Bottom
Topic Subject: Renaissance: Official Release And Feedback Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
posted 12-25-06 10:58 AM CT (US)   

RENAISSANCE

An Unofficial Scenario Designer's Expansion Pack
Presented by Oliver, member of Tsunami Studios

Blacksmith Link

Along with the actual modification, you will also find a comprehensive readme document and an excellent
demo scenario by White Tree Paladin. Installation instructions included within the readme.

Post all feedback in this thread, please. Not all bugs will be fixed,
but major bugs are more likely to be taken care of than minor.

[This message has been edited by oliver (edited 04-20-2007 @ 10:04 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-27-07 05:38 PM CT (US)     176 / 266  

Quote:

I've added about 80-90% of all the suggestions I've read, and I'm pretty sure he's in there.

Thanks Oliver!

posted 02-27-07 08:24 PM CT (US)     177 / 266  
Not to presure you but how far back have you pushed the release date? Middle of March?
posted 03-01-07 03:10 AM CT (US)     178 / 266  
Great job oliver! Only problem is, the link doesn't work. I can't even go to box.net. The message still appears showing 'no shared files found'. could someone upload another link?

[This message has been edited by AgeOfHalberdiers (edited 03-01-2007 @ 03:14 AM).]

posted 03-01-07 10:23 AM CT (US)     179 / 266  
Go to post 157. A link is there.

Edit:
Just noticed something:

When ever I build a house in a regular game, the foundation gets places down and my pop limit goes up before the house is finished!

Just got one more idea for a hero: another monk except give him the Native American monk graphic. I'm tired of looking at the same old monk heros.

Darn, I can't wait for the finished product!!!

[This message has been edited by ebor_ebor (edited 03-02-2007 @ 11:18 AM).]

posted 03-04-07 08:30 PM CT (US)     180 / 266  
Anybody here have fixed the problem with the house being built as a garrisonable house yet? Oh and good job with the expansion hope you get some time to finish it soon.

Free courage please.
posted 03-05-07 01:08 AM CT (US)     181 / 266  
The garrisonable house completely messes up my Multi player, whenever I try to play, and I build a house, it crashes the game for the other person who doesn't have it, so sorry to say i've removed "RENAISSANCE"

  _ » Downloads_. . . .________             
                   _ » The Continuous Screenshot Competition_. . . .________         

[This message has been edited by Dark_Reign (edited 03-05-2007 @ 01:09 AM).]

posted 03-05-07 02:07 AM CT (US)     182 / 266  
This is a little old but this is the third time i enter on the scenario design forum sorry:

"Out of interest, I'm curious how many of you know how to handle GeniEd1 and how many would like to learn. Also, how many of you would like to contribute with new graphics, sounds and the like if you were given the chance?"

Hi if you want i can help designing graphics, i am tired to work alone in lotr mods since bome is like dead and some forumers like more the older work instead the new.
So far i made new 52 units and 400 buildings, they are finished but are concerning lotr so i believe
i have to make another type of graphics to fit with your mod if you want. This are some screens of my old work:
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1650/meduseldsm4.png
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6636/osgiliathdomees3.png
------------
I have a question concerning Renaissance, when i play a scenario and i have for example 40 units and later the 40 units was killed, the population don't goes down and i can't create new units because i reach the max population.
I am making something wrong?

Bye and thanks for your attention.
Forgive my english and the long post.

posted 03-05-07 03:31 AM CT (US)     183 / 266  
Hi Jorgito_aqua,

As of now there are no plans of making a community-centered expansion pack including new sounds, techs and graphics. However, it is very much doable and I'm sure we'll see people following in my footsteps who would like to coordinate such a project. Still, thanks for you offer. I love your pics.

As for that pop bug, it is a known issue and I touched the subject in post 152. I'm not sure what is causing this pop bug but my solution of creating new dead units with -1 pop for Renaissance's new units will eliminate the problem.

posted 03-05-07 04:38 AM CT (US)     184 / 266  
Oliver!'
Suddenly, your name has a very cool color.
How did you managed this?!

posted 03-05-07 05:37 AM CT (US)     185 / 266  
I unfortunately have a fake version of AOK:TC. Does that mean I can't use any mods or Renaissance?
posted 03-05-07 07:26 AM CT (US)     186 / 266  
How about an object that is the shadow taken from the TWAL. That would be cool, and we would be able to make like caves or something.
posted 03-05-07 09:11 AM CT (US)     187 / 266  
Huh. I was going to leave a long post in the modding section of the forum about a community expansion but I guess someone allready posted it. If you guys do decide to do such a thing, you should think about original content like fantasy stuff.

Still any rough idea on when the expansion will get done?

posted 03-05-07 11:10 AM CT (US)     188 / 266  

Quote:

I unfortunately have a fake version of AOK:TC. Does that mean I can't use any mods or Renaissance?

I suggested editing that post. *cough*

me
posted 03-05-07 01:11 PM CT (US)     189 / 266  
Hello oliver,
About that population bug, maybe this would work?

Quoted from Kor:

I took a look at the population bug yesterday, and after playing around with genied 2.2 I luckily managed to crack it; the problem was, as I suspected, with genied 2.3. There were a few interface changes in that last build, and one turned the enabler part of the store resource data into merely a check box, converting the figure, which should have been 2, into 1, for any unit that had been edited using 2.3; only when I opened up the file in genied 2.2 was I again able to see the difference between values 1 and 2, allowing me to fix it (which took me a fair while, as I had to check all civilisations).

[This message has been edited by WhiteTreePaladin (edited 03-05-2007 @ 02:51 PM).]

posted 03-06-07 05:30 PM CT (US)     190 / 266  
Hello Mazenzo, because you don't have a real AoK:TC, mods don't usually work,so my advice is to go to a shop quickly and buy a real expansion pack. Otherwise, the village people will quickly find you! Quickly, there isn't much time!
posted 03-06-07 05:53 PM CT (US)     191 / 266  
He's right. Just go to the store and buy the game. I saw both AoE and AoK and both their expansions on one disc for $10 at Wal-Mart.
posted 03-07-07 06:45 AM CT (US)     192 / 266  

Quote:

About that population bug, maybe this would work?

Splendid! I carried out some similar experiments myself, but when I couldn't find the problem I decided to go for the add-new-dead-units-wtih-negative-pop solution instead. This will save me so much work. Thanks WhiteTreePaladin! (And Kor of course )
posted 03-07-07 08:13 AM CT (US)     193 / 266  
Yup, getting my real version now. My exams were on, so I didn't really have time.

Just for G.K.: There isn't any WalMart where I'm from.

M a z e n z o

You can't say civilizations don't advance...
for every war they kill you a new way-Will Rogers
posted 03-07-07 10:12 PM CT (US)     194 / 266  
Either way, it should be cheap.
posted 03-08-07 02:03 AM CT (US)     195 / 266  
Mazenzo:
You are being officially warned for admitting to possess pirated materials, cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators in post 185 of this topic thread.

You may not encourage, discuss, link to, or post in support of activities, methods, and/or techniques involving piracy, cracks, multiplayer hacks, keys and key-generators.

Please read the Code of Conduct (COC) found by using the link marked "rules" at the top of this and every HeavenGames forum: http://forums.heavengames.com/support/tos.shtml

If you have any questions regarding our CoC, please contact any of our forum moderators via email.

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
"What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
"I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
posted 03-08-07 02:11 AM CT (US)     196 / 266  
Very sorry. I won't do it again.

M a z e n z o

You can't say civilizations don't advance...
for every war they kill you a new way-Will Rogers
posted 03-08-07 07:12 AM CT (US)     197 / 266  

Quote:

Splendid! I carried out some similar experiments myself, but when I couldn't find the problem I decided to go for the add-new-dead-units-wtih-negative-pop solution instead. This will save me so much work. Thanks WhiteTreePaladin! (And Kor of course )

Glad to know I could be of service. Pity Genied 2.3 has such a major bug, though - definitely needs fixing.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 03-08-07 01:40 PM CT (US)     198 / 266  
Wow. I've never seen Angel Anastasia warn someone on a forum before.

Who watches the Watchmen?
Still Cristian, proud of it, etc...
"You are an important piece of my puzzle..."
Impaled Saren, executed Illidan, bludgeoned Big Daddy, and exploded Gravemind. What now?
Repent! Xenu is coming! Or so Tom Cruise would have you believe.
Boom. Headshot. Yes, I play FPS's.
posted 03-09-07 02:28 PM CT (US)     199 / 266  
I know oliver probably fixed this but does anyone know why sometimes the necromancer shoots bolts rather than spawns guys when I attack an enemy?
posted 03-09-07 05:14 PM CT (US)     200 / 266  
Hi Oliver,

I just want to make a last minute mention of a few things:

• The Bastioned Wall, the military buildings that shoot arrows, the garrisonable house, and church, are always West European.

• The Bastioned Wall needs a fortified wall icon.

• The Garrisonable House cannot be rotated (rotation requires replacement). - not that important

• Please add range to the Meteor Summoner (or otherwise make it possible to use this effect for volcanos).

• Please unlock the flying dog (or make something like it because it allows the demolition ship explosion to be placed anywhere).

- Maybe unlock the beta ice too?

• The (future ) melee monk’s attack sound might need to be different from regular monks in order to make it more realistic (overall, he should still sound like a monk).

[This message has been edited by WhiteTreePaladin (edited 03-09-2007 @ 06:29 PM).]

• posted 03-10-07 02:12 AM CT (US)     201 / 266  
    ebor_ebor, I have the same problem with the Necromancer as well, i.e. its bolts don't summon minions when I try it. If I'm not mistaken, someone mentioned that it doesn't work with certain civilisations - I think the Britons are one of them.

I've also tried the Necromancer using Aztecs, Byzantines, Franks, Turks, Vikings... still no minions.

posted 03-10-07 03:03 AM CT (US)     202 / 266  
    Oliver has created another topic regarding this project and it is to be his last push for what will be the completion. http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,37388,0,10

"I take it that this is the Anastasia Scud pines for?" - Epic Commander
    "What Ana said. Use sugar and the whip." - aka the Pilot
    "I think you will realize the emphasis was on Ana and Cake." - Monk
    posted 03-28-07 10:08 PM CT (US)     203 / 266  
    Just wondering... Is reneissance really compatible with Trigger Studio, or is it just my files that are messed up somehow?

I got crashes anytime i went to the 'units' tab of TS, if it was a map with *any* reneissance units on it.

IMO its a fantastic modpack, though being unable to use TS with it is a big drawback for me

posted 03-29-07 05:03 AM CT (US)     204 / 266  
    After a quick check I can tell that Renaissance isn't at this state compatible with AoKTS. It is really not a problem with Renaissance though, rather with AoKTS (namely data_aok.xml). I'll talk to DiGiT about making a separate version for Renaissance, shouldn't be much trouble.

EDIT - I fixed it myself. You need to replace data_aok.xml in your AoKTS folder with this Renaissance-compatible file. If you don't want to lose your old .xml file, just give it another name.

Download data_aok.zip

NOTE: You need the latest version of AoKTS as well. It's 0.3.9 if my memory serves me right.

[This message has been edited by oliver (edited 03-29-2007 @ 05:43 AM).]

posted 03-29-07 07:26 PM CT (US)     205 / 266  
    Wow, thankyou very much Oliver!!! Renaissance+TS=great
    posted 04-04-07 07:20 PM CT (US)     206 / 266  
    LMAO!!!
    This rules! Inspired me to get making a lil game again!

2 things though! 1 funny the other just a bit annoying.. actually 3, but I duno if its related to this or not...

I have a villager to start walking around as my main char, but if I click him on a sheep (Shepard) oops!! he has a little sex change!!! XD

I cant place a portable barracks on the map with triggers (under buildings right?) that’s annoying cos it means I cant for example 'build one' with a trigger ect..

Not sure if its to do with this expansion or not.. but I did something to train units from the stable to become even stronger. It works just a bit wired like..
    It goes a little like this

Object in area = knight
    Create: Elite knight
    Object in area = Cavalry
    Create: Elite Cavalry
    Object in area = Paladin
    Create: Elite paladin

Note all units are horses from the stable upgraded
    Placed on the map these units work fine a knight will make a elite knight cavalry make elite cavalry and paladins ect..

In play units from the stable seam to ALL be treated as a knight?

This makes me wonder on about things like players 2’s knights and player 3’s paladins changing ownership to a player after being created at a stable then later asking the knights to go 1 way and paladins to go the other when all mixed up together using area effects or something similar..

I cant find a work around for this other than having 3 separate areas or a way to manly turn off the knight trigger and turning it into the cavalry trigger ect as I cant make it trigger something on learning the unit upgrade

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

posted 04-05-07 04:34 AM CT (US)     207 / 266  
    I have a villager to start walking around as my main char, but if I click him on a sheep (Shepard) oops!! he has a little sex change!!! XD

Yes, yes, I know about that one, it annoyed the crap out of me when I attempted to play a RM. Some of the villies even refused to gather meat from the sheep. It's one of them annoying GeniEd Enhanced Version 3 bugs. I think the only civ affected was Britons, but I could be wrong. Whatever, it's been fixed now.

I cant place a portable barracks on the map with triggers (under buildings right?) that’s annoying cos it means I cant for example 'build one' with a trigger ect..

You can. The problem is, for some reason the new buildings don't appear with their correct names in the trigger list. They simply appear as blank lines at the top of the buildings list. You'll have to use trial and error to find out which one of these blank lines represent the Portable Barracks. I think (haven't tested this, but it should work) you can use AoK Trigger Studio instead; just remember to patch it to work with Renaissance (see post 203 & 204).

As for the third question, it sounds more like a trigger problem than a bug within Renaissance. Having three separate creation areas sounds like a reasonable solution.

[This message has been edited by oliver (edited 04-05-2007 @ 04:36 AM).]

posted 04-05-07 12:42 PM CT (US)     208 / 266  
    Great thanks oliver your an aok god!
    tho sex changing villagers could make some very 'interesting' games XD

so were do i get the lastest verion then? or do i have it :P :P

[This message has been edited by Shumba (edited 04-05-2007 @ 12:45 PM).]

posted 04-06-07 05:24 PM CT (US)     209 / 266  
    Awesome work Oliver! Perhaps a crack (as in expert, not cracked) team of modders could be trained and standing ready to add new graphics for some of the units. I would be willing to help.

Pandemonium doesn't reign around here. It pours. - Unknown
    The only thing worse then beating a dead horse is betting on one. -Relient K

If you are a Christian and not ashamed of it put this in your signature.
    posted 04-06-07 06:28 PM CT (US)     210 / 266  
    It would be quite difficult to do that and it would require Oliver to remake the whole expansion. Nice idea though.

Who watches the Watchmen?
    Still Cristian, proud of it, etc...
    "You are an important piece of my puzzle..."
    Impaled Saren, executed Illidan, bludgeoned Big Daddy, and exploded Gravemind. What now?
    Repent! Xenu is coming! Or so Tom Cruise would have you believe.
    Boom. Headshot. Yes, I play FPS's.
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
    Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Renaissance: Official Release And Feedback Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames