You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Antigo Iberia (Ancient Iberia)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 29 August 2009 06:45 AM EDT (US)   

Proyegto Antigou Iberia

Multiplayer Supremacy/Lightning Scenario: Modified Supremacy

FINISHED Download Here

Map Design

Triggers

Overall Progress

For Screenshots look at my posts in this thread

Progress Story
I'm not sure about the above name, i dont think it will be the final name.

At the Mythology Section you could see i'm gathering information on the history about ancient Spain and Portugal for a new Scenario.

New i'm suggesting 2 things.

1 The map will include Spain and Portugal, Pyrenees and small pieces of North Africa.

2 The map will include Spain, Portugal, Pyrenees, pieces of North Africa, Corsica, Sardinia, South (East) France and Carthage.

I can't choose :P

Option one will have the following players:
[Size: 900x900 or 1200x1200]
6 players
1 Tartessos
2 Lusitania
3 Iberias
4 Celtibaeri
5 Greek Colonies
6 Phoenician Colonies

Option two will have the following players:
[Size: 1000+ x 1500+]
1 Asturica
2 Osca
3 Phoenician Colonies
4 Scallabis
5 Greek Colonies
6 Celtibaeri

The difference are the starting places, the map will be bigger in horizontal size if option two. The Greeks and Phoenicians start with increasing their colonies. If option two Phoenicians have Carthage as Capital and the Greeks have Massilia as Capital, both will have multiple villages/cities. If option 2 it will be more focused on the wars between the colonies and trade. If option 1 it will be more focused on inland battles and conquest between the Iberian Tribes.

[Edit: The game will be Greek Only, another geographical wars game. Though i will change the Celtibaerians able to train Norse units, ox carts, ulfsarks, Longhouse and Hillfort. I will add the same mercenary system as in Yucatan, secondary tc has a military building from the second age or a foreign military building. That way they can access the famous Iberian Slingers. Why i made the choise for them to be Greek Only is because of the military and the Greek and Phoenicians in the scenario. I was thinking of making Carthage Egyptian so they can train elephants and camels but i can add that at the city and use triggers to make them able to train them. So the Phoenicians can still make their famous phalanx (hoplites). Also the Hypaspist will be Scutarii. Toxotes will only be available to the Greeks, Phoenicians and Tartessos (Tartessos is option 1 only)
Also the Prodromos will have a bonus vs archers, and most of the Celtibaerian Factions wont have access to Toxotes nor Hippikons. Celtibaeri in both options have access to Norse military. Phoenicians will have acces to a Migdol in their Captail.
The Phoenicians will have the Egyptian Mercenary unit, infantry & cavalry. The Greek will have the Egyptian Infantry Mercenary unit, with triggers i will change it to a Militia with lifespan.]

I need help choosing I want to know which one would have better gameplay in your opinion

I concluded i will go for the Iberian Peninsula only, no extra Isles like Corsica and Sardinia and Massilia and Carthage. That way it will be to focused on sea battles between Greeks and Carthage if they didn't ally. Or i'll add in triggers that they can't ally haha that would be sick.

So this will be a 6 player game.
Greeks Only
1 Phoenician Colonies
2 Greek Colonies
3 Gaellic (Osca, South Pyrenees)
4 Celtibaeri (Lusitania, East Portugal)
5 Iberias (Spanish East Coast)
6 Asturicas (Gaellica, North West Spain: to the north of Portugal)

1 The Phoenicians will start off with Cadiz, Sexi, Tingis and Carthago Nova. At Tingis they'll have a Migdol to train Camels and War Elephants.
The Phoenicians won't be able to train Prodromos.
The Phoenician bonusses: Military Ships (Trireme and Siege Ships), Fishing Ships, Hoplites and Hippikons. The Phoenicians have access to Mercenary units at their Towncenter and therefor miss a hero at their settlements. The Egyptian Mercenary Unit for the Phoenicians will cost Food, Gold and some Favor.

2 The Greeks will start off with Hemeroskopeion, Edeta, Emporion, Zakynthos.
They will start with a Fortress at Emperion. They will be able to train all greek units. They will have a counter barrack at Emperion to train Chieroballistas but limited and they will be a bit stronger ofcourse.
The Greeks will have the most powerfull siege in the game as one of their bonusses.
The Greeks also have stronger heroes and archers and ramships.
They will also be able to train Mercenaries which will change into Militia. Herefor they will miss a hero unit at their settlements. The Militias will cost Food, Wood and some Favor.

3 Gaellic Celtibaeri, The Gaellic will start with Osca, they'll have a longhouse to train Raiding Cavalry and limited Throwing Axemen. They won't be able to train toxotes. As bonus they have the strongest cavalry ingame. Their prodromos are limited. They will also have a barrack at Osca to train Slingers.
As economic bonus they have increased woodcutting.

4 Celtibaeri Lusitania, The Celtibaeri begin at Scallabis as capital and a few other towns. The Celtibaeri will be able to train Ulfsarks to build the Norse buildings. Herefor they have access to almost full Norse military units.
They will have hersir so no Greek Heroes. The Hersir will be modified and limited to 4 or 6 through the ages, they will also become stronger through the ages. In comprehension to the Greek Minor God upgrades they will recieve the military upgrades for their Norse Units by Norse Minor God upgrades, if not possible for example the Archery upgrades they will recieve Peltast upgrades. They won't be able to train Throwing Axemen. Archery Range, Stable and Academy will still be buildable: Peltast and Prodromos and Hoplite. Though their Hoplite will be weaker than all others but will receive a small bonus vs buildings.
The bonuses for the Celtibaeri goes to Ulfsark, Prodromos and Buildings.
Instead of being able to build a Fortress they can build a Hill Fort, limited to a handfull Jarls and a few Ballistas.

5 Iberians Aragon, The Iberias start with Tortosa, Tarragona and a Hillfort.
Their bonus is Peltasts, they have acces to all Greek Units except toxotes.

6 Celtibaeri Asturica, The Asturicas
I'm not sure about their bonusses yet. They start off with Asturica and Gyon and a Hillfort.

Faction 3, 4, 5 and 6 will all receive a Peltast bonus.
Also the Prodromos receives a bonus versus archers, and the cavalry bonus is increased. Both only for the 4 mentioned factions.
All other units will also receive a bonus vs their counterparts, example:
Hoplite's bonus vs cavalry increased.
Hypaspists bonus vs Swordsmen increased, except for Faction 1 and 4.
Hippikons bonus vs archers increased.
Peltasts bonus vs archers reduced by 10 or 20%, instead they receive a dmg vs infantry +30 or 40%.

And yes the Myth Units will be increased again and limited.
Population is decreased for all units to 1 cost except Siege and Fortress units.
Myrmidon increased bonus damage vs buildings and archers.
Hetairoi increased bonus damage vs cavalry (slightly) and infantry, pierce armour reduced.
Crossbowmen increased bonus damage vs other archers and ships. They will have less hitpoints but more hack armour.

There will be less settlements than in most of my maps so expect to see the population gaining increase with some amount (Not sure about this yet, or i'll try to dig up more city names and put more settlements on the map).

Also Migdols and Hillforts receive an add-population bonus.

A few settlements will have longhouses and barracks which you can own by building the settlements. Which give you access to Mercenary Units!
Same for a few places in Celtic lands which were defended by Hillforts which will provide limited Huskarls and nice Portable Rams. Except for player 4 who can train them himself.

This was my managing before i start making a Wars Scenario / Modified Supremacy.
I'll be doing some terrain and landscape research and i can start creating the scenario!
Enjoy the thinkups. Thanks for the support here and in the Mythology section

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 10-22-2009 @ 04:45 AM).]

Replies:
posted 29 August 2009 06:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 52  
With sardinia

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 29 August 2009 06:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 52  
posted 29 August 2009 07:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 52  
Both?
Did you ever create a scenario of size 1000x1000 or 2000x2000 and finished it?

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 08-29-2009 @ 07:17 AM).]

posted 29 August 2009 09:34 AM EDT (US)     4 / 52  
I've tried with an RPG of 500x500 and never finished it...

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
posted 29 August 2009 10:33 AM EDT (US)     5 / 52  
I prefer to start with a big map and just not use parts if it ends up being too big, much easier than to enlarge maps.
posted 29 August 2009 10:40 AM EDT (US)     6 / 52  
I always start with making the seas and rivers, than mountains. After that i place the settlements or only the player starting places. After that i do the forests and terrain rougly, than i place the settlements and than i finish the terrain. And the best as last i do the triggers at the end.
After that i mostly search for bugs and than i playtest. Than again i search for other bugs i didn't saw. Than i upload the file Mostly after it i find more bugs xD or my friends do.
posted 29 August 2009 12:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 52  
I think 1200x1200 is very enough. I mean, if I remember right, I already played some games with you against some laggernubs . And that map was good from the size. Big enough, but not to big. I'd say you try something around 1200x1200

KingUndergroundKing
posted 29 August 2009 02:05 PM EDT (US)     8 / 52  
Most of my maps were 800 x 800 or 900 x 900 and the Punnic War one was like 1100 x 1100 so.

I have to agree that the size of 1200 x 1200 will be fine.

I concluded i will go for the Iberian Peninsula only, no extra Isles like Corsica and Sardinia and Massilia and Carthage. That way it will be to focused on sea battles between Greeks and Carthage if they didn't ally. Or i'll add in triggers that they can't ally haha that would be sick.

So this will be a 6 player game.
Greeks Only
1 Phoenician Colonies
2 Greek Colonies
3 Gaellic (Osca, South Pyrenees)
4 Celtibaeri (Lusitania, East Portugal)
5 Iberias (Spanish East Coast)
6 Asturicas (Gaellica, North West Spain: to the north of Portugal)

1 The Phoenicians will start off with Cadiz, Sexi, Tingis and Carthago Nova. At Tingis they'll have a Migdol to train Camels and War Elephants.
The Phoenicians won't be able to train Prodromos.
The Phoenician bonusses: Military Ships (Trireme and Siege Ships), Fishing Ships, Hoplites and Hippikons. The Phoenicians have access to Mercenary units at their Towncenter and therefor miss a hero at their settlements. The Egyptian Mercenary Unit for the Phoenicians will cost Food, Gold and some Favor.

2 The Greeks will start off with Hemeroskopeion, Edeta, Emporion, Zakynthos.
They will start with a Fortress at Emperion. They will be able to train all greek units. They will have a counter barrack at Emperion to train Chieroballistas but limited and they will be a bit stronger ofcourse.
The Greeks will have the most powerfull siege in the game as one of their bonusses.
The Greeks also have stronger heroes and archers and ramships.
They will also be able to train Mercenaries which will change into Militia. Herefor they will miss a hero unit at their settlements. The Militias will cost Food, Wood and some Favor.

3 Gaellic Celtibaeri, The Gaellic will start with Osca, they'll have a longhouse to train Raiding Cavalry and limited Throwing Axemen. They won't be able to train toxotes. As bonus they have the strongest cavalry ingame. Their prodromos are limited. They will also have a barrack at Osca to train Slingers.
As economic bonus they have increased woodcutting.

4 Celtibaeri Lusitania, The Celtibaeri begin at Scallabis as capital and a few other towns. The Celtibaeri will be able to train Ulfsarks to build the Norse buildings. Herefor they have access to almost full Norse military units.
They will have hersir so no Greek Heroes. The Hersir will be modified and limited to 4 or 6 through the ages, they will also become stronger through the ages. In comprehension to the Greek Minor God upgrades they will recieve the military upgrades for their Norse Units by Norse Minor God upgrades, if not possible for example the Archery upgrades they will recieve Peltast upgrades. They won't be able to train Throwing Axemen. Archery Range, Stable and Academy will still be buildable: Peltast and Prodromos and Hoplite. Though their Hoplite will be weaker than all others but will receive a small bonus vs buildings.
The bonuses for the Celtibaeri goes to Ulfsark, Prodromos and Buildings.
Instead of being able to build a Fortress they can build a Hill Fort, limited to a handfull Jarls and a few Ballistas.

5 Iberians Aragon, The Iberias start with Tortosa, Tarragona and a Hillfort.
Their bonus is Peltasts, they have acces to all Greek Units except toxotes.

6 Celtibaeri Asturica, The Asturicas
I'm not sure about their bonusses yet. They start off with Asturica and Gyon and a Hillfort.

Faction 3, 4, 5 and 6 will all receive a Peltast bonus.
Also the Prodromos receives a bonus versus archers, and the cavalry bonus is increased. Both only for the 4 mentioned factions.
All other units will also receive a bonus vs their counterparts, example:
Hoplite's bonus vs cavalry increased.
Hypaspists bonus vs Swordsmen increased, except for Faction 1 and 4.
Hippikons bonus vs archers increased.
Peltasts bonus vs archers reduced by 10 or 20%, instead they receive a dmg vs infantry +30 or 40%.

And yes the Myth Units will be increased again and limited.
Population is decreased for all units to 1 cost except Siege and Fortress units.
Myrmidon increased bonus damage vs buildings and archers.
Hetairoi increased bonus damage vs cavalry (slightly) and infantry, pierce armour reduced.
Crossbowmen increased bonus damage vs other archers and ships. They will have less hitpoints but more hack armour.

There will be less settlements than in most of my maps so expect to see the population gaining increase with some amount (Not sure about this yet, or i'll try to dig up more city names and put more settlements on the map).

Also Migdols and Hillforts receive an add-population bonus.

A few settlements will have longhouses and barracks which you can own by building the settlements. Which give you access to Mercenary Units!
Same for a few places in Celtic lands which were defended by Hillforts which will provide limited Huskarls and nice Portable Rams. Except for player 4 who can train them himself.

This was my managing before i start making a Wars Scenario / Modified Supremacy.
I'll be doing some terrain and landscape research and i can start creating the scenario!

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 08-30-2009 @ 05:32 AM).]

posted 29 August 2009 02:13 PM EDT (US)     9 / 52  
Wow, they gona start with Sexi? Awesome!

KingUndergroundKing
posted 29 August 2009 03:03 PM EDT (US)     10 / 52  
That's pretty sexy eh?
Just like your Danielle quotes
posted 29 August 2009 03:21 PM EDT (US)     11 / 52  
I'm pretty sure I can help. Not that I know much about the Iberian peninsula history, but since I speak portuguese I can help searching in portuguese sources, so if you need any help let me know.
posted 29 August 2009 03:28 PM EDT (US)     12 / 52  
Smildon, were already 2 :P

KingUndergroundKing
posted 29 August 2009 03:35 PM EDT (US)     13 / 52  
I'm pretty sure I can help. Not that I know much about the Iberian peninsula history, but since I speak portuguese I can help searching in portuguese sources, so if you need any help let me know.
Sorry but i'm done now Next time you'll hear about the map is when i'll make a new thread and release screenshots ^.^

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 10-22-2009 @ 04:46 AM).]

posted 30 August 2009 04:22 AM EDT (US)     14 / 52  
Ok i made my start now, i'm trying to get as far as i can today!

ps i'll be redoing the Balaeric Islands later, i just had to do them fast so i could get an idea of the size Spain would become So i could mind up the distance of the coasts, Tingi (Tanger) and a small Isle which will be trade for the Phoenicians to England.
posted 30 August 2009 05:11 AM EDT (US)     15 / 52  
I hope you don't forget the river ast Lissabon

KingUndergroundKing
posted 30 August 2009 05:16 AM EDT (US)     16 / 52  
I'v done rivers now, i started settlements and mountains.
posted 30 August 2009 06:41 AM EDT (US)     17 / 52  
Can't wait to play that =D

KingUndergroundKing
posted 30 August 2009 07:41 AM EDT (US)     18 / 52  

I'm half way with most of the big mountain areas except Pyrenees.
Also i haven't finished settlements which i will continue later on.
posted 30 August 2009 08:23 AM EDT (US)     19 / 52  
I can actually Imagine we're the big battles will be :P

KingUndergroundKing
posted 30 August 2009 08:25 AM EDT (US)     20 / 52  

Earlier screenshot of the South-East Mountains

Latest Screenshots, also including the mountains to the north of Guadalguivir (river), nature and climat change to the north of that river.

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 08-30-2009 @ 08:25 AM).]

posted 30 August 2009 09:07 AM EDT (US)     21 / 52  
You're fast. Actually looks like that there'll be not so many ressources...Fight for Survival.

KingUndergroundKing
posted 30 August 2009 09:09 AM EDT (US)     22 / 52  
You should do these kind of map single player sometimes

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
posted 30 August 2009 09:24 AM EDT (US)     23 / 52  
You're fast. Actually looks like that there'll be not so many ressources...Fight for Survival.
Thanks, and yes Less gold and wood for example. Not to much fishies either.
I want them to concentrate more on Gold.
You should do these kind of map single player sometimes
Add AI's and some triggers and you have a singleplayer game

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 08-30-2009 @ 09:28 AM).]

posted 30 August 2009 11:43 AM EDT (US)     24 / 52  

Nick_The_Hun: Cinematic Mountains what are those?
Cardinal: Unholy relics created by Heretics called Modders!
jk

As you can see these mountains will be buildable. Though some of them are great garrisons for gold mines

The Grass A really hurts my eyes

[This message has been edited by Nick The Hun (edited 08-30-2009 @ 11:48 AM).]

posted 30 August 2009 11:55 AM EDT (US)     25 / 52  
Yeah, me to

Actually, I see a good place for a big fortification. althought it being right in the middle isn't that good.

KingUndergroundKing
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Antigo Iberia (Ancient Iberia)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames