You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Buck Stops Here (IMPORTANT)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 19 July 2006 06:57 PM EDT (US)   
The buck stops here.

Actually, here.

There's been a lot of newbie flaming lately, especially for not using the question thread, such as 'OMFG YOU RETARDDDD UZ THE QUESTION THRAD GAY IDIOT GREEN DAY GUY'. This flaming will not be tolerated, and the next person who is doing it will have official action taken. You can politely ask the person to use the question thread, but flaming will not be tolerated.

Update:
If anyone makes a reply to a thread that ONLY says 'Question thread', or 'Use the Question Thread', or some something along those lines, they too will have official action taken.

[This message has been edited by Papaya (edited 07-21-2006 @ 11:35 AM).]

Replies:
posted 19 July 2006 07:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 40  
This is your masterplan? Congratulations. Now make another one for n00bs not using the question thread. Thanks.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 19 July 2006 07:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 40  
To be honest I couldn't give a toss whether n00bs use the question thread or not. Its just people like paperfriend that seem to think its their religious duty to bully every new-comer into using the question thread...that kind of attitude makes the forum worse than the n00bs did in the first place by posting the threads. Seriously. Some people here just need to chill-out a bit.

[This message has been edited by EaZy (edited 07-19-2006 @ 07:32 PM).]

posted 19 July 2006 07:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 40  
I am sorry to report that it is better that you don't post about this: I haven't seen you in the question thread, or any question thread for that matter, I give the people answers, and tell them to use the question thread. I am not always nice, but I think the number of people that drop are the same.

It doesn't really effect anyone, when I first came here, I justed wanted the answers to my questions, not some long speach, if I wanted that, I would make a "Hi!" post.

And FD2, I don't remember anyone using the word gay, and I find it extremely offensive that you dare to put me in cage with people that do. Please remove it.

No matter what you say
posted 19 July 2006 08:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 40  
Why do you infer that he was talking about you when he said that?

[This message has been edited by EaZy (edited 07-19-2006 @ 08:10 PM).]

posted 19 July 2006 09:15 PM EDT (US)     5 / 40  

Quote:

This is your masterplan? Congratulations. Now make another one for n00bs not using the question thread. Thanks.

Where did I say not to use the question thread? I wouldn't use blatant sarcasm in this situation. You're treading on very thin ice.

Quote:

I am sorry to report that it is better that you don't post about this

This is not your forum. This is HG's forum. The AOMH staff agreed that this thread was neccessary.

Quote:

I haven't seen you in the question thread

You're doubting my reasons for posting this thread because I don't post in the question thread?

Quote:

And FD2, I don't remember anyone using the word gay

I do. E-mail me if you want me to show you.

Quote:

and I find it extremely offensive that you dare to put me in cage

You're offended because I put a word in a post that I've seen here? I never named any names, I never said it was anyone. To be simple, the buck stops here.

posted 20 July 2006 04:04 AM EDT (US)     6 / 40  

Quote:

Where did I say not to use the question thread? I wouldn't use blatant sarcasm in this situation. You're treading on very thin ice.

We all know sarcasm is part of arguments, and can give insight in another ones opinion.

Quote:

This is not your forum. This is HG's forum. The AOMH staff agreed that this thread was neccessary.

And I can think otherwise and tell you, right?

Quote:

You're doubting my reasons for posting this thread because I don't post in the question thread?

Yes

Quote:

I do. E-mail me if you want me to show you.

Just post

Quote:

You're offended because I put a word in a post that I've seen here? I never named any names, I never said it was anyone. To be simple, the buck stops here.

You might not have mentioned any names, but anyone familiar with this site knows that I am one of the guys being refered to.

No matter what you say
posted 20 July 2006 04:27 AM EDT (US)     7 / 40  
This far end of the Internet Underworld could be kind of scary for arriving people. Like your first step on the moon. I truly believe it's not us who are important here, but them, the new guys.
I always write things thinking of them, meaning also of us, not of me. Of course a little " personalization " would always make it better... afterall, they're not only looking for help, but also something else, maybe love and tenderness... Well, some " personalization " then, but only as long as it makes it better for them in the first place.
These guys are all that matters to me. But it's just me.
For " personalization " showcasing... I'ld rather write a book. Well, actually...

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 07-20-2006 @ 04:34 AM).]

posted 20 July 2006 09:14 AM EDT (US)     8 / 40  
I totally agree with FD2 on this, and virtually everyone except paperfriend (no offense). In fact, I will go so far to say that the question thread, and the scoldings surrounding it, are slightly unnescesary and overused. Yes, it is probably better if simple questions like "Wait, whoah, what's the camera unlock key combination again?" use the question thread, but it's not like new threads kill forums. This forum is in place to help people, not to make older memebers' lives easier. Like JML said, the new guys are the most scared and awkward of all of us, and we should make their lives easier, not ours.

A kind "But when you have a really simple question like this, it's just easeir for everyone if you use the stickied question thread at the top of the page, k?" is fine, but I say that it is in no way deplorable to make a new thread in a forum.

SAVE THE WADJETS
I was on these forums before you were BORN!!!
posted 20 July 2006 10:28 AM EDT (US)     9 / 40  
Okay, There is this quetsion I had for ages. Now is the time:
Could anyone, with a little knowledge, tell me why it's such a technical problem to have muliple threads. It's just so natural if you want something, to simply ask for it. The question thread is still my favorite place in these forums, but it's kind of... unnatural and uneasy. I think we all started to realize this by now.
  • Is it so much space consumming?
  • Does it make it messy?
  • What else?
    Because there is one good thing about the single thread, which the question thread doesn't have: a title!
    Very helpful if you're looking by a specific word with the search box... With the question thread, so many good questions and better answers have been given, but they will be lost very soon for everyone, unless you like scrolling for hours...

About having " active titles " using " key words " within the question thread itself, for every reply such as:
    " Anubite Jump ":
    - How could we make Anubites not jump?
    - Turn them into flowers. Anubites are made for jumping.

I keep saying the same thing: How could you know when you first enter this forum, first and last most of the time, that you have to post in some question thread??????!!!!!!! This is totally unnatural... again!
    Just remember when you first landed here yourself.
    I like this place actually!

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 07-20-2006 @ 10:38 AM).]

• posted 20 July 2006 10:39 AM EDT (US)     10 / 40  

Quote:

Congratulations. Now make another one for n00bs not using the question thread.

Newguy: Hi I'm new. How do you make a cinematic
    Mod: BANNED!

Thats not good

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 20 July 2006 10:44 AM EDT (US)     11 / 40  
    Did I ever say the word banned?

@jml

I once made the suggestion of a special forum for questions, I can then read all the important threads (annoucements, advanced tricks, etc.) Without missing anything, and meanwhile answer questions.

Ofcourse you still have extremely shortsighted people posting here, but I guess it will less then just a question thread (I bet around the same number who post designing questions in the general section).

No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 07-20-2006 @ 10:49 AM).]

posted 20 July 2006 10:49 AM EDT (US)     12 / 40  
    Who else thinks paperfriend is a wannabe AoMPlayer000? Everything you say reminds me of him.

[This message has been edited by EaZy (edited 07-20-2006 @ 10:50 AM).]

posted 20 July 2006 10:50 AM EDT (US)     13 / 40  
    I doubt I am, because I don't know him from anything else then his cinematic guide and the intro of the second question thread.

No matter what you say
    posted 20 July 2006 10:53 AM EDT (US)     14 / 40  
    Yeah thats true. He left about the time you joined. But seriously, you remind me of him so much its un-canny...

And no, I am not accusing you of smurfing. This is merely an observation.

posted 20 July 2006 10:58 AM EDT (US)     15 / 40  
    Hhhmmm, to bad I can't read his profile..

No matter what you say
    posted 20 July 2006 11:12 AM EDT (US)     16 / 40  
    I agree with both sides of the argument. People like dark ownage were very much asking wfor waht they got, as they started all out 'anti-question threadness'. ut most new people, like me at first, don't know.

Just say ue the question thread and answer them. Politely.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 20 July 2006 12:50 PM EDT (US)     17 / 40  
    Your both wrong. Lets face it. There are going to be idiots everyday who dont know how to scroll, or click on file and look for 'screenshot'. Then there will people who will yell at these people the newbies are stupied, really, really stupied.

On almost every forum you look at, there will be a rules section, or a help guide, and no newbies will read it. They WILL post nonsence, unless in a million chances they were a long time lurker and know what to do. Almost everyone has done this.

Well, everyone but me.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. No need to be a pussy.

'~SwordStorm's Accomplishments~'
    '~The Vandhaal's Monkey Boy[?]~'
    '~Owner of Papaya's 3,333rd Post~'
    '~Owner of 666 post in Communitity RPG~'
    '~Owner of 99,999 post in Scenario Discussion~'
    '~Owner of Three Signatures in PF's Signature~'
    posted 20 July 2006 04:32 PM EDT (US)     18 / 40  

Quote:

Well, everyone but me.

Not just you, the number of people actually being intelligent is quite high. For the rest I agree with most of your post.

No matter what you say
    posted 21 July 2006 07:31 AM EDT (US)     19 / 40  
    I guess he pushed the moderators too far..

Let this be a lesson.

-[Hello..

[This message has been edited by AdZyZ (edited 07-21-2006 @ 07:32 AM).]

posted 21 July 2006 11:36 AM EDT (US)     20 / 40  
    Updated. Starting now the new rule is in effect.

oh you can wait for what I can give
    you know what I am so you know how I live
    try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
    its happening now and it’s always been like this.
    posted 21 July 2006 04:11 PM EDT (US)     21 / 40  
    This Newbie flaming was the most hilarious thing I have ever seen in this forum. I read the Moderation Announcments daily, and they always give me a good laugh. This one made me laugh so hard I got teary. Thanks.
    posted 21 July 2006 10:18 PM EDT (US)     22 / 40  
    Shame to lose paperfriend, but these things do happen. This is a good step, I think, we need to have a more equal feel to the website. old forumers and ideas have good roots, but you get to used to seeing the same old tree. the saplings of new forumers are the seeds of a new and better AOM heaven, we must not repulse them.

The mind knows only what lies near the heart. The Poetic Eddas

So long, Paperfriend, and thanks for all the fish.

posted 21 July 2006 10:24 PM EDT (US)     23 / 40  

Quote:

Shame to lose paperfriend

Paperfriend got what he deserved. Besides, if he can improve his posts and attitude, the ban will be over in less than 24 hours.

posted 21 July 2006 10:27 PM EDT (US)     24 / 40  
    Indeed.. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you don't have to have old tricks for a new dog...

Some of the most talented designers in AoM History (that I've recorded so far ) are sometimes by far the most newbish-acting.. And besides we were all once newbies to the game and forums.. Hope the new rules take in effect and directness immediately; good luck on maintaining the forums...

Regards,

Sandro The Wicke

SANDRO THE WICKE
    /\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
    A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
    {|What Is Wisdom Not But What We Make It To Be|}...
    TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
    Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3|Best Eyecandy Shots|Shot 4 Shot 5 Shot 6
    posted 22 July 2006 02:04 AM EDT (US)     25 / 40  
    @ Paperfriend

I don't know where to say that, so here and now.
    I miss you here. You've not only been always of a great help, but also sharing an unusual accurate knowledge of AoM. Which is going to lack.
    I didn't always agree with your attitude, but this is more about your personnal life, like everybody else... including myself. And this could be changed, if you see what I mean, and if you want to...
    By the way, I wish I could be banned sometimes. The only way to survive such a nice addiction.
    I would be pleased if you could do what it takes to show yourself around again. And I promise, no more joke about the dutch soccer team, about that!
    Hope you can read me, don't even know... Your profile is gone.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Buck Stops Here (IMPORTANT)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames