loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Surprise it's a Tumor
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 15 April 2009 12:13 PM EDT (US)   
Anyway I need help.
I need an eyecandy artist(s)!
I need playtesters!

If you are a soon-to-be play-tester skip to the Play-testers Heading.
If you are an awesome Eye-candy man/woman then read on!

Eyecandy Entries Closed!

All eyecandy maps are due by:

12 noon Sunday 26th of April (EST) [East Coast Aussies]
02 am Sunday 26th of April (GMT) [Everyone else]

Rules
  • I only want the middle four Grass A triangles eye-candied everything else must be left as is.
  • Keep the paths! Although you can modify it - it must be very visible and distinguishable both on the map and mini-map.
  • By all means clear everything already in the triangles and start a fresh - or keep some and get rid of others (whatever you like, its up to you).
  • All buildings are to be Gaia. Use as much as you like.
  • After I have got 5 maps I'm going to take the Link down to stop more entries. But if you already have the map are still working on it then you can still e-mail it to us.

EYECANDY ME

You can keep what's there there or you can change it completely just remember to only do the four triangles! When you've finished eye-candying up email it to us @ Dreamer(at)Live(dot)com(dot)au or M(dot)Stubbster(at)gmail(dot)com. If you are really good I may have another map that could use some sexifing.

Play-Testers!

There are two maps that need Play-Testing, both SP and both need at least two people to playtest but five would be awesome. When Playtesting be sure to remember what happened and when/what you did. It's important - otherwise I will be left to interpretate what you meant . When you right down what happened/your experience you can do it in dot points/numbers [1), 2), 3) ...] or in paragraphs - we don't mind .

The Pirates Life

First of the two maps needing Play-Testing is "The Pirates Life". This is based of a map currently in the New Files called "Pirate-Life RPG" by lordaloa. This has been modified DRAMATICALLY so that the only thing that is really the same is the peninsula. Anyway, to give you and idea on what it's about read the following and look at the pretty pictures:

You are a small pirate gang setting out to rule the seven seas. Start with a small band of pirates and manage your Pirate Cove to become the fiercest of them all! Buy Pirate Ships, protect your Flag Ship, collect treasure, take on the feeble pirates that already exist and become the most feared of them all!

If you want to playtest The Pirates Life you can't... I'm sorry we've already had over 5 reports done and finished it. Special thanks and extra kudos to lordaloa.

KAS TD

The second of the two maps is "KAS TD". Guess what?.. It's a TD! Made only to the finest degree though - here are some of it's features:
  • 8 Towers to pick and choose from all with different pros and cons.
  • Over 32 upgrades.
  • 4 difficulty levels (Easy-Titan).
  • Over 50 randomly selected waves keep the game interesting. Flying, walking and swimming creeps to kill.
  • Difficulty adjuster
  • Opening Cinematic
  • Continue-play option and
  • A shop and options area.

Again if you want to playtest KAS TD download it from this location... oh and post here so we know . When you've played it email us your thoughts and comments @ Dreamer(at)Live(dot)com(dot)au or M(dot)Stubbster(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks and Have fun. And that's it ~ Khan

<||=================================||>
    Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
    96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
    { "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

[This message has been edited by Steak And Khan (edited 04-20-2009 @ 09:02 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 15 April 2009 12:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 42  
    That TD looks awesome, going to give it a go right now.

EDIT: Wow almost as big in filesize as Ripto!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 04-15-2009 @ 12:41 PM).]

posted 15 April 2009 12:43 PM EDT (US)     2 / 42  
    Shotgun the TD!

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
    posted 15 April 2009 01:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 42  
    Hey, I'll gladly try my hand at eye-candying the top one. You mean the big grass triangles in the middle, right?

◓◓◓◓◓
    posted 15 April 2009 03:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 42  
    There's a lot of people making tower defences lately (including me)!

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor

[This message has been edited by Mephiles (edited 04-16-2009 @ 10:51 AM).]

posted 15 April 2009 08:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 42  
    I would If I was any good:/

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 15 April 2009 08:49 PM EDT (US)     6 / 42  
    Hey, I'll gladly try my hand at eye-candying the top one. You mean the big grass triangles in the middle, right?
    Yup the four triangle in the middle - go crazy or w/e you like.
    Are you referring to making TD's or Eyecandy? Cuz I thought you where the man at eye-candy...
    That TD looks awesome, going to give it a go right now.
    Just like the Beginning of Time huh? (Don't worry I don't hold grudges ).
    Wow almost as big in filesize as Ripto!
    Yeah that's because I Built all the cinematics. It multiplied the scenario size by around 3 ~ Khan

[This message has been edited by Steak And Khan (edited 04-15-2009 @ 08:52 PM).]

posted 15 April 2009 09:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 42  
    Are you referring to making TD's or Eyecandy? Cuz I thought you where the man at eye-candy...
    I'm good at making TD's!!I can make various types of candy but not eye-candy.

Looks like you want a submaximal attempt at eyecandy. There are a few people that could test their skills on it and do a good job so I won't take their opportunity to improve themselves.

You wouldn't want my noob ass doin it. lolz

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 15 April 2009 09:46 PM EDT (US)     8 / 42  
    I might be able to do some eyecandy. Here are some samples of my work.

• Nature Scene

• Pool/Fountain

• Altar

• Waterfall

Just email me at aZeusDude2@Yahoo.com and tell me what to do. If you consider me, of couse.

• posted 16 April 2009 01:51 AM EDT (US)     9 / 42  
    Looks like you want a submaximal attempt at eyecandy. There are a few people that could test their skills on it and do a good job so I won't take their opportunity to improve themselves.
    S'pose, I would prefer it to be done to a higher standard but of course not over embellished <- because that's so hard to explain I thought I'd just see what I get back in return . You should give it a crack though.
    I might be able to do some eyecandy. Here are some samples of my work ...
    Just email me at aZeusDude2@Yahoo.com and tell me what to do. If you consider me, of couse.
    I like - but I would much rather you have a crack at the map your style. I'm not sure what I want thus why I would rather someone else candy it. But please just give it a shot the two that I have got so far have been pretty good so I would like to see yours. Because, from what you've shown me your look like you could bring some new light to the map ~ Khan

posted 16 April 2009 02:26 AM EDT (US)     10 / 42  
    Why am I so damn underrated?
    You know why?
    The wave of noobs that haven't seen anything I've made.
    That's why!
    posted 16 April 2009 03:16 AM EDT (US)     11 / 42  

K&S TD Review

Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability5.0
    Balance4.0
    Creativity5.0
    Map Design3.0
    Story/Instructions3.0

Playability (5):
    Well done Khan&Steak! I was pretty impressed by this map. It's a really good build on the traditional TD, and you made me love it. It is actually quite close in resembling Bloons Tower Defense 3 (I love that game). Now onto the review, I couldn't really find any bugs in this map. It was thoroughly playable and enjoyable. There was one thing I did spot however, and that was an annoying phoenix egg over one of my potential building sites when a phoenix creep died. That's easily fixable, just change the egg or damage it. Another thing to mention is the sky passages. Their colour made them hard to find, you should maybe use underworld passages instead so they can be easily identified.

Balance (4):
    It wasn't perfect. The most noticeable thing was flying units went directly to the lighthouse, rather than going round all the corners. This made it quite difficult to capture the flying creeps. I also feel that having a build limit on the objects was rather tedious (yet necessary for the walls). Having to wait for the villagers to put down mining camps was annoying as I watched the citizens across spamming down towers using the gift of the shift key. The waves were nicely done however. A good balance of increase as things steadily got harder, and kept getting harder as the levels went up. I feel the canal wasn't used enough times, but when it was used I was often overwhelmed. The catapult was also useless as it doesn't auto fire.

Creativity (5):
    You deserve a 5 here. I loved the variation and build on the traditional TD. You didn't just have towers firing arrows, you had 8 different towers and I loved that idea. Having bonuses against units was also very crafty, and ensured that the player had to use all the towers. As far as I can see, it's impossible to win if you only use one tower type. The upgrades shop was also essential and added good variety to the game, and even more so as it became more expensive to build the upgraded towers. You'd need a good strategy to avoid that pricing gap.

Map Design (3):
    Unfortunately, this map wasn't eyecandied at all. There were big blocks of terrain types and big sharp drops in elevation. I also feel that the canal building area was cut off from the rest of the map, you should get rid of the cliffs in the canal corner. Also when a unit was placed it had no speed, but the positioning takes up the default building heading. Don't know if it would be possible for you to create a trigger that changes the heading of the units so your defenses would look more organised and impressive. You could also add a minuscule amount of speed on to combat this.

Story/Instructions (3):
    The objectives were laid out nicely, and I could find out what each tower did. However it was lacking story and the instructions weren't perfect. For example, what did the dwarven mine god power do if anything? There was also no 'set player defeated' condition, but I can forgive that as this is a beta. Just before you release, please add some music! At the boss wave I can't really remember anything dramatic happening, I was expecting some sort of super unit to tear up my towers .

Additional Comments:
    All in all, this map looks very promising. Just try and fix some of the things I have mentioned. Also you should try getting rid of the cinematic creep path and canal, as they can confuse.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 16 April 2009 03:42 AM EDT (US)     12 / 42  
    He did say that you should send it to his Email. And if you didn't get many Water waves, man are you lucky. I got 8 of them in a row on my second play through. And the dwarvern mine was for you to mine with your citizens, which was quite awesome 1000 gold for 50 gold! So you didn't get the Lighthouse disappearing bug which I got?
    And KaS 8) on the list it should be wave 150 not 50. And I just saw this,
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=8658
    Probably just a coincidence but it did seem strangely the same name.

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.

[This message has been edited by Henrz (edited 04-16-2009 @ 03:49 AM).]

posted 16 April 2009 08:09 AM EDT (US)     13 / 42  
    Thanks Yeeby - Oh and anyone else that wants to playtest can do their report in dot points or in paragraphs. Please e-mail us @ Dreamer(at)Live(dot)com(dot)au or M(dot)Stubbster(at)gmail(dot)com <- Preferred option or do what Yeebaagooon did and post here <- not preffered option. Either way make sure you tell us somehow .
    8) it should be wave 150 not 50.
    Not sure what you mean here, could you please elaborate?
    And I just saw this,
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=8658
    Probably just a coincidence but it did seem strangely the same name.
    I added this to the main post shortly after posting the thread - "This is based of a map currently in the New Files" called Pirate-Life RPG by lordaloa. This has been modified DRAMATICALLY so that the only thing that is really the same is the peninsula."

But I'm getting rid of it from the Playtesting List becuase I've already had over 5 reports on it and finished it .

But I'll add more on at the bottom of the post as well

[This message has been edited by Steak And Khan (edited 04-16-2009 @ 08:10 AM).]

posted 16 April 2009 08:21 AM EDT (US)     14 / 42  
    As in my bug list which I sent you in the E-mail, it should be wave 150 everything gets stuck, not 50.

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
    posted 16 April 2009 08:49 AM EDT (US)     15 / 42  
    @aZeusDude2 Henrz - Oh right, thanks
    You know why?
    That's why!
    I've seen your work and I think it looks sexy. Apparently Steaks' seen your other work as well... Anyway you should eye-candy this map and e-mail it to us ~ Khan

[This message has been edited by Steak And Khan (edited 04-16-2009 @ 08:29 PM).]

posted 16 April 2009 10:53 AM EDT (US)     16 / 42  
    You know why?
    That's why!
    Don't worry, Cirrow. I know what you're capable of. However, if you had presented your work more recently, you probably wouldn't be saying that...

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 16 April 2009 03:38 PM EDT (US)     17 / 42  
    Maybe I'll try the eye-candy map.
    Is it allowed to place buildings on the triangles or only a natural environment or doesn't it matter?
    And does it have to be in a certain mood?

Je moeder is zo scheef dat ze wordt aangereden door een geparkeerde auto.
    posted 16 April 2009 06:50 PM EDT (US)     18 / 42  
    I like - but I would much rather you have a crack at the map your style. I'm not sure what I want thus why I would rather someone else candy it. But please just give it a shot the two that I have got so far have been pretty good so I would like to see yours. Because, from what you've shown me your look like you could bring some new light to the map ~ Khan
    So is that a yes? I'm guessing it is, but you haven't emailed me anything yet...
    @aZeusDude2 - Oh right, thanks
    I don't get what you're trying to say. You said this waay after my post, which you already answered to.

I wish I could make awsome RMSs like you, Khan. Or, at least, RMSs.

posted 16 April 2009 08:34 PM EDT (US)     19 / 42  
    @aZeusDude2 - Woops , I fix. And I didn't e-mail you the scenario because...
    The map is found here
    So you can get it yourself . But please give it a good shot .
    Maybe I'll try the eye-candy map.
    Is it allowed to place buildings on the triangles or only a natural environment or doesn't it matter?
    Please do . Good question about the buildings - as long as they are Gaia then go for it.
    And does it have to be in a certain mood?
    Nope. Any mood you make it - but it would be better if you put in things that the heroes could use to kill things on the path. If you haven't I don't mind at all just giving some food for thought? ~ Khan

[This message has been edited by Steak And Khan (edited 04-16-2009 @ 09:00 PM).]

posted 16 April 2009 08:54 PM EDT (US)     20 / 42  
    Basically, I remake the map to my own style? So I can change anything there?

I'll get started ASAP.

posted 16 April 2009 09:04 PM EDT (US)     21 / 42  
    So I can change anything there?
    You can keep what's there there or you can change it completely just remember to only do the four triangles!
    Anything that's in the Triangles <- Delete it all, keep some, keep all - whatever you like! ~ Khan

[This message has been edited by Steak And Khan (edited 04-16-2009 @ 09:20 PM).]

posted 16 April 2009 09:29 PM EDT (US)     22 / 42  
    Great. I'll have it to you by tomorrow.

posted 17 April 2009 07:37 AM EDT (US)     23 / 42  
    Do you still need an eyecandier? I would love to try.
    posted 17 April 2009 07:45 AM EDT (US)     24 / 42  
    You know why?
    That's why!

I'll probably playtest the TD. Looks fun!
    posted 17 April 2009 08:42 AM EDT (US)     25 / 42  
    @ Yeebs - most of the things that you posted can't really be helped or are worth the effort .
    I'll probably playtest the TD. Looks fun!
    Please do, it's nothing like yours (SP ftw).
    Do you still need an eyecandier? I would love to try.
    I hate WRP's but I doubt that has any effect on your ability to Eye-candy. Maps found here - just make sure you've read the rules in the main post ~ Steak

[This message has been edited by Steak And Khan (edited 04-17-2009 @ 08:43 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Surprise it's a Tumor
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames