You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Help with painting water
posted 09 December 2003 11:12 PM EDT (US)   
I think many have expierienced this problem. I'll use a example to explain my problem: I made a large island, on the lower half I made a pool of water and used water to connect it to the ocean. It worked fine. Then I made a second pool on the top half. I tried using a river to connect it to the other pool and it stops next to the lower pool without connecting. I also tried connecting the higher pool to the ocean and the same problem occured. Thanks in advance.

Note: I have AoM:TT

I Havent slept since I woke up and found my whole life was a lie mother****er...

[This message has been edited by Craddok (edited 12-09-2003 @ 11:23 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09 December 2003 11:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
I think its cause of that you cannot combine 2 different types of water. Actually, I am wrong, I have no clue why it happens, but its a problem with me too.
I recommend painting terrain agian and then try repainting the water, do not let go of the mouse button until you have the general outline.

Need Help? E-mail Me!
Completed Projects: Diety Battle II
Projects in Development:
Supreme Deity I 34% Complete
posted 10 December 2003 00:13 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
You cannot connect water levels placed at different elevations, unless you use the "Water Hills" technique. I believe you can find an article on how to do this in the Scenario Design Archive.
posted 10 December 2003 10:00 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Thanks all. Walrus, you were right. I fixed my probelm. Thanks again.

I Havent slept since I woke up and found my whole life was a lie mother****er...
posted 11 December 2003 04:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Everyone has that problem. I suggest creating your rivers and lakes first before doing any map design, and make sure you use the same water you used for the lake or pool, and be sure to make all water with the water tool first, so dont switch to any other option before you've created all the water you want.

As for elevated water, and you want to connect them to water created below, use my water on hills trick

posted 17 December 2003 01:42 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Say you have a blank map, paint from 1 side a river to the middle. Now go from the opposite side and paint a river to the middle. The rivers won't connect. You must do it from 1 direction (1 way lol)
Its not a bug really but I know it gets REALLY annoying...
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Help with painting water
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames