Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Monsoon Studios
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-01-17 07:11 AM CT (US)   

Hello, everyone!
I am more than pleased to announce brand new Age of Kings design studios were formed under the name Monsoon Studios. The creators are Shuvro and yours truly and though the website is under construction, the official birthday of the studios shall be July the 1st.

If you wish to join, it is your lucky day, as the studios are free and open to everyone. However, I would ask you not to join for the sake of joining the studios, but to actively contribute to the growing of the studios’ name and power. If you think, you are suited for it, send me an email (greatartiste89(at)gmail(dot)com; also in my profile). In the mail please include why do you wish to join (be honest, no one shall be judged) and, if possible, some of your works, preferably with a link where they can be found. Please confirm that you sent a mail by writing in the replies, just in case anything happens and the mail doesn't reach its destination.

We seek members from the entire AoK design universe; Scenario designers, all kinds of modders, AI and RM scripters, etc. Remember that the most dedicated members may be promoted to the higher ranks of the studios.

Membership in the studios does NOT require you to participate in any group project if you wish not to, but it is encouraged. You are free to release works of your own, but any works that were made with the help of the studios require a proper credit and studios tag, that is yet to be confirmed.

Studios' logo, tag and other artwork is debatable and free to discuss between the members.

There are no problems if you are already a member of other studios. If it's okay with them, it's okay with us.

With the studios' webpage still under construction, your membership might be just on paper in the future days. As soon as the page is up and the forum done, you're in!

Feel free to ask any questions this might raise inside you, either by writing them here, or by sending them to my mail (also found in my profile).

I welcome all the future members!

Great Artiste, Monsoon Studios co-creator and leader

In addition, a message to the mods: I wrote it here as I am most familiar with SD Forum. If you find it suitable, move this to news instead

Co-creator and leader of Monsoon Studios

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

A drush is not a knockout punch; it is the first punch in a combo - Barbarossa

[This message has been edited by Mr Wednesday (edited 07-08-2017 @ 07:02 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-01-17 07:31 AM CT (US)     1 / 41  
Finally, a hint of competition!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 07-01-17 07:33 AM CT (US)     2 / 41  
I was waiting for a reply like this

You are kneeling with your tongue out? What exactly do you think is going to happen here? - Matt

posted 07-01-17 09:06 AM CT (US)     3 / 41  
Threads like this remind me of the 2000-2001 era of AoKH SD forum.

Best of luck to you guys at Monsoon Studios!

-•|•- StormWind Studios -•|•- Blacksmith Files -•|•- Fabula Fatalis -•|•-

"No more gold lights for the queen earth to keep you warm in your kingdoms,
high on the waves you make for us, but not since you left have the waves come."
posted 07-01-17 01:01 PM CT (US)     4 / 41  
Thank you very much Andanu

posted 07-01-17 02:58 PM CT (US)     5 / 41  
Hey, this is nice. I think this is the first new design team of the 2010s, or at least I can't remember any others.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
posted 07-01-17 05:02 PM CT (US)     6 / 41  
Monsoon eh? Almost like a storm...with wind.

Good luck to you guys.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 07-02-17 03:11 AM CT (US)     7 / 41  
Monsoon eh? Almost like a storm...with wind.
Seems like weather/nature is a common source of studio names...Tsunami, Stormwind, a type of forest, now Monsoon
Good luck to you guys.
Thank you

EDIT: Um does anyone know how I could contact Oliver? He has no mail in his profile... I browsed old threads and found out he was the one to do the beautiful SWS logo (correct me if I am wrong) and since we lack proper art skills I would ask him to do one for us too... if that's okay...

And the good news: The forum is up, a bit empty with no treads yet, but ready for the ones to come!

And maybe if this could make it to the news page so everyone could see it...please

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 07-02-2017 @ 07:49 AM).]

posted 07-02-17 05:56 PM CT (US)     8 / 41  
I could probably do one for you, if you had some idea of what you wanted.

I can also drop a news post, but that might get you a applicants of various quality.

"And Matt is a prolific lurker, watching over the forum from afar in silence, like Batman. He's the president TC needs, and possibly also the one it deserves." - trebuchet king
posted 07-02-17 09:07 PM CT (US)     9 / 41  
Woah you're forgetting MrMew studios. Been around for a little bit. If you want to join you can't. The team consists of me.

But this should be interesting.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
posted 07-03-17 01:47 AM CT (US)     10 / 41  
I could probably do one for you, if you had some idea of what you wanted.
Yeah I have the basic idea in my head, but though artiste, nothing I produce is good looking...
I can also drop a news post, but that might get you a applicants of various quality.
I'm fine with that, for we shall improve together. Just look at me? I have two campaigns of extremely low quality and a mediocre cinematic. Shuvro is the only one here with CONFIRMED quality with a 4.4 campaign
But this should be interesting.
Interesting like "look at what those people are doing" or "look what those people including me are doing"?

posted 07-03-17 01:58 AM CT (US)     11 / 41  
If you wish to join, it is your lucky day, as the studios are free and open to everyone. However, I would ask you not to join for the sake of joining the studios, but to actively contribute to the growing of the studios’ name and power. If you think, you are suited for it, send me an email
Great_Artiste, I won't actually ask if I can join Monsoon, if you want me you will have to ask me yourself.

AN EVIL TONGUE IS A MAN'S BANE.
(The above poster is right, did you know that?)
Proud associate of Monsoon Studios
posted 07-03-17 02:06 AM CT (US)     12 / 41  
My two cents:

I personally think it doesn't matter if unproven scenario designers with dubious quality flock to your design team, as long as they are nice people who are willing to learn and show the potential to be a great designer. At this stage you should focus more onto personality and activity. And age, perhaps. Those who are about to graduate from college may only have so little time left before life takes them away from AoK, and you wouldn't want members who are on the verge of disappearing into oblivion.
Seems like weather/nature is a common source of studio names...Tsunami, Stormwind, a type of forest, now Monsoon
AFAIK Tsunami chose that name since their members specialize on Oriental-themed works. On the other hand, I have absolutely no idea why Selim and Thunder decided that 'Stormwind' was the best name to use.

posted 07-03-17 02:35 AM CT (US)     13 / 41  
Great_Artiste, I won't actually ask if I can join Monsoon, if you want me you will have to ask me yourself.
Lildbehr/Little Berry in your divine greatness I ask, beg you on my knees, to join Monsoon studios, so that the light of your knowledge and power shines brightly over us.

What I wanted to tell with the message is that you don't need to be asked to join, but can give the initiative yourself I would be more than happy to see you in the team!
I personally think it doesn't matter if unproven scenario designers with dubious quality flock to your design team, as long as they are nice people who are willing to learn and show the potential to be a great designer. At this stage you should focus more onto personality and activity. And age, perhaps. Those who are about to graduate from college may only have so little time left before life takes them away from AoK, and you wouldn't want members who are on the verge of disappearing into oblivion.
I couldn't agree more. I wish this studios would be the beacon for the new designers, modders, AI&RM scripters (remember we seek them all!) people that seek enlightenment and want to improve. Together we can help each other achieve more. It's about teamwork. If SWS are studios for elder members () we wish to be a kindergarten. No one should ask himself "am I qualified enough? What will they say, when I tell them I haven't really done anything? I think I shouldn't join" WRONG. This is why you join. To improve yourself and help other improve as well.
AFAIK Tsunami chose that name since their members specialize on Oriental-themed works. On the other hand, I have absolutely no idea why Selim and Thunder decided that 'Stormwind' was the best name to use.
Maybe because it was predicted your works are going to bring winds and storms upon the poor reviewers trying to review them all?

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 07-03-2017 @ 02:39 AM).]

posted 07-03-17 02:59 AM CT (US)     14 / 41  
I would be more than happy to see you in the team!
Meh, I will wait for a while... Depending upon what sort of projects you have planned I will consider joining.

AN EVIL TONGUE IS A MAN'S BANE.
(The above poster is right, did you know that?)
Proud associate of Monsoon Studios
posted 07-03-17 03:01 AM CT (US)     15 / 41  
Meh, I will wait for a while... Depending upon what sort of projects you have planned I will consider joining.
I'll keep that in my mind

posted 07-03-17 03:28 AM CT (US)     16 / 41  
hey what up. I would like to join the studios. i am not an expert but i would like to be part of a designing team.

[STATEMENTS] - [ ( UPDATE IN PROGRESS ) ] [ progress bar ]: |███████████████ - [99%]
[ Decline and Fall of the Nameless Republic ] - [ progress bar ]: |██ - [56%]
[ De Origine Actibusque Getarum ] - [ The origin and deeds of the Goths ] [ progress bar ]: |███ - [60%]
''i'ts just a flesh wound.''
posted 07-03-17 03:57 AM CT (US)     17 / 41  
hey what up. I would like to join the studios. i am not an expert but i would like to be part of a designing team.
Welcome to the team c_p please check your mail for the forum link and registration!

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 07-03-2017 @ 04:00 AM).]

posted 07-03-17 06:02 AM CT (US)     18 / 41  
Interesting like "look at what those people are doing" or "look what those people including me are doing"?
The first one.
If SWS are studios for elder members () we wish to be a kindergarten.
More like its for the elderly and senile.

I was thinking up some names actually.

Slightly Damp Studios

Its Windy Out Studios

Mr Wednesday Studios - everyone but Wednesday can join

AoKH Studios - The best of 'em all.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
posted 07-03-17 06:30 AM CT (US)     19 / 41  
I have a feeling Matt would make his own studios to be in without anyone else. Wait! This sounds familiar...MrMew Studios

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 07-03-2017 @ 06:30 AM).]

posted 07-03-17 08:47 AM CT (US)     20 / 41  
Hi! Congrats for the nice initiative!

I am really tempted to join your project, but I am not really sure how much time I would be able to commit to it. I will think about that a bit more, and in case I will send you an email with a little presentation of myself and my previous works
posted 07-03-17 09:29 AM CT (US)     21 / 41  
I will think about that a bit more, and in case I will send you an email with a little presentation of myself and my previous works
I'll keep an eye on the upcoming mails

posted 07-03-17 02:56 PM CT (US)     22 / 41  
Well, who would want to join their own personal fan club anyway?

posted 07-03-17 03:26 PM CT (US)     23 / 41  
Mew? He is the only member of his personal fan club

Oh and cartoon_paperboy I've sent you the link and stuff to the mail that's in your profile, just in case you have more than one

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 07-03-2017 @ 03:34 PM).]

posted 07-03-17 03:59 PM CT (US)     24 / 41  
Co-creator and leader and Chief Joke-Explainer of Monsoon Studios

posted 07-03-17 04:31 PM CT (US)     25 / 41  
Send me an email of what you want for a logo and I'll come up with something this week maybe.

posted 07-03-17 04:54 PM CT (US)     26 / 41  
Also, news post.

posted 07-04-17 01:59 AM CT (US)     27 / 41  
I saw the news post, thank you, but I have a complaint Monsoon Studios combine SD, Modding and AI&RM community, hopefully working in all categories

I'll send you the mail for the logo, again, thank you for help
Co-creator and leader and Chief Joke-Explainer of Monsoon Studios
... you never know, some of us are a bit slow...

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 07-04-2017 @ 02:00 AM).]

posted 07-04-17 03:46 PM CT (US)     28 / 41  
I sent you a mail
posted 07-05-17 02:18 AM CT (US)     29 / 41  
DelCrosB has joined Monsoon.

posted 07-07-17 06:50 AM CT (US)     30 / 41  
Cactiguy joined Monsoon Studios!

We have five members so far and many places still open!

[This message has been edited by Great_Artiste (edited 07-07-2017 @ 06:50 AM).]

posted 07-07-17 07:40 AM CT (US)     31 / 41  
I should have a logo for you by the weekend.

posted 07-07-17 07:45 AM CT (US)     32 / 41  
Thank you very much

posted 07-08-17 07:04 PM CT (US)     33 / 41  
Took the liberty of seeing what it would look like in the topic...I can take it out if you end up going with something else.

posted 07-08-17 07:26 PM CT (US)     34 / 41  
Looks pretty slick to me, NJ Mr Wednesday

And good luck with the studio here great_artiste, just be sure not to end up like the rest of the studios that came before

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
posted 07-08-17 07:54 PM CT (US)     35 / 41  
Awesome banner Matt, but... Papyrus?

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Monsoon Studios
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames