You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Town's Crier
Moderated by Major Helper

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Fantasy - International Zodiac Job System Mafia Game Thread - Endgame: Party Win!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 23  Next Page »
posted 06-13-15 08:35 AM CT (US)   

IZJS Mafia is a 12 player game.
The game might contain roles you have never seen before, as well as some you may not have seen for a long time.
All role emails have the same structure:
1. A paragraph of prose outlining the backstory.
2. A few lines describing all game mechanics applicable to that player.
3. "You win with the Party" for all town players.

Rules:

My decisions in this game are final.
You are expected to understand and follow the rules.
Email any questions to popeychops@heavengames.com
Bold any part of your post that you want me to respond to, or I will ignore it.
Dates and times will be given in United Kingdom standard format [(dd/mm/yy), GMT+0]. EST = GMT - 5, PST = GMT - 7.
India = GMT + 5:30

Any random element of the game, such as assignment of roles, will be decided using assistance from Random.org

During Day phases, you may speak freely and vote for a person to be lynched, e.g:
Vote: Somebody.
If you wish to vote for another person that day, please:
Unvote: Somebody and Vote: Someone Else.
Giving names when you unvote will help me keep postcounts accurate.

You may not vote for yourself.

The Day phases will continue until a majority of votes have been placed on a single player, or to forfeit. If the day lasts longer than 168 hours (one week) I may end the day without a lynch if activity has slumped.

Night Phases follow Day Phases and will last between 48 and 72 hours, or until I receive every action.

During Night phases, you may not speak freely in the thread. Any posts I consider to impact the game may be punished as I see fit. Congratulatory messages are fine. Strategy discussion is not.

You may not communicate outside the thread, unless your role email permits you to do so.

Inactive players will be prodded and then replaced.

You may quote from your role email as much as you like, but all role emails will be written in the same format and will be of similar length. Anyone can lie.

Editing posts may result in a modkill. You have been warned.

When you are dead, you may not post in the thread beyond "good luck" messages. Failure to comply will result in punishments for your faction.
You may or may not be able to use your night action on yourself.

Follow the CoC at all times.

Have fun!

In Game:
6: Mr Wednesday - Ninja
10: Fornen - Tank
11: Blatant - Archer
12: Nowhere Excelsior mk II - lancer

KO'd:
1: Excelsior - Green Magician
2: Carolkarine - Red Mage
3: Gunkanchud - Hobgoblin
4: Defibrilator - Revenant
5: Dexter Fei - Black Mage
7: ColdCanuck - Wyvern Lord
8: Leif Ericson - Space-Time Warmage
9: Ashrzr Dexter Fei mk II - Merchant

Replacements:

CarolKarine
Leif Ericson

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile

[This message has been edited by Popeychops (edited 07-11-2015 @ 08:58 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-13-15 08:43 AM CT (US)     1 / 576  
The DVD spun in the drive. Suddenly, the screen flashed with the the developer's Emblem, transporting the player into a world of swordcraft and magick, where death lurked around every corner. The twelve beta-testers had been hand-picked from the winners of RPG contests around the globe. Would they manage to clear the game? And who would win first?

The players quickly completed the tutorial level, then assembled in the inn before the first quest. They would take some time to get to know each other. A surprise awaited them: all the other players registered as hostile NPCs. None could distinguish the names, classes, or levels of anyone else.

It is now Day.

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required to lynch.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 06-13-15 08:55 AM CT (US)     2 / 576  
oh joy, I forgot popey likes day starts.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 06-13-15 08:59 AM CT (US)     3 / 576  
It sucks to be the N0 kill.

A fair warning to the town: the scum have been given (a) fake role email(s) so that they can't be caught easily. They are as plausible as any of the roles present in the game.

posted 06-13-15 09:02 AM CT (US)     4 / 576  
Yeah, this will be interesting. The flavor seems to be pretty good so far.

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 06-13-15 09:05 AM CT (US)     5 / 576  
Also, one guess of mine is that each of the players have been given one of the twelve classes in the image in the topic post. If so, we of course don't know which classes are town and which are scum.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 06-13-15 09:08 AM CT (US)     6 / 576  
Sorry for the triple post.
A fair warning to the town: the scum have been given (a) fake role email(s) so that they can't be caught easily. They are as plausible as any of the roles present in the game.
Does this mean the scum have been given a fake character name, fake role, and fake flavor?

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 06-13-15 09:14 AM CT (US)     7 / 576  
They only have names and roles, but the flavour should be easy enough to fabricate. The 12 roles in the picture were only an inspiration for the game. It's just coincidence that the game has 12 players.

tl;dr, don't massclaim in the hope of catching scum out.

posted 06-13-15 09:30 AM CT (US)     8 / 576  
tl;dr, don't massclaim in the hope of catching scum out.
Good, I never did like that tactic.

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
Most Missed Forummer (FotY-2012)
posted 06-13-15 09:34 AM CT (US)     9 / 576  
Let's do this!

posted 06-13-15 10:46 AM CT (US)     10 / 576  
Good, I never did like that tactic.
I never did either. Having a massclaim didn't actually occur to me. :P

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 06-13-15 11:24 AM CT (US)     11 / 576  
Ok, if we don't mass-claim what's the strat?

posted 06-13-15 11:26 AM CT (US)     12 / 576  
Well, couple things.

Not a miller or survivor/third party/anything else like that. We should find our miller/survivors.

If we catch any town in a lie this game I am pushing for an auto lynch.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 06-13-15 11:32 AM CT (US)     13 / 576  
ah yes, not a miller nor survivor.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 06-13-15 11:36 AM CT (US)     14 / 576  
Solid strategy.

I am neither a survivor nor (knowingly) a miller.

Forummer of the Year, All in All Winner, Nicest Forummer, The Sebastien-Barbarossa Medal (FotY-2011)
posted 06-13-15 12:33 PM CT (US)     15 / 576  
I'm a survivor.

EE forever
posted 06-13-15 01:07 PM CT (US)     16 / 576  
I'm Neither.

Dexter Fei
Best Noob 2014 AOKH
"Doors are for people with no imagination."-Skulduggery Pleasant
_____v____v_V___________v______V___v________(\ /) _ (\ /) ____V___v_________v__V__________v___________
(O o) (o 0)
(> < ) (> < )
posted 06-13-15 01:15 PM CT (US)     17 / 576  
I'm not a miller or survivor
posted 06-13-15 01:33 PM CT (US)     18 / 576  
I'm neither. And yes, I probably should have looked around to see if it was a day start before I sent in my action. (Sorry, Popey)

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
posted 06-13-15 01:40 PM CT (US)     19 / 576  
If we catch any town in a lie this game I am pushing for an auto lynch.
Bah, you're no fun.

"It looks like a huge shark just took a bite out of Excelsior's ass"-Colonel Kyle Riggs, Star Force: Storm Assault
posted 06-13-15 01:52 PM CT (US)     20 / 576  
Claims so far:

Mr Wednesday - not miller or survivor
CarolKarine - not miller or survivor
NowhereT - not miller or survivor
Dexter Fei - not miller or survivor
Fornen - not miller or survivor
Excelsior - not miller or survivor

Ashrzr - survivor

Still keen for the other five players to claim any miller/survivor status, but otherwise I would suggest delving into Ashrzr a little more - what is your character's name? Do you have any ability/iron or are you just a plain old survivor?

posted 06-13-15 02:12 PM CT (US)     21 / 576  
Neither miller nor survivor.

´ `  |_\
______|______
 \        /
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 06-13-15 02:13 PM CT (US)     22 / 576  
Probably dealing with either a 3+1+8 or a 2+2+1+7 setup then. I expect this setup will be a bit nontraditional.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 06-13-15 03:43 PM CT (US)     23 / 576  
I'm not a miller or a survivor.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 06-14-15 07:15 AM CT (US)     24 / 576  
I'm neither miller nor survivor.

D E V A S T A T O R
Paradise Lost ~ Scored 1st in the ACSC12! ~ Voted Best Cinematic Scenario of 2013 ~ Official Rating: 4.7
Demon Town ~ Scored 1st in the HHC11! ~ "...as unique as an AoK scenario can get." - Panel ~ Official Rating: 4.2

Proud Member of BlackForestStudios
My AoE2 Youtube Channel
posted 06-14-15 07:24 AM CT (US)     25 / 576  
Neither Miller nor Survivor.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 23  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Town's Crier » Age of Fantasy - International Zodiac Job System Mafia Game Thread - Endgame: Party Win!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames