Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Chosen Ones
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 28 August 2007 09:52 AM EDT (US)   
This will be my first ever fully made RPG. But before you say "Oh no another Noob trying to make a good map and also having the guts to think it is good..." Well if you do think this then you have just missed out on a chance to do a hopefully great new RPG.

The Story

Generel Thesil is returning from a battle, his men are weary and few, as the men reach a forest they stop, hear a sound, and are ambushed by Hodiac Rebels. None of them are killed however.

The Hodiac Rebels take Thesil and his men back to a small camp where they meet Folican the Almighty, he then qustions them on a subject that they do not understand. He ask them why they killed all his men and torched his farms, the men who had never been so far north, didn't have a clue what he was talking about...but Folican didn't want to hear it and decided to return back to their main camp.

But they never reached the camp, Thesil started to hear screams of pain and the hands that had held on to him tightly before had let go. As he was blindfolded he had no idea what was happening, ran until he reached a forest he backed up into a tree and rubbed the bind that held his hands away when he opened his eyes...he saw a massive castle near the forest and that's when the story begins...

Screenshots

The reason that there aren't that many screenshots is because I wanted to leave some of the map as a surpirse itherwise it can be quite boring. Wanted to say sorry in advance for having the minimap in the corner, it's just I had to get through quite a few photos.

Full map Screenshot
This one (obviously) shows the whole map the whole of the left hand part is non-playable, it is all cinematic. The top right is where the castle is and the bottom right is the great forest.

Full Town Screenshot
This screenshot shows the castle/town to the left is where the rich people live to the right is the Trolls Engine and in the middle is most of the housing.

Town (1)
This one shows a different way to look at the town...fairly simple not much more I can say, excpet in the top left hand corner you can see the house where Ferax lives.

The Trolls' Engine
This is an enlarged picture of the trolls engine, I won't say anymore because it might just give away too much of the story.

Characters

This is the problem that I have right now...I am not sure if I want to do this as a one off Scenario or as a whole campaign. So some of the characters aren't actually in the first one, they will be highlighted in green and you might see them, might not.

Generel Thesil

He is the protaganist of the story (did I spell that right?) but you find out there are dark secrets about him that get uncovered. He works under the emperor Anton Yuenny, of the Souther Lands Tralicora. He was tasked to go North and defend a Shipment of Goods, heading for a dock in Tralicora but was attacked by the Fifth Legion of Scarianous, under the OverLord Xanar the Minotaur. (The part where they get attacked by the Fifth legion is not in the First Scenario.)

Folican the Almighty

Leads a clan called Hodiac, they live in the northern lands, of Gargorian and he only features once in the first Scenario. But he has known Dark Times in his past and is much older than he looks. Many secrets he knows and many will be revieled.

Xanar the Minatour

Not seen in the first Scenario Xanar the Minatour leads the people of Scarianous, he is known througout the lands as a harsh and evil ruler. When he was 5 his father was killed in battle and he became an Emperor.

Generel Menogolias

A generel in the army of Scarianous, a strong fighter and a great tactician. One of Xanar's top men, but is he all that bad?

Der Lanoc

A crazy old wizard, he lives outside the town of Srene, but the question really is. Why has he lived there all his life? Is he really human? What connections does he have with Generel Thesil?

The legendary King of Srene

On first inspection a normal king who would do anything for his people. But there is something else there, something you can't put your finer on. Why does he have walls outside his palace? Why does he let trolls build Engines in his own castle? Most interestingly why is he so legendery? Only one man knows, himself...

Dredfocks the Wizard

An extremely evil wizard, but very popular amongst most Witches and Wizards, his plans always involve killing in some way. His arch-rival the beutiful Srilenki leader of the opposing party.

Srilenki the Witch

Leader of the Witches and Wizards opposition party, against Dredfocks, her plans involve good and not killing. Although her supporters are few they are loyal. which might affect the future of Wizards, Men and Trolls alike.

Silenhji the Witch

The mother of Srilenki, she keeps her powers secret. Her rival is Dredfocks and she has plans to...dispose of him. Her mind was twisted and warped when she was taken hostage by shades in the Hollow Lands, although she is good her mind has similar characteristics of evil.

Dredfock's Soldiers

Obediant Servants of Dredfocks, as his elite guard they are charged with many important tasks. When and if they fail they are severely punished. A fate worse than death

Captain Rintoer

A captain in the forces of Anton Yuenny. He is a great friend of Generel Thesil, but the descions he makes could cost him dearly, with his life and others around him.

Bronak and Dofgren the Twins

Little, next to nothing is known about these twins who wander the northern and southern lands fighting evil. But the story goes that when they were children, their city and everyone they knew was burnt and killed. But they escaped as their mother had bid them do, and now they wish to find out who destroyed their city. But soon their story binds in with that of Generel Thesil's.

Gonar the Centaur

A strange and mysteious centaur who roams the forests in the northern lands, apparently looking for something. That something might just be exactly what he can't have...most of his story will/might be in the next scenario but you do see a little bit of him in the first.

Generel Thesil's Soldiers

Men who are Generel Thesil's most loyal and strongest warriors...what more can I say?

Campaign

I will be going ahead with the campaign idea, The Chosen Ones there are 5 scenarios in all which will be released at the same time. (Except the lucky few who get to playtest!) Right now I am having some difficulty with putting together a campaign file -you know the thing you do on notepad - so any help would be great. Here is a list of the Campaigns in order:

The Rainshamer
The Fifth Council
My People
The Dfrad Warlocks
The God

Expected Release Date and Percentage

Unknown for now but most of the work is done...

100% Map Design

70% Triggers

Play testing

Just to let you know this scenario is still going ahead, I will be doing the whole Campaign. But right now I need playtesters for the first map. I will need you in about a week, but thought I might aswell get the message out now.

Play Testers

Keron Cyst

Baske

These people will (I think) be doing the whole campaign, if you are only interested in doing one or two of scenarios then that's fine as well. But remember places are going fast and I don't want the whole of AOMH to playtest it cause then no one will need to download.

I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible

[This message has been edited by Caribdus (edited 09-25-2007 @ 03:02 AM).]

Replies:
posted 28 August 2007 12:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 40  
Good luck. Screens look good.

I never asked for this.
posted 28 August 2007 02:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 40  
Thanks as it is only my first map, I am not sure how good the map design is in comparison to others but I hope it is good.

I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible
posted 28 August 2007 02:00 PM EDT (US)     3 / 40  
Brilliant showcase! I like the way youve laid everything out with the characters (A bit like my PTN one). The images make it look very exciting, although they could be a bit smaller. Ive got to make better showcases . Add more tags admin people!

lol, anyway eyecnady looks excellent. And sounds like a good original story.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 28 August 2007 02:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 40  
Yh lol, ty I didn't mean for them to be so big but i forgot to crop the images more...they are a bit in you face, anything else you think should be added to the showcase to make it better?

posted 28 August 2007 02:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 40  
Well I'd say to use photobucket and not imageshack because some people cant see those images.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 08-28-2007 @ 02:10 PM).]

posted 28 August 2007 02:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 40  
For the hyper links? Cause the hyperlinks are imageshack and the pictures are phtobucket...

posted 28 August 2007 02:13 PM EDT (US)     7 / 40  
The map design is good! I see you've developed your own style of map design now.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 28 August 2007 04:33 PM EDT (US)     8 / 40  
Looks good! Maybe you could try and add a little more eyecandy though, it looks like you didn't put enough effort for areas of your map other than the beautiful city.
Please come and look at the announcement thread for my Kradle of Chaos RPG!http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,25728,0,10
Be sure to leave a comment!

-Leader of the VerSus Clan- Visit us!
AoM TT ESO Username Currently VS_ZzumoxX
Working on the Kradle of Chaos.
posted 28 August 2007 04:56 PM EDT (US)     9 / 40  
Yes, you raise a good point, however the main reason why there isn't so much eyecandy round the rest of the map is because of:

A-It's Cinematic (Which could be improved)
B-Outside the castle there is only fighting if I put too much stuff down it will get in the way.

But I see your point and will try to add more eyecandy to the rest of the map. Thanks for saying the town was beutiful!

posted 28 August 2007 09:52 PM EDT (US)     10 / 40  
Generel Thesil looks awefully alot like Kastor O_o.
Well your showcase was done very well.It makes me want to play this. So I guess thats good

Beta(eyecandy)Team Leader of Omega Studios
Try some of my maps reviews appreciated.
posted 29 August 2007 01:40 AM EDT (US)     11 / 40  
Lol, I don't want to get people too worked up because it might not be that good...but I hope and think it is.

(Oh yh if anyone has any other ideas what they might like to see on the showcase, just say. Bare in mind it won't be needed much longer.

posted 29 August 2007 02:10 AM EDT (US)     12 / 40  
Hmm, a simple mod even I know how to do is record a sound and then change the unit soundset. It even works online!

So say if I wanted the Son Of Osiris to say 'Greetings, mortal' when you click on him, Id have to record it and then change the soundsets document. .

posted 29 August 2007 02:46 AM EDT (US)     13 / 40  
Oh yeh that reminds me I need to put Dredfocks royal guards in...(Son of Osiris)

posted 29 August 2007 10:35 AM EDT (US)     14 / 40  
I have just done a massive chunk of triggers and the project is well underway. (If you see this page please comment anything is helpful)

posted 31 August 2007 04:44 AM EDT (US)     15 / 40  
Come on people I need to have posts so I can get people excited about this scenario...come on

posted 31 August 2007 04:55 AM EDT (US)     16 / 40  
Please dont triple post, it counts as spam. try editing your previous post.

If you want more people to reply try updating the main showcase.

posted 31 August 2007 05:16 AM EDT (US)     17 / 40  
Triple posting is only acceptable when there is weeks, or even months between the posts..

Bookmark your thread. That way you can periodically bump it up when it drops off the 1st page.
posted 31 August 2007 02:47 PM EDT (US)     18 / 40  
Thanks PrplPplEater but I think t was a bit excessive and Yeebaagooon, you enjoyed every moment of typing that message...good for you.

posted 31 August 2007 04:57 PM EDT (US)     19 / 40  
Looks intesting. How about making dramatic backgrounds for your characters instead of the snow at nighttime lighting? i.e.. put (just enough of) an army behind your general as a backdrop and vary the lighting.
I am impressed with the detail of the character history/background. Eyecandy is a great aspect of a scenario, but I think it is the story that gives depth.

good luck with the scenario, Caribdus...

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 03 September 2007 04:11 AM EDT (US)     20 / 40  
Hey thanks for the comment.

The Map is now about 70% done...

Ok the first map is done but they are all going to be released as one Campaign I am 10% done on the second scenario (about).

In the showcase I will also be adding the whole story. Except the good bits which would totally spoil the story.

[This message has been edited by Caribdus (edited 09-12-2007 @ 03:04 AM).]

posted 12 September 2007 11:23 AM EDT (US)     21 / 40  
Soz that i need to double post again just wanted to say there have been ome updates in the showcase and also the post above as got more information please post if you have any questions or are interested in playtesting...thanks!

posted 22 September 2007 00:46 AM EDT (US)     22 / 40  
I've been viewing some of the AOMH projects and this project still is unique and amazing. I hope you have the time and motivation to finish it. As I'm am eager to play it.

A green great dragon.
posted 22 September 2007 03:14 AM EDT (US)     23 / 40  
Thanks, yer I am still working on it...infact the first scenario is done in the first campaign but I could do with help to make the campaign thing on notepad cause I haven't got the hang of it yet...

Thanks,

Caribdus

posted 24 September 2007 07:27 AM EDT (US)     24 / 40  
Play testing

Just to let you know this scenario is still going ahead, I will be doing the whole Campaign. But right now I need playtesters for the first map. I will need you in about a week, but thought I might aswell get the message out now.
Can I playtest it Caribdus?

A green great dragon.
posted 24 September 2007 07:30 AM EDT (US)     25 / 40  
yer sure that would be great i'll add you to a list. If anyone else wants to playtest I will need about 3 people in a few weeks just say. thanks!

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Chosen Ones
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames