You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: MODIFY ProtoUnit <<Armor, Bonus attack>> hints on using correct Delta numbers
posted 09 January 2004 07:03 PM EDT (US)   
The effect Modify ProtoUnit is generally easy to use for editing common attributes such as Attack and Hitpoint.

Most of us probably already knew that:

• To increase the attack, we can simply enter a possitive Delta number (1, 2, or 3, etc.).
  • To decrease the attack, a minus sign is written before the number (-1, -2, or -3, etc.).

However, this does not work for: Armor and Bonus Attack.

ARMOR - the value for armor is written in percent %. Therefore, the Delta number should be a decimal that is less than 1 (e.g. 10% armor must be written as 0.10)

Example: if you want to increase the hack armor of your spearman from 40% to 50%, your Delta number must be 0.10 (not 10).

BONUS vs. - bonus attack is an extra damage that a unit does against a particular enemy unit. It is an added percent % from the attack. (A Delta 0.50 is +50% bonus damage)

Example: A Greek cavalry unit has 10 attack. If you give it a 50% bonus attack (Delta 0.50), then the total attack would be 15.

Attack ..... +50% Attack ..... = TOTAL ATTACK

10 + ..... (0.50)10 ....... = 15

Notes:

A) If you modify the attack of your Hippikon to 20, the bonus attack would be +50% of twenty: .... 20 + (0.50)20 = 30 attack

B) Bonus attack does not work against an enemy unit that has 0% armor!

[This message has been edited by Alexandergreat3 (edited 01-09-2004 @ 07:11 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 09 January 2004 07:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
    this is really good. is kind of short but very helpful. maybe you can explain what each field on the effect modify protounit does and how to write it.

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
    posted 09 January 2004 08:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
    Very Nice. One Question, how did you change the color of the triggers window?
    posted 10 January 2004 01:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
    auron2: Thanks, I'm glad you found it helpful. As to the other fields of the ModifyProtoUnit, I was thinking of doing that, but I felt most of them are either known or can be easily figured out, so I only did these two that I felt were a little tricky. However, if you're stuck on any of the other fields, please let me know. I'd be happy to help.

spbogie: I changed the color by editing the file named uitriggereditor.xml

If you have downloaded reyk's latest version of the New X Editor (Titan), this is the same one, but I modified the color a bit, since I like warm colors .

If you are currently using the same version, and you like this color, let me know, and I'll email you the file.

posted 10 January 2004 02:15 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
    Interesting, now I know why my units all got 100% armor.
    Sticky!

Theris264
    former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
    "An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
    posted 10 January 2004 02:15 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
    Great guide Alexander!

If i want some units do their specials quicker is it -1 for 1 second less in the Delta?

[This message has been edited by Archaion (edited 01-10-2004 @ 03:43 AM).]

posted 10 January 2004 04:54 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
    Archaion, yes, that's correct.

Also, you can look up for the specific length for each special attack at this website: http://pete.magneticpole.com/games/aom/

Make sure you check the boxes at the top-right of that page to show scenario units.

posted 10 January 2004 08:32 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
    The Egyptian Priests / Atlanteans Caladrias heals work like specials yes?

Where do you decide their healing rate?

posted 10 January 2004 09:23 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
    There is a field called Healing Rate, I don't think the healing counts as a special.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
    posted 10 January 2004 10:17 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
    I've Been Wondering If I Can Change A Units Regeneration Rate

ESO Screename: Almond1001
    "Then Go Talk To A Wall"-Quote From FF8
    Midas Design Playtester
    0===|::::::::::::>Sword Lover<::::::::::::|===0
    posted 10 January 2004 11:14 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
    good guide though I think that was already told many times.
    posted 10 January 2004 12:31 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
    Isnt Healing rate the units regen rate? Or is it purely for healing units?
    posted 10 January 2004 12:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
    Very cool, I never knew this before.
    posted 10 January 2004 04:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14  

Quote:

Isnt Healing rate the units regen rate? Or is it purely for healing units?

It is for healing units as, let's say, a priest heals a villager.

For self-regeneration, you can't do it with ModifyProtoUnit, but you can let units regenerate by use any of the Damage Unit effects:

Damage Unit
    Damage Unit%
    Damage Unit in Area

... but with a negative number.

Example:

TRIGGER A (Active, High priority, Loop)

Condition: Timer 1 sec
    Effect: Damage Unit -1Hp

If you do this correctly, your unit will regenerate 1hp every 1 sec. It would be much easier if we can do it with ModifyProto if ES made this field and other fields available ... such as the chain-lightning attack of the Son of Osiris.

[This message has been edited by Alexandergreat3 (edited 01-10-2004 @ 04:16 PM).]

posted 11 January 2004 05:47 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
    Great Job once again Alexander!
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » MODIFY ProtoUnit <<Armor, Bonus attack>> hints on using correct Delta numbers
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames