Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: PDS Presents: The Lost Ruins of Mesoamerica
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 19 January 2008 02:54 PM EDT (US)   

VISIT THE WEBSITE

After reading an article in The Times newspaper, renowned archaeologist Dtchess Carolina Rowancroft of Berkshire has donned her expedition gear and jumped on the next flight to Bolivia. Little did she know she would find more than just Inca treasure there...

Bolivia 01

Bolivia 02

CHAPTER I: Bolivia [Download Now]

CHAPTER II: Copacati Temple [11% Complete]

Creative Commons License

This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence

© 2007-2009 AnnoDominius. All rights reserved

[This message has been edited by AnnoDominius (edited 02-17-2009 @ 09:16 AM).]

Replies:
posted 19 January 2008 03:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 34  
Hey, don't get burnt out too fast

This looks really good. I love the way you're using Amanra's jump, too

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 19 January 2008 03:29 PM EDT (US)     2 / 34  
Slow down the pace there Anno One scenario at a time Nah, looking forward to it!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 19 January 2008 03:39 PM EDT (US)     3 / 34  
Stick to one thing already, eh?

Nice showcase. I'll look forward to the...screenshots and stuff. Lol.
posted 19 January 2008 09:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 34  
@ Baske & ILB: Well considering ROME is going to take a fair time to complete. And I needed a break from the endless copy and pasting that ROME involves, I thought i'd complete this on the side. It doesn't take too much work as the map was completed a while ago, just a few modifications and triggering and it'll be done Also, i'm making this scenario without mods so I can please an audience that doesn't want to install mods to their game.

@ PPE: Thanks, I love how the screenshot borders have turned out.

ROME: 78 BC | | | | | THE LOST RUINS
Rome in your hands | Of Ancient Mesoamerica

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 20 January 2008 05:35 AM EDT (US)     5 / 34  
Slow down there Anno. Two scenarios AND the project? Let the steam flow out before you set the sauena on again. Otherwise you'll turn out like.. err.. me

Love the banner.

OlympicCurse
Proud map designer of the Eragon AOM scneario project.

[This message has been edited by OlympicCurse (edited 01-20-2008 @ 05:36 AM).]

posted 20 January 2008 06:03 AM EDT (US)     6 / 34  
The dividers are the real easter egg here tbh.

The borders are a little busy. Maybe if they were thinner and you could see more of the shot itself.
posted 20 January 2008 08:07 AM EDT (US)     7 / 34  
@ OC: Lol, thanks I'll endeavour to keep the steam to a minimium.

@ PPE: Yes I suppose you're right with the thickness. I'll see if I can do anything about that without ruining the effect.

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 20 January 2008 10:33 AM EDT (US)     8 / 34  
So here is where the picture came from. Looks like a little scenario created beside the bigger project.
I can't wait to play this. Fabulous eyecandy! There should be more of those small projects but which still are perfect. The problem is that you ALWAYS want to make something more of a great idea than just a tiny one.

Only 30% left

posted 21 January 2008 07:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 34  
@ Lupus: Lol, that's so true. Even now this is developing into a bigger and bigger project. I think I may release it as a series and then i'm not bound to complete an entire story if it's not successful.

And on that note:

Main Thread UPDATED

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 24 January 2009 03:10 AM EDT (US)     10 / 34  
Unarchived and bumped on request.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 24 January 2009 08:00 AM EDT (US)     11 / 34  
Thanks Yeebaagooon. Note to everyone - this thread will be used for keeping track of updates etc. Also. I'd appreciate it if some of you could check out the website and let me know what you think.

Regards Anno

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 24 January 2009 02:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 34  
Must-play-Chapter2.

It's brilliant!
posted 24 January 2009 02:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 34  
That was awesome. Now hurry up with the next one . Loved the jumping btw. It was a cool feature.

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus
posted 24 January 2009 03:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 34  
Looks really promising, and I love the Bob Moran feel it seems to have (I have yet to actually play the first part though). What I've seen of the website looks great as well, good work on all fronts it seems

All I wonder now is why the first chapter is submitted under pharaoh's name. Could it be that he releases all finished Purple projects, pray tell?

__[]_________
|||||||||||||||||
The ||||||||||||||||| Hus
OF | [/ \] |¯| [/ \] | ME
______________________________________________________________________________ |__ _ |¯|____|_______________________________________________________________________________
The Relics of Athalën (5.0) | AoK Opus - 100,000+ downloads | StormWind Studios | "I consider the conversion of Basse to be one of the great triumphs of my modding crusade" - Matt LiVecchi

[This message has been edited by Lord Basse (edited 01-24-2009 @ 03:21 PM).]

posted 25 January 2009 00:05 AM EDT (US)     15 / 34  
@ SotK & Lastgiver: Thank you both for your positive feedback. I'll endeavor to get this next chapter released as soon as quality will permit.

@ Lord Basse: Pharoh_Elite is I. It's my old name which I changed roughly 3 years ago but to link all my files together I continue to use the pharoh account for downloads. Thanks for your comments on the website - How was the scenario now that you've played it - enjoyable?

Generally, how long is it taking people to complete?

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 25 January 2009 09:17 AM EDT (US)     16 / 34  
Generally, how long is it taking people to complete?
5-10 minutes the first time through, however I couldn't figure out what the search function was used for so I didn't get the third(?) secret statue thing.

Took me 20 minutes to completely finish it, after typing search every where I went ~ Steak

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
posted 25 January 2009 09:38 AM EDT (US)     17 / 34  
great, 20-30 minutes is ideal time for this I reckon. Don't want it being too long.

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 25 January 2009 11:10 AM EDT (US)     18 / 34  
All I did was type search, and move around ;p and when it went away I typed it again, lol, it was all pretty obvious but some areas wouldn't let me move so I had to restart 3 times 3 times until I could finally fit in ;p, make sure next chapter I don't get stuck.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 25 January 2009 11:32 AM EDT (US)     19 / 34  
All I did was type search, and move around ;p and when it went away I typed it again, lol, it was all pretty obvious
That's a bit of a paradox. If it was all pretty obvious then why did you need to go around typing search on every inch of the map. That sort of denotes that it wasn't obvious at all.

Where did you get stuck - it would be helpful to know specifically as I never had problems getting stuck anywhere.

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 26 January 2009 08:43 AM EDT (US)     20 / 34  
Before I ask my question, I am making some general assumptions. (skip this part if you want)
1. When you type 'jump' it activates a trigger that fires if the explorer-chick (can't remember name ) gets in range of monkeys.
2. That triggers effect is to change the diplomacy of the monkeys from ally to enemy and fires a different trigger that changes the diplomacy back and fires the original distance-trigger.

Alternitavley,
The trigger is always active, it just sets a QV. And everything is controlled by QV's (same effects as above though )

I'm not sure if you have done this already, because I haven't looked at the triggers, but when you type jump, does it ever revert the monkeys' diplomacy back to normal after a certain amount of time? ~ Steak

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

[This message has been edited by Steak And Khan (edited 01-26-2009 @ 08:44 AM).]

posted 26 January 2009 08:53 AM EDT (US)     21 / 34  
The first assumption is roughly speaking correct. The diplomacy does change back but only once the jump has been completed, so theoretically, if you typed jump and then moved Carolina away from the jump spot that monkey would remain enemy and so Carolina could end up jumping without you instructing her to at a later date. No it doesn't have an auto revert after a certain amount of time. Perhaps that'll be a good idea to install, it may cause complications for some of the longer jumps.

NEW SCREENSHOT ADDED!

AOMh Member since 2004

[This message has been edited by AnnoDominius (edited 01-26-2009 @ 08:54 AM).]

posted 26 January 2009 06:46 PM EDT (US)     22 / 34  
Hey this looks interesting! I love the showcase design :O . If I find time I'll download this and possibly review.

If you don't know what to write, start writing. Same thing with scenario design. If you have know idea yet, start designing.

Projects: Kingdom
posted 26 January 2009 08:26 PM EDT (US)     23 / 34  
Nice screenie, I hope the temple has plenty of puzzles ;p.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 26 January 2009 09:30 PM EDT (US)     24 / 34  
Oh it will. More puzzles than Chapter I. That was just a taster.

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 11 February 2009 10:11 PM EDT (US)     25 / 34  
I have played the scenario and even though it's very short it is now one of my favourites!
Simple gameplay but entertaining. The different actions you could do were just lagom*.

*)A widely used Swedish word with no translation. It means that something is neither too much nor too little. A perfect amount of something.

The scenario design was very good and unique. It created a really nice Inca-feeling and loved it.

This makes me wanna work together with you on a project someday! I hope you will have time in the future if we're still on to editing.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » PDS Presents: The Lost Ruins of Mesoamerica
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames