You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Campaign: The Etchings
posted 26 December 2008 01:22 AM EDT (US)   

by Nanodude and FM!
(CLICK FOR TEASER AUDIO!)

Overview: Denes, an orphaned Centaur, has been exiled to the little-known Greek mountain of Etna. Having little lust for the wild pursuits of his brethren, he has used his solitude to pursue inner wisdom, even befriending an old scholar, who has adopted him as a mentor. Yet, strange things have begun dominating his life.
Though creatures have emerged from the bowls of Etna to ravage the night for decades, the mountain itself seems to have become restless of late. The locals take it for fact that Typhon is imprisoned far beneath it, but even the gods that imprisoned him seem to point their defenses toward the like-named volcano in Sicily.
Denes's shelter, a cave on the side of the mountain, has just collapsed, and it is up to you to find him another place of dwelling within Etna before the beasts rise at nightfall. And, perhaps, it will be up to you to guide him in keeping imprisoned the even greater monsters beneath.

Screenshots:
Scenario 1: "Bastard"
TE Scrn 1 TE Scrn 1.5 TE Scrn 2 TE Scrn 2.5 TE Scrn 3 TE Scrn 3.5 TE Scrn 4 TE Scrn 4.5 TE Scrn 5 TE Scrn 5.5 TE Scrn 7 TE Scrn 7.5 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Random facts:
  • We just started making it, so... yeah. X) This gives me something to do during break, but I'm normally pretty busy.
  • Obviously requires TT.
  • Continuity is maintained with Ensemble's campaigns, with some characters returning.
  • Mods won't be included, but music and voice files will.
  • All playable scenarios will probably involve groups of units in some way. No RPG crap.
  • We haven't decided on the length of the campaign, but based on the story arcs, I'd say it'd contain at least around 17 playable scenarios.
  • Since this thing will take forever, a demo with the prologue and the first two scenarios after it will be released when it's ready.

How YOU can help:
    We really need voice actors! I'm voicing Denes, and I've got a friend in mind for the bad guy, but any help would be great. We need the basic stuff: villagers, nymphs, Typhon's bitch, some guy that sounds a lot like Arkantos, et cetera.

Just record a file of you saying something in your normal character voice (the first few lines of the Overview, if you can't think of anything else) and attach it in an email to alaar781@gmail.com to audition.
  • [This message has been edited by Found Missing (edited 01-01-2009 @ 08:38 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 26 December 2008 02:50 AM EDT (US)     1 / 26  
    shit that's beautiful.
    posted 26 December 2008 02:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 26  
    Yes looks beautiful, but this is bull shit, you just started scenario 1, out of 17. This pissed me off even more than people ho make threads to answer questions.

edit - http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=15&tn=27364&f=15,,0,10&st=50

Come to this thread where I complain about you, and others, my life, and HG.

°o.O O.o°
    .o O°FYI: I DO NOT ABUSE DRUGS°O o.
    .o O°My Seal°O o.
    °O o..o O°Of Seriousness°O o..o O°

[This message has been edited by rlpLeYs (edited 12-26-2008 @ 03:13 AM).]

posted 26 December 2008 03:19 AM EDT (US)     3 / 26  
    It's called a showcase thread, where we showcase our work, now the real person you should complain to is Monty, and V, they made a showcase thread 2 years ago that still isn't finished.

<3
    posted 26 December 2008 03:53 AM EDT (US)     4 / 26  
    please use photobucket.com next time to upload your screenshots
    imageshack is pretty slow in showing up the pictures.. for me they don't this time :/
    posted 26 December 2008 04:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 26  
    [JPEG, (356.44 KB)]

[JPEG, (349.06 KB)]

[JPEG, (276.70 KB)]

[JPEG, (323.55 KB)]

[JPEG, (341.04 KB)]

[JPEG, (308.90 KB)]

For Nick.

<3

[This message has been edited by Nanodude (edited 12-26-2008 @ 04:18 AM).]

posted 26 December 2008 04:28 AM EDT (US)     6 / 26  
    Collaborative projects seem to be on the rise, and that's excellent.

Good luck .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 26 December 2008 04:31 AM EDT (US)     7 / 26  
    Thanks so much, Firefax and Baag! 8D

Links in the title post updated for our Dutch friend.
    posted 26 December 2008 05:00 AM EDT (US)     8 / 26  
    And who would that be?

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    posted 26 December 2008 05:17 AM EDT (US)     9 / 26  
    Nick The Hun.

<3
    posted 26 December 2008 07:59 AM EDT (US)     10 / 26  
    thx Nanodude, Found Missing nice job you're good
    posted 26 December 2008 09:26 AM EDT (US)     11 / 26  
    Do you need a mature voice? I'll voice act for you, just give good direction.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
    posted 26 December 2008 09:52 AM EDT (US)     12 / 26  
    I can donate my voice too.

posted 26 December 2008 02:09 PM EDT (US)     13 / 26  
    Looks like an original storyline.
    Goodluck in finishing this.
    posted 26 December 2008 06:03 PM EDT (US)     14 / 26  
    Aww, thanks! =D Could you each send a recording of you guys saying something in your normal character voice to alaar781@gmail.com? You can just read the first few sentences of the overview, if you'd like.

I'll respond with a list of potential roles and the descriptions of those characters. I can't do that here, since it would clutter things and potentially spoil plot.

If you want to keep your actual email private, you can use Mailinator. 8D

[This message has been edited by Found Missing (edited 12-26-2008 @ 06:09 PM).]

posted 26 December 2008 07:38 PM EDT (US)     15 / 26  
    Wow, those screenshots are extreme. I didn't think you played AoM, FM.

I can't voice act, but if you need help with anything else, just ask.

◓◓◓◓◓
    posted 26 December 2008 08:28 PM EDT (US)     16 / 26  
    FM uploaded a stunning terrian pack a while ago to the downloads section.

Anyway, I just think I found some perfect music...

<3
    posted 27 December 2008 00:06 AM EDT (US)     17 / 26  
    I can't edit the thread, since the coding is changed to mostly BB when I click the button, screwing stuff up. =(

Here's the TEASER MONOLOGUE:
    http://www.archive.org/details/theEtchingsTeaserMonologue
    posted 27 December 2008 01:19 AM EDT (US)     18 / 26  
    Looks pretty good.

The lord of all living beings, holder of the Ilúvatar
    ~My Heavens~
    AoMH
    SpH
    DoFH
    Also, I am here.
    posted 27 December 2008 03:20 AM EDT (US)     19 / 26  
    I could do voicing for a villager maybes

..........(@_
    ._..........)..\_______________________________________
    (_)@8@8{}<______________PoleRBear______________>
    ............)_/
    ............(@
    I stole Mator's sig
    posted 27 December 2008 02:48 PM EDT (US)     20 / 26  
    I like what I see

Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.
    posted 28 December 2008 11:35 PM EDT (US)     21 / 26  
    Haha, this is strange, but it's probably just a limit from the forum's auto-editing. I'll keep a separate text file for updating the thread.

Anyway, new layout! 8D
    posted 30 December 2008 03:52 PM EDT (US)     22 / 26  
    How did I miss this? It looks very official and will more then likely get completed. I wish I could finish something .

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
    >>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
    ~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
    >>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
    posted 01 January 2009 00:29 AM EDT (US)     23 / 26  
    Happy New Year!

Six new screenshots for you heathens.
    posted 01 January 2009 00:33 AM EDT (US)     24 / 26  
    So Dizzying.... :s
    posted 02 January 2009 03:33 AM EDT (US)     25 / 26  

Scenario 2 takes place in the same area, which makes me hope the demo might be released soon.
    posted 02 January 2009 09:22 AM EDT (US)     26 / 26  
    Ooh, nice, hope the demo comes out soon.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign: The Etchings
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames