You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Bellepheron
posted 08 October 2002 11:55 PM EDT (US)   
Bellepheron's jump attack does 100 damage (600 i think to myth units) and he uses this attack 1x every 5 seconds! That means he could kill a collossus in 10 seconds! Also, not many normal units could stand up to him. Even Polyphemus can only do about 300 damage to a myth unit. Although perseus can kill a myth unit easily, his attack recharges in 22 seconds. Medusa's recharges in less than that. Therefore, Bellepheron is cheap

Replies:
posted 09 October 2002 00:00 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
I wonder if his special has the bonus.

Also you are fogetting about armor the Collossus has very high pierce and hack armor, so it will still take a little longer to kill it.

But that is still impressive.

Guide to Debugging RMS
Download my RMS here
Help improve RMS reviewing here
A monk I need a monk.
I thought therefore I was.
posted 09 October 2002 00:00 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
Therefore he is just a strong unit. The greek hero's are supposed to be extremly strong because you can only get four in a game.
posted 09 October 2002 00:27 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
Greek heros are extremely powerful and should be an important part of any Greek army. You have to be careful with your myth units when facing a greek player as their heros are more than a match for them.

I was monkeying around with Colusses the other day in the press beta and I can tell you first hand that Bellepheron rips through them.

posted 09 October 2002 01:08 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
The jump attack has a range restriction. I can't remember what it is for Bellerophon, but with the Anubite, for instance, the enemy must be within 4-8 range to use the jump attack. (The Feet of the Jackal upgrade changes that range incidentally, making it better.)

Unless you want to manually move him away from an enemy so he can use it every 5 seconds, he'll only use it once on each enemy.

And his special attack does include the bonus vs myth units in the beta.

posted 09 October 2002 05:12 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
This belerphon dude seems to be very overpowered, not only killing MU's very well (he is a hero afterall) but ALSO being very cost effective fighting normal units. I heard many people complain about htis in alpha and in the beta not much has changed it seems.

This is one of the things i dont like, the greek heroes seem to be cost effective units to use vs MU as well as vs normal units making them just a must have. I dont think there will be an instance whee u dont want a greek hero in your army, so there goed the strategic choice.

Kraken

[This message has been edited by L_Clan_Kraken (edited 10-09-2002 @ 05:13 AM).]

posted 09 October 2002 07:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
I have not seen that unite in the unite page, what are you guys talking about? a link or pic would be nice
posted 09 October 2002 07:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
posted 09 October 2002 08:51 AM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
I think that Bellepheron should be somewhat weak against other heroes because he himself is riding a myth unit.
posted 09 October 2002 10:29 AM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
You can only have 4 heroes in an entire game(Greeks). So they do need to be uber-powerful.

Give me money, and I might feel generous enough to say something kind.
--My The Ultimate AOK Guide--
--My The Ultimate AOM Guide
posted 09 October 2002 11:36 AM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
Wrong they need to be uber powerfull vs MU's (and they are) but they shouldnt be powerfull vs normal troops (and they are).

I know people will think if they are not powerfull vs normal troops they die to them to fast and thus they are too easy killed before they can kill the MU's. Well it could be implemented in such a way that there nowmal attack is pretty low but they do have big HP and armor so that they are pretty tough to kill but if they choose to fight mortals they just dont deal much damage vs them. However when facing MU they get this huge multiplyer and thus they are effective.

Kraken

posted 09 October 2002 12:07 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
don't forget how much he costs. 400 food and 6 favor and 4 pop slots. it is cost effective to send normal units against him. 400 food worth of hoplites should do the trick.
posted 09 October 2002 01:21 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
yeah but they take up more than four pop slots, leaving you in trouble elsewheres
posted 09 October 2002 01:48 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
Greek heroes should be uber powerful vs normal units imo cos there are only 4 of them ! (besides 1st and 2nd age heroes arent that amazig vs normal units so u only get 1 or sometimes 2 uber units in the game )

What i think may be unbalanced is the fact that greeks now get 4 villies (or has this been cancelled?) cos in the alpha my friends tells me greeks own already

In a race between a rock and a pig, never forget your yellow umbrella
posted 09 October 2002 01:48 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
He takes a very long time to build maybe 2-3 minutes im not quite sure but i know it is long build time.
posted 09 October 2002 02:28 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
People, people: it's Bellerophon, not Bellepheron.

Proof: an in-game SS. Also look at his stats.

[This message has been edited by Hel (edited 10-09-2002 @ 05:12 PM).]

posted 09 October 2002 02:55 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
There are things that some of you are not considering... Bellerophon is pretty damn expensive... And if he dies... he is expensive twice. If the Pharoah dies, you get him back for free and he is free in the beginning so there is never a cost to you. And an Egyptian player can make as many priests as he wants and those beat the hell out of myth units as well. The arguement that priests are weak against regular units does not hold water... They can heal. The Greeks Heroes get no such benefit. The Norse get the Hersir (made ultra sweet if you worship Loki) that are insane against myth units when used a few at a time and is a decent infantry unit as well. The Greek Hero needs to be individually over-powered because of their limited number.
posted 09 October 2002 04:03 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
Priests are awful in combat vs. normal units. So what if they can heal? You try attacking someone with a bandage and some healthy herbal tea!

"Ooh... I'll have to think. With me head." Denise Royle
posted 09 October 2002 04:38 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
a villager can kill a priest and Cavalry are particularly effective against priests
posted 09 October 2002 05:33 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
ya, priests are garbage fighting regular units and they can't even pick up relics . The healing ability is good for them but I think the best thing about Priests are the obs which let u see most of the map really early in the game. Still, imo they are the worst of the heroes.

[This message has been edited by KillerBee (edited 10-09-2002 @ 05:35 PM).]

posted 10 October 2002 01:06 AM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
do remember that bellerophon is a 4th age hero ( i think )
so not every game is gonna get them. plus think of all the other units that are gonna be available to each other civ then. im sure some big elephants or a few jarls could beat the greek heroes fairly easy.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Bellepheron
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames