Mod Design and Discussion
Moderated by Sebastien, John the Late

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Released! - Portuguese Civ Mod II
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
posted 11-02-14 04:14 PM CT (US)   
The Portuguese Civ Mod II is an expansion to the Portuguese Civ Mod and it was made possible thanks to the direct and indirect help of many contributors.

But, before I continue, I’m sure that you might be wondering already: Yet another mod? But hey, what makes it different from other mods or from PCM 1.0 itself?

Besides of expanding PCM 1.0, The Portuguese Civ Mod II brings 2 brand new and revolutionary features.

The first one is a brand new and fully functional 5th resource called Experience. Experience is a resource that works in a different way than the resources that came originally with the game. Firstly, Experience isn’t gathered at all, but it’s obtained automatically each time you build a building, research a tech, or when you raze an enemy building, kill or convert an enemy unit. But, “what can be done with Experience?”, you might be wondering.
Experience can be used to create new units, buy piles with resources, and research new techs at the new Trade Workshop building; and it can be also used to create support units of your allies and to create the Hero of your Civilization!
(Special thanks to JustTesting1234 for making the XP generating system work!)

The second brand new feature is Renaissance: a totally new age specially made to cover the 16th-17th century period that wasn’t properly covered by Age of Empires II! Defend your empire with armies of Musketeers, raid enemy towns with your cuirassiers, destroy enemy fortifications with your bombards and howitzers and devastate entire formations with field guns! Use the weapons of the ones who invaded your homeland against themselves and forge an everlasting empire!

The Portuguese Civ Mod II also brings three new civilizations to the game: additionally to Portuguese; Aragonese, Moors and Berbers have been added! Will you reconquer the Iberian Territories for Christendom, or will you fight in the side of the invading Moorish and Berber hordes? The choice is up to you!

Other feature from the original PCM that has been expanded is Mercenaries: many have complained that there were no regional mercenaries. Now, each culture has unique mercenaries to them!

Download
PCM II (v 2.1a) can be found at the AoKH Blacksmith, as usual!

Some screenies:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

More information can be found at the mod's website! http://ptcivmod.com.br/pcm2

And don't forget to check out ZeroEmpires' showcase/review!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R42thLVG0w0

Join the conversation at our official Discord Server!
https://discord.gg/yRfMMbm

The Portuguese Civ Mod III - Download at the Blacksmith
A mod that adds new civilizations, a new age, a new resource and introduces new gameplay features!
2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2013 (PCM I) | 1st place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2015 (PCM II) | 2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2017 (PCM III)

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." - Revelation 21:5 (KJV)

[This message has been edited by danielpereira (edited 08-04-2017 @ 12:48 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-26-16 04:38 PM CT (US)     176 / 239  
Hey everyone!

As you may have noticed, history repeated itself again: the PCM website that would be available at ptcivmod.tk is gone. This happened because, somehow, I lost control over the ptcivmod.tk, for reasons that are still very unknown for me, just like the ones that caused me to lose control over ptcivmod.cf.

Anyway, I have managed to get all of the data from the website and I have set it up again, but, this time, at a real domain, so to speak. Some links might still be broken there and there, but all of the remaining problems shall be fixed as soon as possible!

So, the PCM 1 website can be accessed at ptcivmod.com.br and the PCM II website, at ptcivmod.com.br/pcm2. I ensure that we will stay at this domain for, at least, three years this time!

A mod that adds new civilizations, a new age, a new resource and introduces new gameplay features!
2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2013 (PCM I) | 1st place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2015 (PCM II) | 2nd place as Best Mod Pack in AoKH GOTY 2017 (PCM III)

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." - Revelation 21:5 (KJV)
posted 07-18-16 09:03 PM CT (US)     177 / 239  
Hey danielpereira and Achesun, I was going through the graphics for my WoT mod (which is almost ready to release!), and I wanted to know if it would be alright if I used a couple of unit graphics from your mod.

The units I would be using would be the Cuirassier, the Archers of the Eyes, and the Almogavar.

Thanks in advance!
posted 10-21-16 05:14 PM CT (US)     178 / 239  
Hey, would you be willing to let me make a mod based off of your mod? I just want to add a civ or two. Is that okay?
posted 10-21-16 07:00 PM CT (US)     179 / 239  
@Seonid: I sent you an e-mail about that some weeks ago. If you have not received it, tell me.

@Dr Roach: Hello!

You may edit PCM II, as long as you don't release this edited version publicly.

posted 10-21-16 08:11 PM CT (US)     180 / 239  
Aww. Okay, thank you nonetheless. If I finish the project, would you like me to send you the results? Also, are there any large updates coming around the corner or other reasons I should abstain from starting a big project yet? I like your mod quite a bit- the support units and mercenaries change gameplay a lot!
posted 10-21-16 09:04 PM CT (US)     181 / 239  
@Dr Roach: Well, you can send me if you want to do so ^^

And, yeah, a rather big update is coming, although, I don't have a release date for it... Still, I don't think you should abstain from your project! It may give you modding experience and familiarity with the file structure of the game

And, well, sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but, I think that it would be better for you if you modded over the original game itself. Yes, I know that this would take more time, but, IMO, the time that is spent thinking on, experimenting and implementing ideas is part of the fun in modding

In case you choose to do that, you can feel free to look into the .dat and into the coding work that has been done for PCM II, or take any graphics, as long as you ask permission and/or credit the original authors of the graphics you are interested in (or me, in case the graphic was made or converted by me, although, I would not worry about credits at all in this case ). ^^

Also, I'm really glad you liked the mod! Thanks for the kind words

[This message has been edited by danielpereira (edited 10-21-2016 @ 09:05 PM).]

posted 10-21-16 10:08 PM CT (US)     182 / 239  
Yeah. I think I might. I already have experience with tinkering with the game, but I haven't done it in a while. The new AGE 3 version does not like to cooperate with my computer.

Also, does the Portuguese Matchlock tech benefit all gunpowder units or just H. Cannoneers/Arquebuisers?

[This message has been edited by Dr Roach (edited 10-21-2016 @ 10:10 PM).]

posted 10-22-16 06:34 AM CT (US)     183 / 239  
@Dr Roach: Oh, that's sad :/ I hope you manage to get it working!

Regarding the Matchlock tech, it's supposed to affect all Gunpowder Infantry (Hand Canonneers, Musketeers, Arquebusiers, etc.)

posted 10-22-16 09:42 AM CT (US)     184 / 239  
A little question, where can I build the unit Tercio and Roderlero? I saw them in the Editor but found nowhere to build them in game.
posted 10-22-16 05:26 PM CT (US)     185 / 239  
@Ivenend: Hello!

The Tercio Pikeman becomes available at the second page of the Barracks when playing as or teaming up with the Castillians. The Rodelero is an editor-only unit, though.

posted 10-22-16 07:20 PM CT (US)     186 / 239  
I have to switch back to an older version of AGE 3 because when I turn off the DLL lock button, I can't edit graphics, but when I leave it on it crashes within 15 secs.

I was working on adding a civ for my personal mod, and how the heck does the Support unit work? I thought it would be a simple matter of putting an "enable unit" effect in the team bonus?
posted 10-23-16 05:01 AM CT (US)     187 / 239  
hi daniel your amazing mod is perfect
what time you release new version pcm2?
i cant wait new version i am thanks a lot
posted 10-23-16 06:00 AM CT (US)     188 / 239  
@danielpereira

What a pity that this beautiful unit is Editor exclusive. Perhaps make an Iberian-only Mercenary? Or make the Champion of the Iberian civ to use the Rodelero's graphic?

Is there any other Editor exclusive unit in PCM2?

And I notice that the current graphic of the Zweihänder merc. is the Champion in Jorgito's unit pack, would you be interested in using my Doppelsoldner graphic?
posted 10-23-16 06:40 AM CT (US)     189 / 239  
@Dr Roach: Enabling the unit at the TB tech wouldn't work for one reason: if you decide to do this, the unit will become available right from the Dark Age and you won't be able to "set" at which age this unit is enabled.

In short, this is how support units work: basically, there are two unit IDs for each support unit - a trainable one and an untrainable one. The untrainable one is enabled at a particular age for all civs through a shadow tech and the team bonus upgrades the untrainable unit to the trainable one.

@fezlekeci80trtr: Hello!

First of all, I'm glad you liked the mod! Right now, I don't have a release date for the next patch, I'm sorry :/

Thanks for the kind words

@Ivenend: Well, right now I don't plan to make that unit trainable, but thanks for your suggestions

And, yes, there are more editor only units, like the Magyar Huszár, the Moorish Knight, and some others I can't remember right now ^^

Regarding the unit graphic you have made, it looks very nice! Although, you said that you based it on a 3D model for a Civ3 unit and it indeed looks like a Civ3 unit, and I'm refraining from adding units that resemble civ3 units into the mod... Sorry for the trouble!

[This message has been edited by danielpereira (edited 10-23-2016 @ 06:47 AM).]

posted 10-23-16 09:15 AM CT (US)     190 / 239  
@danielpereira
It is all up to you, of course. However I want to explain that it is not a unit graphic "converted" from Civ3 FLC, it is rendered by Poser, and I did many changes from body proportion to colour on the original 3D model provided by Kinboat to make it fit in AoE2 style. And if you try to refrain from adding units that resemble civ3 units, I should remind you that the Italian Infantry, Swiss Halberd and Viking Herrman are also make from Civ3 poser props and poses provided by Kinboat and other C3 modders.

And if I'm teaming up with multi civs, can I get all their "support" units? what if different support unit occupy the same training icon place? Besides, can I get the support unit if I'm not teaming up with certain civ at the start of the game but ally with him through the diplomacy system during the game?
posted 10-23-16 10:57 AM CT (US)     191 / 239  
The support units don't take up the same spot. If you see on the second page of the building with support units, they never share the same spot.
posted 10-23-16 03:43 PM CT (US)     192 / 239  
@Ivenend: Yes, I know that you didn't convert it from a Civ3 FLC. What I meant is that this unit was originally made for Civ3 (I'm pretty sure I have seen it rendered with Civ3 render settings around), and so its poses, animations (like, in example, that dopplesöldner jogs instead of walking) and body proportions are closer to the ones used by Civ3 units. And, yes, I know that Courtjester has made his units in Poser using props and models from civfanatics, but the animations and poses of his units fit more with AoK. As I said, I don't mean to criticize that unit, it looks great, indeed! I'm just refraining from using more units that were meant to be for civ 3: The Portuguese Support Unit (the Mortar) and the "Gun" scenario editor unit already use graphics which were originally made for civ 3, and I don't want to add more of them.

Regarding support units, if you team up with more than one civ, you'll get access to the support units of all of those civs, including the one of your own civ and, as Dr Roach said, while implementing Support units, I made sure that slot overlapping would never happen

Also, if you ally with another unit during the game, you'll not get access to its support unit, just like you wouldn't get access to its TB if you did so.

posted 10-26-16 11:30 AM CT (US)     193 / 239  
Hi Daniel! Can you make this mod available on Voobly?

"Play as much as you want. You will be damned if you play, and damned if you dont."--By SM_KnyT
posted 10-27-16 03:30 PM CT (US)     194 / 239  
@SM_KnyT: That would be possible, but it would probably take a while for me to port it to the Voobly file structure :/

posted 10-29-16 02:57 PM CT (US)     195 / 239  
Can I use the blowgunner graphic for a publicly-released mod I am making? Not sure if its yours or someone else's- is there a way to find that out without having to scour the forums/blacksmith?
posted 10-30-16 05:36 PM CT (US)     196 / 239  
@Dr Roach: The Blowgunner was made by Achesun for PCM. Even though I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind if you used that graphic, I think that it would still be a good idea to ask him about that. If you want his e-mail, just e-mail me and I'll give you his e-mail address

Also, both the official PCM II website and the PCM II readme (which is included with the mod) include a full credits list.

posted 10-30-16 09:16 PM CT (US)     197 / 239  
Dr Roach, you have my permission to use the blowgunner graphic, just make sure I'm in the credits list.

In principle, I would like that the units specifically created for a certain project exclusive until its public release. Now that PCM2 is available, I think it's okay.

Edit
Oh, and you might also add where the graphic was taken from in the credit list. Like I said I originally make it for PCM, I'd like it to be at least sort of exclusive.

[This message has been edited by Achesun (edited 10-30-2016 @ 09:45 PM).]

posted 12-10-16 10:50 AM CT (US)     198 / 239  
Regarding the unit Royal Guard, I know there is a 15 units limitation. But if I have already train 15 Royal Guard, even if them die out, I can't train any more of them?

AoK Unit Graphics:
Landsknechts (Doppelsöldner) - 5 variations

RoN Unit Graphics:
Landsknechts
posted 12-12-16 06:43 AM CT (US)     199 / 239  
@Ivenend: Yes, you can't. The 15 unit limit for them is fixed, you can't train more than 15 per match.

posted 12-31-16 05:39 PM CT (US)     200 / 239  
Hello everyone!

I would like to wish a happy new year to every player and fan of the Portuguese Civ Mod II! I hope you all had a great 2016 and I wish an awesome "age-up" to 2017. ^^

Unfortunately, 2016 wasn't the most active year in the development, but, hopefully, 2017 will be different. with the release of the long-awaited 2.2 3.0 patch! I hope I can give more details about it soon

Last but not least, even though Christmas has passed, I think I can still give you all a New Year present, right??

http://i.imgur.com/ljZ2plX.png

[This message has been edited by danielpereira (edited 12-31-2016 @ 05:40 PM).]

posted 12-31-16 08:42 PM CT (US)     201 / 239  
Happy New Year! Age-up to 2017 really cost me a lot of food...I am going to see if there are still boars hiding somewhere in the map :P

That's great news about the development. 3.0 patch!
posted 01-01-17 07:07 AM CT (US)     202 / 239  
@Achesun: Happy new year to you too!
Age-up to 2017 really cost me a lot of food...I am going to see if there are still boars hiding somewhere in the map :P
lol
That's great news about the development. 3.0 patch!
I'm glad you liked it!
Also, thanks for helping PCM II once again ^^

posted 01-01-17 04:08 PM CT (US)     203 / 239  
Daniel, How do you turn this on? hahaha
Post more pictures.

Nice to know you'll keep upgrading Portuguese Mod.
Cheers
posted 01-01-17 06:57 PM CT (US)     204 / 239  
@marotinho: I'll surely post new pictures soon™

posted 01-02-17 03:44 AM CT (US)     205 / 239  
GREAT NEWS danielpereira! How would 3.0 be different from the current version? Also, hope we can see the Knights of Santiago unit in 3.0.

AoK Unit Graphics:
Landsknechts (Doppelsöldner) - 5 variations

RoN Unit Graphics:
Landsknechts
posted 01-02-17 04:42 AM CT (US)     206 / 239  
@Ivenend: I'll release more details about it soon™, but you can expect some new civilizations and old bugs being fixed

posted 01-04-17 06:30 AM CT (US)     207 / 239  
Hi Daniel, I want to insert your "Second Page" patch into my Trigger & Expansion Patch (WTEP), would you mind it?

Besides, I have an advice that you can use New Tech Tree patch to improve the vision of the tech tree scroll.
posted 01-04-17 06:49 AM CT (US)     208 / 239  
Hi Daniel, I want to insert your "Second Page" patch into my Trigger & Expansion Patch (WTEP), would you mind it?
Hey!
You mean the one that allows villagers to have an extra building page? Feel free to use it, but that particular patch was written by JustTesting1234. I know him and he surely wouldn't mind to see you using his code, so you'll need to credit him in your credits list ^^
Besides, I have an advice that you can use New Tech Tree patch to improve the vision of the tech tree scroll.
If you mean Janworks' Tech Tree patch, I have already done some experiments on it and I even talked to Janworks. I'm just waiting for a more feature-full and stable version

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion ^^

[This message has been edited by danielpereira (edited 01-04-2017 @ 06:57 AM).]

posted 01-04-17 07:37 AM CT (US)     209 / 239  
To danielpereira:

Yes, yes. I wanted to write "villager's second page", however, it was interrupted. Someone had told me to attach this, but all failed before. This time, I added the function successfully.
posted 01-04-17 06:58 PM CT (US)     210 / 239  
Hello, again, Daniel. Have you set a countdown clock to the launch of 3.0 (perhaps a re-tooling and re-purposing of a very recently obsolete New Year's countdown clock). I'm very much looking forward to this one.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
Age of Kings Heaven » Forums » Mod Design and Discussion » Released! - Portuguese Civ Mod II
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Kings Heaven | HeavenGames