Scenario Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, Mr Wednesday

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Galderton Hill RP - Project Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 12-30-14 12:19 PM CT (US)   

In the tumultuous and dangerous land of Verstonia, the wrathful gods favor the one who builds a shrine in their honor on Galderton Hill

Brought to you by HockeySam18, Popeychops, Lord Basse, and Jan dc

A joint Stormwind Studios and BlackForest Studios production

Download it at the Blacksmith here!

General info:

Inspired by "The Seas of Egressa" and "Mare Nostrum", "Galderton Hill" is a roleplay (RP) scenario that is not your everyday game of AoK. Taking the reins of power of one of 8 factions, you must tend to the growth of your empire, conduct diplomacy, foster commerce and trade, and plot your path to hegemony. There is a set of rules governing one's actions with regard to diplomacy, expansion, and warfare that must be enforced and followed by all players. Punitive power lies with the host should grave infractions be committed, but let us hope that things do not come to that!

This scenario is designed in AoC (UserPatch), but will be playable in AoC, AoE2HD, AoF, and AoAK for maximum compatibility across the various versions of AoK.

Context:

The map quite literally centers on the grand stone city of Aldria, an ancient power that dominates the land of Verstonia. Though once a noble and righteous people, the Aldrians, through excessive wealth, decadence, and fear of mortality have given themselves over to the worship of dark powers that offer immortality in return for service. Fallen into superstition, cruelty, and the oppression of their vassals, the Aldrians undertake a mad initiative in the name of their gods: bleeding the land and people dry of resources to build grim shrines and thereby demonstrate their malevolent piety.

Though no faction is at war at the start, this aggressive quest will force all players to action, whether for the sake of self-preservation or in spiritual opposition to the dark powers controlling the Aldrians and threatening the existence of Verstonia. Through strong leadership and shrewd diplomacy, you must grow your empire and achieve your objectives in a world twisted by ambition and betrayal.

Contrary to most RP maps, this map is not centered on an ocean, and so will be dominated by land trade and warfare. Nonetheless, it is divided by several rivers, so investing in water-based trade may be wise and maintaining a small protective fleet would be wise. Furthermore, your civilizations will not play as they would in a normal game of AoK. Certain technologies, units, and even unit lines have been disabled for certain factions to balance the game and drive players away from conventional play.

The players and their motives:

The great city on Galderton Hill:

Player 1: Aldria; Britons: situated on Galderton Hill and dominating the surrounding landscape, Aldria is protected by formidable stone walls and steep cliffs encircled by a deep, wide moat. As the major city in the region, it is the center of commerce and much trade passes through the three massive causeways leading into the city. Aldria wants to maintain control over its three vassals and through domination of the region secure the resources necessary to construct four grandiose shrines (wonders) in the center of the city.

The three subservient vassals:

Player 2: Voringia; Franks: Aldria's northern vassal, Voringia is rich in resources and holds much fertile land. Their prosperity often makes them the target of mounted Valan raiders pouring out of the north. In response to this threat, the Voringians have developed a potent heavy cavalry force backed by imposing axe throwers. Their goal is to end their exploitation by the Aldrians and defend themselves from nomadic invasions.

Player 3: Lindshire; Teutons, or optionally Slavs if playing AoF: situated to the southwest of Aldria, Lindshire is weary of Aldrian control and of the three vassals will most aggressively seek independence. Although the subject of raids from the Sundsvars and Thorsfoldings on their borders, the Lindish have lately improved relations with their nomadic neighbors and may attempt to form a political union with them, establishing a rival empire.

Player 4: Rovion; Byzantines, or optionally Italians if playing AoF: is of the three vassals the most loyal to the city, being governed by a minor branch of the royal family of Aldria. The Rovionese live in constant fear of the Morathians, with whom they have poor relations and rely extensively on the Aldrians for protection. Incredibly pious, the Rovionese are obsessed with gathering holy relics and are fanatically opposed to the dark powers. When the seeds of rebellion are sown, Rovion must choose between its bond with the city, the welfare of its people, and its staunch piety.

The four outlying nomadic factions:

Player 5: Valon; Huns, or optionally Magyars if playing AoF: a confederation of nomadic horsemen bred in the wastes of the dreaded Valonian desert, the Valans sweep out of the north and have set their eyes on the rich, fertile lands south of the barren Mountains of Geroth. They are not whatsoever religious but have a fierce love of gold and are intent on plundering the riches of the major powers, as well as acquiring arable land that can sustain their people.

Player 6: Morath; Mongols: nomadic horsemen of the east famed for their cruelty, the Morathians are fervent worshipers of the dark gods, the antithesis of the Rovionese and their worst enemy. Above all, they wish the destruction of Rovion and the other vassals of Aldria. However, they view the Aldrian worship of the dark gods as heretical because the Aldrians seek to demonstrate piety through erecting marvelous structures and promoting order rather than destruction and chaos. The Morathians have a unique choice - will they pursue the destruction of all other nations through military might, or assimilate and join the power struggle through more peaceful and diplomatic means?

Player 7: Sundsvar; Goths: once secretive, indigenous woodsmen, the Sundsvars have now revealed themselves and emerged as a formidable fighting force, laying claim to the western marches of Verstonia. Normally a peaceful people, they are nonetheless vicious when provoked and should not be taken lightly. Their primary goal is a political union with Lindshire and maintaining independence from Aldria in the hope of establishing a merchant republic.

Player 8: Thorsfold; Vikings: the wildcard of the scenario, the Thorsfoldings have no part in the religious tumult of the region, worshiping the Aesir (Norse gods) instead. They have a love for battle and are fearsomely strong warriors, but above all wish the peace and prosperity of their people. Though their holdings lie in and just outside the snowy Mountains of Lundmark, they find the rich land of Verstonia much to their liking. Should conflict arise, they will have to pick a side and fight or risk being trapped and forgotten in the resource-poor south of the map.

Screenshots:

The Citadel on Galderton Hill | Thorsfolding Village | Sundsvarn Forest | Valan Camp | Raven's Crag | The Morathian Steppe | An idyllic setting | A trade caravan | Lindish fortress
A crumbling temple to the gods of old | The Count of Rovion surveys his town | Voringian town | The Sundsvars have hastily erected a camp | A rural fortress

More coming soon!

Designing progress:

Map design: ~100%
Triggers: 100% (a healthy total of 66, believe it or not!)
Sound & Bitmap: 100% (a whopping 1 sound )
Story, Instructions & History: 100%
Overall: 100%

Playtesting:

Now that the scenario has been released, there is no longer need for playtesting, but the efforts of the numerous playtesters (see the credits list in the scenario) are much appreciated. Naturally, if you should decide to play the map with your friends, any feedback is welcome!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

Storm on the Steppe | Galderton Hill RP | Proud member of Stormwind Studios

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.

[This message has been edited by HockeySam18 (edited 07-10-2017 @ 10:32 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-15-15 10:20 PM CT (US)     71 / 108  
I would love to help play test this. Just let me know in advance when you plan to get together.
posted 12-16-15 00:32 AM CT (US)     72 / 108  
I volunteer as tribute!

[This message has been edited by Knaber (edited 12-16-2015 @ 00:33 AM).]

posted 12-16-15 09:20 AM CT (US)     73 / 108  
For testing we can do either CD or HD, though with the OOS issue plaguing HD as of late we might have to stick with the CD version if we want to finish a game.

The match that ZeroEmpires streams will almost certainly be played on Voobly, though. Only Voobly allows 8 players + spectators, which will be integral to having Zak commentate the match, and it's far less buggy besides.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

"Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; ek veit einn at aldri deyr, dómr um dauðan hvern." - Hávamál 77.
posted 12-16-15 01:25 PM CT (US)     74 / 108  
You can use the specator mode without Voobly, too. However, setting up a game using it should be easier than direct IP, due to the messaging, the automatically patched game, etc.
posted 12-17-15 09:32 AM CT (US)     75 / 108  
Indeed. For a variety of reasons it's far and away the best option we have for this situation.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 12-21-15 07:17 PM CT (US)     76 / 108  
Map design is done. Just a few triggers to go and the map should be all ready for testing!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

[This message has been edited by HockeySam18 (edited 12-21-2015 @ 07:17 PM).]

posted 12-21-15 07:36 PM CT (US)     77 / 108  
Wow, you have been busy on this!

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 12-22-15 00:05 AM CT (US)     78 / 108  
I'm rarely able to design maps so quickly while maintaining a high level of quality, but I guess there's something about having only a couple free days to design every few months that makes for a lot of inspiration. In what's realistically been about 7 days over the past 3 months, I've essentially filled in most of a 255x255 map

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 12-22-15 05:33 PM CT (US)     79 / 108  
Another screenshot, this time showing some of what I've been doing with triggers to enhance the scenery:

A rural fortress

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 12-24-15 07:34 AM CT (US)     80 / 108  
The damaged walls look great!

For some reason, the scorpions fit it a lot, better than other siege weapons would have done.
posted 12-24-15 08:04 AM CT (US)     81 / 108  
I liked them because ballistae seem rather imposing from a hilltop and are good at defending narrow corridors. Historically-speaking, they're the most defensively-purposed of all the AoE2 siege weapons - rams, mangonels, trebuchets, and cannons were all primarily used for tearing down fortresses, not for defending them, but ballistae were often used on either side of a siege.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 12-24-15 11:35 PM CT (US)     82 / 108  
Today I finished up the triggering (for a final count of 64, mostly due to implementing the 8 unique victory conditions), added the (single) sound effect that is to be played via triggers, and finished up the scenario instructions and guidelines while getting the outline of the backstory together. Tomorrow morning, I plan on writing up a quick companion document to explain the backstory and provide some context.

I'd love to get a test match or two going tomorrow. Is anyone game?

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 12-24-15 11:42 PM CT (US)     83 / 108  
I'd be glad to go on, but it's not a problem that I don't have UP, right?

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 12-24-15 11:54 PM CT (US)     84 / 108  
I didn't use any of the new UP triggers, so it's as if the scenario was designed in 1.0c. It should be fully compatible with both the CD and HD versions of the game. I figured I'd host the first testing game on Steam tomorrow - it's been a long time since we've had Weekend Warriors, and how better to bring it back than with a Saturday-Sunday double-header!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 12-25-15 05:23 PM CT (US)     85 / 108  
Thanks everybody for helping out with the testing! I'm about to make some balance and design tweaks based on feedback and things I noticed from the testing match. Here's a list of some of the things planned:

Bugfixes:
- Disable the Cannon Galleon tech for the Britons (P1). Cannon Galleons are already disabled for them, so having the tech there is useless and just a red herring.

- Replace the starting archers of the Franks (P2) and Teutons (P3). They cannot upgrade them so it makes no sense to have them in the first place.

- Rename the starting monastery of the Byzantines (P4). It's an important location referenced by the lore, but people won't recognize that if it isn't renamed

- Implement warnings for when the Britons (P1) build their second and third wonders (there is already one for the first, but there should be some for the others).

- Disable the Warwolf tech for P1 (Britons). Their trebuchets are already disabled, so there's no point in leaving that tech available.

Balance tweaks:
- Disable demos for the Britons (P1). I planned to do this earlier, but forgot. They're just too OP when defending those causeways.

- Disable gates and palisades for the Britons (P1). I had already disabled their stone walls; not doing the others was just negligence on my part.

- Disable the Teuton (P4) Bombard Cannons. I somehow forgot to do this.

- Give Purple (P5) some indication of where to build a TC at the start. Otherwise they can lag behind severely.

- Add more wood to the area near Purple's start, and give them some more starting wood in their stockpile as well.

- Disable additional Town Centers for the Britons (P1). They should not be allowed to boom outside the city, but instead be forced to focus on fishing and trade. Due to the way the game works, they will be able to rebuild a Town Center if they lose all of them, though.

- In line with the above, assure that the Franks (P2) have some sort of control over the forest to the west of their base. P1 should not be able to dominate that region, as it becomes a bit gamebreaking.

- Give P4 (Byzantines) a starting dock to help them start a bit faster.

- Cut down on or add extra starting units for certain players.

Please let me know if there's anything that I missed!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 12-26-15 10:10 AM CT (US)     86 / 108  
I'm hoping to get another test match or two in today. Let me know if you're interested!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 12-27-15 06:10 PM CT (US)     87 / 108  
played before a round with you guys, was an intresting game (never played a RPG before) map and object placement are high quality, well done.
for someone that never played a RPG before and want to play one day a RPG read the hints (i just skim through before but i've read them now all)
its important to read them that you know what you have to do to not see a surprise ^^ in the game i played it was suddenly over and i didnt know why lol
sad i wasnt able to play the rehosted game due a lobby issue at that moment: http://steamcommunity.com/app/221380/discussions/0/458604254439290689/

[This message has been edited by gag2000 (edited 12-27-2015 @ 06:10 PM).]

posted 12-27-15 07:41 PM CT (US)     88 / 108  
Fun games so far, although p5 with the gold victory proved quite sneaky, while the aggression goals (p2/p6) seemed really hard.

I have the following ideas:

- Limit the area where p7 has to clear p2 from, otherwise p2 can just send a unit to an allied city for protection, denying p7 of the victory for certain. (Also, it makes no sense for p2 to still block the river trade when being far away and gone from the area.)

- Similarly could be done with p2's condition, bringing the nomads to a state of defeat instead of fully requiring them to be out of the game. (Can't call them a threat with just a few units or buildings left, and the same problem as for p7 can exist.)

- Boost yellow a lot, and increase the wood in the surrounding area. P6 just can't win a conquest victory without prompting alliances against him, so he must have the best military. Perhaps 200 population as the pop limit for everyone but p1/p6 would be a good change.

- Make it so that when one of the "Marchwardens" of p1 dies, the morale effect is limited to the area he belonged to. Having it affect all the map can lead to some funny stuff when you lose all 3 marchwardens and the king (10 HP longbowmen)

Edit:

- Change the "4 objects in area" trigger of p1 wonders/p4 castles to 4 "1 object in area" triggers of the specific locations. Otherwise it's possible to clump the required buildings onto the hill, making the defense much easier. (Even though deleting an accursed tower would make me sad.)

[This message has been edited by John the Late (edited 12-27-2015 @ 09:45 PM).]

posted 12-27-15 11:38 PM CT (US)     89 / 108  
@Gag2000: I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's definitely important to read the hints. You raise a good point, though - it can be pretty daunting to have to absorb all of that material ingame. I'll put together a separate PDF with the rules, special features, and victory conditions so that people have an easier time reading up beforehand rather than having to cram it all ingame.

@John: Nice ideas! I thought of a few others as well that I'll add as I update the scenario tonight.
p5 with the gold victory proved quite sneaky
This is the most problematic thing at the moment, I think. Even with the warnings, P5 can stockpile a ton of gold very easily through trade, relics, booming, and the razing feature. In the game where I played as P5, I ended up gutting most of the city almost singlehandedly, which was easily worth at least 100 razings (10k gold!). I think the solution I'm going to settle on is as follows:

P5 is required to accumulate 60k gold. When this happens, it activates a trigger where a wonder of theirs built on the summit of the hill in the city wins them the game. This way, they will be able to spend their gold once they have accumulated 60k (which will be necessary when people start to dogpile them) and can focus on the wonder without having to fear dropping below the gold count. The idea is that they'll be building a monument to display their wealth, but in a different manner than P1 - instead of building beautiful structures, P5 just wants to create a gold hoard in a manner similar to a dragon
- Limit the area where p7 has to clear p2 from, otherwise p2 can just send a unit to an allied city for protection, denying p7 of the victory for certain. (Also, it makes no sense for p2 to still block the river trade when being far away and gone from the area.)

- Similarly could be done with p2's condition, bringing the nomads to a state of defeat instead of fully requiring them to be out of the game. (Can't call them a threat with just a few units or buildings left, and the same problem as for p7 can exist.)
I'm not sure how I feel about this. While it could help avoid potentially annoying situations, leaving things as they are also creates interesting situations where P2/P7 is prompted to take aggression against the player harboring the refugees. Having to achieve the absolute defeat of a player is also more realistic - similar to the concept of exiled royalty (an oft-exploited theme in modern literature, but a very real historical situation), one's rule is not truly secure until all rival claimants are disposed of. Besides, the current setup tends to promote a greater level of variety, while having to just clear a player from a certain spot might just have the effect of streamlining things.
- Boost yellow a lot, and increase the wood in the surrounding area. P6 just can't win a conquest victory without prompting alliances against him, so he must have the best military. Perhaps 200 population as the pop limit for everyone but p1/p6 would be a good change.
Definitely agreed on the pop limit, but I think I'll keep the wood as is. This encourages early aggression from the yellow player, who will want to expand before the entire map is deforested. I want to be careful with how much I buff this player, though, given the lategame power of the Mongols. Elite Mangudai are already filthy overpowered, even more so in games with unacceptable amounts of lag (i.e. every game played on HD ever ) where it's impossible to properly get your paladins to the enemy lines because they keep freezing and stuttering.

Alternatively, I might decrease P6's population down to 200 as well, but change their victory condition to just be defeating the "civilized" factions (P1/2/3/4). I suspect that this might do a better job of solving the real problem - that going 1v7 (even if fighting them one by one) just isn't feasible. It's in everybody's best interests to just kill that player off instead and continue playing. If they only have to defeat the city and vassals, then that opens the door for alliances with the other nomads, which will make things a bit more fair. Depending on the situation they may have to fight the other nomads as well if they are threatening their own unique victory, but I'd like to solve the "us vs the world" issue that P6 currently faces.
- Make it so that when one of the "Marchwardens" of p1 dies, the morale effect is limited to the area he belonged to. Having it affect all the map can lead to some funny stuff when you lose all 3 marchwardens and the king (10 HP longbowmen)
This was actually intentional - especially for the city, whose situation in terms of gameplay and plot is rather precarious, losing all of their heroes (leadership) should be catastrophic. The obvious downside is that the city may retreat its heroes into its central fortress, but I think this is probably unavoidable either way.
- Change the "4 objects in area" trigger of p1 wonders/p4 castles to 4 "1 object in area" triggers of the specific locations. Otherwise it's possible to clump the required buildings onto the hill, making the defense much easier. (Even though deleting an accursed tower would make me sad.)
I initially did this to not punish players who accidentally placed the wonders a tile or two off of the intended spots, but I can probably do what you suggested with just a slightly increased area to avoid this issue. Good call

I'd also like to find a solution that prevents players from exploiting the placement of single wall pieces to block the wonder/castle sites, but it's probably not worth the trouble. There's also no way to detect unfinished/partially built walls (or buildings in general), so there's probably no way to comprehensively do this.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 12-28-15 01:55 PM CT (US)     90 / 108  
From what I saw the map looked exceptional. Our game tonight highlighted the importance for everyone to stick to the rules though.
posted 12-29-15 09:03 AM CT (US)     91 / 108  
Thanks, D_E. And indeed, that was unfortunate. It's a shame you weren't able to join in the game we played immediately afterwards, though, as it ran much more like a RP is supposed to (regarding player behavior) and was much more fun as a result.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 12-29-15 10:57 AM CT (US)     92 / 108  
To be fair, there's not much else to do for the player in slot 2 (blue). His goal is to exterminate all 4 nomadic factions, and sitting around on 200 population doing nothing doesn't give him anything. And I believe he did formally declare war, at least.

The players 2 and 6 don't have anything else to aim for but the destruction of either the 4 nomads (p2) or the 4 civilised people (p6). And seeing how it was your goal (p7) to kill p2, his action was understandable. :/
posted 12-29-15 12:00 PM CT (US)     93 / 108  
Fair point, but RP is a more casual genre of gameplay and is played mostly for fun. I can understand the frustration when somebody expecting that (and playing more casually as a result) is attacked by a player who is more familiar with the RM style of gameplay (and has thus played faster and has a tech advantage) and I can see why that's not fun for everybody. Ideally, that sort of situation should be resolved by the intervention of the other players.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 12-29-15 01:24 PM CT (US)     94 / 108  
To be fair, there's not much else to do for the player in slot 2 (blue). His goal is to exterminate all 4 nomadic factions, and sitting around on 200 population doing nothing doesn't give him anything. And I believe he did formally declare war, at least.

The players 2 and 6 don't have anything else to aim for but the destruction of either the 4 nomads (p2) or the 4 civilised people (p6). And seeing how it was your goal (p7) to kill p2, his action was understandable. :/
The rules clearly state that actions of war need to be proportionate. This fellow sent a scout to my base, was attacked and received a warning. He then returned with the scout to the same area and got killed. Got mad, issued ridiculous claims (requiring me to leave the forest directly adjacent to my base) and attacked my base with a large army when I refused.

Additionally, the rules clearly state that players need to RP claims. I claimed a certain part of the forest early on, only to have this fellow completely ignore this claim by issuing a counterclaim, refusing to acknowledge my earlier claim. This counterclaim was then supported by you John, after which we established that I would have the section of the forest directly next to the road. I proceeded to build palisade walls on MY side of the road, only to have this guy send some five paladins and demanding I remove my walls. There was just no getting through his thick skull. He just continuously issued demands in terrible grammar and spelling. ("I request I leave this forest" )

In the end I did not feel like spending an entire evening playing against a thirteen-year-old unable to grasp the basic concept of RP games. I don't care about how his actions were considering the goals, he should have stuck to the rules he signed up to.

/rant.
posted 01-02-16 11:14 AM CT (US)     95 / 108  
The map is now available at the Blacksmith! (Actually it was a couple days ago, but I forgot to make a post here )

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 01-29-16 01:17 PM CT (US)     96 / 108  
In a couple weeks I'll have the free time to make a few necessary tweaks to this scenario, but in the meantime any feedback by means of comments or reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, as I mentioned in the GotY thread, I've been nurturing a few ideas with regard to a single player scenario set in the world that I created for this scenario. If any of you have read the background .pdf that shipped with the download, you might have a bit of an idea of what the subject matter will be, but I'll hold off on posting a project thread until I've consolidated my ideas a bit and done some substantial work on the project!

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 01-31-16 03:59 AM CT (US)     97 / 108  
Just checked it, looks amazing mate. Great map design, attention to detail etc. I'll have to try hook up a time with you guys to give it a whirl.
posted 01-31-16 04:50 PM CT (US)     98 / 108  
Much appreciated, Mash. This semester has been particularly busy for me so far (especially with my crazy ice hockey schedule), but in a couple weeks I'm on break for a week and I'd be glad to give it another run

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 02-17-16 07:08 AM CT (US)     99 / 108  
You asked for my feedback, Hockey, but to be honest I'd already checked this out a long time ago and felt like I had little to add. Knowing the quality of you four designers , I sort of knew this would be both awesome and impressive and that's exactly what it looks like from the screenshots. I'd love to see a mapshot though, since I don't really play AoK anymore (due to all the confusing shitloads of different versions and whatnot...)

EDIT: can't really say anything about the ingame balance and goals, since I haven't touched a game of AoK in years, so I mainly focus my feedback on mapdesign.

Retired, old and senile.

Thread Destroyer of April 09 - Popeychops
I was jealous of your guitars at first. Now I'm jealous of your awesome room. Jerk. :(
And it's on a friggin towel? so you're WIPING YOURSELF DOWN WITH SEXY WOMEN AFTER SHOWERS?! WHAT KIND OF MONSTER OF AWESOME DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? - Aro

[This message has been edited by Guthan (edited 02-17-2016 @ 07:09 AM).]

posted 02-17-16 12:51 PM CT (US)     100 / 108  
No worries. I'll post a mapshot sometime this weekend

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 02-20-16 04:52 PM CT (US)     101 / 108  
Here's a mapshot for those who are interested. I had to use Dropbox instead of Imgur due to file size restrictions, but it should still be perfectly accessible.

I've also updated the file based on various feedback and observations from game experience. Changes include an optimization of the mechanic that respawns certain resources, an alteration to the victory conditions of players 2, 6, and 7 (making them more feasible to achieve), and some changes to the forests to thicken some of them up a bit. The starts of a couple of players were also tweaked to make things more even (particularly adding more wood to the starting area of player 5), and player 7 can now build trade carts again.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 02-20-16 05:21 PM CT (US)     102 / 108  
You could've turned it into a .png and reduce its file size by half to two-thirds of that of the .bmp.

As it is, that monster screenshot takes so long to download you could go and eat a snack before you can see it.

►►►►Mithril Knight◄◄◄◄
My Works
¡Viva México!
My Coat of Arms
posted 02-20-16 06:09 PM CT (US)     103 / 108  
Haha, I'll try to remember that next time.

The water mixing really does look pretty funny when you look at it so zoomed out. It looks a lot better when zoomed in to what it would look like ingame, though

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 03-30-16 06:47 PM CT (US)     104 / 108  
I just saw your comment at the Blacksmith HS, and I'd be keen on joining your skype group for a game sometime. Let us know what time suits you.
posted 03-31-16 11:51 AM CT (US)     105 / 108  
I should be around for a game or two in a couple weeks from now. I need to tinker with my internet connection a bit, though, because it's been getting increasingly spotty.

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 04-02-16 07:18 AM CT (US)     106 / 108  
Add me up for playtesting! I am really curious to play this!

|E)\/
posted 04-02-16 10:39 AM CT (US)     107 / 108  
The file has been released, so while the playtesting stage is, strictly speaking, past, any feedback you might have from playing is quite welcome

~ Forgotten Empires ~

posted 04-04-16 01:24 PM CT (US)     108 / 108  
I did not actually mean the beta playtesting, but I wanted to ask if there are 7 more who want to play this in the near future. It is very hard trying to collect players for anything other than CBA, BF or Michi on Voobly.

|E)\/
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Discussion » Galderton Hill RP - Project Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames