Please login or register

Halls of Valhalla
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Member Of The Month: November 2008
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 29 November 2008 03:15 AM EDT (US)   
You'll find out why this is early soon enough, titles will be sorted on the appropriate date.

Anyway, this time none other than Banoffee was invited to my secret underground lair for interrogation. Let's see what he has to say:
*Raises gun*

Yeebaagooon: Greetings Banoffee, how tasty you look today. Welcome to this Member Of The Month interview.
Banoffee, But what's that thing he's sitting on?
Banoffee: Thanks Yeeb, I'm honoured to finally have this interview

Yeebaagooon: Yes I've been trying to get hold of you for some time. If I was conducting this interview in an unofficial capacity like Out Reach, I'd make some cheap pr0n joke...

Anyway, so do you think of yourself as a modder or scenario designer?

Banoffee: Well, I always used to think of myself as a scenario designer, but it's now obvious that my true skill lies in the modding. Although I still do design now and again. It's normally for showcasing my mods though lol.

Yeebaagooon: Most people know that scenarios and mods are very different things. What started off your modding career?

Banoffee: Hmm... well, when I first joined AoMH i was really n00by, so much that I didn't even know where to put mods or scenarios. I downloaded heaps of stuff, then could never install any of it. One day I decided to shed my n00byness and worked out how to install them. When I finally got them it set my brain off and I thought to myself "Why can't I make cool stuff like that", and then I thought "I can" and that's where it started.

Yeebaagooon: Hmm, strong words of inspiration that could inspire us all. Modding is notoriously difficult, so how hard is it really?

Banoffee: T's true when you start out modding is extremly difficult but it quickly becomes simple and basic. However there are so many different types of modding that it is pretty much impossible to master them all. Since I mainly do texture and anim work I find modeling very difficult, but for someone who always does modeling they can find textures difficult etc. It just requires a lot of practise and patience and also not making a n00b reputation for yourself early on, that makes things a lot more difficult.

Yeebaagooon: I tried modding once, I made a tornado with a huge funnel and a meteor that threw people so high they never came down .
I also tried modding my personality - but let's not talk about that...

So what has been you most memorable project?

Banoffee: Most of the time I never finish my projects, but the most memorable one I would have to say was 'Greek Hero Orpheus'. A new musical hero that Leto II and worked closely on together. Looking back I laugh at how many times I revived that project and got everyone's hopes up just to let it die again, lol. Another cool project I started was a pack with Kung Fu Panda characters. I got as far as Master Crane and Po's texture then stopped. That pack included my first ever model.

Yeebaagooon: It seems we have the same strategy for projects :P. So what's this I hear about a Percy Jackson modpack/game?

Banoffee: Ah yes, that's the one I'm working on at the moment. It will include all the main characters from the best selling series. But I can't say too much about it at the moment

Is this part of the Pamela Anderson modpack :P!?Yeebaagooon: Better make it, I love the books . So what's your favourite map you've played either online or offline?

Banoffee: Well, I have gold edition plus a protox full of mods so ESO has never been an option for me. I really like Vandhaal's work like anyone, especially the Tower of Babylon scenario, I always enjoy Baske's work (he's an amazing eyecandier). But in truth, the scenario I've enjoyed most is Codename: Ripto, which I've been honoured enough to be able to playtest.

Yeebaagooon: Excellent publicity *lowers gun*, so you still owe me a playtesting report for M3 and 4 :P. But when you aren't doing my playtetsing bidding, what do you get up to in the daytime?

Banoffee: Well living in New Zealand I wake up to the beautiful sound of the native birds and then go to school like everybody else. I have something different of everyday after school. I do about three hours of competitive gymnastics everyday and I enjoy it immensely, I also play the violin which takes up a bit of my time. At home I enjoy kicking a ball around with my brother, horse riding, swimming, our aviaries of birds and of course, talking to you guys :P

Yeebaagooon: OH TEH NOES! Not exercise!? So, what about the sheep :P!?

Banoffee: *sigh* Yes we have sheep, lot's of 'em. My family own 12 lambs which graze in our paddocks. Happy?

Yeebaagooon: Yes :P, we deported some girl in my class we didn't like to New Zealand, hope she doesn't cause you any trouble :P.

Any plans for the future?
(No joke, we actually did)

Banoffee: :-O. Well... I'm waiting for the day I am made SUPREME MODERATOR OF THE MODDING FORUM. But apart from that, I will continue modding as always have and keep going with the request thread. In real life I'm hoping do become a published author, because writing is something I really enjoy doing.

Yeebaagooon: What is this modding forum you speak of?

Banoffee: -.-

Yeebaagooon: :P, any last words for us?

Banoffee: Banoffee Pie is delicious.

Yeebaagooon: Indeed it is, and so are you.

Banoffee: Thank you and goodnight.

Yeebaagooon: Thankyou for taking part. I'm off to the pub.

Banoffee: yay

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Replies:
posted 29 November 2008 03:16 AM EDT (US)     1 / 43  
Nice parrot.

Oh congratulations!.!
posted 29 November 2008 03:41 AM EDT (US)     2 / 43  
Grats!
posted 29 November 2008 03:45 AM EDT (US)     3 / 43  
Congrats!

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 29 November 2008 04:24 AM EDT (US)     4 / 43  
Congratulations.
You'll find out why this is early soon enough
Why?
unofficial capacity like Out Reach
Hey my interviews have an official letter of acceptance from shanks. Don't lessen the acalaid for the people who won when I interviewed them. Just because I have fun when I do them

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 29 November 2008 04:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 43  
Sorry bad choice of words. I should have said informal ;p.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 29 November 2008 05:00 AM EDT (US)     6 / 43  
There's so much I never knew about you. Very nice. Congrats.
we deported some girl in my class we didn't like to New Zealand, hope she doesn't cause you any trouble :P.
I might require your services in future...

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 29 November 2008 05:55 AM EDT (US)     7 / 43  
Goodbye title. I liked you.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 29 November 2008 06:15 AM EDT (US)     8 / 43  
Congrats, that was errrm intresting.

<3
posted 29 November 2008 08:12 AM EDT (US)     9 / 43  
You are one scary mother****er Banoffee. Not at all as sweet and appealing as banoffee pie.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 29 November 2008 09:11 AM EDT (US)     10 / 43  
congratulations, you deserve it banoffee ^^

nice birdy soon i'm also going to buy a parrot and learn it some bad words
posted 29 November 2008 09:52 AM EDT (US)     11 / 43  
Good job.

I need to think of a new sig.
posted 29 November 2008 10:33 AM EDT (US)     12 / 43  
Your parrot looks evil in that picture.

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 29 November 2008 03:08 PM EDT (US)     13 / 43  
Congradulations Banoffee!

@ Yeebaagooon. You and Reachy have been making some good picks .

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
posted 29 November 2008 03:18 PM EDT (US)     14 / 43  
Congrats!

◓◓◓◓◓
posted 29 November 2008 04:22 PM EDT (US)     15 / 43  
Thanks everyone.
That is Themistocles, a Rainbow Lorikeet. He doesn't like photos lol.

@Baske: ???
posted 29 November 2008 05:12 PM EDT (US)     16 / 43  
You do look painfully young. Of course most of us do. There's so many that I always pictured looking very mature but and am surprised to see what they really look like.

~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
posted 29 November 2008 05:21 PM EDT (US)     17 / 43  
Banoffee, your picture reminds me of a kid in my class at school college.

And your name also reminds me of the peer support group I was in. Someone in the group (who was the guy who looked like you's friend) chose for the name. The 'Sparkling Banoffee Pie Ripper-Ripperers'.

Freaky!

..........(@_
._..........)..\_______________________________________
(_)@8@8{}<______________PoleRBear______________>
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig

[This message has been edited by PoleRBear (edited 12-05-2008 @ 12:00 PM).]

posted 29 November 2008 05:29 PM EDT (US)     18 / 43  
Small world.

>>My work<<

posted 29 November 2008 07:05 PM EDT (US)     19 / 43  
That is pretty strange, lol. What part of New Zealand do you live in?
posted 29 November 2008 08:12 PM EDT (US)     20 / 43  
The Rodney district.

To make sure: How old is the picture?

..........(@_
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig

[This message has been edited by PoleRBear (edited 12-05-2008 @ 11:59 AM).]

posted 29 November 2008 10:08 PM EDT (US)     21 / 43  
A few months
posted 29 November 2008 10:26 PM EDT (US)     22 / 43  
Hm... very odd.

..........(@_
............)_/
............(@
I stole Mator's sig

[This message has been edited by PoleRBear (edited 12-05-2008 @ 11:58 AM).]

posted 29 November 2008 10:27 PM EDT (US)     23 / 43  
Late congratz Banoffee!

(This post was mainly to get me 1000 posts faster.)

I was also astounded.
posted 30 November 2008 03:07 AM EDT (US)     24 / 43  
I don't think he looks that young in the picture. He didn't supply a birthday in the census so my guess is that he's either 16 or 17.

I'm the youngest looking out of all of you! L’Oreal, because I'm worth it.

posted 30 November 2008 04:07 AM EDT (US)     25 / 43  
That's thing thing people always think you're olderm but even people I know in real life out of school think I'm atleast 1 year older than I am.

<3
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Halls of Valhalla » Member Of The Month: November 2008
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames