted 07-07-08 07:55 AM CT (US)     158 / 160  
They were playing lazy and that's the story of it
That happens when you've won too many championships.

-•|•- StormWind Studios -•|•- Blacksmith Files -•|•- Fabula Fatalis -•|•-

"No more gold lights for the queen earth to keep you warm in your kingdoms,
high on the waves you make for us, but not since you left have the waves come."

[This message has been edited by Andanu Trisatya (edited 07-08-2008 @ 09:37 PM).]

posted 07-08-08 03:44 AM CT (US)     159 / 160  
They were playing lazy and that's the story of it
That might even be true, since the final was pretty boring. I can't say Spain played any better, they just scored an extra goal.

posted 07-08-08 05:33 AM CT (US)     160 / 160  
nonono. it was. Italians like spain better than germans anyway. FULL STOP(or DOT, or whatever you sai for ".")
Umm, after having lived in Italy for a year, I can say that that is definitely not the case. Italy has much closer ties to Germany than Spain.

None of us are free, one of us is chained.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Euro 2008
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames