Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Noob mapper
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 14 July 2006 04:25 PM EDT (US)   
Hello guys! this is a great forum. I look forward to learning from all of you!

[This message has been edited by Timmy2toes (edited 07-14-2006 @ 04:29 PM).]

Replies:
posted 14 July 2006 04:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 29  
haha i beat every one here, and welcome tim
posted 14 July 2006 04:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 29  
Hey Timmy2toes! Great to see someone new around here. Before you do anything else in here, let me explain to you a few guidelines:

• If you have questions, asked them in the Question Thread near the top of this section.
  • Don't post things that have no revelance to a topic in another forum(exmaple, don't post scenario design in the modding section).
  • If you'd like to announce a project(campaign, scenario), please make sure your project is half-way complete before posting.
  • Don't double or triple-post. Instead, edit your posts.
  • DON"T SPAM!?!??@?$!!@#(hope you got that message clear).
  • USE PROPPER GRAMMAR!@#%!%^&#(get that message in your head as well as the one above)

Well, hope to see great things from you soon.
    EDIT: Darn it! someone beat me! oh well.

If you don't know what to write, start writing. Same thing with scenario design. If you have know idea yet, start designing.

Projects: Kingdom

[This message has been edited by Young1_Z2 (edited 07-14-2006 @ 04:38 PM).]

• posted 14 July 2006 04:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 29  
    Welcome to AoMH, Timmy2toes. Nice to have you around.

Oh yes, follow the guidelines Young1_Z2 posted. Then you'll be a respected member of the forum.

Sweet baby maizes!
    posted 14 July 2006 05:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 29  
    @ Timmy2toes

Welcome aboard!
    You're a true new member aren't you? You applied... today!
    Congrats.
    Now, tell me one thing, why did you edit your former message, because of these guys? That's good, since I was answering it, it takes a litlle time, and now I have no idea what your thread was about, so I'll just guess.
    Basically, don't listen to anyone who isn't trying to help but only playing... smarty.

1) Condition
    A)So: Easy Condition: " Units in LOS ":
    ( We'll try to make it simple, and say when a unit is just close to the statue... )

• Source Unit: Select the statue, and click on " Center Unit ", then only double check by hitting the " Show button ", which should show you the statue selected again.
  • Player: 1 for example if you want the statue to react when only a player 1 unit comes close enough.
    But it's quite a long distance condition, about 10 steps...
    B)So: Complicated Condition I said!
    Condition: As it sounds like it could be any " unidentified " unit that touches the statue ( Am I right? ) you'll have to go for large and wide condition such as " units in area ":
  • Center Unit: Select the statue, and click on " Center Unit ", then only double check by hitting the " Show button ", which should show you the statue selected again.
  • Player: 1 for example if you want the statue to react when only a player 1 unit comes close enough.
  • Unit typt: Unit
  • Radius: Here you can make this condition firing the ( God Power trigger ) with a long distance between the statue and the unit, 10 = almost equal as LOS, or 1, the unit almost touching the statue. I wouldn't use 0, just superstition maybe but still...
  • Operator: >= 1, meaning only one unit would fire the whole process, but 2 would also, and even 35 of them... as long as they are player 1... Be ewtremely carefull with this operator. It's a trap! Could be... I almost did it the wrong way right now and right here with you!
  • Count: 1 or 35, this is actually where you put the number of units to have the condition firing the trigger. In your case it would be just 1.
    2) God Powers as far as I remember the original thread...
    Effects:
  • Grant God Power ( You don' have to do this for Ga•a )
    and within the same trigger, a second effect:
  • Invoke God Power.
    Important: Make sure the Player launching the God Power ( The Statue? ) has LOS ( Line of Sight ) at all of the GP locations ( as sometimes a GP needs 2 areas to be set. )

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 07-14-2006 @ 05:13 PM).]

• posted 14 July 2006 06:25 PM EDT (US)     5 / 29  
    Sorry jml I realized that i hit post topic instead of reply in the questions thread so i edited this topic to be my offical hello!

If you want to see my orignal question i moved it to the question thread.

Thanks for yor help i'm going to try it now.

Tim

posted 14 July 2006 11:35 PM EDT (US)     6 / 29  
    Welcome to Heaven Timmy2toes.

posted 14 July 2006 11:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 29  
    Join the faction do not use the question thread! 2nd of all you cant double or triple post so in that case do it all you want and welcome.Please do not use proper gramer you do not have to if you r too lazy to rite u or superextrofrguolistic then you just bang yur hed on da keybord like me oi7aw 4tago7wtso498giue
    posted 15 July 2006 00:10 AM EDT (US)     8 / 29  
    Dark Ownage, you really annoy me. What kind of message was that? You're just saying what I just said, but telling him not to do those things.

Timmy2toes, Dark Ownage is an example of a new guy gone wrong. Don't become like this.

If you don't know what to write, start writing. Same thing with scenario design. If you have know idea yet, start designing.

posted 15 July 2006 00:19 AM EDT (US)     9 / 29  
    Dark Ownage, You are not helping by telling him to do what the community shuns. You reject the question thread, and you may find trouble if the greens get irritated.
    posted 15 July 2006 01:38 AM EDT (US)     10 / 29  
    (BANGS HEAD ON KEYBOARD) r8yfru 287987987oiazisgsdbkd saq
    posted 15 July 2006 01:55 AM EDT (US)     11 / 29  
    Hello, i hope you enjoy your time here

Out Reach
    The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
    posted 15 July 2006 04:20 AM EDT (US)     12 / 29  
    Timmy2toes enjoy your stay i hope you learn much!

[This message has been edited by Dark Ownage (edited 07-15-2006 @ 06:29 PM).]

posted 15 July 2006 05:50 AM EDT (US)     13 / 29  
    Dark Ownage, please stop your spamming. You're ruining Timmy2toes' welcoming thread.

Sweet baby maizes!
    posted 15 July 2006 06:44 AM EDT (US)     14 / 29  
    The thing is.. dark ownage just isn't funny. And he's really becoming annoying.

-[Hello..
    posted 15 July 2006 12:06 PM EDT (US)     15 / 29  
    I still like him..... sort of......

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
    No matter what you say
    posted 15 July 2006 12:19 PM EDT (US)     16 / 29  
    Paperfriend, could Dark Ownage become your monkeyboy so you could tell him to be quiet? Sorry, he is just really annoying.

Timmy2toes, you'd probably know by now that Dark Ownage is a spamer annoying guy. Don't become immature like he has.

posted 15 July 2006 06:30 PM EDT (US)     17 / 29  
    Timmy2toes don't be an stuck up crowny like these fellows.
    posted 15 July 2006 06:45 PM EDT (US)     18 / 29  

Quote:

Don't become immature like he has.

i thought he was always immature, im suprised hes lasted this long here.
    Welcome to AoMH Timmy2toes (nice name), enjoy your stay, and ignore people like Dark ownage, and listen to people who type normally.
    posted 15 July 2006 07:23 PM EDT (US)     19 / 29  

Quote:

Timmy2toes don't be an stuck up crowny like these fellows.

I'm suprised to see you spelled 'suck up' wrong.
    Dark Ownage. DO NOT post here anymore. You are wasting up space. You are annoying. That's why almost everybody(except Paperfriend) hates you. If I were a moderator right now, I'd just ban you on the spot.

This is Timmy2toes' welcoming thread, not a spamming threading. And Timmy2toes, what I just did is an example if people like Dark Ownage annoy and anger me.

posted 15 July 2006 07:26 PM EDT (US)     20 / 29  
    Lets hail Dark Ownage!!!

Quote:

and listen to people who type normally.

You hear that, mate? I type normally and look at what I just said!

Quote:

If I were a moderator right now, I'd just ban you on the spot.

I would steal money from HG to build a second church for Dark Ownage. (Yes second!)

And welcome to our new friend, mate, buddy and whatever, now show us your skills

No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 07-15-2006 @ 07:41 PM).]

posted 16 July 2006 01:24 AM EDT (US)     21 / 29  
    welcome timmy and how bout we keep this a welcome thred for timmy and not a religion of dark thred? also is there a thred for newbies to post that they're here now? might be nice.

death is not the worst, it is the ultimate end
    posted 16 July 2006 06:19 PM EDT (US)     22 / 29  
    Thanks for the welcome guys. Umm, yeah so this thread seems to have been hijacked by some people so..

I tried what you posted to make my trigger work jml. Truthfully that was almost exactly what I was setting up for a trigger.
    Problem is it still wont work. I am stumped.

Just to make sure, player 0 and Gaia are the same right?

I set the invoke god power to player 0. Still no go.

The funny thing is this is the ONLY trigger that has given me any trouble. The trigger creator is very straight foreword.

Any advice would be appreciated

This is my original problem http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=23267&f=13,,0,10&st=225

Here is what i have so far:

Trigger 1
    active
    loop
    run immediately
    high priority

Condition
    units in area
    player: 1
    unittype: unit
    radius: 10
    condition: <=
    operator: 1

Effect
    invoke god power
    player: o
    power: vortex

Trigger 2
    active
    loop
    run immediately

Condition
    always

Effect
    Modifyprotounit
    unit: odins tower
    player: 0
    field: LOS
    Delta: 100

Let the sages have council.

posted 16 July 2006 06:26 PM EDT (US)     23 / 29  
    Did you specify an area for "units in area"?

No matter what you say
    posted 16 July 2006 06:49 PM EDT (US)     24 / 29  
    Yes I used the center unit on odins tower.
    posted 16 July 2006 06:54 PM EDT (US)     25 / 29  
    1. Did you specify the area where the GP is cast?
    2. Did you type "Unit" (mind the U), your post says unit.
    3. If it still doesn't work, try distance to unit or distance to point.

No matter what you say
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Noob mapper
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames