Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: MAFIA 6: Signups
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 29 May 2005 01:54 AM EDT (US)   
SIGNUPS CLOSED

Mafia is a forum game which has been played here a few times before. The point of the game is for the people with the roles of the townspeople to uncover the members of the mafia, before the mafia kills them all. It's pretty hard to explain how the game works, but I'll do my best. The best way though, is to view an older game after you read this thread, so after reading all of this...look here.

The guildlines:

- The game goes through cycles of day and night (not based at all on the real time).

- During the day, everyone casts a vote to lynch (kill) one person out of the game. The object is for all of the townspeople to attempt to kill who they think is the mafia. The mafia members, on the other hand, will attempt to make other people look suspicious and try to get the town to kill of themselves. After the lynching, the game will move on to night.

- At night, a few special roles will email the game admin (myself) with their actions. These actions will be performed, and then the game will move to day again. I'll explain this more for each role.

The roles:

Townie - The majority of players will be this role. They will participate in the daily lynching to attempt to kill off the mafia.

Noble - There are 2 nobles. They are a regular townsperson. Only difference is that they know each other, so they eliminate 1 suspect.

Mafia - There will be 3 mafia players. The "bad" guys. During the day they will act as a townie in the thread and try to make others look guilty, and attempt to lynch non-mafia members. At night, they will email me with 1 person they would like to kill (they will have discussed this amongst theirselves earlier, so only 1 person will get killed by the mafia per night). The mafia knows each other.

Detective - There will only be 1 detective. During the game nights, they can email me and uncover the role of 1 other player. They cannot ever mention the player or role to anyone else in exception to the cop, through private discussion.

Cop - There is also just 1 cop. The cop, like the mafia, can kill 1 person in a night. They will need to be very very cautious not to kill a townsperson/good role. Obviosuly, they try to kill a mafia member. The cop can opt not to kill someone if they are unsure who the mafia is. The detective and cop work together.

Mystic - There is only 1 mystic. They can email me and protect one person from being killed by the mafia that night. Obviously, they will attempt to protect who they think is the target of the mafia. However, if they accidentally protect a mafia member, the cop cannot kill them. Hence, they can choose not to protect someone if they wish.

The rules - READ THESE

1) You cannot give away your role to anyone. The only players who will know anyone else's roles will be the mafia members and the nobles. The detective also will over time, but even so, nobody ever can give away someone's role, even the detective.

2) After you are dead, you can no longer participate in this thread.

3) Anyone who goes inactive or cheats will be removed from the game and replaced if possible.

4) During the day, everyone will cast a vote to lynch. Once a majority is reached, the selected player will be killed from the game. Lynching posts must be in bold. Prior to a lynching, you may change your vote if you wish, but make sure to post your unvote in bold also.

5) Mafia members will discuss their nightly killings in private, either through email or a messenger such as MSN or AIM. Only 1 mafia member will need to email me with their decision on who they're killing.

6) Night actions will be emailed to me. If you have one, include your name and your role.

7) Again, NO giving away your role or anyone else's role. Ever.

8) Roles will randomly be assigned by me, and will be emailed to you. Mafia members will be notified on who the other mafia members are. Nobles will also know each other as well as the detective/cop.

I know it's hard to visualise how a game will work, so again, read this thread: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,7068,,all

Post in this thread to signup, include your email. Also ask any questions here.

Signed Up (we need about 15 people)

1) Thebean - Beany_474@hotmail.com
2) Shiva - sshiva_98@yahoo.com
3) Jellybug - mark_sk@msn.com
4) Elpeepee - elpea@heavengames.com
5) FlyingMonkey - FlyingMonkey3190@gmail.com
6) GummyWorm - greenliquid@gmail.com
7) CCE - cloudchasereagle@hotmail.com
8) Cheesewiz - cameronl.ghs07@gmail.com
9) Lone_Prodigy - lone.prodigy@gmail.com
10) SpadedAce - supernate20@hotmail.com
11) Swordsworn - adamp@gwi.net
12) Wolfenheim - wolfipine@hotmail.com
13) GFGJ - derzajindmidl@hotmail.com
14) Maximus - dancally@gmail.com
15) FD2 - Filmdirector2@gmail.com

People who still need confirmed:

DK

[This message has been edited by PW DarkKnight (edited 06-18-2005 @ 09:13 PM).]

Replies:
posted 29 May 2005 07:06 AM EDT (US)     1 / 80  
OK, I'm in.

Beany_474@hotmail.com.

posted 29 May 2005 02:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 80  
*signs up*

sshiva_98@yahoo.com

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
posted 29 May 2005 05:13 PM EDT (US)     3 / 80  
Sounds cool.

mark_sk@msn.com

Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks upon this earth is the one who finds... true love?
posted 29 May 2005 06:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 80  
Ok, we need about 12 more now.

DK
posted 29 May 2005 07:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 80  
Advertise in the AOE3 open mafia thread, PW, I would, but they'll take more notice of your mod-ley status. Make sure you do it in the day though. You'll be sure to get some then.
posted 29 May 2005 08:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 80  
I would like to play... but there's one problem..

Quote:

include your email

posted 29 May 2005 10:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 80  
Why can't you include your email?

DK
posted 29 May 2005 10:37 PM EDT (US)     8 / 80  
I'd play, but I;m busy hosting a game and I'm about to host another one at CBH.
posted 29 May 2005 10:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 80  
elpea@heavengames.com

posted 30 May 2005 01:10 AM EDT (US)     10 / 80  
Hmm, should I join two mafia games at once?

Yes.

FlyingMonkey3190@gmail.com

posted 30 May 2005 02:23 PM EDT (US)     11 / 80  
Didn't even notice AoE3H had a mafia game going

DK
posted 31 May 2005 08:30 PM EDT (US)     12 / 80  
Actually, I have a secondary backup-ish account I'm not afraid of getting spammed, so here goes!

greenliquid@gmail.com

posted 31 May 2005 08:50 PM EDT (US)     13 / 80  
dlxi@yahoo.com
Count me in, I've just finished one game.

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42

[This message has been edited by deathmaster666 (edited 05-31-2005 @ 08:52 PM).]

posted 01 June 2005 06:31 PM EDT (US)     14 / 80  
*joins*

Two reasons why underlining sucks:

1. Italics look way better.
2. Click here.

posted 01 June 2005 06:33 PM EDT (US)     15 / 80  
Erm... you have to include your email.
posted 01 June 2005 10:19 PM EDT (US)     16 / 80  
You had better make it worth my while Dk

cameronl.ghs07@gmail.com

*joins*

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 02 June 2005 02:40 PM EDT (US)     17 / 80  
geez, too much effort to click contact info?

lone.prodigy@gmail.com

*joins*

Two reasons why underlining sucks:

1. Italics look way better.
2. Click here.

posted 02 June 2005 02:54 PM EDT (US)     18 / 80  

Quote:

geez, too much effort to click contact info?

I missed your reply

DK

[This message has been edited by PW DarkKnight (edited 06-02-2005 @ 02:54 PM).]

posted 02 June 2005 07:38 PM EDT (US)     19 / 80  
May I please be in?

Also, when should we contact eachother if we are Mafia?
My e-mail is supernate20@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by SpadedAce (edited 06-02-2005 @ 08:08 PM).]

posted 02 June 2005 07:59 PM EDT (US)     20 / 80  
I've only ever played open Mafias but I'll try this one (If it all right of course}. My e mail is adamp@gwi.net

{|Ketch|}
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Ben Franklin
posted 02 June 2005 08:12 PM EDT (US)     21 / 80  
For the 3rd rule, what would be called "cheating".
posted 02 June 2005 11:50 PM EDT (US)     22 / 80  
wolfipine@hotmail.com

~/ GREAT FOX \~
Formerly known as that lovable Wolfenheim
posted 03 June 2005 01:09 AM EDT (US)     23 / 80  

Quote:

Also, when should we contact eachother if we are Mafia?

First I'll randomly select everyone's roles and email them to you. If you are mafia, in the email it will tell you who the other mafia members are as well as their email. After everyone confirms recieving their role, the game will start as night. Once it starts, you can begin discussing who to kill.

Quote:

For the 3rd rule, what would be called "cheating".

Basically just giving away yours or someone else's role. Basically just anything else common sense that wouldn;t be allowed.

DK
posted 03 June 2005 01:34 AM EDT (US)     24 / 80  
For once, I'll play.

posted 03 June 2005 01:35 AM EDT (US)     25 / 80  
I dont want you.

DK
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » MAFIA 6: Signups
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames