Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Aom: Pages Checklist
posted 02 August 2007 06:31 PM EDT (US)   
Hi everyone;

Aom: Pages recently added its Checklist to being 1800 expert player. I know some people might say 1800 is not expert yada yada but it is intended for 1740-- people so...

I'd love to hear what u think about it..

Aom: Pages Checklist to Expertize

Oh btw, if someone could help me with the "save ur progress" btton code I'd be so happy :P
Replies:
posted 03 August 2007 01:43 AM EDT (US)     1 / 25  
Hey, cool looking site you got there! With the 'save your info' button, you will need a database to store the information (most popular is MySQL). You would then use a simple little PHP script to save and extract info.

I'd be happy to help you, so long as you have a database of some kind. However, I'm not aware of Google providing them with the hosting, so it would appear that you're out of luck. However, prove me wrong.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 03 August 2007 06:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 25  
1800 isn't even close to expert, so saying that is totally mis-leading.

btw, GOD DAMN THE ****ING POST THROTTLE. 3 MINUTES I JUST WAITED TO POST 1 ****ING SETENCE.

rant over.

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 08-03-2007 @ 03:05 PM).]

posted 03 August 2007 11:08 AM EDT (US)     3 / 25  
I'd be happy to help you, so long as you have a database of some kind
:S could u explain a lil' bit more?

btw, GOD DAMN THE FVCKING POST THROTTLE. 3 MINUTES I JUST WAITED TO POST 1 FVCKING SETENCE.

rant over.
I know i just cant find another word that fits the name
iLL try to specify it tho...

[This message has been edited by Pdroo (edited 08-03-2007 @ 11:10 AM).]

posted 03 August 2007 11:26 AM EDT (US)     4 / 25  
That's why Pdroo kindly said...
I know some people might say 1800 is not expert yada yada but it is intended for 1740-- people so...
I have visited these sites in the past, and The Loki onehelped me out a lot. However, this is for the origina AoM, not Titans right? While it barely makes a difference, I was just wondering.

The only one I don't like is the last one. Of course, that package is no doubt helpful, but IMO I don't think it deserves a whole checklist to itself. Maybe make the last one "Know how to use your God Powers" or something like that...

Maybe some other words you could use are...
-Experienced?
-Wisened?
-Adept?

I R O N C L A W 7 7
Everything that shines ain't always
gonna be gold.
posted 03 August 2007 11:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 25  
Wow, thanks a lot

Thanks for including i_r_noob's guide, I think i've just boosted my rate about 30 already!

EDIT: Gone from 1620 to 1660 in the space of a *DAY*

So happy!

[This message has been edited by andehpandeh (edited 08-03-2007 @ 02:03 PM).]

posted 03 August 2007 11:59 AM EDT (US)     6 / 25  
Little Thing Yes I do say it like it is a bad thing now stop being one says:
checklist to expert
i have only 2 or 3 checked

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
posted 03 August 2007 12:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 25  
I do think the mod pack is mandatory! The mod (specially the one that changes the information the game gives about units and upgrades to accurate numerical values) teaches you a lot!!

Knwing how to use GPs is very important too.. :S I added a box that says to play a lot of 1 vs 1 rated games. I might describe that it gives you a lot fo experience like the uses of GPs r somehting ... **thinking**

No, most of the info on Aom: Pages is for TT (as the guides and Bo's were not written by me but by TT expert players mostly)..

Spoeft's Thor guide for example is intended for vanilla; but there is also HellsRavage Thor guide (intended for TT)..
posted 03 August 2007 12:09 PM EDT (US)     8 / 25  
checklist to expert
i have only 2 or 3 checked
OMG I do not understand what he means...

Except for the last part, he has only 2 or 3 checked??

I dont think so, he has obviously read hes guide; he has obviously watched expert recs; he obviously knows the basics of the game and the counetr system; I know he can read scores and that he microes like hell; that he has played a lot of rated 1 vs 1 games and that he knows what to do vs other Gods with the one he is playing...

That gives me like 8 checks out of 11 for sure, plus Im almost sure he can do the other 3

Edit: Oh it was an MSN conversation with a weird nickname... Anyways the point is still there...

[This message has been edited by Pdroo (edited 08-03-2007 @ 12:11 PM).]

posted 03 August 2007 01:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 25  
Is it really necessary to learn how to read the score?

It certainly helps you to see who is doing better in the game but that's about it.

You if your scores are equal, and after a battle you are 300 points behind, its obvious that you lost more units then he did.

In some post you said experts could know when a player switches to a new mine...
I do this by comparing to my mine, and also experience tells me when my mine is about to end.
(Generally norse are more dependent in gold so when my mine is about 1k, he has already gone to a new one.)

I think one advice is to not always play with the same god. Playing other gods and cultures will give you more an inside perspective and will allow you to see what there main weakness are.
If you keep playing with the same god you will just not notice.

The idea however, is good, yet, I don't follow the 'save your progress' button. Could you explain it better please?
Thank you.

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
posted 03 August 2007 02:41 PM EDT (US)     10 / 25  
lol@aomh
tell them i don't watch expert recs, don't have specific strats vs specific gods and that i made the guide therefor it does not count
tell them i had checked:

1) basics of game
2) use hotkeys
3) read score
i don't play many 1v1 rateds, i don't micro in battles (i just get econ ups and aq units with 500x better econ), i don't have specific strats vs gods (i just get econ ups and aq units), i don't read expert guides (they are stupid and reading them would probably deflate my rate by 50 points), i made the guide myself so 11, and i ignore the counter system (i always mass 1 type of unit)

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
posted 03 August 2007 03:04 PM EDT (US)     11 / 25  
Sam_Ham, please check your e-mail,

and Ubermode, please don't by pass the swear filter.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 03 August 2007 03:15 PM EDT (US)     12 / 25  
AoMH, banning good players since DeaN
posted 03 August 2007 03:39 PM EDT (US)     13 / 25  
Mods really need to cool down. First Lorenzo who did not even break a rule ("stirring up the community" is not a rule), now Sam Ham for a reason I find irrelevant.

What are you guys going to do when we no longer take the nazifascism and go berserk on your little noob forums with full kiddy p0rn? Manually check and acknowledge the registered users? Block pictures? Really now, we are just trying to be reasonable and help the 165+s here without a 155+ scenario moderator going delirious or a moderator who's named after a fruit with a lot of vitamin C that doesn't understand the concept of humor.

There should really come a new, seperate topic for discussing the bannings and rules/CoC or whatever openly, including the bans towards Lorenzo, Sam Ham and probably some other persons as well... Sunrise shoots to mind. Sure, writing a 2k+ word rant as to how Papaya is gay is indeed against the rules and I don't think this needs any discussion, but what Sam Ham/Lorenzo did was basically nothing.

Now, I know you people will go "rules are rules" "we won't be told what to do by some random person who doesn't agree with our things on our own damn forums blahblah" etc, but take GloryOfSparta who deleted Lorenzo's topic when he beat her 2 out of 2 in DM (where she claimed he would beat him and where Lorenzo claimed DM was for noobs and that he could rape any DMer). She used "ram lamer" as an excuse. Haha, pathetic.

I know moderators, angels and whatnot here at HG have big problems with being beta and prefer to out-alpha every single situation they get, but I suggest you either let this account unbanned (swallow your pride, it is not poison, you will not die) and perhaps create a topic discussing the rules OR start disabling [ img ] codes and manually approving each new account registered at heavengames. And hire a better webmaster because I'm quite the scriptkiddy.]

[This message has been edited by iamzeownerer (edited 08-03-2007 @ 03:40 PM).]

posted 03 August 2007 04:10 PM EDT (US)     14 / 25  
amen^^
Sam_Ham:
One week ban

Posting on behalf of a banned member:
(From the moderation section)

No warning?
Come on Paperfriend...

-Ironclaw77

I R O N C L A W 7 7
gonna be gold.
posted 03 August 2007 04:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 25  
Maybe you think Sam_Ham didn't know about the rules?
posted 03 August 2007 04:34 PM EDT (US)     16 / 25  
No warning?
Come on Paperfriend...
If you look a few rules above the part you quoted, you see that he was already warned, for the same reason. Sam_Ham was very much aware that he broke the rules.

No matter what you say
posted 03 August 2007 04:34 PM EDT (US)     17 / 25  
Yeah, why'd phate and iamzeownerer get banned too?

They aren't even in the Moderation section...

Paperfriend, check your e-mail.

-Ironclaw77

I R O N C L A W 7 7
gonna be gold.

[This message has been edited by Ironclaw77 (edited 08-03-2007 @ 04:41 PM).]

posted 03 August 2007 04:51 PM EDT (US)     18 / 25  
phate and iamzeownerer are in the same post as Sam_Ham's since they are his smurfs after all.

No matter what you say
posted 03 August 2007 05:00 PM EDT (US)     19 / 25  
Ahhh, I didn't know they were his smurfs, that would explain it..

I R O N C L A W 7 7
gonna be gold.
posted 03 August 2007 05:04 PM EDT (US)     20 / 25  
Then, could we please get back on topic

BTW, the checklist is very intresting, I have 5 checkmarks, but I think I miss some of the most important
Maybe I will use that list to get better, it seems useful. GJ.

No matter what you say
posted 03 August 2007 05:10 PM EDT (US)     21 / 25  
Weird I clicked the Xentialla thing and it said website could not be found then it took me to a prostate exam website

EDIT ok I gotit to work and I pressed save but where do I save it to?

[This message has been edited by Superusername (edited 08-03-2007 @ 05:13 PM).]

posted 03 August 2007 05:17 PM EDT (US)     22 / 25  
Just save it to desktop and follow the installation instructions if I remember right.
posted 03 August 2007 05:34 PM EDT (US)     23 / 25  
ok i did that then I pressed open but now it says windows cannot open file and to select a program to open it with
posted 03 August 2007 07:02 PM EDT (US)     24 / 25  
Experts should be banned for long time but not permanently IMO... unless they r seriously repetitive or something..

The save your progress button is supposed to store the boxes that you check before hitting the button, so that they will be checked the next time you visit the page...

However, I suck with those things and I cannot make it work... (thats why I asked for help)

@ i_r_noob ( he could read at least) -

lol.. dont be so obstinate

I know u have watched expert recs (duh, go to age sanct and read ur comments on them)...

Why wouldnt making the guide count for the checklist? U obviously read it

U ignore the counter system and mass one type of unit but u do know it. And Im sure if u play someone with a similar / higher rate than yours whos massing only toxotes u'd use it...

U demostrated u had specific strats vs specific Gods in specific maps with ur ask i_r_noob thread....

Getting 19++ obviously required many 1 vs 1 rated games...
(besides, u have owned so many ESO accounts)

U dont micro ur battles; ok I hardly belive this but anyways getting 500x eco requires micro... lets give half a checkmark here...

So, u dont read expert guides and u probably dont play many 1 vs 1 rated games...

OK you still have many more than the three u mentioned
posted 04 August 2007 00:54 AM EDT (US)     25 / 25  
There should really come a new, seperate topic for discussing the bannings and rules/CoC or whatever openly, including the bans towards Lorenzo, Sam Ham and probably some other persons as well... Sunrise shoots to mind. Sure, writing a 2k+ word rant as to how Papaya is gay is indeed against the rules and I don't think this needs any discussion, but what Sam Ham/Lorenzo did was basically nothing.
There is, it's called email. Banned forumers can fill out an unban request form if they believe they shouldn't have been banned, and this takes less time than making other accounts to post about it here. Other forumers can email the moderators if they are concerned about how the forum is being run. Don't email Papaya/me next week though since we'll both be away.

I think it's obvious why we don't allow people to publicly complain about other forumers' bans. It would derail the whole forum and involve people who don't need to be involved.

Anyway, closing this thread now since it's gotten to the point where the topic creator is responding to a banned forumer.

Everyone got AIDS and shit
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: