Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Mythology: The Movie Contest WINNER
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 06 August 2003 02:29 PM EDT (US)   

The Mythos Clan (www.mythosclan.net) has chosen a winner in the first ever Age of Mythology Cinematic Design Contest.

Baron Lopi submitted a cinematic that utilizes many of the movie making conventions we'd expect to see from a Hollywood production. It is based on the Battle of Marathon between the Persians and ancient Greeks.

A few features:

10 Speaking Parts
Lighting Effects
Multiple Camera Angles, Pans, and Zooms
Sound Effects
An orchestral Soundtrack

System Requirements:

A few camera angles include up to 300 units, so a GeForce4 or above and a Pentium 4 or above are highly recommended. It will work on a Geforce2 MX video card, but will be jerky at times.

Download:

Click the link below to Download the cinematic. It is a ZIP file, so I recommend saving it to your desktop, and then Unzipping it to your desktop as well. The included Readme.txt will guide you through the rest of the installation.

http://www.mythosclan.net/pages/tournamentsandcontests/contests.html

Please, post your thoughts after viewing the cinematic! Mr. Lopi would love to hear what you think!

Replies:
posted 06 August 2003 05:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 42  
OMG That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!
You must give me the producer's contact!
Could you email m it please at rider@merlordstudios.com

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 06 August 2003 05:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 42  
You already watched the movie??? What did you think?

The e-mail address of the Producer of this movie is: baron_lopi@yahoo.com

posted 06 August 2003 06:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 42  
Wow! That's awesome.

SEXITUP.
Former Leader of the FPH Clan
Acting-President of AoMH
posted 06 August 2003 08:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 42  
It's pretty cool however, i doubt that it got much points on meeting the system requirements :s. Some parts looked like a slideshow.
posted 06 August 2003 10:52 PM EDT (US)     5 / 42  
I think it's the best there is, it's really really really good

I believe using "hollywood" to describe it is pretty accurate.

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 08-06-2003 @ 10:52 PM).]

posted 06 August 2003 11:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 42  
I cant get it to work. What do i have to do?
I load it like starting a scenario but when it gets to when the 4 guys are standing it just stays ther i am not sure if they have to say something or i have to read it but when i read it it stays like 40 sec and nothing happenes.
posted 07 August 2003 00:07 AM EDT (US)     7 / 42  
To mojo: I had the same problem until I realized that the play dialogue trigger didn't fire if the sound files hasn't been correctly installed.

In other words, to correct this, you must create a folder in the aom sound folder, name it Lopi, and then move all the given sound files into that folder.

Notes to the author, Baron Lopi: you shouldn't activate triggers using the effect Play dialogue, because if the sound file isn't there, the trigger will not fire. The safest way is to activate trigger using the Fire Event effect.

By the way, congratulations on winning the cinematic contest ! The cinematics was very well done, and I really enjoyed watching it. It was really worth the download!

posted 07 August 2003 00:11 AM EDT (US)     8 / 42  
Grr...
posted 07 August 2003 00:24 AM EDT (US)     9 / 42  
Thank Alexandergreat3
posted 07 August 2003 02:24 AM EDT (US)     10 / 42  
Actually, you don't have to "create" any folders. Simply extract the contents of the ZIP file to your AOM Directory. You should then see a folder labelled "Lopi's Battle of Marathon." The Readme.txt file is in there. Follow the simple directions in the Readme file and you're ready to watch!
posted 07 August 2003 11:53 AM EDT (US)     11 / 42  
7MB's, many of those are sounds, right?

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
posted 07 August 2003 12:08 PM EDT (US)     12 / 42  
yeah without sounds it won't be as good
posted 08 August 2003 01:06 AM EDT (US)     13 / 42  
Sounds are very important in a cinematic, as long as they're done well. And here, they're done well.
posted 08 August 2003 04:14 AM EDT (US)     14 / 42  
I'm really happy that you liked my cinematic
posted 08 August 2003 04:42 AM EDT (US)     15 / 42  
It was great, the ending was so funny too!

/-Mojo14-\
You go to the editor
But you neva design nuttin'
You been designing a long time
And you ain't got nuttin'
posted 08 August 2003 12:33 PM EDT (US)     16 / 42  
WOW!

posted 08 August 2003 03:39 PM EDT (US)     17 / 42  
wow, that was really good. it was a little laggy at times, cuz of the pitch, but other than that, awesome. the speaking parts sounded funny.(no offence)

^Redwolf^
Don't sit there and take it! They built it we can break it!-AF
Voted The AOMH favorite newbie '03(first semester)
Member of the Phantom Warrior clan
Proud Member of Dragon Gaming Design Network
\...\Skate and Destroy/.../
posted 09 August 2003 03:55 AM EDT (US)     18 / 42  
Very well made, the camera angles are perfect. My computer is only just fast enough to run it though. It is smooth most times but you occasionally get some jerkyness. The soundtrack is amazingly coherent with the cinematic, especially in the Hoplite's (representing Phedipedes [I think that's how you spell it], no doubt)trimphal march to Athens.
But the story of the battle says Phedipedes runs all the way to the Athens, and dies with the words 'We are victorious!' on his lips. Still good.

Peredhil
Arguments are to be avoided;
they are always vulgar and often convincing - Oscar Wilde
posted 09 August 2003 04:50 AM EDT (US)     19 / 42  
to redwolfalex: what speaking parts are sounding funny? i need to know what to change

to peredhill: if you want i can change it. i didn't knew what Phedipedes said, so i choose "we won"

Baron Lopi - Age of Mythology designer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud winner of Mythos Clan's cinematic contest
Second placed at AomH's Heroes of Mythica Contest - Before King Arthur (coming soon...)
Nowhere - The Movie (best cinematography 2004)
posted 09 August 2003 05:44 AM EDT (US)     20 / 42  
The movie is excellent! The voice acting just needs a little more emotion in it though.

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 09 August 2003 12:10 PM EDT (US)     21 / 42  
Darius I: "What the...???"

Haha, classic!

Then...

Persian Soldier: "Oh my God! Catapults!"

Priceless.

Great job.

posted 09 August 2003 12:31 PM EDT (US)     22 / 42  
I think maybe he's talking about the accents? In that case, it sounds perfect to me, as neither the Greeks, nor Persians would have good ole boy American accents like the one I have.
posted 09 August 2003 12:53 PM EDT (US)     23 / 42  
There is only one problem with voices, the Advisor is REALLY quiet while speaking one of his lines, not to worry though, you could turn up this particular sound.

By the way, how about somthing like Theseus and the Minotaur or another well know myth for another contest?

posted 09 August 2003 07:58 PM EDT (US)     24 / 42  
I thought it was great. I found several parts where I just smiled or laughed, because I was happy that someone had just made this... and it was great!

Did you make all the voices yourself?

I particularly liked the "Ajax" (Great King was it?) voice, the "actor" or "voice person" did a great job.

I have some sound files that may help you. (about two)

Cuz,... well.. the ONE part I had a prob. w/ was when "Arkantos" says "CHARGE!"... It was really weak.. sorry, but Im trying to help so you can fix it. Put some balls into it!

But overall great, I liked your camara angles and movement.. truly cinematic.

someone once asked me: "Why do you like Shakira so much?"
I replied: "cuz..... *Latin beat starts*
I LIKE IT LIKE THAT!!! I--LIKE--IT LIKE--DAT!!!
*chorus* *HE LIKES-IT LIKE THAT!!!....... "
<<<<see 4 urself>>>>
posted 10 August 2003 05:20 PM EDT (US)     25 / 42  
I wonder how long it would take to make a two-hour movie using the AOM editor... Seriously. How big with the file be?

More importantly, would anyone be interested in trying?

I am skilled in movie script writing (a half-completed sample of my work here: http://www.mythosclan.net/Miscellaneous/startrekunification.html) and would be more than willing to participate.

[This message has been edited by Mythos_Ruler (edited 08-10-2003 @ 05:21 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Age of Mythology: The Movie Contest WINNER
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames