Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The 7 WONDERS from the AOM world : LONGLIST
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 03 June 2007 08:49 PM EDT (US)   

VOTE NOW !! CHECK THE VOTING THREAD

The LONGLIST is CLOSED for new submissions...No new submissions will be accepted anymore...stay tuned and thank you for all your suggestions and contributed wonders !

THE 7 WONDERS FROM THE AGE OF MYTHOLOGY WORLD

ELECTION LONGLIST

Content Thread 1 Longlist

1. INTRO
  2. NEXT STEPS
  3. LONGLIST ...= closed for new submissions !
  4. IMPORTANT LOCATIONS

INTRO

In this year, 2007, the
"NEW" 7 Wonders of the World will be (have been) elected. A pal from My forum called Albericht reminded me of this historical fact by posting a Major thread about this In my forum

Ofcourse for us AoM TT lovers there are only 7 true wonders and these are the 7 Wonders of the ancient world

1. The Great Pyramid of Gizeh
  2. The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
  3. The Temple of Artemis at Epheseus
  4. The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
  5. The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
  6. The Colossus of Rhodes
  7. The Lighthouse of Alexandria

You can find all the info about these 7 wonders of the ancient world here

But since 2007 is a special Wonder year it is about time that we ELECT THE 7 WONDERS OF THE AGE OF MYTHOLOGY WORLD

So this is why this first thread is set up.
In this thread a LONGLIST of AoM Wonders will be determined

BACK TO TOP OF PAGE

NEXT STEPS

The entire election will go like this

1. The 7 Wonders threads will be posted in The Vandhaal forum and the AomH scenario design forum
    Both locations will be the only official locations
  2. First the LONGLIST threads ( this thread) will be posted to determine as much as possible candidates
  3. From this Longlist a short list will be created by me.....again special SHORTLIST threads will be created
  4. The shortlist will be cut down to 20 options........and AoM lovers can vote for their 7 favourites which will be the final 7 wonders from the AoM world
  5. Last but not least the final 7 Wonders from the aom world will be presented in a last thread which will go down in Age of Mythology history.
    Maybe if I am not too lazy I will create a special page on my webbie for it
  6. In The Vandhaal gallery a special 7 wonders album has been set up...all wonders will be collected there
  7. Updating will happen when I am in the mood and find the time
  8. time span of this election.....we will see
  9. It should be obvious what can be seen as an AoM wonder and not..........I will decide if suggestions are allowed or not...NO discussion
  10. NO MODS are allowed in the wonders...only original aom stuff.....reyks/nottuds editor stuff and custom light is allowed ! I am not super strict...but mods which change entire buildings are NOT allowed
  11. other details will maybe follow in the future

YOUR DISCUSSIONS IN THIS THREAD AND COMMENTS ON THE PHOTO PAGES INSIDE THE LONGLIST ALBUM WILL BE USED TO DETERMINE THE SHORTLIST

BACK TO TOP OF PAGE

LONGLIST ...= closed for new submissions !

113 WONDERS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE LONGLIST

No new submissions will be accepted anymore
the Longlist is closed...stay tuned !

Thanx for all your submissions !

BACK TO TOP OF PAGE

IMPORTANT LOCATIONS

BACK TO TOP OF PAGE

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 07-09-2007 @ 07:23 AM).]

Replies:
posted 03 June 2007 10:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 96  
The album looks absolutely beautiful.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 03 June 2007 10:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 96  
If you have suggestion cheeseman just post away

I just tried to collect already as much as possible aom stuff which i knew of

but ofocurse all can suggest something for the longlist....doesn't matter if its old or new

i also think that the pics in the album give a good idea about what wonders of aom are.........they have to be a bit like the real wonders of the ancient world..and with this i mean ..some sort of construction or something ...made by the mortals or the gods

pure nature things will not fit in...

best regards,
The Vandhaal

oh and p.s

people you can also post comments in that album ( i think i have switched it on for also none registerd guys...not sure)

the comments o the various pics will also be used to dtermine the shortlist

ofocurse plz keep them friendly....NO need to make bad comments if you do not like certain stuff...only comment on the stuff you like

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-03-2007 @ 10:43 PM).]

posted 03 June 2007 10:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 96  
Wow, what a great collection of screenshots, V! I'll newsie this right away!

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.

[This message has been edited by PaPaya (edited 06-03-2007 @ 10:44 PM).]

posted 03 June 2007 10:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 96  
He great thanx a lot papaya

I hope some more will suggest stuff....obviously i do not know where to find all the goodies and wonders from the aom world.........but i tried to add as many as i knew off ( Alot had already been collected in other friends albums from my gallery)

i hope we can elect the 7 wonders of aom this year.....in parralele to the election of the 7 new wonders in the rela world

again thanx for the news

Best rergards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

posted 03 June 2007 11:01 PM EDT (US)     5 / 96  
Ok, I made the post, let me know if there is anything I should change/add.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 03 June 2007 11:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 96  
Thanx Papaya...looks good

i think if they check this thread all should become clear enough

now we have to wait and see if more suggestions will be posted...........although ofocurse 61 is already a good start

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

p.s if someone starts troubels about that pic/copyright on the aomH news...then simply replace it with the small gif image...that will not give troubels because i made it

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-03-2007 @ 11:08 PM).]

posted 04 June 2007 02:34 AM EDT (US)     7 / 96  
Dude your website is the heaven of screenshots! I was amazed to see so many very good and pro screenies. Though, since the topic is of high quality IMO, I chose only 7 (though the rest was also very impressive). Here you go:

1 - Water palace
2 - AqueDuct
3 - The old temple
4 - Bizancio
5 - Nordalto
6 - Colloseum
7 - Hieroglyphs of Osiris

Reconcile not with the fear of the snake, but embrace it as your own...
posted 04 June 2007 03:43 AM EDT (US)     8 / 96  
A great and loving idea, my dear friend. And... again... a beautiful presentation.
But think of the dumbies like me, who can barely read, because of brain and... time mostly.
Give me one clic, just one, to start this process with. Please, show some light to those who aren't very bright as I.
One click for the frenches!
Please?
Bravo... again...
posted 04 June 2007 07:23 AM EDT (US)     9 / 96  
@ DBGT44

Thanks for the comment

Ofcourse the voting for the final 7 has not started yet......this thread is only for making the longlist

BUT your list of 7 is a good example for a comment....... If more guys discuss or post stuff like that it will be handy to help cutting the longlist down to a shortlist of 20 wonders

Btw DBGT44 what do you mean by Old temple ?
Is the the forest temple by Guardian of isis ?
Dude your website is the heaven of screenshots! I was amazed to see so many very good and pro screenies.
I try to collect as much as possible "classic" from aom......in the hope they will not disappear

btw speaking about that....... there was this Tsunami studios member......who is called Godofexplosives or something................he is not acyive anymore....but I know he was a great eyecandy screenie maker...........i have searched like hell for his stuff...but it seems to be lost in cyberspace forever..........if anyone knows where to find his screenies plz tell me

@ JML

hahaha mon ami

no brains ? NO time you mean........Don't worry i am also at the brink of some months with 28 hrs/day too busy

I also replied in my forum to your post.....but let me give you one sentence and 1 link

with aom wonders I mean some sort of construction eyecandy....so in parralel to the real wonders....
just check the 7 wonders longlist album and you know Exact what i mean

so I do NOT mean.....stuff like my Bruennhilde screenies...they are more sceneries/landscapes and stuff....i mean stuff like the already added screenies show

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-04-2007 @ 07:30 AM).]

posted 04 June 2007 07:35 AM EDT (US)     10 / 96  
Oh! I didn't mean Old temple but actually the old water building. I think it is the third picture. GL with making the long-list (trust me but it seems already too full)

posted 04 June 2007 07:42 AM EDT (US)     11 / 96  
thanx DBGT44

its clear now
trust me but it seems already too full
Hahahaha NO worries........the shortlist will have only 20 wonders

but.......the long list needs to be there......otherwise maybe some wonder will be forgotten

the fact that there are so many wonders in the longlist is also the reason that i decided that no voting will be done to determine the shortlist ( because knowing the aom community that will not work out)......but comments discussion and stuff like you posted will help

so once the shortlist is made ( 20 wonders) the time has come to vote for the final 7 true wonders from the aom world

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-04-2007 @ 07:45 AM).]

posted 04 June 2007 07:43 AM EDT (US)     12 / 96  
Great! A simple link! I finally saw the list! Didn't have to go through this very y thread again.
Yu click, yu get it!
But so many. Give us some time. It's better to sleep a bit on this kind of choice. To let it grow on its own.
posted 04 June 2007 07:48 AM EDT (US)     13 / 96  
hahaha JML

well the above thread has a content navigation

if you would have clicked on number 3 you would have been scrolled to the longlist......and would have seen a HUGE BOLDED link which leads to the same album

you lazy french bugger

now get to work

yes it should grow a bit.....and indeed i will sleep over it for some time

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

posted 04 June 2007 08:31 AM EDT (US)     14 / 96  
Wow fantastic idea!!! And some great screenshots. My favourite has to be the White Castle of Germania by Macehead, awe-inspiring!

Shame it only includes previously created submissions, considering AOMh is formed mostly of a newer breed of designers if might have been great if they could all submit a new creation for the long-list, even if they don't make it to the short-list.. makes the community feel more attached.. might be fun aswell!

ROME: 78 BC | | | | | THE LOST RUINS
Rome in your hands | Of Ancient Mesoamerica

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 04 June 2007 08:43 AM EDT (US)     15 / 96  
All can contribute their suggestions

doesn't matter if the stuff is new or old

so also new guys to AoM design can contribute if they like

As said the images which are already on the longlist are the once I could find ( and knew of) but probably there are more possible candidates.....but people have to suggest them ( with the template posted in the above topic)

this is ofcourse not really a competition....but more an effort to determine the 7 wonders of the AoM world

the longlist and shortlist albums will be a tribute to the many other aom wonders who do not make it into the final 7

So yes the community is needed here..... not only old but also new guys/girls

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

p.s could someone check if he can make a comment on the picture pages in the album ?

I think i have switched that option on...but i am not sure if unregisterd people can post

If it works you should see a drop down menu at the right or at the left bottom.... or some link wich says add comment

as said only comments on things you like to be in the shortlist are needed

(lets hope no spambot will find that feature and spamms the gallery to death)

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-04-2007 @ 08:53 AM).]

posted 04 June 2007 10:21 AM EDT (US)     16 / 96  
" Add comments " works but doesn't show here:
Here
and there...

Job's done!

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 06-04-2007 @ 10:31 AM).]

posted 04 June 2007 10:37 AM EDT (US)     17 / 96  
Hey, you added one of mine, but it wasn't made by Kalos Designs, it was made by me!

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor

[This message has been edited by Titan602 (edited 06-04-2007 @ 10:38 AM).]

posted 04 June 2007 10:38 AM EDT (US)     18 / 96  
wow, this is amazing... very good. and a lot from the lost legion of Oscar :P. but a lot of these are complete cities and the real world old wonders are all 1 building... or doesn't that matter? (i don't want to say that the cities aren't good, but just that i think that they don't fit in a wonders of the aom world competition.)

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
Can a point be a point when it is pointless?
posted 04 June 2007 10:49 AM EDT (US)     19 / 96  
Thanx JML

hmm the comment which does not show up is weird

i posted a comment ( under your name) and it did show up

hmm maybe just a freak accident or something

so yes guys you can use the comments sytem also to post at your favourites for the shortlist
if it does not show up then try again or post in one of the threads

thanx again JML

@ Titan602

Thanx.....i could not find the creator name ....i took the pic from the kalos design eyecandy project thread

i will update your name

p.s. counts also for others.........if some name or location is incorrect just tell me

@Boetje

I am glad you like it
Yes i know the ancient real wonders are just 1 building

However the NEW 7 wonders also have cities and groups of buildings

like for example Machu Picchu is one of the candidates of the new 7 wonders of the world

[JPEG, (139.92 KB)]

so i think entire cities will suit very well into the 7 wonders from the aom world

so they will also stay in as a group of structures

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-04-2007 @ 10:50 AM).]

posted 04 June 2007 10:53 AM EDT (US)     20 / 96  
So we just wait till you tell us when to vote...

posted 04 June 2007 11:11 AM EDT (US)     21 / 96  
Aw, none of my structures made it into the list

Perhaps its because none of the screenies exist anymore.

I suppose its a little late to make a new wonder?

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
posted 04 June 2007 11:11 AM EDT (US)     22 / 96  
So we just wait till you tell us when to vote...
Not really....you guys can help to get more involved.....suggest wonders for the longlist.....and discuss wonders which already have been placed on the longlist ( so like you have done in your post)

after that...ofocurse you guys wait untill the voting starts

this voting will take a while........... because i will not simply rush the cut down of the long list........i will carfully look ,think,sleep,think again, read your comments, sleep again, think again...etc...etc about all the wonders
before i make up the shortlist

As already said I know for sure that voting items into the shortlist will not work with the current aom community ( a lot of aomers will be even too lazy to brows through the entire longlist) so thats why I decided to make the shortlist ( maybe togehter with a couple of the most active guys.....we will see who they are)

@ reinfire
Aw, none of my structures made it into the list

Perhaps its because none of the screenies exist anymore.

I suppose its a little late to make a new wonder?
The longlist is NOT final yet
so please suggest your stuff if you think it is suitable for the longlist ( use the template)
I cannot find all the wonders of aom myself...so i need all guys to suggest candidtates for the longlist

Its not really needed to create new stuff..... especially for older forummers..............new guys to aom can ofcourse create something

the idea is more to look at all the wonders from the entire tiemperiod in which aom is around

I have great difficulty to find stuff from the Pre-titans age ( aom vanilla) i belive it was not possible back then to overlap objects but for sure there must be some works which desreve it to make it into the lon/short/final wonders

so if anybody knows some pr-titans stuff please post

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 06-04-2007 @ 11:17 AM).]

posted 04 June 2007 11:14 AM EDT (US)     23 / 96  
@ Reinfire: That's what I said, but Vandhall replied by saying if more suggestions or even new wonders were submitted they would be entered into the long-list and concidered for shortlisting.

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 04 June 2007 11:20 AM EDT (US)     24 / 96  
Aw, every screenshot I ever took in AoM is deleted destroyed and incinerated. never mind

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
posted 04 June 2007 11:30 AM EDT (US)     25 / 96  
What about these:

Reinfire
  • The Senate
  • The Palace
  • The Temple
  • Military Barracks
  • The Library
  • Gold and Iron Factory
  • The Goldmine
  • The Docks
  • City of Chaos

I think your Library is pretty impressive, as in the city as a whole.

AOMh Member since 2004

[This message has been edited by AnnoDominius (edited 06-04-2007 @ 11:32 AM).]

• « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The 7 WONDERS from the AOM world : LONGLIST
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames