Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Jack of Hearts - chapter I: an untold story
posted 01-09-15 05:19 PM CT (US)   

ABOUT: JACK OF HEARTS

A minstrel, called by King Charles VII, will meet one of the greatest captains that France has ever seen during the Hundred Years War, and he will bring back to memory his history since the beginning.

ABOUT: CHAPTER I: An untold story

The firsts meaningful memories of Étienne de Vignolles, start when he tastes the thrill of killing a man. What happened before, is only foreignness to a homeland without incitements and lots of downed trees!
He's a giant of six and a half feet in height and he's only 18 years old. Under an angry gaze is hiding a hot-blooded Gascon illiterate and a bit childish, but very brave and generous, although sometimes unscrupulous.
He will soon discover that beyond his native land, there is a world for his need, a world of pure adrenaline, deathmatches and legendary feats.

HISTORY:

Charles VI was only 11 when he inherited the throne in the midst of the Hundred Years' War. The government was entrusted under the regency of the four dukes: Philip the Bold of Burgundy; John of Berry; Louis I of Anjou; and Louis I the Great of Orléans, who maintained their grip on Charles until he took power at the age of 21.
During the rule of his uncles, the financial resources of the kingdom, painstakingly built up by his father Charles V, were squandered for the personal profit of the dukes, whose interests were frequently divergent or even opposing. As royal funds drained, new taxes had to be raised, which caused several revolts.
In 1388 Charles VI dismissed his uncles and brought back to power his father's former advisers, known as the Marmousets. Political and economic conditions in the kingdom improved significantly, and Charles earned the epithet "the Beloved". But in August 1392 en route to Brittany with his army in the forest of Le Mans, Charles suddenly went mad and slew four knights.
From then on, Charles' bouts of insanity became more frequent and of longer duration. However, unable to concentrate or make decisions, political power was taken away from him by Louis of Orléans, the king's brother, and John the Fearless, Duke of Burgundy, the son of Philip the Bold.
When John instigated the murder of Louis in November 1407, the conflict degenerated into a civil war between the Armagnacs (supporters of the House of Valois) and the Burgundians.

FEATURES:

-Story based on extensive documentation.
-Realistic environments.
-Cinematics.
-Full RPG style.
-Main quests and Side quests.
-Inventory & Store.
-Sell & Buy items.
-Decisions to make.
-Different ways to win.
-Final score to note for next chapter.

SCREENSHOTS:

screenshot1.1
screenshot1.2
screenshot1.3
screenshot1.4

OFFICIAL PREVIEWS:

-Cinematic preview: HERE!
-Game preview: HERE!

RELEASE:

Jack of Hearts - I

[This message has been edited by King Leorick (edited 02-25-2015 @ 06:34 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-09-15 06:22 PM CT (US)     1 / 9  
Just curious- why the new project thread?

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 01-10-15 08:37 AM CT (US)     2 / 9  
Because in the first thread I've put all the project, that consist in a campaign with lots of scenarios, but it means to wait years before playing Jack of Hearts!!

So, I decided to upload every scenario, with a dedicated topic.
posted 01-10-15 08:59 AM CT (US)     3 / 9  
posted 01-10-15 06:02 PM CT (US)     4 / 9  
Yeah, you've found it!

His appearance reflects a lot the one of my Étienne de Vignolles!
posted 01-10-15 08:55 PM CT (US)     5 / 9  
Did you get my email?

~`o´~|\  Join the fresh and exciting AI Ladder for its fourth season!
´ `  |_\
       |    Learn the joy of AI scripting in my guide: The World of AI Scripting
______|______
 \        /
   .....Hinga Dinga Durgen! - SpongeBob
  `-=<.__.>=-´
posted 01-11-15 04:07 AM CT (US)     6 / 9  
@Leif Ericson:
Did you get my email?
Dammit! I'm so sorry, I've just seen the e-mail. Thank you!
posted 01-18-15 06:22 PM CT (US)     7 / 9  
>UPDATE!
added: more info, a new screenshot and the game preview!
posted 02-01-15 05:04 PM CT (US)     8 / 9  
>UPDATE!
The Chapter is finished! So, I need some testers before uploading the scenario. If someone is interested, mail me at:
makmail@alice.it
..including the username!

thanks to all!

[This message has been edited by King Leorick (edited 02-02-2015 @ 06:09 AM).]

posted 02-25-15 06:32 AM CT (US)     9 / 9  
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Chapter I is available!

You can download it HERE!

Have a nice game!
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Jack of Hearts - chapter I: an untold story
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames