You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOMTT Editor Interactive Clinic
posted 04 September 2004 09:51 PM EDT (US)   

Is this you?:

- Chatted design questions to me on ESO while I'm trying to play a rated game?
- Think the FAQ and DL is a new burger franchise?
- Too scared to post a newbie question in the Design forum for fear of running the FAQ and DL reply gauntlet?
- Have emailed me questions about AOM's editor?

Well forget all that and behold:

Tom's new, exciting interactive AOM:TT

A friendly voice that hears and understands your editor pain.

Sure there's better- and smarter- designers than me. But they're not crazy enough to give out their chat channel so you can ask them editor questions! Hope had his "Ask Hope" post and King Jared has his "Post a Question" thread. While not a member of this accomplished group, here is my humble version.

Unlocking the Mysteries of the Amazing AOM:TT Editor

How it will work:

I will be online on Saturday, September 11, 2004 from 3PM to 4PM CST (8PM - 9PM GMT). I will set up a Mirc chat channel for the clinic so if you don't have Mirc you'll want to DL it. The Mirc server will be "Gamesnet: Random east US server" (the first one on the list) and look for the channel "Tom's AOMTT Clinic" or just "Tom's". Use the password "ReadFAQ&DL". Within the designated window you can chat to me with your AOMTT editor questions. Also you can log onto a Roger Wilco conn channel which I will set up for the duration of the clinic. The voice channel will be "Tom's AOM Clinic" and the password will be "Read FAQ&DL". If you don't already have Roger Wilco, it's free to DL so find a copy and install it for the clinic. For a full, action-packed hour I'll take your questions about the AOM:TT editor. Chat questions are welcome but with voice comm we could actually open the editor and mess around with it while verbally communicating. People can listen and follow along if they don't want to participate in the conversation but let me know who you are and that you're logging onto the clinic. I will also have a Messenger window open just in case people can't find the clinic. The Messenger channel will only be used to direct people to the clinic. Add a Messenger contact for me using tbarak@sprint.ca

Rules:
- Be patient! If I can't answer question(s) on the spot I will address them later by email or forum.
- If English isn't your first language, np, I'll do my best.
- You'll need at least Mirc. Roger Wilco is optional but it's free.
- I work in the TT editor so discussions will be based accordingly.
- If you log on and act ghey you'll get booted/banned faster than you can say gg.
- The Mirc and RW channel will be one-offs so the channels will not appear outside the designated window.

I will post any changes or notificiations in this thread so check it just before the clinic for any changes or updates.

Ask away, or just drop by and say hi. I'll also take musical requests if it comes to that.

Replies:
posted 05 September 2004 01:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
- I heard you talking about this a while ago and from the looks of it, this is probably going to be quite successful. I think I'll be there just to check it out- or maybe learn a thing or two
posted 05 September 2004 01:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
Sweet thread Good luck to it.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 05 September 2004 06:59 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
posted 05 September 2004 09:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
Good luck.

I liked your "Scenario Save Failed, All Triggers Erased, Have A Nice Day" pic.

posted 08 September 2004 09:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
Maybe a no-no to bump but so people see this.
posted 09 September 2004 10:27 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
Yeh, i thought the mods would help make this big....
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » AOMTT Editor Interactive Clinic
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames