You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Anatolia
posted 23 October 2010 05:51 AM EDT (US)   

Fired up for a new geographical scenario! And of course Multiplayer supremacy style. After making a few great maps like Antigo Iberia, and a few unfinished scenarios, I thought of Anatolia for a long time to be a very nice region to create a scenario out of. So, this will be my new project from now on.
The scenery is about the Hittite City States (yes, it's always about city states). The periode will be 'Late Hittite City States: 1190 - 700 BCE'. So i'm thinking of 700 BC when the Hitties 'died out' and several new cultures/factions traveled to this region. Like the Cimmerians, Phrygians
I've been thinking of a new player build up, instead of a random starting place system, I could make a list of 6 main civics, and 6 minor civics, so you could have 12 players in the game. It's just an idea, but sometimes we think we want more or less players in a game, and this way you could set it just like a supremacy game adjusting the player amount.

History on the 'Hittite City State Period'
The people who survived the massacre of the foreign invaders ' Sea Peoples ' have moved to Northern Syria and integrated with native people of the area and built many towns. As the survivors of the Hittites were far from being a political unity, we know this period as City States Period. It would be wrong to believe that these people were the continuation of the Hittites, because their political and art life show significant differences from area to area. So, they must have been assimilated by the local cultures, but they also have maintained some of their native art and culture. The remaining Hittite cities and towns have been totally destroyed by the Assyrians who had, at every opportunity, attacked the Hittites. Thus, from around 700 BCE, all of the Hittite towns have been incorporated into Assyrian states and provinces. The vacuum created by the disappearance of the Hittites in Anatolia was filled by the Luwians a native community, Phrygians the people of the King Midas, and by Urartians in the eastern Anatolia.

Quick civic build up:
Hittite City States
Assyrians
Luwians
Phrygians - King Midas
Urartians

I'm planning to make the map out of the following regions: Asia Minor (Turkey), Thracia, The Black Sea (Romania, Bulgaria) including the coastal area of the Caucasus (Georgia + Russian Caucasus), and Krim (Ukraine).
which adds more civics

Mysians (Mushki)
Cimmerians (Cimmeri)
Greek Colonies (Troje for example)
Thracians
Dacians
Roxolani? ('Amazon Faction')

This makes up 11 playable factions. I'm suggesting a map size between 700 x 900 and 900 x 1200.

I'm thinking of the following factions:
Hittites, Assyrians, Phrygians, Cimmerians, Urartians, Greek Colonies, Dacians.
That makes up 7, hmm the Scythians also joined this area in the 7th century. That would make up a list of 8 playable factions!

Hittites, Assyrians, Phrygians, Cimmerians, Urartians, Greek Colonies, Dacians, Scythians. Now that looks nice. But i'm not really sure about the Assyrians actually.. it's a pretty late period for them. I could exclude them, although they had some big influence in south and east Anatolia.

Earlier projects by me:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=28757&f=13,28757,0,0
Archipela Atlanti

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,28176,,all
Antigo Iberia

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,28485,,all
Shougi: China (unfinished)

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,28667,,all
The Baltic Sea - Vendel Age

Credits:
- 'Epic Terrain Mod' by Mythos_Ruler

Comment as you like, but flaming won't be tolerated!
Argumenting will be tolerated. Just show your interest in the project, that's all I ask Sorry for my english if it is bad in any way.

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 10-23-2010 @ 06:13 AM).]

Replies:
posted 24 October 2010 06:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Nick, You continue to amaze me with your amazing Supremacy maps.
posted 25 October 2010 03:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
You're a great landscaper, that last shot reminds me of B&W2 (which would be pretty awesome in AOM...).

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 26 October 2010 12:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Thank you very much, both of you

Could you please tell me the difference between AoM and B&W2? i actually never had my hands on B&W (2 )
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Anatolia
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames