Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New Campaign: The Lay of Vestrigard
posted 25 July 2003 05:46 PM EDT (US)   
My first project, "The Last King", has been cancelled. My second, "Gods and Mortals", has been put on hiatus. I now present to the forumers my third project, "The Lay of Vestrigard"...

Long ago, a young king of the men of Midgard fell in battle. With no heir, his title was passed to his cousin Theris, a great warrior and ruthless adversary. So adept was he in warfare that none in Midgard dared to oppose him...

With his kingdom secure and thriving, the warrior-king set his gaze eastward, to the land of those whom he despised most of all. His vengeful gaze set on Nidavellir, the land of the dwarves.

Using sly words and promises of unimaginable wealth, Theris convinced the warriors of his people that the dwarves were their enemies, that the men of Midgard should take from them what was rightfully theirs.

And so the sails were hoisted, the war horn blown, and the oars set in motion. The Midgard men set sail for Nidavellir, with thoughts of pillage and death in their minds. Yet Theris, their king, had a mind only for revenge.

And far to the east, their peril unknown, the people of that sought after land lived their lives in peace, smithying and hoarding and doing all things dwarvish.

No less was this blissful peace in the dwarven city of Vestrigard, stronghold and lookout of the western coast of the dwarven lands. Of naught did those little folk know of the storm that was swifty approaching...

But they had weathered storms before.

Take control of the dwarven heroes Eitri, Roc, and Brokk to defend the city of Vestrigard from the warriors of King Theris! Delve deep into the caverns beneath the city to stop the enemy onslaught!

Campaign inludes:

-> 5 - 10 action-packed playable scenarios!
-> Imaginative and well-researched storyline with several challenging side-quests!
-> Utilizes build-and-destroy, fixed-force, and role-playing gaming styles!
-> Dazzlingly detailed cinematics!
-> Custom modifiers including four different dwarven soldier units, and a Norse Arkantos unit!
-> Custom dialog and sound effects!
-> Custom music pack!
-> And a bunch of other stuff!

As for the release date, it could be anywhere from a week to six months from now. I'd hope to have it done before September, but I'm certainly not making any promises. As may or may not know, I have a tendency for perfecting a single scenario for so long that I lose interest in making the rest of the campaign.

I'm sure I'll finish this one though!

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com
Replies:
posted 28 July 2003 00:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
sounds pretty nice. sure wish you would finish it!

btw: so much for campaign making...

posted 29 July 2003 04:17 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
I've spent too much time on this on this one. I have to finish it.

I'll be releasing a demo cinematic in about a week.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 07-29-2003 @ 04:28 AM).]

posted 29 July 2003 12:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Sounds Cool Jared.
posted 29 July 2003 05:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » New Campaign: The Lay of Vestrigard
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames