You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Question? Post it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 94 95 96 97 98  Next Page »
posted 28 November 2005 05:00 PM EDT (US)   
In my efforts to enliven the scenario design community, it seems I've neglected our important modders and AI/RM scripters. So I've done a little housekeeping by getting rid of old, useless sticky threads and, hopefully, by relieving some of the question clutter with this thread.

First of all, if you're new to the forums.... in fact, even if you're not, I encourage you all to read this thread. However, instead of posting your questions in the scenario design thread, I encourage you to post them here.

What's more, I will be somewhat more lax with the question threads in this forum; afterall, questions seem to make up the majority of the activity in this portion of the community. I simply feel that it might be more convenient for the diligent sages who answer the questions, like Argalius, if all the queries were in the same place.

So. Please read the thread, follow the guidelines, and post your questions regarding modding, AI, or RM scripting here. Unless you believe the problem warrants discussion, in which case feel free to make a separate thread for it.

Okay? Fire away.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 11-28-2005 @ 05:02 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05 September 2010 01:43 PM EDT (US)     2376 / 2500  
Im not making scenario only units. Triggers are out of the picture.

Also, you can't erase a model and keep the point to attach to a new model can you? The export part is causing issues too. Using a standard sword as a template and making another weapon shouldn't be too hard, but I don't know what im doing wrong.
posted 05 September 2010 01:45 PM EDT (US)     2377 / 2500  
No, it's not scenario only, it's just because that you're loading them from the editor you need triggers, don't ask me why (well I do know, I just don't feel like explaining) but that's only cause you start from there. Everywhere but that it should work fine.
posted 05 September 2010 06:58 PM EDT (US)     2378 / 2500  
1º, while using aomed, when I extract data2.bar and then data.bar the menu becomes bugged, am I doing something wrong?

2º, is it possible to change the menu layout (not the backround), and if it is how/what are the files related to it?
posted 05 September 2010 07:53 PM EDT (US)     2379 / 2500  
1º, while using aomed, when I extract data2.bar and then data.bar the menu becomes bugged, am I doing something wrong?
Extract them into a folder seperate from the data folder. The game reads the xmbs and xmls that are in the data folder, and that overrides the bar, obviously you have the ui from the data (AoM) bar in there, and it's screwing up all your stuff. Seperate them because data2 is AoT, and the files are completely different (except for certain old beta files like meteor and lightning storm and stuff, which btw are NOT the definitions for those gps).
2º, is it possible to change the menu layout (not the backround), and if it is how/what are the files related to it?
Yes, that is uipregamenew. You'll have to do what you want yourself (or you could ask about something), because I'm not giving you a long tutorial or anything.

[This message has been edited by L33TSkillz (edited 09-05-2010 @ 07:54 PM).]

posted 05 September 2010 08:23 PM EDT (US)     2380 / 2500  
Also, when I try to change the portrait of a major god (I'm using Zeus as test), in the uigodpicker screen the borders of the image are shown in blue instead of the The Titans greenish color, is there any easy way to bypass this problem?
posted 05 September 2010 08:37 PM EDT (US)     2381 / 2500  
What do you mean? Is it a square of blue around the icon? is it a different circular border?

If it's the blue square then you're replacing the wrong one, only 256x256 has the proper transparency. If you're changing the textures you didn't do the transparency right.
If it's the ring around it, then that's right because the rings go with the images.

[This message has been edited by L33TSkillz (edited 09-05-2010 @ 08:39 PM).]

posted 05 September 2010 08:38 PM EDT (US)     2382 / 2500  
Square of blue.
posted 05 September 2010 08:40 PM EDT (US)     2383 / 2500  
Okay, well I just edited about that a moment ago. Your transparency is screwed up.
Actually kinda confused myself because the titan's ones don't have transparency. Those may be hard-coded or something, which they really did a lot with other titans stuff, so idk what to do.

[This message has been edited by L33TSkillz (edited 09-05-2010 @ 08:42 PM).]

posted 06 September 2010 07:47 AM EDT (US)     2384 / 2500  
i am trying to change a default display name for a mod and i am also trying to make a priest that shoots fire balls. can sombody help with thhose things cuz i am very bad with modding (and spelling, so it seeems, odly i usd to be awsom at speillng but now i cant spealll at awl =( )
posted 06 September 2010 09:56 AM EDT (US)     2385 / 2500  
All you have to do is swap the priest's priest projectile with ball of fire in the proto(x).

If you want a different priest without altering them just copy the info and paste it at the bottom, changing the ID.

Ok im getting extremely PO'd right now. Im trying to do this stupid UnWrap UVW and edit. Each time I move a vertice and select another the one I moved goes back to it's original position!!!

Edit: Nevermind that, still get this incorrect mesh w/e error when I try to convert it with AoME though, but forget it.

I tried changing the sfx hero glow blue in the ddt file. Converted it back and all, but when I apply it ingame via ReplaceTexture the new hero glow is still the same color.

There some different method that must be followed when dealing with sfx textures...?

[This message has been edited by Ghoulz (edited 09-08-2010 @ 01:48 AM).]

posted 10 September 2010 01:13 AM EDT (US)     2386 / 2500  
here's hoping this place is fairly active...
As a first post on these forums, I have a fair few questions.
Primary among these are my questions related to filetypes in Age of Mythology.

I can see a multitude of types, ranging from .brg to .no, but I cannot find any catalogue of what each one specifies.
This would be useful, as navigating through the large set of models in the models.bar is a time-consuming task in any case, and yet further complexities are added with trial-and-error to get the right file.

Is there somewhere a catalogue of AoM's filetypes/extensions, so that I can properly extract some models?
posted 10 September 2010 03:22 AM EDT (US)     2387 / 2500  
Eh? Huh? What?

You..... need AoM Editor....? I don't have trouble finding the model I need.
posted 10 September 2010 05:35 PM EDT (US)     2388 / 2500  
I have AoMed, GMax, Bar Explorer, and a few other importer/exporter type programs which I have accumulated in the past.

I'm asking what the types of files used in AoM are, specifically what I should be looking for in terms of the model format (I notice that there are a bunch of files connected with each unit, so I guess that most are animations).
I know, for instance, that the .tga files are textures, and believe that the .grn files are animations, but there are a bunch of file types which I can't identify.

EDIT:
I have compiled a list of the ones most interesting to me at the moment:
.dcl
.grn
.brg
.prt
.no
.spr
All of these from models.bar - .grn is the aniamtion format, iirc, but the rest I simply don't know.
Simply, my question is: what are all these?

[This message has been edited by Orac (edited 09-10-2010 @ 06:46 PM).]

posted 12 September 2010 03:21 AM EDT (US)     2389 / 2500  
Can someone give me a link to Cheesy's anim editor because I can't find it on the Modding tools page
posted 12 September 2010 03:59 AM EDT (US)     2390 / 2500  
ty for ur help
posted 12 September 2010 05:08 PM EDT (US)     2391 / 2500  
I added a new technology to non-building unit, but I mash the button a hundred times and it won't research.

What the fudge is wrong?

Also, that ProjectileID only works in the editor.
posted 12 September 2010 06:02 PM EDT (US)     2392 / 2500  
Can you post the tech and I'll see if anything is wrong with it. If not there's some things you might want to try, but I've never researched a tech on a non-building before, should be plenty of ways to get it to work though.

EDIT: Just put <flag>ForceBuildingData</flag> in the unit
Thought that would work, but decided to test it.

And ProjectileID only works in the editor? were you play-testing it or using it in a real game?

[This message has been edited by L33TSkillz (edited 09-12-2010 @ 06:15 PM).]

posted 13 September 2010 07:14 AM EDT (US)     2393 / 2500  
forcebuildingdata works, thanks.

And ya, I played a few actual games and it doesn't work.

EDIT: Hey, does the promethean offspring use a different texture? I gave it a new texture based off of the MU X Promethean Map and it's all corrupted in the game.

[This message has been edited by Ghoulz (edited 09-13-2010 @ 05:58 PM).]

posted 14 September 2010 08:29 PM EDT (US)     2394 / 2500  
can you add your own music into the game?
posted 14 September 2010 09:25 PM EDT (US)     2395 / 2500  
Yeah I would imagine so, it's not any different from adding new sounds for units.
posted 15 September 2010 07:42 AM EDT (US)     2396 / 2500  
Are there any single player types of games like the campaign of the game (with a storyline etc)? I repeat single player.
posted 15 September 2010 08:19 AM EDT (US)     2397 / 2500  
Just 1500 or so...

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2

[This message has been edited by Guard of Olympus (edited 09-15-2010 @ 09:34 AM).]

posted 15 September 2010 09:16 AM EDT (US)     2398 / 2500  
Thanks for the reply, can you check your gmail account you provide on your profile?
posted 15 September 2010 09:33 AM EDT (US)     2399 / 2500  
I have answered.

It's a mix of RPGs, Option stories and AoM Campaign styled scenarios. Hope you don't mind the RPGs.

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
posted 15 September 2010 08:31 PM EDT (US)     2400 / 2500  
Hey, anyone know anything about the troll's ReflectDamage param? I been trying to alter it for another unit to return more hitpoints back after the attack, but im mostly getting nowhere.

It seems to be linked to the amount of pierce damage inflicted, but I don't want to deal instant deathblows or crippling hits just to get a nice chunk of life back.

What's TimeOffset from the anim functions? Is that a delay before your attack goes off during the animation?

[This message has been edited by Ghoulz (edited 09-15-2010 @ 09:09 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 94 95 96 97 98  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Have a Question? Post it Here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: