Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Autobiography of Istari
posted 30 July 2005 11:07 PM EDT (US)   
---The fallowing was written by Istari---
Hmm... well first I suppose I should start with the name. Istari. What the heck does that mean? For any Lord of the Rings buffs out there, Istari is actually the Elven term for the five wizards that travelled to Middle-earth from the West. And yes, if you haven't guessed from the above and from my scenario 'The Hobbit', I'm a bona fide Tolkien freak. I've got all the movies, got all the books, got all the games, got all the soundtracks... well enough of that.

I was born and bred in British Columbia, Canada, where I still live and go to college. If any of you were wondering (gulp!) this is why I haven't designed anything of late... college is a little hectic. Currently I'm going into my second year, taking Biology (which I love), Medieval History (which I also love), and Chemistry (which I passionately hate to the bitter dregs of my soul)... *ahem* Actually, I love college a lot and find it infinitely better than high school (*shudder*).

On to hobbies, eh?? (sorry, I'm Canadian... I had to slip in that stereotype somewhere). In regards to music, my tastes are pretty varied. I like everything from U2, Barenaked Ladies (it's not what it sounds like), Evanescence, myriad movie soundtracks, and various classical music. As an über-bookworm, I've likely created quite a reputation for myself amongst the books, having ruthlessly devoured my way through countless science fiction and fantasy novels (Ender's Game, Dune, The Wheel of Time, The Lord of the Rings, The Odyssey, The Iliad, to name a few...). I love RTS's and RPG's (Baldur's Gate II is my all-time favourite game). I also have quite a few games for Gamecube. Oh yeah, and then there is this other game called... hmm... I had it just a minute ago. ...Age of Myths? no, Age of Mythics... Age of Mythology! That's it! Yeah, that's one's pretty cool too, if any of you have cared to try it.

Why do I design? Why do I spend hours and hours sitting at the computer writing, creating, and playtesting scenarios? Well frankly, because I love it. To tell the truth, I sometimes get this creative... 'itch', for loss of a better word. I just can't stop thinking about the scenario/story until I've completed it. I'm also an anal perfectionist, so my scenarios take even longer than normal. In fact, I sometimes stay up into the wee hours of the night scribbling furiuosly onto a notepad trying to write down all my ideas, like some mad scientist with caffeine just injected into his veins.

Well, I hope this little look into my life has enlightened you in some way, or at the very least put you swiftly into a deep and restful sleep. Contact me anytime. Until next time, I bid you adieu...

Sincerely, Istari

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
Replies:
posted 31 July 2005 03:39 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  

Quote:

I'm also an anal perfectionist

eeeeehm, right

nice article

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
posted 31 July 2005 07:41 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
posted 31 July 2005 08:13 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Yeah, good read!
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Autobiography of Istari
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames