Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussion
Moderated by John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: RAGEOFEMPIRES IS BACK! also aoe2 question ;3
posted 04-19-15 03:44 PM CT (US)   
i forgot how i used to speak! like what diD I post before. if anyone remembers me comment I love you. nah im joking but my computer is really laggy and whenever I try to type in caps it always lets out a huge lag spike which messes up my typing.

AOE2 Question:
favorite unique unit and why
and worst civilization to be and why

Ok bros i love age of empires2 :3

Hey I'm back
Replies:
posted 04-19-15 04:05 PM CT (US)     1 / 9  
Moved to General and Strategy Discussion.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 04-19-15 04:07 PM CT (US)     2 / 9  
posted 04-19-15 04:25 PM CT (US)     3 / 9  
I love Huskarls, both for their looks and for their functionality. Goths are probably my favorite civ as well.

As for the least favorite civ, I agree with John. The Koreans are pitifully weak before Imperial Age.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 04-20-15 01:41 PM CT (US)     4 / 9  
I'd agree with HockeySam about Huskarls, they are definitely my favourite Unique Unit due to being very cheap and quick and reliable at taking down buildings, but the spot is closely followed by the War Elephant and Chu-Ko-Nu. Honestly though I don't play enough civs to accurately make a choice about a least favourite civ to play as, but to play against I think it has to be the Mongols. Siege Onagers and Mangudai are so annoying!
posted 04-20-15 03:23 PM CT (US)     5 / 9  
My favorite unique unit would be the Chu ko Nu. Their over powered volleys of arrows will literately blot out the sun.

The worst civilization in my opinion would be the Franks because they are easy to counter with Halbs.

posted 04-20-15 05:14 PM CT (US)     6 / 9  
My Throwing Axemen will destroy your Halbs.
posted 04-21-15 05:51 PM CT (US)     7 / 9  
personally I ahte Koreans in castle to, however they are powerful, their feudal tower rush is deadly, I have ended many players with it with easy even taken out 2 at once at times.

plus if ur vs Chinese or brits they are amazing to use in castle or even Vikings due to viks players usually go xbows and vs mayans.

also yes halbs get rekt by throwing axemen with such ease. a combo of rams knights and throwing axemen in a Frankish castle age army is a deadly sight to see. and at times can be hard to beat. knights counter anything that can kill TA, and visa versa. so while ur scrambling to make something to stop that army the rams are destroying everything in mere 30 seconds.

it can ideally be as deadly as a gothic horde rush in castle.

"In 1678 doctors diagnosed a mental affliction soldiers suffered from as 'nostalgia' - homesickness, a longing to return to the past. The cruel reality of war is that there is no return home. No return to innocence. What is lost, is lost forever. Like my father, war's wounds have bled me dry. No words of comfort; no words of forgiveness. No words at all."
posted 05-22-15 10:13 PM CT (US)     8 / 9  
Fovorite UU: For looks and funness to use, definately the berserk. For actual functionality, its gotta be the Longbowman, followed closely by the Huskarl and Mameluk. I also like Throwing Axemen TBH.

Worst civ, for me, has got to be the turks. Their pretty bad until imperial age. Also koreans are horrible on arabia unless they trush, but trushes are pretty easy to deal with unless your really outmatched.

[This message has been edited by Linestar (edited 05-22-2015 @ 10:14 PM).]

posted 05-22-15 10:52 PM CT (US)     9 / 9  
My favourite civilisation is the Koreans. Maybe I can't master anything other than Post-Imperial Sea Bombardment, but there's a reason:

Although their Turtle Ships are EXPENSIVE (sheesh, I think they cost more that the War Elephant?) they're also utterly deadly. People say you need Galleons as a backup: I just say you need a micro-manager and some flanking skills. If you're outnumbered 1:5 but you have them surrounded, you'll emerge victorious.

Plus, they make great anti-ram (and trebuchet) weapons on fords. They kill nearly all units in two hits.

Oh, and they're great meatshields for Cannon Galleons (though annoyingly Koreans can't get Elite Cannon Galleon).

They're slow, yes, but using good flanking you can manoeuvre to bash enemy navies.

It's also fun to troll (the AI in particular) by countering a War Galley Rush by stuffing about three Turtle Ships in your various docks, and then emerging them all at once. >:P

On the side of the War Wagons: They don't make good get-out-there fighters, as Halbediers massed in large amounts will do annoyingly high damage. Skirmishers are largely ineffective thanks to really high pierce armour.

And aside from cavalry, which I've never been able to use effectively (I leave them for two seconds and they're all dead) there's nothing they're BAD at.

My least favourite civilisation is the Franks. I have not found a single use for Throwing Axemen (yes, they're good versus other infantry spam but the problem is getting them in large enough amounts). Plus, their main bonus: Knight-line units have more health is a waste of time when it comes to Halberds, as Paladins don't actually have attack bonuses vs anything.
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussion » RAGEOFEMPIRES IS BACK! also aoe2 question ;3
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames