Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Cinematic Animations
posted 30 July 2009 11:16 AM EDT (US)   
On the AoM editor i am having a problem with making any character (soecifically gargerensis) preform an aminmation (specifically laughing talking then threatining). I found a trigger effect caled Army set animation path or something like that. I thought that might have been it but it isn't.
Replies:
posted 30 July 2009 11:32 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
The effect you're looking for is "set animation". To view an animation you want to set, click on a unit, then click Cinematics, then View Animations.

Choose a category in the upper-left (usually "Cinematic"), then choose a specific animation near the bottom of the window. Choose one, then type it appropriately in your "Set Animation" input box.

For instance, if you choose:
models\Ark_Talk1sec.grn

You type this in the input box for the "set animation" effect:
Ark_Talk1sec

Be sure to also select the unit you'd like to set the animation for (Arkantos, in this example).
In the future please post your questions about scenario design in the question thread to avoid crowding the forum.
This was posted in your first thread by Joshonator. Please try and follow it.

_/o___
_(__\____
AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN __\^^\)___ AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN
__"\_____
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven" ____(_\___
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven"

[This message has been edited by Silicone Ruff Jr (edited 07-30-2009 @ 11:33 AM).]

posted 30 July 2009 11:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Do you have TT? If so, you probably use view animations, but the real animations have different names. i suggest you download Reyks new deitor or nottuds ultimate editor superpack.
Then you go to the trigger editor, use the effect "Set animation", click the animations button and scroll to gargarensis, he has an entirely own cathegory.

EDIT:^^Sorry, I were still writing when you posted, didn't see that...

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2

[This message has been edited by Guard of Olympus (edited 07-30-2009 @ 11:34 AM).]

posted 30 July 2009 11:34 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Set Animation.

You can view an animation before typing it out via the menu:

Cinematics - View Animations - Change Idle/Bored to Cinematic, then check 'Anim Path' for the unit's animations. Make sure to have the unit selected while browsing the animations. Once you have found the animation you want, type its name into the box in the trigger menu. Everything after the last / should be typed. Nothing before the last /.
posted 30 July 2009 12:49 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Thanks!
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Cinematic Animations
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames